Gnanduillet

NB GIN

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

He was excellent against Celtic and I felt tried with no support against Aberdeen. I've no worries about him.

For me, you vring him on if he's a sub if the game gets stretched. It didn't yesterday and he simply didn't have space. Look at when and where he got the ball, it was back to goal or defender up his hoop. They'd sat in and especially close off the wide areas in final third.

Gnando with Boyce playing in around him and Woodburn and Cochrane getting balls in from wide, even from 30yards out was way to go. 442 essentially. Hibs then need to decide to pack the middle or not leaving space wider.

In fact Hibs werent threatening from wide so a 352 would have worked, he could've been bold and replaced Smith with Gnando

Woodburn off gnando would be worth trying. 

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bobskeldon

• BackOfTheNet

• GinRummy

• JimmyCant

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Boyce was absolutely shite today,didn’t hold the ball in,didn’t drag the centre half’s wide,didn’t bring the wingers into play,absolutely shite.

Absolute nonsense!

17 hours ago, Sleepystujam said:

Gnando's the type of player that'll score one goal against the hobo's with it bouncing of his knee, but he would've been bullied today. Probably score against the likes of Livi, Ross Co or Dundee, but no better!

And Dundee United.  I’ve no idea how anybody can have such a strong opinion on Gnando. He’s hardly played. How can you predict who he’ll score against. 

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

And Dundee United.  I’ve no idea how anybody can have such a strong opinion on Gnando. He’s hardly played. How can you predict who he’ll score against. 

Agreed. Also, I don’t think he’d have been bullied by their CB’s at all, in fact I think his mere presence would worry them enough that it would free up space for others. Sometimes I think certain games, like yesterday, require tough decisions to be made. And that might be leaving your top scorer on the bench to bring on fresh with 20-30 mins to go, and advise the starter (Gnanduillet) to try his hardest for an hour or so and get his head onto anything he can. Before the game I thought it was made for Gnanduillet to be honest, quite annoyed he didn’t even get a sub appearance to show it.

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Agreed. Also, I don’t think he’d have been bullied by their CB’s at all, in fact I think his mere presence would worry them enough that it would free up space for others. Sometimes I think certain games, like yesterday, require tough decisions to be made. And that might be leaving your top scorer on the bench to bring on fresh with 20-30 mins to go, and advise the starter (Gnanduillet) to try his hardest for an hour or so and get his head onto anything he can. Before the game I thought it was made for Gnanduillet to be honest, quite annoyed he didn’t even get a sub appearance to show it.

I certainly think it’ll become more of a squad game as the season progresses and Gnando will have a spell when he’s in the side then have to try and stay there. I personally think Boyce does too much work all over the park to drop him but surely there’s a way to get both in the side and benefit from Boyces hard work while keeping Gnando in the CF role. 

That video that was posted when McKay was at rangers showed he be the perfect player for getting balls to Boyce. 

He puts balls into spaces that are ideal for him.

Get decent balls into the box and Boyce will put them away.  

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I certainly think it’ll become more of a squad game as the season progresses and Gnando will have a spell when he’s in the side then have to try and stay there. I personally think Boyce does too much work all over the park to drop him but surely there’s a way to get both in the side and benefit from Boyces hard work while keeping Gnando in the CF role. 

I actually thought that Woodburn and GMS we’re playing some good intricate stuff, but was just needing something else up top. Personally I think Gnanduillet would have preoccupied their defence more merely by being a bigger guy than Boyce, which may have meant Woodburn and GMS had more space to manoeuvre. But I certainly think there’s a time they should both play too. Problem with Boyce as the sole striker is he’s reasonably easy to mark out the game if you want to. Which is why GMS and Woodburn faltered at the final stage (I also noticed they seemed reluctant to include Boyce in their passing passages). But if defenders know they have to deal with a player a foot taller than them, then they know they need to worry about high crosses, balls played to chest and feet and so on. As good as Boyce is, he’s a finisher first and foremost, but the rest of his game is pretty predictable for defences to cope with.

