The Wallace Mercer song

Craigieboy

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, martoon said:

Desperation and pain.

They've latched onto anything that could be or, in their tiny minds, is, revenge for 5-1.

Silly buggers billed the, ahem, relegation derby as such. It didn't happen but it wouldn't have been revenge anyway.

They pounced on a 1-0 derby win three rounds before their Cup win 4 years later and called it revenge...

It wasn't.

But, it's the closest they'll ever get.

They had another chance to gain just a modicum of real revenge at Hampden last October and The Hearts still beat them.

I wouldn't change a single thing about they feckwits.

They're great the way they are. 😊

Did they not knock us out as holders-1-0 very early the season after? 

Or my mind playing tricks. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Don't know if Sir Wallace Mercers son Iain attends Tynecastle but can you imagine him sitting there and listening to such low life bile coming out of that lots mouths mocking the death of his Father ? 

Scum

Mocking a relatively young man that died from cancer is off. 

Scumbag behaviour. 

10 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Is it just me that finds their cup chants weird.

First they adopted "when Hearts/Hibs went up to lift the Scottish Cup we were there" as a taunt towards us. But that only works for us as a taunt because it was against Hibs. Their version just reminds me they've only won it once in 100 years.

Same with the Halliday cup song. The Pa Kujabo chant works because it was against us. I assume Halliday missed one of the penalties against Celtic? I genuinely couldn't have told you that. But it's weird to mock us for losing a cup final to Celtic in season when they managed to lose a cup final to St Johnstone! Almost as of they care more about Celtic winning than Hibs losing.

Their cup chants bring attention to the fact their record at Hampden and in said cup is embarrasing. Their poor attempts to chant about a success are quickly drowned out by us basically thanking them for the final against us. 

I have no idea why the song about Halliday but I just assumed he maybe played in the cup final when they won it. Would have to check though but I amen't going to because I couldn't care less :lol:

Seriously, and I do mean this, I don't understand Hibs. They are a laughable club, with laughable records at pretty much everything but yet sound off as if they are some sort of big club. They mock us and I get that, its a "rivalry". But it always seems like its like the wee toddler having a pop at his teenage brother, who quickly just dismisses it as it is laughable.

Thank you Hibs, for just being you.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye.

Tried to make that out as revenge, too.

Silly buggers.

12 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Why don’t we have a Wallace Mercer song? 

We did have when he was chairman. 

53 minutes ago, 151 said:

Their cup chants bring attention to the fact their record at Hampden and in said cup is embarrasing. Their poor attempts to chant about a success are quickly drowned out by us basically thanking them for the final against us. 

I have no idea why the song about Halliday but I just assumed he maybe played in the cup final when they won it. Would have to check though but I amen't going to because I couldn't care less :lol:

Seriously, and I do mean this, I don't understand Hibs. They are a laughable club, with laughable records at pretty much everything but yet sound off as if they are some sort of big club. They mock us and I get that, its a "rivalry". But it always seems like its like the wee toddler having a pop at his teenage brother, who quickly just dismisses it as it is laughable.

Halliday scored a cracker in the final.

But, like you, i don't understand hibs either.

54 minutes ago, 151 said:

From recollection Halliday scored Rangers second goal in 2016. It used to be nae cups in Gorgie but the references now need to be more obscure. 

5-1 in a Scottish Cup Final really is the ultimate humiliation. Silverware in Gorgie!

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

By that time the damage had been done. The Scotsman made a thing of the short time between the final and this defeat. But you have to be holders/winners first which is the REAL achievement or all that mattered. Also, to my mind you are holders until the next winners are known. 

We should resurrect the old chant around the time of the merger

'We should have closed you down, we should have closed you down'

Clowns every single last one of them.

4 hours ago, dannymack said:

Don't know if Sir Wallace Mercers son Iain attends Tynecastle but can you imagine him sitting there and listening to such low life bile coming out of that lots mouths mocking the death of his Father ? 

Scum

They always have been horrible jealous c....s      fth...

On 12/09/2021 at 16:16, Boris5115 said:

Add thick as shite bunch to that summary too. They should be thankful to the great waldo for bringing it to light just how bad a state their club was in. Duff and Gray weren't exactly telling them were their club was heading. 

If it wasn't for WM they wouldn't be around today to sing this vile song. I had some eejit on my timeline hit me with abuse about Wallace so I gently reminded him of the aforementioned, he never did come back.  :wacko:

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

5-1 in a Scottish Cup Final really is the ultimate humiliation. Silverware in Gorgie!

Can't believe that still torments them. FFS we are approaching the 10th anniversary of that. Yet they still think 2 points won in 1973 still means something, don't know what the feck what though? Much is publicised about the OF but in Edinburgh the hatred runs deep too. The SFA really needs to promote the Edinburgh derby to get a wider UK audience and more people can see for themselves how insignificant the wee team really are.