Cameron Devlin

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/cameron-devlin-i-was-in-tears-getting-uk-visa-i-watched-hearts-beat-hibs-5-1-and-now-i-want-my-dream-to-become-reality-3377281

Great wee interview with Devlin, he might not succeed at the club but it wont be from lack of trying and determination. 

Certainly feels its a great honour to be at the club and big for his career. Also been told all about the derby by everyone since he arrived and Ryan McGowan keeps telling him about his goal in 5-1.

I think it will take a few games to get up to speed with the game here but I look forward to seeing what he does.

Probably out of all the signings (beni and Woodburn included) I think this one might very well be the best. Just a feeling.  

If his skill matches his attitude ……. 😎

I like how we educate the players about the Derby, let's hope it has sunk in with them all, and they let Hibs know on Sunday.

7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I like how we educate the players about the Derby, let's hope it has sunk in with them all, and they let Hibs know on Sunday.

I have no doubt Gowser will have been in his ear, drumming it into him. Gowser absolutely loved beating the wee team. 

StevenNaismith

I’ve watched him train a couple of times since he’s arrived and his energy levels are something else. Very sharp and with a low centre of gravity. I’d imagine he will be an absolute pest to play against. 

Feels like Ryan McGowan.  I do hope so.  

Edited by Tasavallan

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Leave them in a room with Gary Locke for 30 mins and thats sorted.

I wonder if the vermin's management show their players B/W footage of the 7-0 game to get them motivated.  The voices of Bill Tennent and Arthur Montford must raise spirits.

24 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I wonder if the vermin's management show their players B/W footage of the 7-0 game to get them motivated.  The voices of Bill Tennent and Arthur Montford must raise spirits.

I believe it was on the BBC and Alex Alexander 😉

wattie exploited
28 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

ahahahahahahaha  brilliant :rifle:

30 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

more chance it would be on a flick book

8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Sorry Johnny. Was it Alastair?  Perhaps I am wrong or you had a brief lapse in concentration.   Either way . .  FTH.

Sunday will be an eye opener for the lad. A full stadium of fans who have been locked up for two years near enough, starved of their fix.

Sink or swim young man. I think you’re up to the challenge, become a hero. 

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Sunday will be an eye opener for the lad. A full stadium of fans who have been locked up for two years near enough, starved of their fix.

Sink or swim young man. I think you’re up to the challenge, become a hero. 

Is he in contention for a start?

5 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Sorry Johnny. Was it Alastair?  Perhaps I am wrong or you had a brief lapse in concentration.   Either way . .  FTH.

Aye him as well😁

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Is he in contention for a start?

No idea mate. Sitting watching it from the side can go either way if he was to come on though 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
56 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Given who we're playing, Bill Tennant's alleged comment about ***** Craddock's baking demonstration "I hope all your doughnuts turn out like *****'s" seems doubly appropriate for Sunday.

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Has anyone here seen Devlin play?

I’m sure one of resident fantasists claimed he watched Devlin play on BT Sport or something.

FWIW…..I didn’t believe him.

I could have seen him.  He played for my local club.  But I didn't because I don't support them.  I do hear however that Phoenix supporters were highly impressed with him.  Played very well and very consistent.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

If you count training then yes. If not then no.

Would you say he has a shout of starting?

I think him and Beni together could be immense.

21 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I agree think they could both be immense,  but I think he will be on the bench with Mackay on Sunday 

7 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Feels like Ryan McGowan.  I do hope so.  

I just like the general Aussie approach to sport. They seem to have a work ethic and belief in their ability driven into them from a young age across all sports. As said above, it might not work for him but I doubt it’ll be from lack of effort. 

33 minutes ago, Zico said:

I just like the general Aussie approach to sport. They seem to have a work ethic and belief in their ability driven into them from a young age across all sports. As said above, it might not work for him but I doubt it’ll be from lack of effort. 

A let of truth in that from my experience.  The cricketers at the top level take it far too far but that's another story.

From what I've heard he is very self confident and his work ethic is outstanding.

I also think we are on a winner here.

A bit of ability with passion and effort get players a long way at Hearts. Ryan McGowan being the obvious comparison. He didn’t have the greatest natural ability but he endeared himself to the suport with attitude and effort. 

StevenNaismith
2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He could but the type of manager RN is I doubt he will. I reckon it’ll be the same starting XI against Dundee Utd with the possible exception of Kingsley coming back in probably in place of Halliday.

