Travel to Dingwall

Zaba

50 minutes ago, Zaba said:

Well up for this. Trains booked and anticipating a right good one in the Mallard upon arrival too.

What are everyone’s plans?

Remnants of Standards

Be warned according to timetable there isn't a train leaving Dingwall until 720pm. Fine if you don't mind sitting in The Mallard but it's a long journey back and all.

9 minutes ago, Remnants of Standards said:

Be warned according to timetable there isn't a train leaving Dingwall until 720pm. Fine if you don't mind sitting in The Mallard but it's a long journey back and all.

Got that one booked mate, cheers!

6.48am train up.

Got a taxi from the mallard back to Inverness for 5.15pm. Only £40 between 6 of us. Be able to get the 6.50pm train home after a pot or two in Caley. Hopefully with 3 points to boot.

Edited by Ccjambo1874

willie wallace

Anyone know if the A9 is still slow especially between Perth and Dunkeld.

Was up there a couple of months ago and it was tough going through the roadworks.

alex young hero
34 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Was up there a couple of months ago and it was tough going through the roadworks.

The Apprentice

It'll be the drive up for me. Curry booked in Inverness after the game and then back down the road.

My last match up there was the late 2-1 defeat early in the admin season.  Easily the worst journey home I've had from a match.

1 hour ago, willie wallace said:

I'm sure I read that all the road works are done and dusted now. I'm driving up too with a B&B booked for me and the Mrs. She'll have a couple of hours to herself while I'm at the match. Haven't been to Ross County before so looking forward to it. Having said that my ticket hasn't arrived in the post yet.

1 hour ago, willie wallace said:

The new section is open both ways. It’s a pretty good drive once you’re north of Perth now. As ever recently, Broxden is the hold-up.

willie wallace
27 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I'm sure I read that all the road works are done and dusted now. I'm driving up too with a B&B booked for me and the Mrs. She'll have a couple of hours to herself while I'm at the match. Haven't been to Ross County before so looking forward to it. Having said that my ticket hasn't arrived in the post yet.

Haha,that's the plan I am working on with the missus at the moment.

willie wallace
1 hour ago, alex young hero said:

No problems all work complete

20 minutes ago, leginten said:

The new section is open both ways. It’s a pretty good drive once you’re north of Perth now. As ever recently, Broxden is the hold-up.

Cheers for the info guys.

1 minute ago, willie wallace said:

Haha,that's the plan I am working on with the missus at the moment.

I suggested a trip to the highlands and waited for a wee smile to appear before mentioning the match and she went for it. There's a nice museum in Dingwall so she'll be happy with that.

chester copperpot

I know this will probably be very unpopular but I am never ever putting another penny into Scottish football unless it's into my own team.

The way they treated us will never be forgotten, especially those tramps from up there!

8 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I know this will probably be very unpopular but I am never ever putting another penny into Scottish football unless it's into my own team.

The way they treated us will never be forgotten, especially those tramps from up there!

I take your point and you are completely justified in your opinion but 1. At my age life's too short and 2. Going up to Dingwall, cheering on our team and bringing home the three points is a great way to stick it to them.

3 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

Everyone to their own, but life is just too short! I still love away games and won't allow other clubs to spoil my life! The club also needs our support and sitting at home watching it on Alba won't help us win Thhe game.

3 hours ago, chester copperpot said:

stick to walking dugs 

26 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

What is the story with tickets.  How many did we get and are they sold out?

Really looking forward to this.

Can buy tickets up there.

13 minutes ago, Section N Rules said:

Thanks.  Hope the weather is good and the place is bouncing.  Don't know about Edinburgh but there is a real feelgood factor here.  The happy train is bombing along.

Remnants of Standards
5 hours ago, 1953 said:

I suggested a trip to the highlands and waited for a wee smile to appear before mentioning the match and she went for it. There's a nice museum in Dingwall so she'll be happy with that.

