• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• One five

• davemclaren

• Morgan

Seen this on Facebook I’ll be buying. Will be interesting on his take of what went on during the Vlad era at the beginning plus what on at Newcastle. 

William H. Bonney

I can’t be bothered with autobiographies, however, I will definitely make an exception for this one. 
Some great stories to be told I’d imagine. 

About time ya wee legend.

That's my best Christmas pressie of 2021 sorted.

It will be like the Broons or Oor Wullie annuals in the 70's: read clean through on the day.

Is there a free hammer with every book? 

Can't wait to get this.  Even when I'm finished it I'll pretend to still read it on the train to wind up them. 

Fire_At_The_Disco

I spoke to the wee legend in the gorgie suite on Sunday and got a nice photo with him, he was looking well and in good form. 
Can’t wait to read the book. 

Edited by Tambo_The_Jambo

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

I spoke to the wee legend in the gorgie suite on Sunday and got a nice photo with him, he was looking well and in good form
Can’t wait to read the book. 

Great to hear

Given that this book will feature Hibernian significantly, wonder if it will be on sale in their shop, assuming they've got a shop.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

How many does it need to sell to get on the best seller list, this will surely sell in the tens of thousands. 

Is Irvine Welsh no bringing out a crappy wee book out the same month? the scum will go out in numbers to buy it to knock Robbo off top spot 😂 sad thing is not many them can read or write Lykees ya Ken wit a meen ya raj .

Edited by Stu_HMFC

9 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Is Irvine Welsh no bringing out a crappy wee book out the same month? the scum will go out in numbers to buy it to knock Robbo off top spot 😂 sad thing is not many them can read or write Lykees ya Ken wit a meen ya raj .

No they won’t ! the scum are miserable ****s only some will buy the book and then pass it around 😂

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Quite possibly, he’s in a very small group of Hibs fans that I can actually put up with 😆

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, One five said:

No they won’t ! the scum are miserable ****s only some will buy the book and then pass it around 😂

Nick it from charity shops 😂

Carl Fredrickson

I am really looking forward to reading it but I would recommend that rather than buying it from Amazon, you buy it from the club shop or a bookshop. Amazon take a huge % from books that other places don't

13 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I am really looking forward to reading it but I would recommend that rather than buying it from Amazon, you buy it from the club shop or a bookshop. Amazon take a huge % from books that other places don't

Yip good post I will certainly be buying it from the club shop.

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Given that this book will feature Hibernian significantly, wonder if it will be on sale in their shop, assuming they've got a shop.

More a train/ bus waiting room, or an afterthought - take your pick😂

Hibernian FC Club Store - Disabled Access - Edinburgh - Euan's Guide

VIP tickets booked. Looking forward to once again sharing a precious moment with the hero of my childhood.....if someone had offered me a choice between Superman and Robbo to score a last minute winner against Hibs when I was 10, Robbo would have been running in celebration before Clark Kent had even undone his tie... 

3 hours ago, Le Chat said:

The King.

The King of Hearts was the wonderful Willie Bauld.

Robbo, my second all-time Hearts hero, is the The Ace of Hearts.  👍

If I get no other book in my lifetime, this one will be the best.

I couldn’t love another man any more than wee John.

5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Might get tickets for it

Will they have books on the night to buy and get signed?

You live near Edinburgh, you’re a Hearts fan (?) and you only might get tickets for it?

:vrface:

3 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

I can’t be bothered with autobiographies, however, I will definitely make an exception for this one. 
Some great stories to be told I’d imagine. 

He tells the best stories, in the best way. 

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You live near Edinburgh, you’re a Hearts fan (?) and you only might get tickets for it?

:vrface:

If I can get the time off work then I’ll be there

I just wondered if books will be available for sale on the night and can you get them signed?

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I just wondered if books will be available for sale on the night and can you get them signed?

Sorry, I obviously misunderstood your post.  

queensferryjambo
3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

There is a package to get a signed book and admission. 

Think it is £15 for straight admission and £40 for admission and signed book. Then other more expensive packages for getting photos taken, event sponsorship etc

12 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Glad to see they have managed to rebuild and repair after an ***cough*** un-named and un-identified assailant used an unidentified weapon ***cough broom handle found on Princes Street*** to relocate some of the glass in the shop windows in the early 2000s. 

They never caught him?

That's a shame:whistling:

1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Agree with this, particularly buying it from the club shop as the club benefits from Robbo, again!  Perhaps they could arrange signed copies?  After all he had lots of practice signing Inverness tickets for us last season.

10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

The King of Hearts was the wonderful Willie Bauld.

Robbo, my second all-time Hearts hero, is the The Ace of Hearts.  👍

If I get no other book in my lifetime, this one will be the best.

I couldn’t love another man any more than wee John.

Hey Morg I remember you pulled me up for the same lol and you’re absolutely correct Willie is known as the king. 

Robbo Is my all time hero.

Not only a Hearts legend and a pure Gentleman but also a very nice person.

I have harboured a grudge against JJ since 1998 for bringing on Jim Hamilton in place of Stephane Adam in the cup final.  

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Alec Eiffel said:

I have harboured a grudge against JJ since 1998 for bringing on Jim Hamilton in place of Stephane Adam in the cup final.  

Yeah me too, more so not taking a limping Fulton off. 

6 minutes ago, Alec Eiffel said:

Yeah Robbo should have got on instead of Hamilton imo.