Next 3 League Games

SuperstarSteve

I understand that we may not win all these games but someone predicting we will draw with Motherwell at Tynecastle for example is surely saying that Motherwell are effectively better than us.

I think there is a huge difference in recognising that we might lose or draw a game to predicting that we will.

I think we'll win all 3 and draw at ibrox.

Confident and with a wealth of attacking options of a quality that he hasn’t had before I expect us to be positively set up in all of the games and to score more than once in them all.  

9 hours ago, martoon said:

Ross 1 Hearts 2

Hearts 3 Livi 0

Hearts 2 Motherwell 2

I'd love 9 points but 7 would be far from disastrous.

Ross 0 Hearts 1

Hearts 1 Livi 0

Hearts 1 Motherwell 2

Just a feeling.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I understand that we may not win all these games but someone predicting we will draw with Motherwell at Tynecastle for example is surely saying that Motherwell are effectively better than us.

I think there is a huge difference in recognising that we might lose or draw a game to predicting that we will.

That's fair. 

But, I think we'll win all 3 and get pumped at Ibrox. 

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's fair. 

One thread you have made 6 contributions so far! Am out every one that you contribute more than 3 posts, it's a joke.

Edited by Lfhearts

7 points out of those 3 games is an acceptable return tbh and I would skip forward and not play those games if you offered me that right now however internally 9 points should be the target.

28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's fair. 

I think we’ll drop points at Ross County

Win both home games

Get the dry length at Ibrox because we set up not to concede, concede then try to chase the game and get leathered

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

I think we’ll drop points at Ross County

Win both home games

Get the dry length at Ibrox because we set up not to concede, concede then try to chase the game and get leathered

Sums up a Glasgow trip perfectly 😭

10 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

7-9 points from that would be good, we really should be aiming for 9 points though, Motherwell is the tricky one here, they are on good form at the minute.

Watched the Motherwell v Aberdeen game, they suckered the Dons, very physical side who are not afraid to put the boot in and ironically go down when any opposition players look at them

They will come to Tynecastle to frustrate and quieten the crowd, typically the type of team we struggle against over the years 

1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Ross 0 Hearts 1

Hearts 1 Livi 0

Hearts 1 Motherwell 2

Just a feeling.

Fair enough, bud.

I agree that Motherwell is, potentially, the toughest of the three. Decent looking side and I think their head coach is a good one.

Tbf, all three games are tough. We'll have to do very well to get the 9 points available or the lion's share.

🦁

More than capable of taking the 9, however, we’re just one or two brain farts away from dropping points. However, one thing that RN has made us, is very hard to beat… think it will come down to how many chances we can convert (stating the obvious I know)… but if we can score in each game, I think we’ll take at least 7 points. 

58 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sums up a Glasgow trip perfectly 😭

I think RN's preferred system is a good one for Ibrox, Tosh.

I'm thinking of the 3-0 win in 1996.

Squad should be up to speed by then and, although a similar win is unlikely, I think a good result through there is possible.

If we still have our current momentum going into the Ibrox visit I'll feel quite confident of getting something from it.

11 hours ago, martoon said:

Ross 1 Hearts 2

Hearts 3 Livi 0

Hearts 2 Motherwell 2

I'd love 9 points but 7 would be far from disastrous.

We should be going for maximum points at Tynecastle versus any opposition. 

6 minutes ago, iainmac said:

We should be going for maximum points at Tynecastle versus any opposition. 

Of course.

Doesn't mean we will get them, though.

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, martoon said:

I think RN's preferred system is a good one for Ibrox, Tosh.

I'm thinking of the 3-0 win in 1996.

Squad should be up to speed by then and, although a similar win is unlikely, I think a good result through there is possible.

If we still have our current momentum going into the Ibrox visit I'll feel quite confident of getting something from it.

Ya think, typical happy clapper thinking. 

🤣

I think we'll get spit roasted! 

41 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ya think, typical happy clapper thinking. 

🤣

I think we'll get spit roasted! 

It's a topsy-turvy world we live in, bud. 😄

The acid test for RN.

We have only managed 5 pts out of 9 available at home which isn't a good enough return. 

We definitely need to win our next 2 home games and a win against County would be nice and prove we are progressing. 

11 hours ago, Boris said:

I don't disagree with your comments re home and away form, but top 4 regulars?  The history doesn't really bear that out, unfortunately.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Heart_of_Midlothian_F.C._seasons

Play to our potential and we should be, but stringing two successive seasons together has always been tough for us.

It sort of depends on how you view it. If you look at the period from 1995-6 (when we started reaching cup finals regularly) up until 2011-12 (when we won our third SC of recent times), we finished in the top 4 on 10 occasions out of 17. Probably enough to call us top 4 regulars, especially since we were 5th in 4 of the remaining seasons and only outside the top 6 once.

Granted, things went a bit cactus after that.

1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

It sort of depends on how you view it. If you look at the period from 1995-6 (when we started reaching cup finals regularly) up until 2011-12 (when we won our third SC of recent times), we finished in the top 4 on 10 occasions out of 17. Probably enough to call us top 4 regulars, especially since we were 5th in 4 of the remaining seasons and only outside the top 6 once.

