The Fear of Losing

Italian Lambretta

My concern is it was a goalless draw at home and RN's best 11 while they had a couple of starters out so they will defo be happier with the result. I am quite disappointed but a point is okay. 

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Bazzas right boot

6 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Excellent performance by the team today, to suggest they played like a team scared is pretty ridiculous to anybody watching. If anything both our centre halfs striding forward gave me the chills. 

Only disappointment is not getting all 3 points, because we deserved them.

Exactly mate 

HeartsandonlyHearts
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Performance was strong ffs, they had better chances right through the game. 
Taking Woodburn off weakened us. 
Who gives a **** what Neilsons negative buddy at ER does? 
Happy with a draw 🙈

Bull$#!t!! #obos did not have better chances than us. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

My concern is it was a goalless draw at home and RN's best 11 while they had a couple of starters out so they will defo be happier with the result. I am quite disappointed but a point is okay. 

If we make changes next week does that mean today’s 11 was not our best 11?

WTF were folk watching today?

Yes, I suppose you can call Beni and Haring "defensive mids" but both repeatedly carried the ball nearly to the other team's box and were involved in attacking movements. Every one of our CHs gets forward in attack at some point during the game,.

It's like folk look at the squad sheet and then neglect to watch the actual game.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

I'm no happy with a draw, i said at the time the Woodburn sub would level the game. They never had better chances, they hit us on the break as a counter attacking team usually does when being dominated and failed to score. A few tweaks here and there and we'll be fine, they on the other hand got bullied in every position and have problems. Unless of course you're a shite bag and fail to see what portrayed over the 90. 

Don’t call me a shite bag ok? 
The manager was happy with a draw and enjoyed the game. No Hearts manager or fan should ever be happy with a draw against them at Tynecastle. 
Anyone who thinks we dominated that game and bullied that shite team was watching a different game to me and most others, including the shite bag negative manager who thinks we have the wingbacks capable of playing 532. 

0338C776-DB37-4D45-9A6E-507FE5C04971.jpeg

1 minute ago, Ugly American said:

WTF were folk watching today?

Yes, I suppose you can call Beni and Haring "defensive mids" but both repeatedly carried the ball nearly to the other team's box and were involved in attacking movements. Every one of our CHs gets forward in attack at some point during the game,.

It's like folk look at the squad sheet and then neglect to watch the actual game.

See Beni and Haring will be lucky to score all season, folk slag Halliday but he knows where the goals are.

HeartsandonlyHearts

#obos always show up on these type threads if the don’t lose. Pretending to support another team on a club message board like some spy movie double agent. 
Grow up.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

The manager was happy with a draw and enjoyed the game. No Hearts manager or fan should ever be happy with a draw against them at Tynecastle. 
Anyone who thinks we dominated that game and bullied that shite team was watching a different game to me and most others, including the shite bag negative manager who thinks we have the wingbacks capable of playing 532. 

In fairness the stats are those of a team who've had the majority of the game, so I'm not sure why you think they're proving your point

I don’t get how those stats back your opinion mate? 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Bull$#!t!! #obos did not have better chances than us. 

What chances did we have? One GMS shot? Any others? We had four shots on target.
Nisbet missed a sitter and Magennis and Boyle both had decent chances. Gordon was MoM ffs. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

We were the better team and I don't think today was too bad. I do think the moment when Hanlon almost score and own goal was indicative of us though. Time running out in a 0-0 with our city rivals and when the ball went into the box, nobody was in there (from memory) apart from Boyce and even he made no effort to get across his man. The players should have been bursting a but to get in there because it should be stressed to them the importance of beating Hibs.

No point debating with someone that can't even see the formation played out infront of them 🤣🤣🤣

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Anyone who thinks we dominated that game and bullied that shite team was watching a different game to me and MOST OTHERS, including the shite bag negative manager who thinks we have the wingbacks capable of playing 532. 

How many Hearts fans did you speak to after the game to get your fan base information?

