Gnanduillet

NB GIN

This game was crying out for him today 

big Boyce fan but he needs support up top.

Looking back in game would not have taken off GMS or Woodburn. 

overall decent performance 

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bobskeldon

• BackOfTheNet

• GinRummy

• JimmyCant

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would have given GMS and Woodburn a bit more time before they were subbed. I think bringing off M Smith changed bringing on Gnando. Would have sacrificed the Ginnelly sub instead though.

2 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Id be fuming if I was Gnando. Boyce did not have a great game.

Although don’t think we should have taken off both GMS and Woodburn. Was right decision to take off atleast one of them. Woodburn looked tired.

Absolute Scenes

Agreed. Boyce better have his apologies ready for the next presser. Totally non existent bar a few headers. For our main striker his decision making is backwards. 

Leveins Battalion

Boyce was absolutely shite today,didn’t hold the ball in,didn’t drag the centre half’s wide,didn’t bring the wingers into play,absolutely shite.

2 minutes ago, MasterofDisaster said:

Agreed, the guy must be questioning his place at hearts because he hasn’t done much wrong when he’s played

I'd have given him time today but don't think he's exactly set the heather on fire either.  

People having a go at Boyce, we really shouldn't have been shelling the ball up to him each time, he's not strong, he's not fast. For me he's not a lone striker. Easy day for their CB's because we played to their strengths. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

8 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Agree. Given the number of corners we had, and how little we did with them, we needed the big man today. Thought GMS and Woodburn were both excellent, curious decision to sub them both.

5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Boyce was absolutely shite today,didn’t hold the ball in,didn’t drag the centre half’s wide,didn’t bring the wingers into play,absolutely shite.

Every time he got near the ball he ended up falling over himself. Frustrating afternoon!

3 minutes ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Agree. Given the number of corners we had, and how little we did with them, we needed the big man today. Thought GMS and Woodburn were both excellent, curious decision to sub them both.

Neilson is a baffling man at times 

Thought he should've come on for Boyce.

Didn't think Boyce offered enough when we had Woodburn and GMS then later Ginnelly. All a little too similar. Gnando is a poacher and just gets in the right place at the right time.

Dennis Reynolds
9 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

People having a go at Boyce, we really shouldn't have been shelling the ball up to him each time, he's not strong, he's not fast. For me he's not a lone striker. Easy day for their CB's because we played to their strengths. 

This. 

20 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Isn’t strong and fast the two most basic requirements for a striker? 

Either Boyce needs someone up there with him so he can drop further back (as he seems to do a lot) or he needs to stop trying to draw so many fouls from the opposition (this is slightly more subjective but I believed I’ve noticed him doing this a lot since he came to Hearts). 

Didn’t understand or agree with the GMS and Woodburn substitutions. Didn’t understand not bringing on Gnando when he would have helped Boyce against two average centre halves. Why bring on someone who hasn’t played since May for someone who’s match fit.

We are not getting anything close to what we should be getting out of Gino. He was hardly on the ball and when he was he was stuck out at corner flag surely we want him through middle alongside Boyce running at tired defenders. 

32 minutes ago, Arry said:

The Woodburn substitution was criminal.  However big Craig saved the day so we go to next game.

Woodburn had run his race, he was stretching out his legs on a few occasions.

14 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

We are not getting anything close to what we should be getting out of Gino. He was hardly on the ball and when he was he was stuck out at corner flag surely we want him through middle alongside Boyce running at tired defenders. 

He’s a winger, he was playing on the wing. He played quite poorly. 

I agree. I would have left Woodburn on and brought Gnando for GMS. Played Woodburn behind a front 2. 

And I would have brought Ginelly on at RWB for Smith instead of anoher center back. We need to stop treating wing back as a position for only defenders when It's effectively a midfield position with extra defensive duties.

Hindsight eh?

4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I wondered that he was our real threat up top. Do like him

10 minutes ago, Rods said:

Gnando should have came on. Neilson got it wrong and worryingly it was the same as Aberdeen. 

Swings and roundabouts, he got it bang on for Celtic and St Mirren...

Boycie is a good player for us, no doubt about that, but he’s not great at attacking a cross ball in the box. If you watch the highlights there’s a few really good crosses in from both sides but he doesn’t move. No attempt to get across the defender at all sometimes. I’ve noticed this in a lot of games, he should be able to do this in his sleep.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Thought gnando coming on at halftime would have been a shout with woodburn running off him.

Boyce was honking. No real competition if Robbie wont use gnando

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Every time he got near the ball he ended up falling over himself. Frustrating afternoon!

He was very poor today.

Gnando should have been on last half hour to give a different dimension especially with all the corners we racked up 

Gnando walked up tunnel head bowed in 85 minutes.Think the substitution of Smith had something to do with substitutions,Gnando was warming up just before Moore replaced Smith.

8 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Gnando's the type of player that'll score one goal against the hobo's with it bouncing of his knee, but he would've been bullied today. Probably score against the likes of Livi, Ross Co or Dundee, but no better!

1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

This. We ask him to do too much. Hopefully the new additions will help get the ball forward quicker and deliver into the box where he SHOULD be

37 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

yup. Woodburn had a terrific game but he was tired and needed to be subbed. It's a pity about the enforced Smith sub as that probably stopped Gnando coming on. 

