Next 3 League Games

SuperstarSteve

SuperstarSteve

Ross County (A) 

Livingston (H) 

Motherwell (H)

I don’t usually have expectations but 9 points is a must from these games. Would set us nicely before rangers game. 

Motherwell looking the toughest of the three but with it being home we should be winning it. Just wondering what the thoughts/expectation are for these games?.. 

I am extremely wary of falling into the mental trap of thinking we should win all three of these games because we have already played harder teams and we are still unbeaten. Football just doesn't work like that. If we are going to take nine points from these three games then we will have to play well and work really hard for every win.

Guest ToqueJambo

Fully expecting our good run to come to an end against one of these beatable teams - it always seems to be what happens with us. If we don't though, then definitely time to get cautiously excited about then season ahead. Although last time we could do that was 18/19, just before everyone got injured.

AlphonseCapone

Fear the Ross County game more than the other two tbh. The fact they've not won a game yet, we love to oblige these things and despite the start this year, I'm still not over my away day fears. 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

7-9 points from that would be good, we really should be aiming for 9 points though, Motherwell is the tricky one here, they are on good form at the minute.

1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

One game at a time ! Let's not get way ahead of ourselves

No let's.

:robboyas: 9 points, then pump Rangers at snake mountain.

6 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

I am extremely wary of falling into the mental trap of thinking we should win all three of these games because we have already played harder teams and we are still unbeaten. Football just doesn't work like that. If we are going to take nine points from these three games then we will have to play well and work really hard for every win.

Absolutely spot on 👍

I just want us to get back into a rhythm of regularly winning at home in this league.  Before this season, and historically, our away form has always been shit, but you could be confident that, outside the OF, we’d win the vast majority of home games. It’s that formula that had us top 4 regulars even when we were eye bleeding to watch.  

9 points would be dreamland but as someone said football doesn’t work like that.

Ross County played well at Parkhead by all accounts and have also drawn at pittodrie and narrowly lost against Rangers and Hibs.  They have had a brutal start fixture wise so anyone thinking it’ll be easy might be in for a shock. I think it will be a very hard game at a stadium that isn’t the best so fingers crossed for a win.

Livingston at home looks as though it should be a win as they look rank

Motherwell at home is definitely another one we need to win as they look in good form now and crucially we also to keep the pressure on the vermin (who play Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd in October so they will drop points).

28 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

I just want us to get back into a rhythm of regularly winning at home in this league.  Before this season, and historically, our away form has always been shit, but you could be confident that, outside the OF, we’d win the vast majority of home games. It’s that formula that had us top 4 regulars even when we were eye bleeding to watch.  

totally.  Hibs and Aberdeen in recent seasons have picked up more points I’m sure away from home for some weird reason 🤷🏻‍♂️ Hopefully we can do that as well , 2 out of 2 is a great start.

7 points is acceptable but if we win this weekend then we should be taking home 9 points.

Two draws at home against the vermin and Aberdeen is probably jus acceptable at the minute given where we have come from however we should always be taking care of the Livingston's and Motherwell's at home.

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, martoon said:

Ross 1 Hearts 2

Hearts 3 Livi 0

Hearts 2 Motherwell 2

I'd love 9 points but 7 would be far from disastrous.

Agreed. 

I'd like to win our two home games and given our start RC away seems more than winnable. 

Every game can be  tough tho, score first and early it could be relatively easy, the longer it is at 0-0, games become nervy. 

Scottish football is about the battle. 

I'm gonna go 

1-2

2-0

2-0

But wouldn't be suprised if we dropped points. 

Look at all three games individually and they're all winnable games, so take them one at a time and we could well end up with 9 points. (Glass half full post). We have to have our shooting boots on though. 

Winning at Ross county will be a big result make no mistake about that. We have done much better than expected with the start we had but I’m not getting carried away. We certainly have goals in us, but we need to be more clinical

Dangerous position to take.

Just play the next game like nothing else matters … and then count your points at the end of the season.

August Landmesser
7 hours ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Ross County (A) 

Livingston (H) 

Motherwell (H)

I don’t usually have expectations but 9 points is a must from these games. Would set us nicely before rangers game. 

Motherwell looking the toughest of the three but with it being home we should be winning it. Just wondering what the thoughts/expectation are for these games?.. 

