Who hates the derby?

GinRummy

Over on Spoon Burner . Net

The commanders in chief have been laying down the rules.

No new threads on Hearts.

Hearts is a banned word. It is now “them”.

3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Over on Spoon Burner . Net

The commanders in chief have been laying down the rules.

No new threads on Hearts.

Hearts is a banned word. It is now “them”.

And they wonder why they are open to ridicule.  Wtf is not using our name going to achieve?  

Can't wait until we put them back in their place.

Need a name for fun....

In the book fever pitch, Hornby says that arsenal fans had an annual day called St Totteringham day.  It's that  day in the season where they can no longer get caught be spurs. 

We need one for fun.   Is there a St Owned?   

Always love the Hibs games. Even when on paper they look like they should win we very often turn them over. Even when they are playing better than us and are dominating a game we very often turn them over. It's just the way it is!

Love the derby and it's my favourite away game especially midweek.

But it does play on the nerves.

In a way I'm kind of proud to be part of it .Its a really old fixture and despite some of their support being absolute roasters during our troubles I wouldn't want them gone.

They do have some right red hoat rosters amongst them though.

8 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

I am unfortunate in that I remember the seventies when they held the upper hand  so I love it when we win but fear before the game because of past experience 

This is how I feel too. All my mates were Hibbies in the 70s! Love it when we beat them.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Ekhibee. His heart is broken....

Sorrow for EKhibee. Lives in East Kilbride (I’m guessing) and supports hibs. He probably had high hopes for his life as a child ☹️

15 hours ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Poor Ekhibee needs therapy.  A prime example of a lifetime of torture at our hands.

Calling Livingston Livvie 😂

"Results this century are a bit more even" claims one.

League: Hearts 27-17 Hibs

Cup: Hearts 5-3 Hibs

League Cup: Hearts 1-1 Hibs

Total: Hearts 33-21 Hibs

:rofl:

19 hours ago, Yoda said:

You can smell the fear coming from Lochend. 

Can confirm. Thought seafield was dumping the raw stuff again, but it is clearly coming from the MethaDome. 

1 hour ago, martoon said:

:robboyas:

1 hour ago, martoon said:

From his angle he is telling the truth.  Thought it does show how bad their record is against us if that's improvement. 

Remember that we've never had a score board so theyll always have that over us.  Gutted! 

5 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Sorrow Sorrow 

Who the **** has an anthem for their team with the words sorrow, sorrow in it?  Only hibs.

Favourite banner is that one with that and the 1-5.  Beautiful 

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

No wonder they hate it.

came to Tynecastle to relegate us and ended up relegated themselves .  Embarrasing isn’t even close to describing them.

They are the gift that keeps giving.  I love Derby’s absolutely love them

This will never be beaten. 

All dressed up, flyers and everything... 

And the way they got relegated and stayed down for 3 seasons.... You can't make that shit up. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

From his angle he is telling the truth.  Thought it does show how bad their record is against us if that's improvement. 

Remember that we've never had a score board so theyll always have that over us.  Gutted! 

Tbh, we need a score Board. 

Can install it when we fill in the corners. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Tbh, we need a score Board. 

Can install it when we fill in the corners. 

We could do with a decent modern one somewhere.  Not like hibs where the away fans saw it more than the home fans. 

They really don't think things through. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

This will never be beaten. 

All dressed up, flyers and everything... 

And the way they got relegated and stayed down for 3 seasons.... You can't make that shit up. 

Said this before and I'm not bothered.  Roughly 6 weeks after Hamilton relegated them, I was at the oban tournament and got to shake hands with jason Scotland.  

Told him I was a hearts fan and asked him.  He happily offerd his hand.  

Better than any autograph I've ever had.  No it's not.  I've now got robbos...

26 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Was that the tiny wee thing they had on the roof of the cowshed?

I remember getting to the top of the hill we had to climb for the "Robbo deflection off Schaedler" derby and most fans around me pointing and laughing.

Iirc, it went on the blink soon after and they got rid.

1 minute ago, martoon said:

Was that the tiny wee thing they had on the roof of the cowshed?

I remember getting to the top of the hill we had to climb for the "Robbo deflection off Schaedler" derby and most fans around me pointing and laughing.

Iirc, it went on the blink soon after and they got rid.

