• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Maroon Sailor

• Pasquale for King

• Walrus

Guest ToqueJambo
12 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Langer was a bad one. It was very obvious, very quickly that he was hopeless. It’s an awful move for Irving. If that’s the best his agent can do then Andy should get a new agent. He’ll be back over here within a year or two. 

I honestly think Irving would be a good option for us right now alongside Beni - one ball winner who keeps possession, and one who can pick out a pass from deep. Haring is the one trying to pick out passes just now but I still feel Irving could have grown into that role at Hearts. Bizarre move for him. I doubt he's playing alongside anyone of the quality of Beni, Woodburn, Gordon, Souttar and Haring right now.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I honestly think Irving would be a good option for us right now alongside Beni - one ball winner who keeps possession, and one who can pick out a pass from deep. Haring is the one truing to pick out passes just now but I still feel Irving could have gown into that role at Hearts. Bizarre move for him. I doubt he's playing alongside anyone of the quality of Beni, Woodburn, Gordon, Souttar and Haring right now.

I liked him. I’d definitely have preferred it if he stayed but there was a lot of hype and speculation then he went totally of the boil just in time for the worst two games in decades. He made his bed so he can lie in it. Left quite a sour taste tbh. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I liked him. I’d definitely have preferred it if he stayed but there was a lot of hype and speculation then he went totally of the boil just in time for the worst two games in decades. He made his bed so he can lie in it. Left quite a sour taste tbh. 

Can only assume it was for lifestyle and adventure reasons, maybe with some more money, rather than football reasons. Which is totally fair enough. I'd have loved that chance at his age. 

Said at the time though the ironic thing is it'll still be his time at Hearts that will earn him his next move when it comes rather than anything he does at such a low level over there.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Derek Lilley

Remember him scoring in some miserable home defeat...maybe to Dundee?

Is that the Leeds guy we got as a January loan deal? .. I only say that because I remember his debut was midweek, dreicht and under floodlights. He did score but the team we were playing and the full time score evades me.   

44 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Can only assume it was for lifestyle and adventure reasons, maybe with some more money, rather than football reasons. Which is totally fair enough. I'd have loved that chance at his age. 

Said at the time though the ironic thing is it'll still be his time at Hearts that will earn him his next move when it comes rather than anything he does at such a low level over there.

Good point. He’s totally out of the spotlight where he is now. 

10 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

Is that the Leeds guy we got as a January loan deal? .. I only say that because I remember his debut was midweek, dreicht and under floodlights. He did score but the team we were playing and the full time score evades me.   

Yeah. He joined Leeds from Morton. Ended up at Dundee Utd and Livi. I think he scored when Livi beat Hibs in the LC final 😁

As already mentioned, Husref Musemic.

4 goals in 9, iirc, and a winner in the rain v. Hibs.

I was in the beach end at Pittodrie very early on the afternoon we won 3-1 up there in October 89. At one point "Moose" appeared at that corner tunnel, attempted to get back in but was held back by a member of the backroom staff.

Occasionally wondered who he was trying to get at but he didn't even appear on the bench that day and I don't think he made another appearance for Hearts.

Hoping Robbo will reveal all in his bio.

Crabbo and Tosh's goal were superb and so was, as promised by Doddie beforehand, Fozzy. 

3 hours ago, WalterEgo said:

The ex-Barcelona guy that came to us via Stoke. I honestly can't remember his name. (Also one for the other thread, I guess.)

choulay, he had 12 appearances for us

10 minutes ago, BIG ECK said:

Benni for £5 million?

or more?

Hard to say. He’s certainly going to be worth that but non old firm players often get big price tags with few leaving for big bucks. 

10 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Remember Ludek Straceny I think his only game was the 3.2 away win at Livi when Rix was in charge. 

No he came on and got subbed off again against Dundee United or Aberdeen I can’t remember which. What a dreadful game that was!

Did Prychynenko make more than 10? Seem to remember him putting a free kick into my orbit but I can’t remember where. I don’t think it was at Tynecastle.. 

21 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Did Prychynenko make more than 10? Seem to remember him putting a free kick into my orbit but I can’t remember where. I don’t think it was at Tynecastle.. 

7 or 8 he got. the free kick wasnt that at hampden v celtic?

Edited by milky_26

On 13/09/2021 at 21:16, GinRummy said:

Andy Tod was mentioned on the ‘players you’ve forgotten about thread’. Scored in a 3-2 win against the sheep. Played 3 games in total according to wiki. 

Edit. Meant as reply to maroon sailor. 

On 13/09/2021 at 21:54, Saint Jambo said:

Ashley Smith-Brown.

Must be one if the least succesful Premiership loans. Played 3 times: defeat to Elgin in LC, and defeat to Hamilton and draw with Partick in league. All away, never graced the Tynecastle pitch in a competitive game. Was on the bench for the LC penalty fiasco against Dunfermline and a home draw with Aberdeen. Otherwise injured for the rest of his loan. Never even in the squad for a win.

Not sure if this game is interesting or depressing.

We won 2-1 at Hamilton - Callachan debut 👍

3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

7 or 8 he got. the free kick wasnt that at hampden v celtic?

That was it. Before or after the pen? I remember saying at the time that he was meant to be good at taking set pieces for the youth team :lol: 

On 13/09/2021 at 22:37, millerjames398 said:

I thought we had a proper player on our hands, after he ripped the mighty huntly to shreds in the Scottish cup..i was very wrong😂🇱🇻 

6 minutes ago, King prawn said:

That was it. Before or after the pen? I remember saying at the time that he was meant to be good at taking set pieces for the youth team :lol: 

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Mike Tullberg 

Forgettable. To say the least.

His playing career is a bit odd too he just faded away after leaving us but is now coaching Dortmund youth.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Forgettable. To say the least.

His playing career is a bit odd too he just faded away after leaving us but is now coaching Dortmund youth.

Yeah I looked at that when found out how many games he played, strange one. 

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, Skippy Doodle said:

Brilliant. Dung showing his lack of knowledge talking about how Robbo scored through the GKs legs, he did this often and Ronaldo has done it twice in the last few days. 

On 13/09/2021 at 23:23, Maroon Sailor said:

Tommy Harrison

Tommy_Harrison.jpg.bcd2611646fae0f771b376ea585f5c87.jpg

Possibly my crappest Hearts claim to fame is that I once stood behind Tommy Harrison in a bank queue in Tollcross.

Might be worth it's own thread actually!

24 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Possibly my crappest Hearts claim to fame is that I once stood behind Tommy Harrison in a bank queue in Tollcross.

I stood behind Walter Kidd in a chippy after watching him play that day.

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Hahahahaha 

Robbie Horn came to evaluate my flat, he’s another under 10 games man. 

Edited by Pasquale for King