Who hates the derby?

GinRummy

I’m not going to post a link but on .net they have a thread titled “Who hates the derby”. 

The fact that the OP of that thread actually gets support says absolutely everything that needs said about them and us. 😀

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m not going to post a link but on .net they have a thread titled “Who hates the derby”. 

The fact that the OP of that thread actually gets support says absolutely everything that needs said about them and us. 😀

No wonder. We’ve won more times at Easter road than them. We’d never stand for such an embarrassment. 

The Ultimate Worrier
28 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I would too if I was in their shoes.

Bloody luv it.  As Kevin said.  What I dislike is walking over that bridge to ER and the colour green,

th?id=OIP.wATMT2HDS3TPcUsveuoSOwHaD4&pid=Api&P=0&w=320&h=169

I remember the year we were in admin. Couldn’t buy a win but beat them 4/5 times. 2 years ago they accounted for 50% of our league victories not to mention losing a Scottish cup semi to us not long after. Think the main difference is that when we are really down on our luck we will still always have a good chance against them, they cannot say the same 

Ronald Villiers

They hate it because they know at the back of their minds that they're going to get pumped by us.  We're like kryptonite to them.  I would be mortified if we had such a poor Derby record.  

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Broken.

Screenshot_20210911-113040_Chrome.jpg

Free publicity in the evening news and sportsound?  Where is he getting that from when sportsound help with the hibs flair myth and evening news is nothing but hibs fans? 

Deluded beyond belief. 

58 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

And who can blame them! 😉

186CD8E9-34A3-457F-9CCF-1328F1AEA5B1.jpeg

Just now, Ronald Villiers said:

Poor Ekhibee needs therapy.  A prime example of a lifetime of torture at our hands.

Seen his heroes humiliated by us so many times he just pretends we don’t exist. 

No wonder they hate it.

came to Tynecastle to relegate us and ended up relegated themselves .  Embarrasing isn’t even close to describing them.

They are the gift that keeps giving.  I love Derby’s absolutely love them

Win , Draw or Lose we never go into a derby with any thought other than a win is what is expected of us as a club. Our fans should never go in with any thought other than we expect a win.  The Hibs fans can hope for a win or a draw , we will never be hoping for a win or a draw.

Its not arrogance either , we know we wont win them all however the mentality of that is bred through 140+ years of results. 

Ronald Villiers
21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Seen his heroes humiliated by us so many times he just pretends we don’t exist. 

Totally.  Guy needs help.  He probably checks under his bed for Robbo or Rudi before he goes to sleep.

I am unfortunate in that I remember the seventies when they held the upper hand  so I love it when we win but fear before the game because of past experience 

10 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

“Personally wouldn't mind if we never played them again”

:verysmug:

11 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

“Personally wouldn't mind if we never played them again”

:verysmug:

That’s the bit that got me when he said play us 99% of the time they are just there to make up the numbers 🤣

11 minutes ago, sadj said:

Win , Draw or Lose we never go into a derby with any thought other than a win is what is expected of us as a club. Our fans should never go in with any thought other than we expect a win.  The Hibs fans can hope for a win or a draw , we will never be hoping for a win or a draw.

Its not arrogance either , we know we wont win them all however the mentality of that is bred through 140+ years of results. 

This 100% was it not Hartley that said we would not even look at them in the tunnel and we knew we had them beat before a ball was kicked 

I can understand why some spoon burners would hate the derby. It is more often than not a traumatic experience for them.

Personally I think it's a great fixture. Beating Hibernian never gets old.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

I am unfortunate in that I remember the seventies when they held the upper hand  so I love it when we win but fear before the game because of past experience 

Me too, it’s the fear of losing that makes the wins all the sweeter. I used to like going to somewhere in Leith pre match just to give it a bit more of an edge. 

Just now, Kyle1874 said:

This 100% was it not Hartley that said we would not even look at them in the tunnel and we knew we had them beat before a ball was kicked 

Not sure , but I love the sound of that. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Me too, it’s the fear of losing that makes the wins all the sweeter. I used to like going to somewhere in Leith pre match just to give it a bit more of an edge. 

You can F off ya miserable sod 🤣🤣🤣 Fear of Losing…. Never fear losing to Hibs any loss is temporary our dominance of them is permanent.. 

For any Hobbits looking in - 140+ years of competition and we have more wins at your ground than you do , there have been more draws than you have wins. You may draw games and even win some but you will never be Heart Of Midlothian…

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, sadj said:

You can F off ya miserable sod 🤣🤣🤣 Fear of Losing…. Never fear losing to Hibs any loss is temporary our dominance of them is permanent.. 

For any Hobbits looking in - 140+ years of competition and we have more wins at your ground than you do , there have been more draws than you have wins. You may draw games and even win some but you will never be Heart Of Midlothian…

😆 I hate losing to them that much it’s scarred me, on the rare occasion it’s happened. 

Spitonastranger
54 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Free publicity in the evening news and sportsound?  Where is he getting that from when sportsound help with the hibs flair myth and evening news is nothing but hibs fans? 

Deluded beyond belief. 

He also says that he doesn't read the paper or listen to the show, fud

Interesting that not many home Derby wins recently.   4th Derby of 17/18 was the last one.

Of course, there hasn't been a derby for almost a year and that was netrual venue. 

Reading their thread at my .net  it’s no wonder they brown their kegs every derby. How can they expect their players to man up when their fans have a fear / dread.

We fully expect our teams to go out and 100%  win.  If they don’t they know about it.

Hibs just accept it 🤣🤣 pathetic but hugely entertaining 

43 minutes ago, sadj said:

I think it's more the fear of embarrassment in losing to them.  

No hearts fan should dread a derby though.  

9 minutes ago, gjcc said:

It’s an old pic. 143-86 now. 

That was after the cup game with the bundled winner wasnt it?

Edited by sadj

2 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Deluded beyond belief. 

How would he/she know as he/she then goes on to say they don’t listen to or read the two outlets mentioned🤷🏻‍♂️

@spitonastranger beat me to it  

Edited by 3fingersreid

1 hour ago, Spitonastranger said:

He also says that he doesn't read the paper or listen to the show, fud

...and never seen a game but still goes on about them playing football the right way. 

2 hours ago, Section N Rules said:

To be fair to them if we had been slapped about silly by them for the last 40 years I'd hate the derby too.

😀, brilliant.

I normally don't like bringing up stuff before a derby but the hibby that likes the trip to Tynie must have a distorted sense of humour.

Since we set out on 17 in a row in 83-84, they’ve only won 9 times in 64 league games at Tynie.  

They’ve won on the last 2 visits, so that run needs stopped ASAP.  

2 hours ago, H2 said:

We have not played them 21 times in this decade have we, I must have missed a few.

This this table may be a wee bit out of date 🤷‍♂️

Guest ToqueJambo

Every HIbs fan I know dreads the two games most football fans look forward to - cup finals and derbies. They approach every one expecting to lose. Wonder why?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
54 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I normally don't like bringing up stuff before a derby but the hibby that likes the trip to Tynie must have a distorted sense of humour.

Since we set out on 17 in a row in 83-84, they’ve only won 9 times in 64 league games at Tynie.  

They’ve won on the last 2 visits, so that run needs stopped ASAP.  

The sad thing (for them) is two in a row is a good run for them.