• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Maroon Sailor

• Pasquale for King

• Walrus

19 in total for this gem of a keeper Brian Wilson but only 9 League appearances (TF) so I'm sticking him in. Now the 2nd worse goalkeeper I've seen play for Hearts

979044972_download(16).jpeg.88c76478cb57ca71c9b38ce56394160d.jpeg

On 13/09/2021 at 22:29, Morgan said:

Willie Irvine?

I’m pretty sure he had something to do with the ownership of a pub in Rose Street?

Blythe spirit

4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Not even that long ago but I honestly couldn't tell you who that is? 

Marcel Langer

On 14/09/2021 at 10:47, GinRummy said:

Colin McAdam. 

Pretty sure he was involved in a pretty important goal for us - v Rangers, I think. Trying to find it.

4 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Possibly my crappest Hearts claim to fame is that I once stood behind Tommy Harrison in a bank queue in Tollcross.

Might be worth it's own thread actually!

His mum, Stella, ran the Belhaven Inn in Morningside. 

Tommy and his brother used to frequent the bar - Tommy (or Thomas, as his mum called him) was a decent bloke. His brother?  Not so.. 

3 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

19 in total for this gem of a keeper Brian Wilson but only 9 League appearances (TF) so I'm sticking him in. Now the 2nd worse goalkeeper I've seen play for Hearts

Was that after or before the Beach Boys. 

7 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Possibly my crappest Hearts claim to fame is that I once stood behind Tommy Harrison in a bank queue in Tollcross.

Might be worth it's own thread actually!

Played alongside Tommy at an amateur level and he stood out big time. Got the ball just inside our opponents half, beat 5 players making them look like statues, rounded the keeper before committing a huge h1b5 take when he took the ball to the goal line, knelt down and nodded the ball home.

id have halved him in two if I’d been on the other side……… but what audacity eh!!!!!!!!! 

4 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Played against Hamburg ?

Samuel Camazzola

William Prunier. I recall Jeffries signing him but can't say I saw him play. He was with Man Utd in the mid 90s but didn't feature much there. 

Brian Laing, schoolboy international, same team as Souness, went to Liverpool, signed by Hearts in 1970, scored a barrel load of goals for the reserves, made his debut and scored in the last league game in a 4-0 win at Cowdenbeath, kept his place for the next game, the 2nd leg of the Texaco Cup final v Wolves, was transferred during the close season to QOS despite featuring in the 71/72 first team team group photo

another who died young

9 hours ago, BASIL_HEARTS said:

Derek Holmes 

Surprised he made less than 10 appearances  - I thought he would a good player for Hearts. Never worked out for some reason

14 hours ago, Walrus said:

craig-sives-474384725.thumb.jpg.dd951b7b6e3fffbdb108082ff4b74d6c.jpg

Craig Sives? Had a decent chance of making it, but the shambles the club was in at the time, certainly didn't help.

12 hours ago, skacel51 said:

Paul Mulrooney. Seem to recall him playing very well at Dundee Utd away and never saw him again.

He genuinely looked like a very good prospect in that game at Tannadice. Seems to have given up on football in 2011 if Wikipedia is correct, still only 31.

4 minutes ago, jkbam said:

Arkadiusz Klimek

010289309113800-1.jpg

2 appearances, made Beniuseless look good from what I can remember.

I remember the hype over Beniuseless  the summer he came in I'm sure we had Hibs on the Monday night first game of the season. 

wheatfield to sheffield
On 15/09/2021 at 18:48, HillmanHearts said:

Another mid eighties ex Ranger : Billy Mackay.

On the bench in the 1986 cup final.

Cannae mind if he got on ?

I remember him in a tremendous but very sad photo - Robbo and Sandy Clark both crouched down distraught after the final whistle, and Billy McKay is standing with his hands on their shoulders consoling them. He had such a sad but kind look in his eyes.

I've never been able to find that picture again, maybe someone else on here remembers it

Carl Fredrickson
23 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

William Prunier. I recall Jeffries signing him but can't say I saw him play. He was with Man Utd in the mid 90s but didn't feature much there. 

Did we sign him? I mind taking a half day to see him as a trialist in a reserve derby and he was honking. @Shaggy2 do you mind that waste of a "halfie"

Samuel Camazzola
Just now, Carl Fredrickson said:

Did we sign him? I mind taking a half day to see him as a trialist in a reserve derby and he was honking. @Shaggy2 do you mind that waste of a "halfie"

I thought we did but did but don't think I saw him play any of the home fixtures that season. 

11 hours ago, Martin_T said:

He genuinely looked like a very good prospect in that game at Tannadice. Seems to have given up on football in 2011 if Wikipedia is correct, still only 31.

I thought we had a player on our hands that day too. A nice balance between technical ability and physical presence. A shame it never worked out for him.

10 hours ago, Boozyuzi said:

Paul Smith...  Smudger good lad from Currie.  1995/96

Now assistant manager at Raith Rovers 

The game I remember Paul for is the 2-5 at home to Partick Thistle, where he was played out of position at right back and was badly exposed.

HamishMcGonagall
On 15/09/2021 at 13:05, Walrus said:

Trialiast appearance 

_49244871_toto466.jpg.2d073fbb1b05b643d696dfb08046ab67.jpg

Is that Jonathan Toto?? Sure there was a thread on here with folk desperate for us to sign him.

Dylan Bikey was one that sprung to mind for me. Bet Hibs to sign him apparently.... hopeless.

On 13/09/2021 at 21:17, Furious Styles said:

14F3A91A-9F61-48A1-B054-22BE35A3D8FF.jpeg

Quite possibly the biggest disappointment\anti-climax ever to pull on a Hearts jersey

On 15/09/2021 at 15:37, Maroon Sailor said:

I speak to his son alot, as his son is a train conductor with Scotrail. Tells a good story regarding Kenny Dalglish in a league Cup game.