Whole place is a museum mate although Strathpeffer is out on its own; like The Shining there.

6 hours ago, leginten said:

A9
One tip guys ,(as I travel the road twice a week), at the roundabout after passing McDiarmid don’t stay in the left hand lane, that’s the lane that’s normally backed right up 

stay in the outside lane at the roundabout it splits into 3 lanes and you simply stay in middle  lane and join the A9 north

also from Perth watch out for the signs for dual carriageways/overtaking lanes , if it says overtaking lane as opposed to dual carriageway then the speed limit is still 60mph and it’s covered by the average speed cameras.

when it’s a dual carriageway obviously the limit is 70mph but there are no 

average speed cameras on those sections, not that I’m advocating speeding, but if you need to get past a line of traffic you can do.😎

they also without doubt will have camera vans on the A9 on Saturday as you get closer to Inverness /Dingwall so just be aware 🚓🚓

Edited by 22games nro
Spelling

6 hours ago, bigdav said:

Just got a message from my b & b. Still OK to stay but no brekkie on Sunday due to covid- Eh??

:lol: Maybe change “Covid” for “Raging Hangover”.

I can feel an official match thread coming on.  All set for my prediction.  It involves one side scoring 4 but not saying which just yet.

highlandjambo3
11 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

What is the story with tickets.  How many did we get and are they sold out?

Really looking forward to this.

We never sell out for Dingwall….I usually turn up and buy a hearts ticket on the day……no loyalty points that way though.

Anyone aware if the alcohol ban is still in force for train journeys? Or has it since relaxed and the old rules apply where you can drink between 9am and 9pm?

William H. Bonney
4 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Anyone aware if the alcohol ban is still in force for train journeys? Or has it since relaxed and the old rules apply where you can drink between 9am and 9pm?

I’m not sure how much they’ll bother with it but it’s still completely banned, at all times. 

13 hours ago, Section N Rules said:

Which they didn't seem to know about when I phoned them earlier!  They suggested phoning them tomorrow afternoon or Saturday morning to check.......

My half sister

I’m in the ‘Only Hearts’ camp too so will not be going but when I did, I always got the bus back into Inverness around 5.30 rather than hanging about in Dingwall 

42 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Which they didn't seem to know about when I phoned them earlier!  They suggested phoning them tomorrow afternoon or Saturday morning to check.......

From Hearts Facebook page.

Screenshot_20210916-110621_Facebook.jpg

portobellojambo1
46 minutes ago, Dusty said:

In the club's defence I'd guess that the decision to sell tickets on the day, outside the ground, was a decision taken by Ross County. Chances are that if the informed HMFC of this then the info. was probably sent to Hearts Media team, and may only have been put online for viewing, rather than relayed to people in the ticket office, for example. Staff in the ticket office may have been unaware of what Ross County planned to do on the day.

The Apprentice
12 hours ago, 22games nro said:

A9
One tip guys ,(as I travel the road twice a week), at the roundabout after passing McDiarmid don’t stay in the left hand lane, that’s the lane that’s normally backed right up 

stay in the outside lane at the roundabout it splits into 3 lanes and you simply stay in middle  lane and join the A9 north

also from Perth watch out for the signs for dual carriageways/overtaking lanes , if it says overtaking lane as opposed to dual carriageway then the speed limit is still 60mph and it’s covered by the average speed cameras.

when it’s a dual carriageway obviously the limit is 70mph but there are no 

average speed cameras on those sections, not that I’m advocating speeding, but if you need to get past a line of traffic you can do.😎

they also without doubt will have camera vans on the A9 on Saturday as you get closer to Inverness /Dingwall so just be aware 🚓🚓

Top man, thank you :thumbsup:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hopefully here a few spoonfuls of medicine being dished out on my way home from Edzell, catch Alba later on. Crossing that bridge is like stepping back in time, a different way of life, but not the worst if you enjoy the quiet life

Kalamazoo Jambo
22 hours ago, bigdav said:

Just got a message from my b & b. Still OK to stay but no brekkie on Sunday due to covid- Eh??

