Hibs New Partnership - Sportemon Go

Gorgieshed

31 minutes ago, Gilberts Fridge said:

If you notice, the font on their shirt was not the same as the NHS logo so whilst it was laudable to thank the NHS on their shirts, there appears to have been no agreement from the NHS to use their actual brand or logo.

Bandwagon, the, on and Jumping spring to mind  

It was the NHS England logo they used instead of NHS Scotland!  Another epic fail!

EDIT - not quite sure what the hell has happened with the logos - PC going daft...

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Mrs C

2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Have a read at their FAQ on the topic and it will leave you none the wise.

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hib-fan-token-on-pre-sale

What Is The Hib$ Fan Token?

A Fan Token is a valued VIP Fandom membership in the form of a cryptocurrency.

HIB$ Fan Token Holders could receive premium and priority access to a range of Hibernian FC specific Fandom membership perks, competitions, iGames and loyalty benefits.

So that clears that up. When you get down to it, it sounds like this company are sponsoring the club and then raffling off the sponsor benefits. But all wrapped up in some cryptocurrency mumbo jumbo that allows other people to profit off Hibs fans in the process.

Just from an outside perspective, there's more to this than meets the eye. I've been trading cryptocurrencies since 2010(ish) and it's a completely unregulated market.

That means all the usual price manipulation tactics are perfectly legal (most common being whaling) as well as "pump and dumps" - there's nothing to stop this company or some random dude on the other side of the planet from doing either.

I think the Hibs administration pushing this is misinformed at best and shady at worst and that's before we even get into the blatant astroturfing that was going on over on Twitter when this was announced.

8 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

HIB$ Fan Token Holders could receive premium and priority access to a range of Hibernian FC specific Fandom membership perks, competitions, iGames and loyalty benefits.

So that clears that up. When you get down to it, it sounds like this company are sponsoring the club and then raffling off the sponsor benefits. But all wrapped up in some cryptocurrency mumbo jumbo that allows other people to profit off Hibs fans in the process.

I thought it was just me but the more I read about it the more I realise how vague it all is. 

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Hibs fan on Twitter saying it's a dodgy company and not in line with the ethos of the club...

:what:

They clowns genuinely believe that they are Edinburgh's moral compass.

The Holy, saintly Hibernians who play, support and live the right way.

It's funny, and slightly alarming, that they really do believe it.

5 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Top Cat: Over 20 questions and answers | It's A Stampede!

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

Excellent!

😄

Sportemon Go?  They are taking the absolute piss with that name. 

I can see Niantic and Nintendo raking them over the coals for that infringement, seeing as it's clearly a name rip of Pokémon Go and could arguably be trying to ride the SEO of a much more popular but similar search result.  The difference is, that at least one is enormously popular. 

It sounds like a complete con for absolute morons who don't know what they're doing, and think it will be the next Bitcoin. 

It won't. 

PhoenixHearts

Don't know what's worse, the fact it's an obvious scam or the fact their name is an embarrassing play on "Pokemon Go" which hasn't been relevant or popular for the best part of 5 years now.

2 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Don't know what's worse, the fact it's an obvious scam or the fact their name is an embarrassing play on "Pokemon Go" which hasn't been relevant or popular for the best part of 5 years now.

I still play Pokémon Go :lol:

:sob:

(to be fair, it's actually still very popular with an active fan base) 

19 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Sportemon Go?  They are taking the absolute piss with that name. 

Take away the Sporte then

Blazing Saddles - what a movie!

4 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

How many billion hibs tokens is Doig worth?

In the current market Doig would be worth..... 1x burnt spoon, 22 ml of methadone, 1 x well ridden sister and 2 x hib$ fan tokens.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

I've no idea what it all means, and I doubt any Hibs fan could do any more than guess at what the 'range of Hibernian FC specific Fandom* membership perks' might be (I'd guess the type of perks where more money has to be spent before they become yours) but I do know the most important word in that statement is the one I've put in bold.

*Fandom, is that something a Hibs supporter puts on the end of it to stop his sister getting... 

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

What’s every Hibs fans favourite Pokemon?

Peekatyou 🤣

I'd go with:

SM2_EN_50.png

Jambo in Bathgate
5 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Correct an attention seeking  attempt to replicate our charitable work with the cost passed on to the fantasist fans 

👍

I think this decisions just shows how much respect the owner has for the fans,  and how much he rates their intellectual capacity (he has a point there though!).    To be fair there is strong opposition to this on hibs.net and some are definitely seeing the risks of a foreign owner - think their eyes have just been opened.       Ron the Con has a mark against his name and I reckon they'll see more from him to worry them before too long.   Hibs have plateaued on and off the field - we're passing them on the way up which is marvellous.

