Match ratings vs the vermin playing with 12 (ref included)

Geoff Kilpatrick

1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Was it a red and free kick on edge of the box in the 1st half?  Ref gave it the other way. 

For me McGinn impeded Boyce, came right across him and then fell to the ground (as they all seem to do)... terrible decision. There was also the time in the first half when Halckett rode a couple of fouls and we had a break on down the left.. then Walsh brought play back when he should have played advantage. Did the reverse further up the pitch - should have given a direct free kick for a foul on GMS but played 'advantage' where there wasn't really any.... somehow GMS got a shot off and brought a decent save out their keeper.

Apart from that, hibs blatantly got every 50-50.

Abysmal referee. 

Edited by Rogue Daddy

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s a cliche but for a huge guy he gets down very quickly. 

Yep. Just presumed it was in before he hit it. GMS did nothing wrong it was just a great save. 

Referee was pathetic!  Probably had Green and white underwear on!!

Beni was streets ahead of everyone else on the park - easy MOM😍

Was screaming to get Ginnelly on - what a disappointment!

35 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

For me McGinn impeded Boyce, came right across him and then fell to the ground (as they all seem to do)... terrible decision. There was also the time in the first half when Halckett rode a couple of fouls and we had a break on down the left.. then Walsh brought play back when he should have played advantage. Did the reverse further up the pitch - should have given a direct free kick for a foul on GMS but played 'advantage' where there wasn't really any.... somehow GMS got a shot off and brought a decent save out their keeper.

Apart from that, hibs blatantly got every 50-50.

Abysmal referee. 

Yep it was probably 2 fouls from McGinn!!

TV said Boyce touched his foot. Yeah cos mcginn dived Infront of him!!  Then pulled him down once Boyce got past. Ref shat it. Red card.

But even out with that, he gave them every single decision. As usual they fell all over the place and he lapped it up.

More than once our boys had the chance to go down and didn't. Lead up to Cochrane's (incorrect) booking, we were fouled twice, Beni and Woodburn I think, but didn't roll about like ******s so didn't get them.

I prefer being those guys but the ref needs to see it.

16 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yep it was probably 2 fouls from McGinn!!

TV said Boyce touched his foot. Yeah cos mcginn dived Infront of him!!  Then pulled him down once Boyce got past. Ref shat it. Red card.

But even out with that, he gave them every single decision. As usual they fell all over the place and he lapped it up.

More than once our boys had the chance to go down and didn't. Lead up to Cochrane's (incorrect) booking, we were fouled twice, Beni and Woodburn I think, but didn't roll about like ******s so didn't get them.

I prefer being those guys but the ref needs to see it.

Yip 100%

Gordon 8

Cochrane 6

Halkett 7

Souttar 4

Smith 6

Kingsley 6

Beni 9

Haring 7

GMS 7

Boyce 6

Woodburn 8

Some interesting ratings. Beni outstanding again, Gordon is the best signing we’ve made in years and will be worth several points again over the season, Woodburn looked very promising, and Halkett was the best of the defenders.

The only negative for me was Souttar who was very poor and comfortably our worst player. Very rare for him to have an off game but he was dreadful. He gave the ball away in some terrible areas, one slip up in particular from a pass from Gordon nearly cost us, and his passing was often wayward. I suppose it shows he is human after all and to be fair to him I can’t remember many off days. I’m still a bit gutted we didn’t get the 3 points but still unbeaten and it’s a better start to the season than I was expecting.

...andFulton'sBaggio
On 12/09/2021 at 15:37, argyjambo said:

Just back from Tynecastle, best game I've seen Halkett play for us. One slip aside, he won everything in the air, made numerous blocks and tackles & one break out from defence driving towards the Hibs box, had me telling my mate we should call him Halkenbauer.

He was giving me the fear in the first 15 mins or so, but settled down into a fine performance. That jinking run in the second half was like watching vintage Dave McPherson.  Beautiful 😍 

10 hours ago, a11ank said:

Referee was pathetic!  Probably had Green and white underwear on!!

Beni was streets ahead of everyone else on the park - easy MOM😍

Was screaming to get Ginnelly on - what a disappointment!

Honestly, has Ginnelly ever taken a player on and beaten him?........Grossly overrated......

Gordon - 9

Smith - 7

Kingsley - 7 

Souttar - 7

Haring - 7 

Baningime - 8

Halkett - 7

Cochrane - 7 

Woodburn - 8 

Boyce - 7

Mackay-Steven - 6 

In the last match v Dundee Utd Ginelly beat Robson so many times that Robson ran away to England to avoid playing against him again!

17 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Aye, loads of times. 

19 minutes ago, oldtart said:

In the last match v Dundee Utd Ginelly beat Robson so many times that Robson ran away to England to avoid playing against him again!

To be fair the scenarios were way different. Bring him on when we’re one up and he’ll have a field day. United were pushing numerous players forward and their LB had tucked in meaning when he received the ball wide he was in acres. Probably beat his man 3 times, twice he hit a Roy Race rocket across goal, giving his colleagues no chance. Thankfully, Gnanduillet was about 5 yards from him the third time and he’s a big unit. 
Hibs were not chasing the game to the same extent as United and handled him with ease, I’m afraid. Signs were promising initially, though (so 2s and 3s are a bit harsh) when Woodburn took the quick free kick and then McKay found him in behind. The left foot shot right at the end though…🤦‍♂️

Edited by Shaggy2

Bazzas right boot

Halkett, Benin mom for me. 

Haring was good as well. 

Gordon 1 very good save, others I'd expect him to make. 

Woodburn showed good touches and potential.