Aberdeen have struggled against all three of these, they got four points from these games, albeit only Ross Co at the Dungheap. However, I think that says more about Aberdeen than it does about these three.

I think Hibs have nine points from these three, they won at Fir Park and beat the other two at the Tramp Nou.

I'm sure Big Bobby RobBob will have targeted nine points, ideally with three clean sheets, although that Van de Veen for 'well looks a handful.  Seven points wouldn't be a disaster, nine is ideal.

Edit: p.s. one game at a time though, three points from Dingwall is key.

Edited by August Landmesser

7 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Fear the Ross County game more than the other two tbh. The fact they've not won a game yet, we love to oblige these things and despite the start this year, I'm still not over my away day fears. 

hopefully pump them 5-0. im hoping 9 points from these games.

A_A wehatethehibs

3 tough games for us, expectations are sky high but we are still adjusting to the league and new players. These are all better sides than we have faced in the last season and Malky McKay is a racist ***** but a very experienced football manager who’s been at the elite level. It will be a tough trip to dingwall. And Livi know how to scrap for points as do Motherwell. I don’t get fans who expect us to steamroller these teams. I can’t understand the thought process of these fans. Football doesn’t work that way, expect tough hard fought games. Even Rangers had a tough game against Ross County. So 7 points from 9, absolutely bite your hand off for that if offered right now. 7 points from every 9, you’re flying. 

If we can get through this first round of fixtures unbeaten with 20-25 points that’s a really good return which will see us right in the mix going into the winter. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

We should enter all 3 as favourites and be looking for 3 points in each but expecting 9 ppints is another thing.

As others have said, always getting maximum points from fixtures you should win isn't always how it works. But 9 is achievable and certainly what we'll be aiming for.

A trip to Ross County away and Motherwell are tricky ties but I'll be raging if we manage to drop points against Livi at home

1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

I don't disagree with your comments re home and away form, but top 4 regulars?  The history doesn't really bear that out, unfortunately.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Heart_of_Midlothian_F.C._seasons

Play to our potential and we should be, but stringing two successive seasons together has always been tough for us.

Looking a bit further out, after the Huns at Ibrox which will undoubtedly be tough for a variety of reasons, we've got Dundee and St Johnstone who we should be putting away then a crucial game against Aberdeen which should give us a better idea of how we're doing.

Bazzas right boot
48 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

3 tough games for us, expectations are sky high but we are still adjusting to the league and new players. These are all better sides than we have faced in the last season and Malky McKay is a racist ***** but a very experienced football manager who’s been at the elite level. It will be a tough trip to dingwall. And Livi know how to scrap for points as do Motherwell. I don’t get fans who expect us to steamroller these teams. I can’t understand the thought process of these fans. Football doesn’t work that way, expect tough hard fought games. Even Rangers had a tough game against Ross County. So 7 points from 9, absolutely bite your hand off for that if offered right now. 7 points from every 9, you’re flying. 

If we can get through this first round of fixtures unbeaten with 20-25 points that’s a really good return which will see us right in the mix going into the winter. 

The top end of that-25 points if repeated sets us up for around 75 points for the season before the split! 

I agree with everything you've said. 

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

We should enter all 3 as favourites and be looking for 3 points in each but expecting 9 ppints is another thing.

As others have said, always getting maximum points from fixtures you should win isn't always how it works. But 9 is achievable and certainly what we'll be aiming for.

A trip to Ross County away and Motherwell are tricky ties but I'll be raging if we manage to drop points against Livi at home

Watch us, beat rc and well 3-0, draw 1-1 with Livi. 

😭😭

I would accept 7 but ultimately have to take 9. Especially after already dropping points to Aberdeen and Hibs at home, and our first game back from internationals is Rangers away.

Motherwell are the tricky one going on form. And it'll be breeding confidence with them. But so are we and the reports about the mood in our dressing room after the game on Sunday tells me we'll be up for all three. Nine points is do-able. Seven isn't a disaster. Any less will lead to meltdown here.

Utter tosh!

That was the old Hearts under Levein etc. 

This is the new BRAVE Hearts...9 points & 3 clean sheets.

Be bold, be confident. We now have the squad to damage anyone in Scotland.