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The manager was not happy with a draw, he said explicitly after the game that he was happy that the players were angry at a draw.

He said he enjoyed the game, which is sensible since he seems to like the game of football and this was a well-played and enjoyable game of football, despite the disappointing result, and featured long stretches where Hearts were dominant and Hibs created very little. I also enjoyed it for those reasons.

39 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

I am intrigued to see what changes are made in the coming weeks regarding the midfield (if any). I think Devlin may well be in contention to compliment Beni, but at the same time, I like the look of Pete and Beni when they play like today.

Yeah - agreed re: someone like Patterson or Ramsay at RWB. We need pace and attacking intent in the WB positions, while at the same time, an ability to defend when necessary. Not easy to find someone of that ilk. Maybe Logan could - although I don’t know enough about him to say either way. Plus, I appreciate he’s a young player and won’t just become a regular starter. Unless he’s that good. 

Yeah Pete played well but possibly he's not creative enough against other teams when we are more on the front foot.

Same on Logan so hopefully as you say, he has enough ability to really challenge for a starting spot. Smith definitely needs proper backup at least 

To those that complain about the formation could you maybe suggest YOUR alternative.

(We need another attacking mid doesnt cut the mustard)

Should also point out that in his only full season pre injury/covid Haring had more goals/assists than anyone bar Naismith.

That list includes the likes of Ichpeazu, Olly Lee, and Sean Clare.

I witnessed Beni and Haring in advanced roles trying to pick a pass whilst doing stellar work defensively.

If we had won 1 **** nil this thread wouldnt exist

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Our manager was not happy with a draw.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

In fairness the stats are those of a team who've had the majority of the game, so I'm not sure why you think they're proving your point

Are they stats of those that DOMINATED a game? One that had more chances than the opposition? Who’s GK was named man of the match? Were you happy with the draw? Did you enjoy it like the absolute joke of a manager?

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

No point debating with someone that can't even see the formation played out infront of them 🤣🤣🤣

Lost the argument then, anyone with eyes could see it’s five at the back. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Our manager was not happy with a draw.

He said he quite enjoyed it, a LITTLE disappointed we didn’t beat Hibs at home. Did you enjoy it? Are you a little disappointed?

11 minutes ago, 160598 said:

To those that complain about the formation could you maybe suggest YOUR alternative.

(We need another attacking mid doesnt cut the mustard)

Should also point out that in his only full season pre injury/covid Haring had more goals/assists than anyone bar Naismith.

That list includes the likes of Ichpeazu, Olly Lee, and Sean Clare.

I witnessed Beni and Haring in advanced roles trying to pick a pass whilst doing stellar work defensively.

If we had won 1 **** nil this thread wouldnt exist

The thread might not have existed but I’ve been saying the same thing for weeks. Look at the quality of player we have in attack then consider we have scored one goal from open play in three games. Do you think that could be improved on.

We could try a back 4 and return to the hated 4-2-3-1 of last season. We could lose a winger and play 3-5-2 like we did at the end of last season. It’s not exactly hard to come up with alternatives but I’m well aware spraffing on the internet doesn’t make it a good suggestion. If we want the best out of our attacking players then something needs to change. 

Edited by GinRummy

He said he quite enjoyed it, a LITTLE disappointed we didn’t beat Hibs at home. Did you enjoy it? Are you a little disappointed?

I did enjoy the game and I was disappointed. That does not equate to being happy with a draw.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

The manager was not happy with a draw, he said explicitly after the game that he was happy that the players were angry at a draw.

He said he enjoyed the game, which is sensible since he seems to like the game of football and this was a well-played and enjoyable game of football, despite the disappointing result, and featured long stretches where Hearts were dominant and Hibs created very little. I also enjoyed it for those reasons.

Well maybe supporting Hearts isn’t the best thing if you enjoyed a no scoring draw and home to these *****, they seemed to enjoy it also. 
Glad the players show some angst at not winning. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Do you not like the game of football? Do you hate it when teams make incisive passes, generate a lot of movement in the middle of the park, and create quality chances that quality defenders stop?

