Doncaster (or Scarborough) 🙂

John Montgomery

John Montgomery

We're in Doncaster for a couple of nights and our train leaves on Sunday just after the derby finishes. Does anyone know a pub near the railway station where we can watch the derby on Sunday?

In terms of Scarborough you go down the main drag to the harbour which is a couple of minutes from the station there's rather unbelievably a Rangers pub on the left as you go down the hill. You can't miss it as it looks like the Louden Tavern ramped up to 11. I'm sure they will show Scottish games but it isn't a place I'd choose to spend any time. 

John Montgomery

Thanks everybody, we'll try Tut & Shive. Sorry Sassenach we have our tickets.

To everybody else who commented on the thread subject it was about Doncaster the town but the title was about a gag in Sweet FA the play that was at Tynecastle.

John Montgomery
14 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Thought it was a thread about that roaster from the SPFL and wondered who Scarborough was 🤣🤣🤣

😊

Seriously it was about the town but the thread was the crack about him in Sweet FA.

wheatfieldtosheffield
2 hours ago, John Montgomery said:

Thanks everybody, we'll try Tut & Shive. Sorry Sassenach we have our tickets.

To everybody else who commented on the thread subject it was about Doncaster the town but the title was about a gag in Sweet FA the play that was at Tynecastle.

Don't be intimidated by the Union Jack and St George's flags on the outside. They only went up for Euro 2020(1), and (I hope) are not representative of particular political views held by the regulars. Although I would (like in any pub in Englandshire) not immediately seek to engage fellow pubgoers in conversations about political matters such as Brexit or devolution. Hope you are enjoying the St Leger!

18 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I wouldn't go anywhere near a place called Doncaster.

I had to. It was the affiliated town of Hms Andromeda, I had to go to a civic reception at the Town Hall, this was around 1987. I thought the Germans were still bombing the place.

John Montgomery
On 10/09/2021 at 20:37, wheatfield to sheffield said:

Tut & Shive https://www.greeneking-pubs.co.uk/pubs/south-yorkshire/tut-n-shive/ decent good old fashioned reliable pub very close to Doncaster station (like 2 mins away and one of those is waiting for the pedestrian crossing) and their website says the game will be on

Thanks Wheatfield to Sheffield. We're in Tut & Shive now. Game was on when we came in.

On 10/09/2021 at 17:22, Tazio said:

Was in Scarborough just before Covid struck and walked passed this gaff. Had to look twice - I thought I was seeing things. It was the sort of thing I’d seen in Glasgow or Belfast. Never imagined I’d see something like that in England. Disappointing. 🤮