Hammer drill recommendation

AlimOzturk

5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Might end up with another battery to swap over as well. 

Depending how much you need to do you'd need it! Lets put it this way, when was the last time you saw a tradesman using Black And Decker? De Walt or Makita make decent guns that would do home DIY happily enough, though if you're going into stonework as opposed to brick corded is better unless you want to spend big bucks. Lots of deals out there if you shop around and a spare battery is essential so look for a package that includes that. 

14 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Needing to buy a drill. Will be doing a fair bit of DIY in the near future and need to drill into masonry. Looking for an all rounder cordless one. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09C24F6YB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_PJ8P32RK3TWH79MSAKKA?psc=1

Thinking this one with the accessories as well. 

Bigger the voltage of the battery the better for brick.

I only use De Walt.

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Bigger the voltage of the battery the better for brick.

I only use De Walt.

And the capacity of the battery. A lot of companies sell with the lowest spec battery and you end up having to upgrade them or replace them pretty soon. Ryobi and Bosch do decent guns in the OP's budget area. I always used Panasonic but the newer ones don't seem as good as the old ones, now I use the ones the company provide which are Makita.

12 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Depending how much you need to do you'd need it! Lets put it this way, when was the last time you saw a tradesman using Black And Decker? De Walt or Makita make decent guns that would do home DIY happily enough, though if you're going into stonework as opposed to brick corded is better unless you want to spend big bucks. Lots of deals out there if you shop around and a spare battery is essential so look for a package that includes that. 

Aii been thinking about getting a corded gun for the Massonary work and a decent all rounder for the other the other stuff. It’s proper old school brick walls that’s I am having to drill into. 

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Aii been thinking about getting a corded gun for the Massonary work and a decent all rounder for the other the other stuff. It’s proper old school brick walls that’s I am having to drill into. 

Consider buying a better quality drill/driver and hiring a proper SDS drill for the brickwork. SDS drills are different level to attempting it with normal drills. For a start they are proper hammer action which a lot of advertised hammer drills aren't. 

Mr Brightside
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Needing to buy a drill. Will be doing a fair bit of DIY in the near future and need to drill into masonry. Looking for an all rounder cordless one. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09C24F6YB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_PJ8P32RK3TWH79MSAKKA?psc=1

Might be better with an SDS drill for masonry. I have a de Walt 18v cordless drill and sds drill which between them cover almost all diy jobs.

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

DeWalt or Makita. Don’t waste your time or money on anything else. 18v with  5.0Ah battery will easily cover all your diy needs including drilling into brick/masonry. 

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

DeWalt or Makita. Don’t waste your time or money on anything else. 18v with  5.0Ah battery will easily cover all your diy needs including drilling into brick/masonry. 

DEWALT 18V CORDLESS LITHIUM LXT COMBI DRILL,DRILL DRIVER WITH HAMMER ACTION FACILITY COMPLETE WITH LITHIUM BATTERY,FAST CHARGER,HEAVY DUTY CARRYING CASE https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SHIFXZY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_RTQTMF7BK94MY80N8G9P

Think I’ll just go all out and buy this one. 

33 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

DEWALT 18V CORDLESS LITHIUM LXT COMBI DRILL,DRILL DRIVER WITH HAMMER ACTION FACILITY COMPLETE WITH LITHIUM BATTERY,FAST CHARGER,HEAVY DUTY CARRYING CASE https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SHIFXZY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_RTQTMF7BK94MY80N8G9P

Think I’ll just go all out and buy this one. 

Shit battery mate. Bare minimum for home diy I wouldn’t go lower than 2.0Ah but ideally 4 or 5. 

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Shit battery mate. Bare minimum for home diy I wouldn’t go lower than 2.0Ah but ideally 4 or 5. 

Yip.

I’ve got one of them but only for stuff like decking etc. Bigger battery needed.

For brick, 36V Bosch SDS.

If your just doing diy, you could try Aldi/Lidl, both do a range of power tools and have good returns policy. I would echo the corded sds for larger masonry.

I just bought this one yesterday after some research, I purposely bought a chorded one as I am drilling a bunch of holes in concrete, sorry I can't give feedback yet:

https://www.amazon.ca/Bosch-1191VSRK-120-Volt-2-Inch-Variable/dp/B000VZJGAO/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=hammer+drill&qid=1631216989&sr=8-6

Edited by gator

Mr Brightside
37 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I have that one but wasn’t powerful enough for masonry walls so ended up buying a cordeless SDS drill as well and could swap the batteries between both drills.

6 hours ago, Ked said:

Sorry not what they used to be.

Mind when they had the big feck off battery. They were class. I couldn't find the picture, so used this. :D

I have a dwalt. I wouldn't use it for continuous drilling, tho 

8 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

I have that one but wasn’t powerful enough for masonry walls so ended up buying a cordeless SDS drill as well and could swap the batteries between both drills.

What are you drilling into ? We have just changed over from dewalt to Makita but with a combination of impact drivers and combi drillls and I can’t remember when we last used a wired sds drill. 

Depends on what he is doing but this is for home diy. Decent, powerful Combi drill should be fine. 

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

What are you drilling into ? We have just changed over from dewalt to Makita but with a combination of impact drivers and combi drillls and I can’t remember when we last used a wired sds drill. 

Depends on what he is doing but this is for home diy. Decent, powerful Combi drill should be fine. 

Old red bricks and modern engineered bricks. Might be that the battery wasn’t powerful enough 18v 3.0ah

Further to my above post about the Bosch Hammer Drill I bought from Amazon, I used this today to drill holes for Tapcons in exposed aggregate, this is a chorded drill with a 7 amp motor and worked great, I was attempting to do this with a less powerful cordless and the difference is like night and day! For the price I would highly recommend this drill for DIY folks out there!