If you hate that kind of thing I can see why you didn't enjoy it. Yes, we should have won it, and we created more and better chances, saw more of the ball, did more with it, and generally made Hibs sit in to stop us.

I enjoyed that Hearts played better than Hibs today. I am disappointed we didn't get a win.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

I did enjoy the game and I was disappointed. That does not equate to being happy with a draw.

How anyone can enjoy a no scoring draw against Hibs at home where we have four shots on target is happy clapping at its best. No good enough, unacceptable. 

4 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

I agree with this. On another day we would have buried them. 

And them us

We are as good as them now, with our new players yet to settle

We’re going to get better, hopefully

They’re not

Need pace on the break. Hopefully Devlin brings it. Could still do with another striker

How anyone can enjoy a no scoring draw against Hibs at home where we have four shots on target is happy clapping at its best. No good enough, unacceptable. 

More possession. More shots. Most of the game spent in their half. It wasn't a dull game. Yes, I enjoyed it despite the disappointment of not winning. Same with the Aberdeen game. Maybe because I don't have anger issues, who knows?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Ugly American said:

Do you not like the game of football? Do you hate it when teams make incisive passes, generate a lot of movement in the middle of the park, and create quality chances that quality defenders stop?

If you hate that kind of thing I can see why you didn't enjoy it. Yes, we should have won it, and we created more and better chances, saw more of the ball, did more with it, and generally made Hibs sit in to stop us.

I enjoyed that Hearts played better than Hibs today. I am disappointed we didn't get a win.

You actually think that we played incisive passes, generated lots of movement and quality defending stopped us 😆
Hibs didn’t sit in at the start where we couldn’t get up the pitch, the only team with 11 players in their own half was us. 
Hibs are a bang average team with a poor defence and midfield, a quick guy up front with little quality and we looked scared of them for 90 minutes. 
Im not sure how long you’ve followed us but for our manager to enjoy that is unacceptable.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

More possession. More shots. Most of the game spent in their half. It wasn't a dull game. Yes, I enjoyed it despite the disappointment of not winning. Same with the Aberdeen game. Maybe because I don't have anger issues, who knows?

Save your amateur psychology, I was standing beside a qualified Psychologist today who knows about that and played football

for Hearts who was less than impressed with what was served up. 

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

How many Hearts fans did you speak to after the game to get your fan base information?

About 30 in the Diggers? You?

Save your amateur psychology, I was standing beside a qualified Psychologist today who knows about that and played football

partridge-i-dont-know.gif

Just now, Ray Gin said:

Well said Ray. Without sounding wanky it was end to end and one of the best derbies I’ve watched in a long time. Was there a fear of losing? **** yes but that might change if the knives weren’t out constantly for Neilson. We were the better team today and anyone disagreeing is lying to themselves. 

I suspect most just agree with you, for obvious reasons. 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You actually think that we played incisive passes, generated lots of movement and quality defending stopped us 😆
Hibs didn’t sit in at the start where we couldn’t get up the pitch, the only team with 11 players in their own half was us. 
Hibs are a bang average team with a poor defence and midfield, a quick guy up front with little quality and we looked scared of them for 90 minutes. 
Im not sure how long you’ve followed us but for our manager to enjoy that is unacceptable.

Your basing this on the first ten minutes of the game. 

The majority of the game I would say we had them pegged back and they hit us on the break. 

I thought we were alright, TBH. We lacked a bit in the final third, and they caught us on the counter a few times, but you can watch football anywhere in the world just now and you'll see it's not always easy for bigger clubs to break down the wee teams. 

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

How much does he charge by the hour, I'll chip in and get you the help you deserve.

It took us 20 minutes to get settled in then we pinned them back. They found a little joy on the counter because we were pressed forward. Porteous is a sleekit shitebag who played the ref like a fiddle but he also owned the air in his box. GMS would have had at least 1 if the keeper weren't on his best game today.