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I actually thought that Woodburn and GMS we’re playing some good intricate stuff, but was just needing something else up top. Personally I think Gnanduillet would have preoccupied their defence more merely by being a bigger guy than Boyce, which may have meant Woodburn and GMS had more space to manoeuvre. But I certainly think there’s a time they should both play too. Problem with Boyce as the sole striker is he’s reasonably easy to mark out the game if you want to. Which is why GMS and Woodburn faltered at the final stage (I also noticed they seemed reluctant to include Boyce in their passing passages). But if defenders know they have to deal with a player a foot taller than them, then they know they need to worry about high crosses, balls played to chest and feet and so on. As good as Boyce is, he’s a finisher first and foremost, but the rest of his game is pretty predictable for defences to cope with.

Aye, it’s a logical enough point of view. Maybe a chance missed by not including Gnando. As you say, would’ve been a brave call from RN. 

20 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I would have given GMS and Woodburn a bit more time before they were subbed. I think bringing off M Smith changed bringing on Gnando. Would have sacrificed the Ginnelly sub instead though.

Ginnelly has done nothing this season to suggest he is worth the deal. Why will he not try and take on the defenders in front of him.

I was hoping GMS would go off as I was less than impressed with him but having seen Ginnelly replace him I take back my thoughts on GMS.

Woodburn on the other hand, this guy has talent and I was disappointed that he went off. Not sure why Robbie took him off if he has a knock or is still not at full fitness.

He look a great find and I look forward to seeing more of him.

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Rumoured to be heading to an Iranian team. 

Id be surprised if we let him go and left ourselves short. 

If could recall Henderson then maybe could see it if a crazy offer

Personally hope he stays and gets a chance to play 

Just now, R1874 said:

No thanks.

2 minutes ago, R1874 said:

Can’t recall players outside of transfer windows anyway.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Would need to be massive money. Was a bit worried when we never signed another striker and this would be crazy if it left us with just 1 proper striker. Can gino play up top if required?

On 13/09/2021 at 10:34, wavydavy said:

Ginnelly has done nothing this season to suggest he is worth the deal. Why will he not try and take on the defenders in front of him.

I was hoping GMS would go off as I was less than impressed with him but having seen Ginnelly replace him I take back my thoughts on GMS.

Woodburn on the other hand, this guy has talent and I was disappointed that he went off. Not sure why Robbie took him off if he has a knock or is still not at full fitness.

He look a great find and I look forward to seeing more of him.

Doig played them well. 

12 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Would need to be massive money. Was a bit worried when we never signed another striker and this would be crazy if it left us with just 1 proper striker. Can gino play up top if required?

Woodburn can play up top apparently. 

From a financial point of view if silly money is being thrown about then take it and move on. In all likelihood the guy will leave in the summer for free - Neilson wants him as a backup and he wants to play football. There is plenty of players out there on free transfers right now to provide adequate back up - i.e Guy Melamed.

I rate Gnado highly and would like to see him get a run of games but fear the lack of minutes since start of the season is a sign of what's to come.

jamboinglasgow
50 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Rumoured to be heading to an Iranian team. 

Id be surprised if we let him go and left ourselves short. 

You would have to think he have options lined up to replace him otherwise it is a strange decision.

I would suspect it would have to be massive money for us to leave ourselves with one striker, even if his contract runs out next summer. It would also take massive money for him to make that sort of move you’d imagine. Not sure there’s many free agents that could come in on our budget that would be good enough to replace him, so we’d be left incredibly short. Boyce is already knackered to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

From a financial point of view if silly money is being thrown about then take it and move on. In all likelihood the guy will leave in the summer for free - Neilson wants him as a backup and he wants to play football. There is plenty of players out there on free transfers right now to provide adequate back up - i.e Guy Melamed.

I rate Gnado highly and would like to see him get a run of games but fear the lack of minutes since start of the season is a sign of what's to come.

Melamed isn’t a free agent, he signed for an Israeli team.

10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I would suspect it would have to be massive money for us to leave ourselves with one striker, even if his contract runs out next summer. It would also take massive money for him to make that sort of move you’d imagine. Not sure there’s many free agents that could come in on our budget that would be good enough to replace him, so we’d be left incredibly short. Boyce is already knackered to be honest.

£300k. Give the money to Andy Carroll to sign for the rest of the season. 

😂

7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

£300k. Give the money to Andy Carroll to sign for the rest of the season. 

😂

He’d play less than Damour!

IF Gnanduillet goes I could maybe see someone like Yaya Sanogo being on the radar though.

Still just a rumour, nothing more, nothing less. We need to start scoring again, and Gnando provides these opportunities, directly or indirectly. 