10 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Has anyone here seen Devlin play?

I stay in nz. The local football team I’m in, 2 of the boys are Phoenix supporters, one has a ST. 
I haven’t personally seen him play, per se, but I have been getting in their ear about him, and they literally cream theirselves talking about him. They say he is great at moving the ball and an absolute nightmare out of possession for the opposition 

His energy levels are supposed to be something else. The boys reckon he will be a fans favourite in no time at all. 

4 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

I stay in nz. The local football team I’m in, 2 of the boys are Phoenix supporters, one has a ST. 
I haven’t personally seen him play, per se, but I have been getting in their ear about him, and they literally cream theirselves talking about him. They say he is great at moving the ball and an absolute nightmare out of possession for the opposition 

His energy levels are supposed to be something else. The boys reckon he will be a fans favourite in no time at all. 

I live up in Auckland, I went to a couple of Phoeinx matches with a mate when they played up here at Eden Park last year, Devlin played both times and from what I saw he was decent, looked like he had bags of energy and could run all day,  looked like one of Pheonixes better players, I think he will do well for hearts, I was also impressed with the standard of the A league, Phoenix had Garry hooper and Stephen Taylor in the team at that point too.

7 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

He could but the type of manager RN is I doubt he will. I reckon it’ll be the same starting XI against Dundee Utd with the possible exception of Kingsley coming back in probably in place of Halliday.

Tend to agree and we won’t get what we want to see...but I’m sure in time we will.  

Tbf to Neilson, I could understand him not making many changes.  It’s a winning team on form. As much as it sends a message to the players in possession of the jersey, it also lets the rest of the squad know he’s fair and there’s no favouritism.  

Clarity is important for squad harmony and moving forward. 

9 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Are you referring to the cave paintings?

Oi ! I was at that game:( 

mores the pity.

:smug: revenge was sweet the September after.

FTH

19 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Sorry John, it was STV.  I have continued flashbacks of Bill Tennent telling us the HT score of 5-0 (at advert break) and me naively believing Hearts would still win 6-5.

10 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Sorry John, it was STV.  I have continued flashbacks of Bill Tennent telling us the HT score of 5-0 (at advert break) and me naively believing Hearts would still win 6-5.

Funny how the memory plays tricks as I'm convinced it was Alastair Alexander on the BBC lol. Happy to settle for Bill Tennent.

23 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Probably out of all the signings (beni and Woodburn included) I think this one might very well be the best. Just a feeling.  

If his skill matches his attitude ……. 😎

Agreed.  Really excited to see him. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Robbie started both Beni and Ben when they were just in the door - he has also said that the aim was to sign starters that I improved the team. 

I agree that Halliday seems undropable but I think Devlin may start tomorrow with the same sort of plan as they had for Beni. He gets at least an hour. More if he is doing well and isn’t blowing.

He said in the press Devlin would be involved. Would imagine from the bench?

I’m looking forward to seeing him playing this season, Woodburn and McKay too..

10 minutes ago, south morocco said:

He said in the press Devlin would be involved. Would imagine from the bench?

I’m looking forward to seeing him playing this season, Woodburn and McKay too..

I am always happy when we have a "Mackay" in the side.  

10 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I live up in Auckland, I went to a couple of Phoeinx matches with a mate when they played up here at Eden Park last year, Devlin played both times and from what I saw he was decent, looked like he had bags of energy and could run all day,  looked like one of Pheonixes better players, I think he will do well for hearts, I was also impressed with the standard of the A league, Phoenix had Garry hooper and Stephen Taylor in the team at that point too.

Aye mate. Same. I’m up in Auckland as well. Never took in one A league game since I’ve been here. Like I said, the boys raved about him but I couldn’t tell u anything about the standard of league or player.

I had my ST at Tynie every year before I moved here but just never bothered taking in some of the A league games.  

7 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Funny how the memory plays tricks as I'm convinced it was Alastair Alexander on the BBC lol. Happy to settle for Bill Tennent.

Bill "I hope your donuts all turn out like fann**s" Tennent

Edited by Tasavallan

On 10/09/2021 at 13:16, StevenNaismith said:

I’ve watched him train a couple of times since he’s arrived and his energy levels are something else. Very sharp and with a low centre of gravity. I’d imagine he will be an absolute pest to play against. 

That sounds very much like a certain Mickey Cameron. If Devlin is half the player he was then we will have a real find.