I've followed Hearts since roughly 2008, got my first trip to Tynie right at about 9 years ago. And yes, I gather that for some how we do against Hibs is more important than the rest of the season, and fair play to them. Not having ever lived in Edinburgh I don't have Hibs coworkers talking shite to me so maybe that's it. Of course I want to win a derby but Laurie and Jimmy were also going on about how open and engaging the game was.

FFS I know folk are stirred up from derby day but this is silly.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Stone1992 said:

Your basing this on the first ten minutes of the game. 

The majority of the game I would say we had them pegged back and they hit us on the break. 

15 to 20 minutes where the manager once again showed he’s incapable of getting a team up for it in a derby. 
They weren’t pegged back at any point in the game, we had possession at the back but did very little with it. The managers predictable subs actually changed the game for the worse, as he did against Aberdeen where both teams had their best chances late on. 

HeartsandonlyHearts

I didn’t claim to be the spokesperson for MOST others. I don’t even think 30 counts as most others. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

How much does he charge by the hour, I'll chip in and get you the help you deserve.

What makes you think it was a man, bit sexist but not unexpected. 

2 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

Of course I want to win a derby but Laurie and Jimmy were also going on about how open and engaging the game was.

Ah, but were they standing next to a psychiatrist to put them right?

Pasquale for King
Just now, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I didn’t claim to be the spokesperson for MOST others. I don’t even think 30 counts as most others. 

Have you read the match thread? You think today was enjoyable?

I get where the OP is coming from.

Baningime needs an attack minded midfielder beside him, not Haring.

I actually don’t mind Cochrane in the WB role. IMO he does look to get forward. Smith, fine defender though he is, is not a WB.

Woodburn shows he’s got class but don’t think the 3-4-3 suits him. He definitely would be better playing just off the striker and in and around box.

We created chances but I never felt we were going to score. Our main goal threat didn’t get into too many scoring positions. 

We have now got some quality players in team but the system needs to be tweaked and personnel in some places changed.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

It took us 20 minutes to get settled in then we pinned them back. They found a little joy on the counter because we were pressed forward. Porteous is a sleekit shitebag who played the ref like a fiddle but he also owned the air in his box. GMS would have had at least 1 if the keeper weren't on his best game today.

I've followed Hearts since roughly 2008, got my first trip to Tynie right at about 9 years ago. And yes, I gather that for some how we do against Hibs is more important than the rest of the season, and fair play to them. Not having ever lived in Edinburgh I don't have Hibs coworkers talking shite to me so maybe that's it. Of course I want to win a derby but Laurie and Jimmy were also going on about how open and engaging the game was.

FFS I know folk are stirred up from derby day but this is silly.

See when you’ve watched Hearts as long as 49 years, come back and talk to me about not playing well, creating decent chances and drawing at home against them. Unacceptable. 
At no point did we pin them back. 

3 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

I get where the OP is coming from.

Baningime needs an attack minded midfielder beside him, not Haring.

I actually don’t mind Cochrane in the WB role. IMO he does look to get forward. Smith, fine defender though he is, is not a WB.

Woodburn shows he’s got class but don’t think the 3-4-3 suits him. He definitely would be better playing just off the striker and in and around box.

We created chances but I never felt we were going to score. Our main goal threat didn’t get into too many scoring positions. 

We have now got some quality players in team but the system needs to be tweaked and personnel in some places changed.

Good post. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

15 to 20 minutes where the manager once again showed he’s incapable of getting a team up for it in a derby. 
They weren’t pegged back at any point in the game, we had possession at the back but did very little with it. The managers predictable subs actually changed the game for the worse, as he did against Aberdeen where both teams had their best chances late on. 

If you watched that and didn’t think they were pegged back at any point no point continuing the debate. 

All they had was long balls over the top and hope that Boyle or Nisbet could get on end of one. 

One of the subs was forced due to injury and people saying Woodburn was stretching his calf before going off so possibly two. 

We done enough to win that game but didn’t. It’s annoying but that happens in football.