Crap HMFC-related Claims to Fame!

Craig_

Henry Smith once picked me up in his taxi. Berra once spat the dummy a wee bit when I told him the Trams were temporarily short running because of an incident at Haymarket - it was when he was injured and on crutches (sorry). I've had a chat and a pint in the company of Wayne Foster in The Mill.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Pans Jambo

• Shanks said no

• Stu_HMFC

Someone taking ages to pay for his petrol causing a massive tailback while he minces around the shop inside. I'm sitting in the motor thinking I'll brief this prick up, all scenarios and stuff. Guy comes out and it's John Souttar (or his stunt double) he's about 3 feet bigger than me so I just stfu and sat there in a mood. 

Mike Galloway presented me with my Player of the Year award and then started off the Hearts Song

Half the club committee being Hibees walked oot 😃😃

Outside East End park as a kid (my Dad has somehow got us tickets in the Dunfermline end ffs) a tall gentleman messed up my hair as he was entering through the main entrance. Was Gilles Rousset.

Also saw Severin and Darren Jackson there once outside the ground and said hi as I passed all star struck. Was after DJ had left us, but he was his agent apparently which explains why he was there.

Was acting as Niemi's ball boy during warm ups at the preseason friendly with Toulouse as it was at some random French junior sides ground. Met JJ and the players as they disembarked and got tons of photos too, but not sure where they ever disappeared to.

Gary Naysmith hit me in the face with a ball warming up at Tannadice, but came over and apologised to me :lol:

Edit - forgot one. Saw David Obua pull up at traffic lights in a white Range Rover. Told my mate who ran after his car as he didn't believe me (full of drink). Caught up at the next lights and got a hi 5 from a very confused Obua.

Edited by RS86

aldaraanprince

My mum talked to JJ while he was having a slash in a borders pub toilet (don't ask) , tapped him on the shoulder and asked if he was coming back. Was before his second stint and she stuck her savings on him being the next manager :munny:

10 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Mike Galloway presented me with my Player of the Year award and then started off the Hearts Song

👌

Beat Robbo’s school team 3-2. He scored both their goals. Got Donald Fords autograph at Infirmary Baths. Got a nod from Stephane Adam when he was walking round Arthur Seat

3 minutes ago, Heartsfth said:

Beat Robbo’s school team 3-2. He scored both their goals. Got Donald Fords autograph at Infirmary Baths. Got a nod from Stephane Adam when he was walking round Arthur Seat

I’ve got a beautiful framed picture of the Forth Bridge hanging in my house, from Donal Ford when he had his shop/gallery in a South Queensferry… signed it for me also!

Many Years ago I was having a few pints with a mate in (think it was called ‘Sign’) , and the legend Wayne Foster was in with Nicky Walker. When they were leaving they thought the glass doors were open and Nicky Walker proceeded to walk head first intro the glass . He was in some pain but Fozzy was helpless with laughter.  Bar staff had to actually clean the glass 🤣 he was ok but that was funny.

we did offer to buy them a drink when recovering.

Edited by 1971fozzy

Captain Scarlett

I was working in the GM department in Sainsburys at Straiton which included the photoshop Ryan McGowan popped in to get some film developed i said "First i have to shake your hand for your goal in the cup final" and he replied "Yeah great result wasn't it?

I then shouted one of my colleagues over to meet him fine knowing he was a Hibby, he was not amused although me and Gowser found it a tad hilairious,

I’ve got 2. I baby sat for malky Robertson’s kids once so him and wife could go out and get blootered. The other is years ago, my then boss was Jimmy wardhaugh’s daughter. She left the job to become a nun! 

I won the Jambo Jackpot at a Wednesday night game against the Hun. Got my photo taken with John Colquhoon and Stephen Frail. Pieman was writing the cheque and JC asks me if I’ll take it in instalments. I got the feeling that the Pieman didn’t like JC and Jc thought he was an arsehole. 

9 minutes ago, jb102 said:

I won the Jambo Jackpot at a Wednesday night game against the Hun. Got my photo taken with John Colquhoon and Stephen Frail. Pieman was writing the cheque and JC asks me if I’ll take it in instalments. I got the feeling that the Pieman didn’t like JC and Jc thought he was an arsehole. 

Not only a fantastic player, but also a great judge of character :D

3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Went on holiday to Maga on a stag do in 2012 the day after the 5-1 final and Billy Broon was staying in the same hotel.

Must have been there at the same time as you as 6 of us flew out on the Wednesday

3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Went on holiday to Maga on a stag do in 2012 the day after the 5-1 final and Billy Broon was staying in the same hotel.

Must have been there at the same time as you as 6 of us flew out on the Wednesday

Met JC and Fraser Wishart at, I think a Manics gig at Barrowlands

One if my all time favourite Jambos

(Colquhoun not that **** Wishart) 😀

December 1982 or 3 heading home for Christmas on the train from Waverley. Seated with a group of fellow students with a case of McEwan's Export on the table in front of us none other than Willie Johnston gets on at Haymarket and makes his way through the carriage.

'Hiyi, Willie', says I.

He looked down, nodded with an 'Awright' and carried on his search for a seat.

I occasionally wonder if he'd have taken a can and joined us for the journey. He got off at Inverkeithing if I recall correctly.

Also, went for a pint at Mackay's Centre Spot before a Scotland international and managed to get tickets for said game - Australia, possibly - by asking Gary himself.

I've also had a rather embarrassing chat with Juanma... pished after my snooker presentation, where I had won a very fine looking trophy. I was standing outside my flat trying to get in (with one eye closed) when Juanma walked past, I said hello and he stopped to chat when he clocked the trophy. I told him what it was for etc, he then asked me if I was a pro where I shamefully said yes :lol: he shook my hand, said good luck and continued on his way. What a guy.

been here before

Used to go out with a lassie who babysat Robbos children once or twice.