Guest ToqueJambo

Had a look at the Twitter replies to Hibs promotion of this - it's overrun by bots or followers of this currency or whatever the **** it is. That's seriously dodgy and a massive brand fail. This on top of other Ron Gordon decisions, especially the fact Hibs hired a guy who was slated at Norwich for this kind of toxic commercial deal, doesn't exactly bode well. He's clearly tone deaf when it comes to understanding football culture in Scotland and the image Hibs fans have of their own team.

Popcorn time.

As for changing their club name for this "promotion" by adding a dollar sign (not even a currency Hibs fans use FFS) - cringe, tin pot, etc, etc....

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
8 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

"Fandom" 🤣

HIB$ 🤣🤮 Brings back memories of the old "HIVS" back in the Trainspotting days.

Edited by ToqueJambo

4 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

They’ve found a target audience!

F8DCBDF6-0678-4A81-961C-23133220CB9A.jpeg

Oh wait…

B447A64B-C16D-4359-B063-2F0BD9982A5D.jpeg

Think I’m right in saying .net is the new sponsor of the Fibs under 16 team.

All making sense.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Is a Hibs Fandom what a Hibs fan wears to protect his sister, or is that called a RonTheConDom?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Is a Hibs Fandom what a Hibs fan wears to protect his sister, or is that called a RonTheConDom?

A new strain of Hibs fan has emerged - the HIB$ Fandan.

18 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Think I’m right in saying .net is the new sponsor of the Fibs under 16 team.

All making sense.

His daughter didn’t ask him for that at all. Some lies are just so obvious. 

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

A new strain of Hibs fan has emerged - the HIB$ Fandan.

I still prefer the old, traditional - H1b5 *****.

Kalamazoo Jambo
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

His daughter didn’t ask him for that at all. Some lies are just so obvious. 

To be fair, the vast majority of Hibs fans seem to realize this is all nonsense. It will be interesting whether they see it as indicative of bigger problems at the club though. I suspect they’re heading in that direction.

Guest ToqueJambo

They've also launched a "Hibs Hypermarket" 🤣

Get yer hype here.... https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/hibernian-announce-new-shopping-and-rewards-platform-hibs-hypermarket-powered-by-fantastic-fanatics

Hmmm, do I go for the Porteous valued at 1m hype or the Doig interesting Man City hype. I know I'll just take one "Oli Shaw is the best young striker in Europe" please

Just now, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

To be fair, the vast majority of Hibs fans seem to realize this is all nonsense. It will be interesting whether they see it as indicative of bigger problems at the club though. I suspect they’re heading in that direction.

The last transfer window and their half hearted last, last gasp attempts to land decent players would’ve set alarm bells ringing if I were them. 

Jambo in Bathgate
45 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Had a look at the Twitter replies to Hibs promotion of this - it's overrun by bots or followers of this currency or whatever the **** it is. That's seriously dodgy and a massive brand fail. This on top of other Ron Gordon decisions, especially the fact Hibs hired a guy who was slated at Norwich for this kind of toxic commercial deal, doesn't exactly bode well. He's clearly tone deaf when it comes to understanding football culture in Scotland and the image Hibs fans have of their own team.

Popcorn time.

As for changing their club name for this "promotion" by adding a dollar sign (not even a currency Hibs fans use FFS) - cringe, tin pot, etc, etc....

Looks like Hibs fans are trying to pee off Ron the Con. How long before he pulls out? Maybe we should suggest (like Hibs email to Lithuania) to Ron what uses he could put Easter Road to get his money back. 

3 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Looks like Hibs fans are trying to pee off Ron the Con. How long before he pulls out? Maybe we should suggest (like Hibs email to Lithuania) to Ron what uses he could put Easter Road to get his money back. 

Ski slope.

gorgie rd eh11
3 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

The vast majority of hibs fans have no idea what this is and still think Ron is here because he cares. 

**** them.

Kalamazoo Jambo
18 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

The vast majority of hibs fans have no idea what this is and still think Ron is here because he cares. 

**** them.

Fair :laugh:

21 hours ago, tian447 said:

It sounds like a complete con for absolute morons who don't know what they're doing, and think it will be the next Bitcoin. 

Shitcoin more like

Ex member of the SaS

Now that Sevco are on board you KNOW it's a con. Personally too old to understand half this interweb jargon so even if Hearts joined in I would not!

39 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Now that Sevco are on board you KNOW it's a con. Personally too old to understand half this interweb jargon so even if Hearts joined in I would not!

Ex 

The problem is the young don’t understand it either but are gullible enough to be fooled into the glitz of it - and will lose their shirt. 
Warren Buffett the biggest and most successful investor ever says it’s not impossible to make money from these investments but the price is driven solely on sentiment alone which is not possible to predict. So he (and me) are out. 

PhoenixHearts
On 22/10/2021 at 12:39, tian447 said:

I still play Pokémon Go :lol:

:sob:

(to be fair, it's actually still very popular with an active fan base) 

Aye, an active fan base of weebs 🤐😅