World of Football

Dazo

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Won’t make a difference if the owner has sold it 

You don’t think it will make a difference to a housing developer if the petition is successful in blocking houses being developed? Bizarre 

5 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Issue for renters who want to buy is saving the deposit, which is a minimum of 10 percent. Basically at least £20,000 for a 2 bedroom flat in Edinburgh. Daughter and her boyfriend bought an ex council flat in Balgreen for about £210,000 about 3 months ago. 

That’s incredible 

5 hours ago, the general said:

Rumours around that the old picture house / church next to MHSC is earmarked for student accommodation too

More help for students 😡😡

59 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

You don’t think it will make a difference to a housing developer if the petition is successful in blocking houses being developed? Bizarre 

It won’t be successful 

the deal is done already 

people have to move on mate 

jack D and coke

I spoke to a guy today who said it’s not happening apparently. He plays there a bit knows someone who knows someone who’s involved in this. 
Hopefully that’ll turn out to be right enough anyway, Edinburgh council need to think about its residents a bit more. Utter tossers. 

48 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I spoke to a guy today who said it’s not happening apparently. He plays there a bit knows someone who knows someone who’s involved in this. 
Hopefully that’ll turn out to be right enough anyway, Edinburgh council need to think about its residents a bit more. Utter tossers. 

I doubt it 

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

It won’t be successful 

the deal is done already 

people have to move on mate 

The corn exchange area is for Business use only at the moment. They need to apply for a change of use from the council. That’s part isn’t done already, so you are wrong m8. Soz

4 hours ago, EIEIO said:

All three schools have roofs and glass in them due to open in 2023 , I think. First phase of 85 acre public park opens this month. Motorway junction  is approved and some preliminary works completed. Again I think it's about a year to 18 months until all phases are complete. Because there is a development company with private and public sector cash its coordinated and not left up to individual developers to provide community facilities. Only bug bear is the railway station which has no timescale as Scottish government are carrying out a review of the western approaches to Haymarket. Quite frustrating as there are two railway lines in Winchburgh.

Cheers, good to hear it's progressing. The motorway junction would be superb, would take a lot of pressure off Kirkliston Cross, which is currently a nightmare. 

AlphonseCapone
5 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

How many on here have actually used it in the last year though 

Probably not that many so best for it to be used for something else now 

Twice a week. Always busy there. Plenty on this thread alone stating they use it. You should learn to know what you're talking about before speaking, otherwise people might assume you're a moron. 

20 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Twice a week. Always busy there. Plenty on this thread alone stating they use it. You should learn to know what you're talking about before speaking, otherwise people might assume you're a moron. 

Think that ship has sailed….

Incredible to think somebody on here thinks Edinburgh needs more student accommodation and less recreational facilities.

Tuned to the feckin moon

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Might assume you say

:kirk:

18 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Yeah I think you’ll, see areas begin to join up and the green belt filled in. It’s not inconceivable that somewhere like kirkliston, Newbridge and Ratho could almost all join up/become connected, You have houses coming down from riccarton which could go towards ratho and out towards the calders. 

*I’ll be honest I have no idea where everyone is coming from for the housing demand.

*Really.

On 09/09/2021 at 22:35, Ked said:

I'm comfortable just.

My mates daughter works in care industry.

Has a flat and he is constantly bailing her out.

She worked throughout pandemic has no money for fun.

It's a joke .There needs a look at Edunburghs cost of living .

By the way the student accommodation isnt cheap.

Together with high rents dear cost of living higher ni contributions and a higher rate if tax once you get over the 42 grand mark we are being robbed.

The working poor is a reality and the political class are ignoring it at their peril.

Ripe for a step in from some reactionary party.

The SNP have lost touch.

Good luck mate I cannot give you advice because theres not much option.

Work longer and the rats just tax you harder.

The talk of 4 day weeks is a bag of shite amongst the reality.

On 09/09/2021 at 22:52, luckyBatistuta said:

Sorry to hear that Locky, hopefully something positive is around the corner for you. They just don’t seem to care about the hard working residents, as long as the students and tourists are ok🙄😤😡

Thanks guys. Not been easy but hoping it gets better. Starting tomorrow. 🇱🇻