Scored a goal into the school end many moons ago when there was no-one else around. Proceeded to run over to The Shed giving it large and pointing to where we usually stood.

Berra was infront of me a while back getting petrol at the Sainsburys garage in Longstone.

He used one of those daft free plastic gloves when filling up.

Went away down in my estimation

Gary Mackay gave my 10 year old son and I an impromptu tour of the stadium.  Highlight was stepping on to that turf for the one and only time.  Lowlight was seeing Wayne Foster in the scud.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

You want crap claims?  Awright:

1. I was in the same year at Porty as Ralph Callaghan, used to play fitba at dinnertime in the back playground (Mike McCartney, who was with West Brom for a while, played as well).

2. My mum and dad were in the same class as Willie Bauld at Niddrie Marischal school.

3. I used to chat (very briefly) with King Willie when I bought my Pink in his shop on Gorgie Road.

I've not had much of a life....

My gran grew up 2 doors down from Jim Jeffries and said he was in her friend group.

Mike Galloway was also vaguely some relation to my family, when I was about 5 years old he came to my grans house with his wife and daughter. Just sat in the living room as they were chatting away.

The Goalscoring Knee

Couple of really mundane ones

Did a morning round for years for Johnny Hamilton for not very much money, and that meant I got to take a Daily Record two doors up to Bobby Kemp's in return for two rolls for Johnny.

Also did a charity sketch where Donald Ford played the straight man and I had to tell him how crap he was (how the audience howled...)

My oldest has his picture on the Hearts Website, and it has been there for a good couple of years. It's on the community page and was before he could take a decent picture

Just remembered, I was sat at the next table to Paul Hartley at a curry house in Albufeira many years ago. Would have gone over and shook his hand, but he'd just come from the Irish bar next door and was surrounded by Sellick-y acolytes, so I left him to it. 

Jamie Walker was behind me in the queue at Costa, Straiton several months ago now.  He didn't speak to me. I think he was a bit star struck!!  ;)

As a laddie, I used to deliver Eddie Thomson's milk.

Played golf a couple of times with the great Alex Young.

Been to a party or two and chatted with Eric Carruthers.

Enjoyed pints a number of times with Sandy Jardine (and John Greig) during his Rangers years.

5 hours ago, Jeff said:

Bumped into half of the team in City Falkirk and beat Jack Hamilton at a game of pool next door in Sportsters

This was the 15 point deduction squad for the record

I live up the road from Jack no bad guy more interested in my Labrador than speaking about football 😂😂

Also, I see Willie Jamieson quite a lot out walking his dog in Port Seton. Spoke to him in the Seaglass about that 30 yard volley he scored against Celtic at Tynecastle. 

Good few years ago now I worked in the Gyle bumped into Larry Kingston coming out with bags of toys from Disney shop walked through the shops into car park chatting away with him . That night I was out with a few lads and we bumped into him and his mate in Walkabout at the Omni 😂 bought us a few drinks good laugh and a good guy . 

2 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

I know Mike Galloway's sister.

My Mum was good pals with Darren Jackson's (now ex) wife when I was a kid. Can remember him coming to my Mum's 40th at our house in about 1999 and him parking his big shiny BMW outside our house and coming in wearing a big black leather jacket. I thought he was the absolute business. He used to be really sound to my brother and I in all fairness and used to give us wee Jambo treats and stuff. Pretty sure I have one of his Scotland jerseys in my folks attic and I seem to remember him giving us all his Hearts training gear at the end of one season - I've got a photo of my Grandad somewhere wearing his drill top with his squad number, fixing a car 😂

Also used to work in a high end shoe shop in Edinburgh around the Romanov era when I admit I completely lost interest in football and became more interested in playing in a band, but probably saw most Hearts and Hibs players come in or at least walk past on their way to Harvey Nics or wherever. Sold two pair of MoMa boots (top end stuff!) to Michael Stewart and some mad designer ("Evisu") shoes to a couple of the foreign lads. Ibrahim Tall I remember liked his trainers and was in fairly regularly. 

I used to see Derek O'Conner on a sunday visiting his mum when I lived in Fountainbridge, also spoke to Drew Busby when I was wee in his boozer.

My first Hearts autograph was Graeme Hogg, couple of weeks later was his fight with Levein.

2nd autograph was Robbo’s, acquired via the local greengrocer whose son was neighbours with Robbo. Normally wouldn’t have anything to do with robbo and crap but instead of removing the paper sleeve from the Robbo goals vhs tape I was getting signed, he used a biro on the plastic outer sleeve, signature could have been anyone 

Was in Prague on a stag do, last day was the Sunday. Before going to airport we were in a sports bar watching us beat Celtic 2-1, the Bednar winner, Lennon Shan pass back game.

Anyway, at the airport me and my mate spy Roman Romanov, so we drunkenly go up to him eulogising about the Hearts. Kid looked like a rabbit in headlights.

Turns out he was on our flight, sat at the back, bent double in his seat, clutching his briefcase. Assume that he hated flying and not scarred by our meeting...

Салатные палочки

Really dull one but I beat Roddy McKenzie with a peach of a penalty in front of the School End. He wasn't too happy. 

Shanks said no

Unbeknown to me a certain iconic player was back at Tynecastle for the half time draw.

I was walking through the concourse with a young lady I know, not Mrs F. We turned a corner and bumped right into Stefano Salvatori. I was absolutely lost for words as he smiled at us both, the girl started making this weird noise muttering his name, lets just say she was weak at the knees.

I loved Stefano.

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

5 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

So he has been places

jambogirlglasgow
5 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

Alan mclaren walked my dog when I was on holiday once. 

He’s asked me to ask you if you want him to walk your dog now; £20 per hour?