It lasted about a season and a half.  My subbutteo scoreboard had better letters and numbers on it.  Also cost more. 

I remember hibs mates when I younger boasting about it.  

55 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Who the **** has an anthem for their team with the words sorrow, sorrow in it?  Only hibs.

Favourite banner is that one with that and the 1-5.  Beautiful 

😂😂

26 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

It lasted about a season and a half.  My subbutteo scoreboard had better letters and numbers on it.  Also cost more. 

I remember hibs mates when I younger boasting about it.  

I was expecting some big screen the way Hibs schoolmates banged on.

It was more like an outsize vidiprinter.

Never enjoyed the derby build-up or game itself. Hate when we lose as their lot are embarrassingly unbearable. Delighted when we win but in recent years i've taken to recording the game, doing something else and when i find out the score i either watch or delete without looking at it. Saves me stressing myself out during the game and i get other stuff done. Heading out soon and should be home by half two so i'll know what's been going on by then. Delete or watch....i'll decide then.

1 minute ago, martoon said:

I was expecting some big screen the way Hibs schoolmates banged on.

It was more like an outsize vidiprinter.

Like the vidiprinter but without the letters in brackets when it's a high score. 

I hope we get one and there's a game with five in brackets.  

Best scoreboard thing for me was at ibrox when we won the youth cup in the mid 90s.  

It had rangers 1-4 Hearts and their stand was completely empty.  No one had cameras at games then.  

Would've been a great picture. 

1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

Like the vidiprinter but without the letters in brackets when it's a high score. 

I hope we get one and there's a game with five in brackets.  

Best scoreboard thing for me was at ibrox when we won the youth cup in the mid 90s.  

It had rangers 1-4 Hearts and their stand was completely empty.  No one had cameras at games then.  

Would've been a great picture. 

I remember that, Ab.

Well, 1-3 anyway.

Massive Hearts support at Ibrox that night.

Also at Somerset Park when the lads won 5 or 6-0. Don't recall the round, semi maybe, or the exact result but I'm sure Hearts scored 4 in the first 10/15 minutes.

Hearts were at a bit of a low ebb at the time, with the threat of relegation still to come, but Lockie, Thomas, Ritchie etc. provided great hope for our future.

12 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Never enjoyed the derby build-up or game itself. Hate when we lose as their lot are embarrassingly unbearable. Delighted when we win but in recent years i've taken to recording the game, doing something else and when i find out the score i either watch or delete without looking at it. Saves me stressing myself out during the game and i get other stuff done. Heading out soon and should be home by half two so i'll know what's been going on by then. Delete or watch....i'll decide then.

Please be watch. 🤞

2 minutes ago, martoon said:

I remember that, Ab.

Well, 1-3 anyway.

Massive Hearts support at Ibrox that night.

Also at Somerset Park when the lads won 5 or 6-0. Don't recall the round, semi maybe, or the exact result but I'm sure Hearts scored 4 in the first 10/15 minutes.

Hearts were at a bit of a low ebb at the time, with the threat of relegation still to come, but Lockie, Thomas, Ritchie etc. provided great hope for our future.

We definitely put four part them as well then.  

I only got asked to go an hour before we left.  A surprisingly excellent night. Sans camera spoilt it.

Just now, Auldbenches said:

We definitely put four part them as well then.  

I only got asked to go an hour before we left.  A surprisingly excellent night. Sans camera spoilt it.

Pretty sure we missed a penalty, too.

An easy win, regardless. 😊

13 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Change your habit. Today with a full house and our new players?  Don't worry.  

You're one on here that has backed the club through the last few years when fans like me wre moaning and you don't deserve to miss this live. 

22 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Broken.

Screenshot_20210911-113040_Chrome.jpg

Interesting contrast in responses there. The first comment is the classic “hater” who betrays his reason for hating: fear of Hearts.

The second is in denial: it’s just another three points, etc. Funnily enough, that’s not the prevailing attitude when they talk about 01/01/73.

The last contributor sounds more like an Edinburgh/Lothians fitba’ supporter in my view.

49 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I can relate to this. As someone said elsewhere, maybe it’s because I had to endure the ‘70s! 😖

But, as a song I’ve heard somewhere suggests, “…we can aye go back up” - and so it has proved.

Let’s hope you’re able to sit back and enjoy your recording 👍🇱🇻