• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Maroon Sailor

• Pasquale for King

• Walrus

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Good to know. Always interested me that story. 

Aye, it was a funny one, GR.

I sort of palled about with his big brother, Stuart, and got to know the wee lad quite well.

He really wanted to play for Hearts but unfortunately rugby was his ‘forte’. 

Edited by Morgan

millerjames398
38 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aidy Boothroyd. 

I thought we had a proper player on our hands, after he ripped the mighty huntly to shreds in the Scottish cup..i was very wrong😂🇱🇻 

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

Ashley Smith-Brown.

Must be one if the least succesful Premiership loans. Played 3 times: defeat to Elgin in LC, and defeat to Hamilton and draw with Partick in league. All away, never graced the Tynecastle pitch in a competitive game. Was on the bench for the LC penalty fiasco against Dunfermline and a home draw with Aberdeen. Otherwise injured for the rest of his loan. Never even in the squad for a win.

Not sure if this game is interesting or depressing.

We won that game up in Elgin. 1-0, Lafferty. Peterhead beat us the week after.

Remember being quite excited about the Smith-Brown signing as on paper he sounded exactly what we needed. Huge let down.

13 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

We won that game up in Elgin. 1-0, Lafferty. Peterhead beat us the week after.

Remember being quite excited about the Smith-Brown signing as on paper he sounded exactly what we needed. Huge let down.

Thanks. I was reading Transfermarkt all wrong. Turns out we beat Hamilton too. A great record of played 3, won 2, drew 1. Ashley Smith-Brown all is forgiven. Only 25 years old. Could do a job? 😉

51 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Really.

I liked him as a player.

Didn't realise he played so few games

It was said that Romanov didn’t rate Camazzola. No surprise he was out after George Burley was sacked.

There will be quite a few players who passed through having played less than 10 games through the Romanov years.

Ian Smith from the team that started the first season under Willie Ormond?

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

That Avidijaj boy was just a pure caper. Barely played a game since. Langer would be lower league/highland league standard.  

Langer was a player I thought of when Irving made his move to Germany to such a low level. Langer had played all his football at the level just below the level Irving moved to and it showed. Seems to be out of football altogether now at 24. One of the very worst signings of the last few years along with Avidija.

Pinigol must have been mentioned?

Edited by ToqueJambo

6 hours ago, Morgan said:

Willie Irvine?

I’m pretty sure he had something to do with the ownership of a pub in Rose Street?

That's him. Owned Misfits and The Blithe Spirit in Rose Street in the 80s

5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Langer was a player I thought of when Irving made his move to Germany to such a low level. Langer had played all his football at the level just below the level Irving moved to and it showed. Seems to be out of football altogether now at 24. One of the very worst signings of the last few years along with Avidija.

Pinigol must have been mentioned?

Langer was a bad one. It was very obvious, very quickly that he was hopeless. It’s an awful move for Irving. If that’s the best his agent can do then Andy should get a new agent. He’ll be back over here within a year or two. 

14 minutes ago, Cwapsy said:

Marius Kižys

Seemed to recall he bossed the game at Celtic park in early 2005(??) and we won.

7 minutes ago, ...andFulton'sBaggio said:

Was gonna say Mark Burchill, but I just checked. 12 apps, 4 goals

Same with David Murie. 12 games as well which surprised me. 

6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Eduardas Kurskis…….I doubt we’ve had a worse GK in our entire history.

4 starts….4 too many.

I give you that and raise you Pereira.  More than 10 starts very sadly.

:jj_facepalm:

Just now, frankblack said:

I give you that and raise you Pereira.  More than 10 starts very sadly.

:jj_facepalm:

Whilst I’m absolutely getting you here…. JP made the odd save…..Kurskis was Sunday Maybury League level….at a generous push.

3 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Remember Ludek Straceny I think his only game was the 3.2 away win at Livi when Rix was in charge. 

It’s in my mind that he played for us one night at Tannadice?

Of course, I may be completely wrong!  😄

2 minutes ago, Morgan said:

It’s in my mind that he played for us one night at Tannadice?

Of course, I may be completely wrong!  😄

No I think you may be right I have had a look he never played the Livi 3.2 it was Petras i'm thinking about 

The Old Tolbooth
17 hours ago, adambraejambo said:

Husref Musimec. Maybe spelt it wrong. 

That's who I was going to say too, a derby winner but there was a story about him being the wrong player we signed or something, hopefully someone can fill me in on the missing details. 

Here he is back then 

Husref Musemic - Hearts Career - from 02 Aug 1989 to 04 Oct 1989

And a bit more recently 

image.jpeg.ab848a710c99835c3fcc86612e0ac4b2.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

No I think you may be right I have had a look he never played the Livi 3.2 it was Petras i'm thinking about 

Thanks.

It was a funny team that night, that’s why I recall him playing.

I think it was just after the Riccarton 3 fiasco?

5 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

That's who I was going to say too, a derby winner but there was a story about him being the wrong player we signed or something, hopefully someone can fill me in on the missing details. 

Here he is back then 

Husref Musemic - Hearts Career - from 02 Aug 1989 to 04 Oct 1989

And a bit more recently 

image.jpeg.ab848a710c99835c3fcc86612e0ac4b2.jpeg

Yeah I remember rumours that we signed the wrong guy . Think he cost us 300G. No idea if we signed the right guy but looking at modern ITK posters * who never get it right I guess people talked rubbish back then also.

*not directed at anyone purely tongue in cheek. 

18 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Liam Fox. 

Does that count as he was at Hearts for years progressing through the academy.  He was on the bench plenty of times as well.

6 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

Does that count as he was at Hearts for years progressing through the academy.  He was on the bench plenty of times as well.

He had less than ten appearances and was a hearts player. Ten appearances less than ten maybe disqualifies it though. 

Was going to mention a few already posted here so no point. I'll add Steve Penney and (possibly) John Sharples from Joe Jordan's managerial days. Penney came (i think from Brighton) to replace Colquhoun when he went down south. Not sure how many Peter Van de Ven played at that time, probably more actually seeing as he was brought in to replace McPherson.

More recently...Kastaneer. Levein's second spell must've had a few. Danny Amankwaa maybe? How about Adao as well? Choulay during Cathro's time seems to spring to mind. Probably a few more over the last few years.