Ibrox will be the title decider! I'm telling you!!!!

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Utter tosh!

That was the old Hearts under Levein etc. 

This is the new BRAVE Hearts...9 points & 3 clean sheets.

Be bold, be confident. We now have the squad to damage anyone in Scotland.

Ibrox will be the title decider! I'm telling you!!!!

🤣🤣 Love it!

However... for the RN brave-ometer - please see below - 

SAFE                                                                                                                                          BRAVE

..........I......................................................................................................................................................

us     👆

...he's not doing badly, however.

For those using a mobile device, this probably doesn't work quite as well. 😬

Edited by Rogue Daddy

portobellojambo1
10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Fully expecting our good run to come to an end against one of these beatable teams - it always seems to be what happens with us. If we don't though, then definitely time to get cautiously excited about then season ahead. Although last time we could do that was 18/19, just before everyone got injured.

10 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Understandable thoughts, as we have developed a habit in the recent past of falling down against these sort of sides. However, I do believe we can take confidence from the outcome of the two games at Tannadice and New St Mirren Park, again the sort of places where we have let ourselves down in the past. We need to be going into all games with the same level of confidence and expectation, that we can win these games if we approach them correctly. Winning games breeds confidence and these three games will be just the sort of springboard we need to then visit Ibrox, and hopefully go there with the new players a bit closer to the level of both fitness/understanding of how we are playing.. So much so that we can then go to Ibrox without shitting ourselves, but instead show we are intent on competing at the top end of the league.

Edited by portobellojambo1

scott herbertson
10 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

🤣🤣 Love it!

SAFE                                                                                                                                          BRAVE

..........I......................................................................................................................................................

us     👆

I like the braveometer - well done!

1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

I like the braveometer - well done!

Cheers 👍 I put quite a lot of hard work and thought into it. Now for a lie down and a cup of tea.

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Cheers 👍 I put quite a lot of hard work and thought into it. Now for a lie down and a cup of tea.

I do think, speaking as a self confessed dotcounter, that a numbered scale and publication as a new thread post each match, with the previous weeks’ ratings added to,  would be fun. Is he getting braver or more scaredy cat?

“Just  how brave do you feel today, Mr Neilson?”😃

5 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I do think, speaking as a self confessed dotcounter, that a numbered scale and publication as a new thread post each match, with the previous weeks’ ratings added to,  would be fun. Is he getting braver or more scaredy cat?

“Just  how brave do you feel today, Mr Neilson?”😃

🤣 Good idea... I suspect, however, it may not move all that much. +/- a couple of dots max.

2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

🤣🤣 Love it!

us     👆

Braveometer...That is good. Way better than that whelmometer nonsense on the transfer thread :lol:

I expect to see a thread on this and the graph updated on Saturday evening!

7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Braveometer...That is good. Way better than that whelmometer nonsense on the transfer thread :lol:

That’s a fantastic idea. Pressure on Rogue Daddy to produce the goods. 

If we have any kind of ambition to be challenging for Europe we need to be picking up 9 points and getting up a decent head of steam before the inevitable injuries and suspensions come along. 

We absolutely cannot be dropping points at home to Livingston or Motherwell if we want to stay near the top. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

If we have any kind of ambition to be challenging for Europe we need to be picking up 9 points and getting up a decent head of steam before the inevitable injuries and suspensions come along. 

We absolutely cannot be dropping points at home to Livingston or Motherwell if we want to stay near the top. 

Nonsense. 

We could drop points in these 3 gamed and still end up in Europe. 

Likewise, we could win all 3 and end up 6th.

35 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

😓...oh I dunno. it's far, far more complicated than the whelm-o-meter... it was only measuring whelms. Whereas this is a complex bit of machinery that actually calculate bravadonessicity all the way down to safetynessness.

....oh poop, think I've bitten off more than I can chew.

LarrysRightFoot

For the people saying they’d accept 7 points - I guarantee they’ll be on here going tonto if we draw one of these games - especially the home games. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

For the people saying they’d accept 7 points - I guarantee they’ll be on here going tonto if we draw one of these games - especially the home games. 

If the opposition even have a shot on goal I'll be going tonto. 

3 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

🤣🤣 Love it!

us     👆

Brilliant!