Gorgie Road Entry

Wee Hammy

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

If we have to have a tarp then either one with the club crest or just plain maroon would look better than a free advert for a security company 

Definitely. 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

So whoever informs the Stewards either didn’t do their jobs or they ignored it, or G4S are ****ing hopeless. 
Now all they have to fix is the season ticket issue that hundreds of us have had in the main stand and also two youngsters working in the top small TO on match days that results in a huge queue across the plaza. Shambles. 

As far as I could see, and I might be wrong, there was one female steward shouting out the instruction to go to the Wheatfield entrance. There were other stewards there, who could have told her she was wrong, but I got the impression she was enjoying herself.

I have always entered the Wheatfield from the Gorgie Stand.  I exit this way too.  It had always been thus.  My seat is in B and entry is easiest through Tynecastle Terrace from the Merchie.  Otherwise I need to walk along to Wheatfield Street to join the queue for the Wheatfield Stand.

Now I can understand that for security/safety/Covide reasons they have programmed the scanners in the Gorgie entrance to only pass tickets for the Gorgie Stand and likewise the Wheatfield entrance scanners to only pass those with tickets for the Wheatfield Stand.  I get it, but why not broadcast this.  If the club has, then I missed it.  My apologies.

No problem for me, I just need to reschedule my timing.

On 12/09/2021 at 16:37, everton_jambo said:

I was the same, to be fair the G4S guy at the Wheatfield basically admitted they had made an arse of it and would sort it in future.

Wonder what it’ll be like with these vaccine passports

I’ve always used the Gorgie turnstiles for entry to my Wheatfield seats. The only time there was an issue was when the new stand was opening against PT. Again a security supervisor made an arse of it by turning away those in the Wheatfield meaning hundreds missed the opening ceremony and KO.

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

I noticed a very loud little-Hitler steward on the left hand side barriers for the Gorgie Stand who was doing his best to shout at folk not to come near if they were in the Wheatfield. Apologies to him if he was only 'following orders', but seemed like he was having a whale of a time telling folk they couldn't enter those turnstiles.

Sounds like the same guy that stopped Wheatfield ST holders entering the Gorgie turnstiles at the PT game I mentioned.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

As far as I could see, and I might be wrong, there was one female steward shouting out the instruction to go to the Wheatfield entrance. There were other stewards there, who could have told her she was wrong, but I got the impression she was enjoying herself.

Sounds about right 🙈

8 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Sounds like a total jobsworth. They used to have the odd steward who would say Gorgie stand only at that entrance but that wasn’t the case at the turnstiles. Often happens as casual workers starting randomly. Also think due to Covid that some people are scared of doing wrong against authority

10 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

It was definitely a female steward that was shouting out the instructions on gorgie road not to enter there if you had a ticket for the wheatfield 

9 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

So basically this was caused by one steward not knowing what they were doing.   

Is no one monitoring the overall situation around the ground with CCTV?  Or reporting back to some central control by radio?  e.g. that there are lengthy queues?  

As I enter via. Gorgie Road turnstiles the queues at the Wheatfield ones aren’t something I was aware of and wonder if those managing the ground are!

8 hours ago, Devorgilla said:

Is no one monitoring the overall situation around the ground with CCTV?  Or reporting back to some central control by radio?  e.g. that there are lengthy queues?  

As I enter via. Gorgie Road turnstiles the queues at the Wheatfield ones aren’t something I was aware of and wonder if those managing the ground are!

Given all the ground improvements driven by Hillborough it would seem strange if Hearts don’t have real time monitoring of the entry points into the ground as the queues played such a significant part in that tragedy. Last Sunday’s game would seem to suggest we do not have this in place.

King Of The Cat Cafe
On 17/09/2021 at 11:41, The Treasurer said:

I would get rid of G4S, if only so we can bin that tarpaulin in the Roseburn for segregation. 

A thing that bugs me is the way the stewards congregate in the middle of the concourse at half time.

It's hard enough to work your way through the crowds to the Wheatfield/Gorgie corner without finding half a dozen of them in hi-viz jackets standing blocking progress.