Michael Gove

Ray Gin

Not to be outdone by Janey Godley, Michael Gove is the latest public figure in the spotlight:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/19577906.recordings-reveal-string-apparent-sexist-racist-slurs-young-michael-gove/

"MICHAEL Gove made racist and sexist remarks and joked about paedophilia, new recordings appear to show."

"In one speech, the minister described Prince Charles as a “dull, wet, drippy adulterer” while in another he called people whose countries had been colonies by Britain “fuzzy wuzzies”.

He accused former Tory minister Leon Brittan of being a paedophile, and made sexual innuendos about Conservative minister Lucy Frazer."

"The Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster described Margaret Thatcher’s policies as a “new empire” where “the happy south stamps over the cruel, dirty, toothless face of the northerner” and said gay people “thrive primarily upon short-term relations”.

Edited by Ray Gin

23 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

Oh goody! Now that Gove’s a racist it’s ok for Godley to be one!

One's a government minister, one's a comedian. You surely can't he daft enough to compare the two can you? Not that it matters as being racist seems to be a job requirement for tory ministers so no doubt his fellow racist BJ will be delighted

2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

So the super injunction isn't about his previous comments made?

Is a 'super injunction' better than a mundane, run-of-the-mill injunction?

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Not to be outdone by Janey Godley, Michael Gove is the latest public figure in the spotlight:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/19577906.recordings-reveal-string-apparent-sexist-racist-slurs-young-michael-gove/

"MICHAEL Gove made racist and sexist remarks and joked about paedophilia, new recordings appear to show."

"In one speech, the minister described Prince Charles as a “dull, wet, drippy adulterer” while in another he called people whose countries had been colonies by Britain “fuzzy wuzzies”.

He accused former Tory minister Leon Brittan of being a paedophile, and made sexual innuendos about Conservative minister Lucy Frazer."

"The Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster described Margaret Thatcher’s policies as a “new empire” where “the happy south stamps over the cruel, dirty, toothless face of the northerner” and said gay people “thrive primarily upon short-term relations”.

I’ve heard worse said about “ the gays” to be fair 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I’ve heard worse said about “ the gays” to be fair 

One of the funniest things I ever heard was from a gay man. We were having drinks in a bar and one of our group spilled drinks all over the table and some of it landed on my wife's lap. The barman came over and said to her " bet that's the first time you've been moist in a gay bar!" I thought it was a brilliant comment and told him 🤣

7 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

One of the funniest things I ever heard was from a gay man. We were having drinks in a bar and one of our group spilled drinks all over the table and some of it landed on my wife's lap. The barman came over and said to her " bet that's the first time you've been moist in a gay bar!" I thought it was a brilliant comment and told him 🤣

😂😂

53 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

:lol: 

SpruceBringsteen
6 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

"In one speech, the minister described Prince Charles as a “dull, wet, drippy adulterer”

He accused former Tory minister Leon Brittan of being a paedophile"

Let's hear him out lads

:levein_interesting:

People have too much time on their hands, searching people's history. As for Gove, a total weirdo and the other Tory guy must be like, Really. 

Nothing will happen, as no one cares. 

20 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Just another on the list of creepy, dangerous Scotsmen, who move to to England. 

Surely that’s a good thing no/naw? 

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Surely that’s a good thing no/naw? 

Not for the people of England. At least we can keep an eye on them up here, being a smaller community.

::troll:: Semi seriously.

20 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Where does this leave Clive Dunn? 

Exactly in the same spot as yesterday. They can't be touched after Brexit. No one cares, and  with Keir Starmer being  useless and the SNP , too small at WM. It's open season all year round. The libdems are pointless.

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

"The cruel, dirty, toothless face of the northerner.”

:rofl:

I'm starting to warm to Gove, tbh.

Brilliant eh  :rofl:

Like I said, a better comic than the fat weegie mess

Konrad von Carstein
17 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I don’t doubt  you’d high 5 him over Patels back

Must have some length of arms,  her arse is that big it has its own gravitational pull on the moon...

Governor Tarkin
44 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I don’t doubt  you’d high 5 him over Patels back

pinilla.png.82862ca9600fac81895763f551e3baa4.png

26 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Must have some length

:greggy:

11 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Is a 'super injunction' better than a mundane, run-of-the-mill injunction?

It's like a normal injunction (preventing publication of a news story - presumably one that's verifiable, otherwise the libel laws would apply) but it comes attached with an injunction that prevents anyone from revealing that the first injunction exists. As far as I can work out, though, people often get wind of there being a superinjunction and word of that can spread, albeit not through the mainstream media.