I’m not going to have a go at Boyce, but it was evident he was blowing out of his arse at the end. I think Neilson sees we need a goal and just leaves him on in hope. There was a cross near the end from Cochrane that was bang on and Boyce didn’t have the wherewithal to make the run to the front post. Not blaming him though, he was knackered. That’s why Gnanduillet should have been on instead of him. That and I genuinely don’t think their centre backs could handle him if we started playing decent crosses into the box.

1 hour ago, Arry said:

The Woodburn substitution was criminal.  However big Craig saved the day so we go to next game.

I think Woodburn was done, maybe cramping. He was stretching on the turf just seconds before his substitution. I think it was done to protect him  from injury.

2 minutes ago, stan said:

I think Woodburn was done, maybe cramping. He was stretching on the turf just seconds before his substitution. I think it was done to protect him  from injury.

The thing was we were basically handicapped by starting Smith, as I think the intention was always to take him off around the 60 minutes mark, so that means one sub already accounted for. The other two you hope are tactical, and you’re right Woodburn looked done, so that’s 2/3 enforced (to an extent) subs. Ginnelly for GMS was the only tactical sub, and I don’t think it needed made at that point. As well as McKay played I still would’ve rather seen Gnanduillet on for Boyce, as he was done.

The subs didn’t work unfortunately and stifled our momentum. I think he chose to bring on Gino for GMS, who was the poorer out of the two wingers, but Woodburn then seemed to be struggling with cramp and McKay came on instead of Gnando who looked like he was called back to replace Boyce.

Bit unfortunate.

Thought maybe he wasn't available (was playing football so missed first half and all pre-match). Really odd to be playing our city rivals, drawing 0-0 in a game that looked there for the taking with some attacking vigour and we left our other striker on the bench. We looked toothless after Woodburn and GMS went off imo.

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

This. We ask him to do too much. Hopefully the new additions will help get the ball forward quicker and deliver into the box where he SHOULD be

Asking him to do to much may be true but how about he practices trapping a ball instead of every second touch being a tackle.

4 hours ago, Sleepystujam said:

Gnando's the type of player that'll score one goal against the hobo's with it bouncing of his knee, but he would've been bullied today. Probably score against the likes of Livi, Ross Co or Dundee, but no better!

TBF we've struggled in recent years to win games we're 'supposed' to win. Aberdeen have managed amazing consistency by winning those games against so called inferior teams. If Gnando can come in when we're playing bottom 6 sides and bang them in, I'm happy. 

He left his seat before end of game and went down tunnel probably wanted to have a shower to himself I agree we should have brought him on as a sub as the ball was getting punted up the park quite a bit and a wee knock on for Boyce could have done the business 

A_A wehatethehibs

Think the big man would’ve got on but for the Smith sub. I think he could be due a start next week with Boyce not looking too sharp.

We need someone other than Boyce who knows where the goal is.  He deserves the right to state his case.  I reckon he will get a start on Saturday.

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Think the big man would’ve got on but for the Smith sub. I think he could be due a start next week with Boyce not looking too sharp.

Yup and I think that change was required more than GMS or Woodburn subs that were made which were quite like for like.

We were getting good possession and territory and Hibs def werent enjoying balls into their box. I think Gnando would have tipped the scales.

Best laid plans etc but it felt the subs were premeditated rather than on evidence of game and the Smith withdrawal is then a spanner to a laid plan.

Caveat is I/we have no idea how Ben and Gaz were doing physically and perhaps needed off I suppose.

Other caveat is that hindsight is marvellous!  Should have brought on Gnando instead of Gino but when Gino came on, I was thinking "yas Josh, run them ragged son"!!!!

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yup and I think that change was required more than GMS or Woodburn subs that were made which were quite like for like.

We were getting good possession and territory and Hibs def werent enjoying balls into their box. I think Gnando would have tipped the scales.

Best laid plans etc but it felt the subs were premeditated rather than on evidence of game and the Smith withdrawal is then a spanner to a laid plan.

Caveat is I/we have no idea how Ben and Gaz were doing physically and perhaps needed off I suppose.

Other caveat is that hindsight is marvellous!  Should have brought on Gnando instead of Gino but when Gino came on, I was thinking "yas Josh, run them ragged son"!!!!

Gino was the biggest disappointment of the whole game imo. Really thought he’d make an impact but ended up hindering us a bit. Hasn’t looked too sharp this season 

6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Gino was the biggest disappointment of the whole game imo. Really thought he’d make an impact but ended up hindering us a bit. Hasn’t looked too sharp this season 

He was excellent against Celtic and I felt tried with no support against Aberdeen. I've no worries about him.

For me, you vring him on if he's a sub if the game gets stretched. It didn't yesterday and he simply didn't have space. Look at when and where he got the ball, it was back to goal or defender up his hoop. They'd sat in and especially close off the wide areas in final third.

Gnando with Boyce playing in around him and Woodburn and Cochrane getting balls in from wide, even from 30yards out was way to go. 442 essentially. Hibs then need to decide to pack the middle or not leaving space wider.

In fact Hibs werent threatening from wide so a 352 would have worked, he could've been bold and replaced Smith with Gnando