Granted, things went a bit cactus after that.

Yeah, that's fair comment. It shows we are there or thereabouts, but what annoys me (always has tbh since regularly watching Hearts from about 84 onwards) is our general inability to string two (three is almost unheard of!) decent finishes in a row. 

I guess that was my take on regularity.

But then that's just Hearts being Hearts, I suppose!

19 hours ago, ri Alban said:

No let's.

:robboyas: 9 points, then pump Rangers at snake mountain.

Snake Mountain :rofl:

While on paper we’ve had a difficult start, in some respects it’s maybe suited us in terms of the way these teams played or tried to play against us. 

What we’re going to see in the next two is a ten men behind the ball defensive wall approach, something we’ve not dealt with well in the past. 

I’m not sure we need Harring and Beni we need some to come from deep and go beyond the forwards, we also need to see our wingers go past people and there’s probably a case for Gnando to be in there to use his height.

15 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

So you think we are better than Rangers?

Given  the amount of players who cant squeeze into the team should help us keep momentum as all want to play and impress, CD will be bursting to play ,BM too.

Pride in clean sheets, ach just me being up n down but today feeling good  tume in for next post when I am crapping myself😄😄

18 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Watched the Motherwell v Aberdeen game, they suckered the Dons, very physical side who are not afraid to put the boot in and ironically go down when any opposition players look at them

They will come to Tynecastle to frustrate and quieten the crowd, typically the type of team we struggle against over the years 

You've just reminded me that Kilmarnock are no longer in the SPL, that's got to be worth a few points. Seen some appalling displays against them at Tynie over the years.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Anyone know when the tickets for the Motherwell game will go on sale? I'm going to be in Edinburgh that weekend. First chance of a proper crowd since before the lockdowns.  There's only Ross County and Livvy tickets for sale at the moment. 

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Before Sunday was hoping for 10 points from this batch of 4, always a team that will dig in for a draw as the wee team battled for. So it has to be 9, Saturday will be the hardest County desperate for something 

Got two tickets for Livi game.

Block F Wheatfield, decent seats ?

Wife is 5' nowt, so struggles when folk stand up. But she doesn't moan,bless her.

On 14/09/2021 at 09:27, GinRummy said:

Every game feels massive at the moment. A game at a time, as the cliche goes. I really want to shut that cheeky tosser from Ross county up on Saturday. 

would LOVE it - Keegan Stylee - if we shoved it right up them for what he said. 

hoping it happens this season as it felt last season whenever we had the chance to do similar to other clubs we didn't take the opportunity.

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

hoping it happens this season as it felt last season whenever we had the chance to do similar to other clubs we didn't take the opportunity.

Totally agree 

If we could go up there on Saturday and hammer them 4-0 and RN balls take your fecking medicine at FT I would be delighted, County are an unlikeable club with that bafoon McGregor at the helm, for what it's worth though I think it will be difficult and would take any win.

2 hours ago, Owlvisiting said:

Got two tickets for Livi game.

Block F Wheatfield, decent seats ?

Wife is 5' nowt, so struggles when folk stand up. But she doesn't moan,bless her.

There's not a seat in Tynie that won't give you decent view. The stands are quite steep and (virtually) on top of the pitch,  so your wife will not miss any of the fantastic action you've now subjected yourself and her, to. Welcome! 

3 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Dundee got their just desserts at the start of the season and I honestly thought we’d just keep smashing **** out of teams. 

That wankstain McGregor is a legitimate target though. Wee Billy big baws sticking it up us when we were weak. 

11 hours ago, davie1980 said:

So you think we are better than Rangers?

Take your point but at this stage of the season I doubt if we're much poorer than Rangers.  Our bench will be stronger than it has been for decades imo and if Robbie sets us up to sensibly have a go, who knows?

I know you could say the same for Motherwell.

14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

One game at a time. Massive one this - the type of game we should always win but usually slip up

Indeed. We will slip up at some point ( hopefully not this Saturday ) it’s how we react that’s key. 

On 14/09/2021 at 00:56, SuperstarSteve said:

Ross County (A) 

Livingston (H) 

Motherwell (H)

I don’t usually have expectations but 9 points is a must from these games. Would set us nicely before rangers game. 

Motherwell looking the toughest of the three but with it being home we should be winning it. Just wondering what the thoughts/expectation are for these games?.. 

5 or 6 points and we're in the fight for 3rd but it won't be easy. 7 and we're going to be on the coattails of the arsecheeks until fairly late in the season, before finishing 3rd by a comfortable distance. 9 and Partick can start looking forward to the Premiership flag being delivered to Firhill next year! 

Less than 5 and Tynecastle will be burnt to the ground by an angry mob with pitchforks and burning torches as a small plane flies overhead!

Edited by FarmerTweedy

43 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

5 or 6 points and we're in the fight for 3rd but it won't be easy. 7 and we're going to be on the coattails of the arsecheeks until fairly late in the season, before finishing 3rd by a comfortable distance. 9 and Partick can start looking forward to the Premiership flag being delivered to Firhill next year! 

Less than 5 and Tynecastle will be burnt to the ground by an angry mob with pitchforks and burning torches as a small plane flies overhead!

😂😂