7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Signing for Partizan Belgrade according to a quick Google…

Rumoured onTM site as well. Iranian team rumoured to be in for Gnando appear to be interested in a few strikers.

46 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/geruechte/aktuellegeruechte/statistik

halfway down that page, rumour. I didn’t make it up. 

Never change and that though eh 

Clicked into the discussion on that, the actual source for the rumour is this site ffs :lol: 

https://football-rumours.co.uk/index.htm

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He’d play less than Damour!

IF Gnanduillet goes I could maybe see someone like Yaya Sanogo being on the radar though.

Aye I was about 80% joking lol.

Sanogo is an interesting one. He's a bit slow for me but suppose we're mainly just needing some height up front so he'd maybe do a job.

If I remember correctly, Gnando was brought in for his areal prowess and  with the idea of our wingers hitting the bye line and sending in crosses that he could attack.  After we signed him we played pretty much without wingers, or the ones we did play couldn't hit the bye line. We now have the likes of Gino, Woodburn and Mackay who can whip in decent crosses, like the one that MacKay played to Gino at the back post Vs the vermin.  Chances are if it had been Gnando on the end of that cross rather than Gino, it was a goal. 

I'd like to see him get a run in the team to prove himself as I do believe he's got lots of goals in him if we play to his strengths. 

2 minutes ago, Firefox said:

If I remember correctly, Gnando was brought in for his areal prowess and  with the idea of our wingers hitting the bye line and sending in crosses that he could attack.  After we signed him we played pretty much without wingers, or the ones we did play couldn't hit the bye line. We now have the likes of Gino, Woodburn and Mackay who can whip in decent crosses, like the one that MacKay played to Gino at the back post Vs the vermin.  Chances are if it had been Gnando on the end of that cross rather than Gino, it was a goal. 

I'd like to see him get a run in the team to prove himself as I do believe he's got lots of goals in him if we play to his strengths. 

Not meaning your post in the slightest, you make valid points. It’s 5 games into the league campaign and from memory Gnando has been unavailable for two of them. I would be astonished if he didn’t get a decent run in the side at some point. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Not meaning your post in the slightest, you make valid points. It’s 5 games into the league campaign and from memory Gnando has been unavailable for two of them. I would be astonished if he didn’t get a decent run in the side at some point. 

No worries, you make a valid point too.  I think he would have got some game time against H1b5 had smith not needed replaced. 

Gnando would have got on the pitch last weekend if Smith hadn’t picked up the injury.  

I love Boyce, but I think the pressure to play him from the start every game has subsided now that we have Woodburn and McKay in, and GMS hitting some good form. Too many players trying to do the same thing and for that reason I’d happily see Gnando start with Woodburn and GMS just off him this weekend.  I wouldn’t go as far as some to say Boyce was shite last week, but I was disappointed with him.  

Ainsley Harriott

Nandos a good player that will more than contribute as the season goes on the leaves fall from the trees, the grass stops growing, the morning dew turns to morning frost, the grass turns to mud. We need a big target man. Hello Nando

Ps I'm drinking 

35 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

We're pish at scoring goals and Nando can score goals given the opportunity, 

Surely he'll get some game time against dross county?

He’ll get game time most weeks. 

Portable Badger
4 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Nandos a good player that will more than contribute as the season goes on the leaves fall from the trees, the grass stops growing, the morning dew turns to morning frost, the grass turns to mud. We need a big target man. Hello Nando

Ps I'm drinking 

Multi-tasking eh??  Typing and drinking is difficult especially trying to see the keyboard when you’re down to the dregs of the can.  Well played 

Ainsley Harriott
2 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Multi-tasking eh??  Typing and drinking is difficult especially trying to see the keyboard when you’re down to the dregs of the can.  Well played 

👌

Italian Lambretta
40 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

We're pish at scoring goals and Nando can score goals given the opportunity, 

Surely he'll get some game time against dross county?

Of course this will depend on whether we can afford to go with only one defensive midfielder.

What do you think?

On 13/09/2021 at 08:57, Jambof3tornado said:

Woodburn off gnando would be worth trying. 

Certainly would have asked different questions of Hibs defence.

4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Of course this will depend on whether we can afford to go with only one defensive midfielder.

What do you think?

We've got the players to cause problems now, but yes, we won't make the most of it.