Technically speaking, you're staying at a b.

highlandjambo3
5 hours ago, Dusty said:

when enquiring about away tickets, I got this from Ross County on Tuesday:

Yes we are hoping to be selling on the day of the game.

Kind regards

Minique Dearden | Commercial Assistant

Ross County Football Club

Global Energy Stadium|Dingwall|Scotland|IV15 9QZ

Tel: +44 (0)1349860860

Email: [email protected]

Web: www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk

highlandjambo3
4 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

In the club's defence I'd guess that the decision to sell tickets on the day, outside the ground, was a decision taken by Ross County. Chances are that if the informed HMFC of this then the info. was probably sent to Hearts Media team, and may only have been put online for viewing, rather than relayed to people in the ticket office, for example. Staff in the ticket office may have been unaware of what Ross County planned to do on the day.

Ross County always sell away tickets on the day of the game……I cannot recall our end ever being full.

highlandjambo3
23 hours ago, bigdav said:

Eh!!  I run a b & b in Inverness…..I’ve been cooking breakfasts for months.  I’d challenge them on this.  What I do know about the accommodation situation up here is, a lot of old fuddie duddies have quit doing this as a wee sort of retirement cash boost have given up.  The ones that have plodded on have either:  

1.  Upped their game (like me, currently graded 9.5 on booking.com……smug 😏) to deliver a safe and professional service or…..

2.  Cuffing it and making it up as they go along (which I believe your place is)…..bet they answer your door knock through their letterbox wearing this 😂😂:

A1897FD0-4979-479A-BD5E-653FC55E481B.gif

portobellojambo1
9 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Ross County always sell away tickets on the day of the game……I cannot recall our end ever being full.

I don't know if they, as a club, are similar to possibly the OF, who did continue to charge HMFC, as far as I'm aware, for all tickets they asked for whether or not they were actually sold. For example if we were to take say 1,800 tickets for Parkhead but only sold 900 we as a club would be billed for the full amount, we couldn't return them. This may mean that HMFC agree an amount with Ross County that we know we can sell and then leave it to Ross County to decide if they want to sell HMFC fans additional tickets locally, on the match day. Makes sense from HMFC's point of view.

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Hopefully here a few spoonfuls of medicine being dished out on my way home from Edzell, catch Alba later on. Crossing that bridge is like stepping back in time, a different way of life, but not the worst if you enjoy the quiet life

Funny……I say the same heading south over the bridge ☺️

highlandjambo3
3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I don't know if they, as a club, are similar to possibly the OF, who did continue to charge HMFC, as far as I'm aware, for all tickets they asked for whether or not they were actually sold. For example if we were to take say 1,800 tickets for Parkhead but only sold 900 we as a club would be billed for the full amount, we couldn't return them. This may mean that HMFC agree an amount with Ross County that we know we can sell and then leave it to Ross County to decide if they want to sell HMFC fans additional tickets locally, on the match day. Makes sense from HMFC's point of view.

I believe that we stop selling the tickets for our end the day before the game…..what’s left are then sent North by carrier pigeon (or similar) to be sold on the day of the game…..as I’ve said, I always turn up and pay cash on the day……whilst a good travelling support, never seen our end full.

portobellojambo1
8 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I believe that we stop selling the tickets for our end the day before the game…..what’s left are then sent North by carrier pigeon (or similar) to be sold on the day of the game…..as I’ve said, I always turn up and pay cash on the day……whilst a good travelling support, never seen our end full.

That may well be the case, I genuinely don't know hence my suggestion that we possibly only take a fixed number that we are confident we can sell via Tynecastle.

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

That is absolutely sickening if true.  Extrapolated, it could mean the OF offer us 10,000 on the basis you describe.  We say no thanks and that results in none of our supporters being present.

I would hope we would respond by offering them 17 tickets at Tynecastle.