On the story, I have to say I'm surprised to learn that Michael Gove was as odious in his twenties as he is now. :sarcasm:

He reminds me (always has) of a Young Conservative when I was at Uni who frequently spoke in student debates about the "values" of Conservatism (this was in Thatcher's time) with overt racist, mysoginistic and homophobic lines. That young conservative was hiding the fact that he is gay - many knew it as, after a few drinks, he'd come on to other chaps. He may still be hiding it or, now that he's in his 50s (if still alive), he may becoming true to himself and leaving his 'beard' wife and setting up home in a same sex relationship with someone much younger than he is. I never kept track.

I wonder who's behind the leak?

* Carrie Symonds? Johnson's poll lead is finally slipping and Gove has always been a threat to his leadership (though Sunak's still more likely).

* Sarah Vine ("Mrs Gove") whose Mail articles over the year have shown her to be a heartless whatnot and ever so likely to go bunny boiler when scorned by her man?

* Gove himself thinking that if Johnson can get away with "picaninnies", "tank-topped bum boys"; "hook-nosed Arabs"; "letterboxes" and so much more while getting stupidly high ratings, why shouldn't he have a similar go?

I suspect that the conservative party heid yins have a little portfolio on each MP and prospective MP and use it to keep a tight leash. The trouble is that these revelations show Gove to be no worse than the party leader so why should he feel the need to walk?

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

"The cruel, dirty, toothless face of the northerner.”

:rofl:

I'm starting to warm to Gove, tbh.

Are you feeling moist as well?

😉

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

Салатные палочки

He's right about Charlie and Brittan though. 

Edited by Salad Fingers

During one speech in 1987, Mr Gove said: ‘It may be moral to keep an empire because the fuzzy-wuzzies can’t look after themselves.’

He added that Eton College, where the Prime Minister was educated, took the ‘cream of the colonial system’ and turned ‘fettered foreigners’ into ‘gentlemen’.

:vrface: 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

He added that Eton College, where the Prime Minister was educated, took the ‘cream of the colonial system’ and turned ‘fettered foreigners’ into ‘gentlemen’.

His greatest crime was omitting Sandhurst from the list.

😠

Edited by Governor Tarkin

3 hours ago, jambo89 said:

This feels more like an admission of his own homosexuality than anything else. 

100%. 

I would not be surprised in the slightest. 

17 minutes ago, indianajones said:

100%. 

I would not be surprised in the slightest. 

Are you sure? I've seen him on the news while he has been running and he has a very macho style...

Something of the William Hague about him. 

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Gove and Hague on a night out... 15 pints and then some dancing.

Hague could teach him judo.  That's what they'd say it was.

22 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

It's like a normal injunction (preventing publication of a news story - presumably one that's verifiable, otherwise the libel laws would apply) but it comes attached with an injunction that prevents anyone from revealing that the first injunction exists. As far as I can work out, though, people often get wind of there being a superinjunction and word of that can spread, albeit not through the mainstream media.

On the story, I have to say I'm surprised to learn that Michael Gove was as odious in his twenties as he is now. :sarcasm:

He reminds me (always has) of a Young Conservative when I was at Uni who frequently spoke in student debates about the "values" of Conservatism (this was in Thatcher's time) with overt racist, mysoginistic and homophobic lines. That young conservative was hiding the fact that he is gay - many knew it as, after a few drinks, he'd come on to other chaps. He may still be hiding it or, now that he's in his 50s (if still alive), he may becoming true to himself and leaving his 'beard' wife and setting up home in a same sex relationship with someone much younger than he is. I never kept track.

I wonder who's behind the leak?

* Carrie Symonds? Johnson's poll lead is finally slipping and Gove has always been a threat to his leadership (though Sunak's still more likely).

* Sarah Vine ("Mrs Gove") whose Mail articles over the year have shown her to be a heartless whatnot and ever so likely to go bunny boiler when scorned by her man?

* Gove himself thinking that if Johnson can get away with "picaninnies", "tank-topped bum boys"; "hook-nosed Arabs"; "letterboxes" and so much more while getting stupidly high ratings, why shouldn't he have a similar go?

I suspect that the conservative party heid yins have a little portfolio on each MP and prospective MP and use it to keep a tight leash. The trouble is that these revelations show Gove to be no worse than the party leader so why should he feel the need to walk?

Often those still in the closet in later life often turn to booze to deal with their repression . Tragic really . Tories ones seem to be the worse for some reason . 

10 hours ago, jonesy said:

Gove and Hague on a night out... 15 pints and then some dancing.

Oh no please we can’t have them with the gays please . They don’t fit the modern gay demograph . They Cannig be gays . 😎

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Think they fall under Q, in the old-fashioned sense of the word.

Yes public school educated types who usually became spies or we’re caught cottaging 🥸or both