Janey Godley

The Ultimate Worrier

38 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Was it though? I think part of the reason that people dislike her so much is her sheer, rank hypocrisy.

One of her main claims to fame, and something that she milked for every drop she could get out of it, was her "protest" against Donald Trump. She even called him out for being a racist as well as brandishing her "Trump is a *****" sign which she is still trying to get mileage out of. I dislike Trump even more than I dislike Janey Godley but how can she call him out for racist remarks or for mocking the disabled when she has made similar or even worse comments?

I honestly think that for a while she considered becoming a female version of Sadowitz or Boyle. She then saw a niche in the pro Indy, anti Tory sphere in Scotland. This despite the fact that she was a card carrying, Thatcher loving Tory in the 80s despite the havoc they were wreaking on Scotland.

The Yes movement in general fell for it and she was able to worm her way in via appearances at rallies and those ****ing awful voiceovers. The Scottish Government and Nicola Sturgeon made a huge blunder when they started acknowledging her and NS even referred to her as her alter ego. Letting her anywhere near that Covid advert was a massive blunder and even yesterday NS should have distanced herself more instead of repeating Godley's laughable excuse for her actions.

I don't like to see anyone being picked on but at the end of the day it's only social media. Godley could easily just log off for a while but she is so desperate for attention that she can't bring herself to do it. What's happening to her is what she has done to loads of other people and she is well known for hiding behind other accounts and unleashing even more vitriol from them.

If anyone says she's not funny then they are a "misogynist, right wing, flag shagging unionist". Ironic that she uses the misogynist argument when she has been exposed as making disgraceful remarks about other women, especially the physical appearance of other women. Where does that fit in with her feminist and anti bullying stance?

She is a hypocrite of the highest order, a racist bully and her patter is absolutely ****ing honking. Hopefully she never darkens our screens again.

What a post.  

She even tried to cash in on that trump thing by selling postcards with 'trump is a *****!' written on them with a biro for 6 quid a go.

She only joined that indy stuff as she thought it gave her a wider audience and therefore more income. 

Last festival she was tweeting about going to some restaurant near the usher halll and how good the menu and prices were.  At the same time, her daughter was tweeting about how good their wine list was.  

Only in it for the coin, and that 12k might be money well spent if it's the end of her. 

Not one thing in your post that isn't true. 

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• JudyJudyJudy

• graygo

• Ron Burgundy

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

I see another prominent Independence supporter, Michael Stewart has decided that the best way to defend Godley is to criticise Rangers supporters. 

I'm all for the criticism of Rangers supporters.

Defending Godley, not so much.

46 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

This is one issue where there could be non stop whataboutery.  It's politicians we are talking about. 

Anything we can accuse one part of, the others will have done the same.

The greens up here as same as the liberals and the snp showing they are the same as the Tories when it comes to the dark arts.  

Until we look at changing from a representative system to a delegation one, they will always be at it.

Corbyn promised a more direct democracy and we heard about how he changed things within his party. 

Sturgeon promised a nationalised energy company to provide affordable energy and two years later it has just been forgotten about.

Pick a card when it comes to the Tories and lying.

Not one can be trusted to put the people who voted them in before the party. 

Antiquated shite that needs changed in these modern times.  

Very good post 

47 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

This is one issue where there could be non stop whataboutery.  It's politicians we are talking about. 

Anything we can accuse one part of, the others will have done the same.

The greens up here as same as the liberals and the snp showing they are the same as the Tories when it comes to the dark arts.  

Until we look at changing from a representative system to a delegation one, they will always be at it.

Corbyn promised a more direct democracy and we heard about how he changed things within his party. 

Sturgeon promised a nationalised energy company to provide affordable energy and two years later it has just been forgotten about.

Pick a card when it comes to the Tories and lying.

Not one can be trusted to put the people who voted them in before the party. 

Antiquated shite that needs changed in these modern times.  

Most politicians are in it for themselves really . Only ones I have admired are Tony Benn , Denis skinner, Jeremy Corbyn and probably a few others I can’t think of the now , oh yes Joanna Cherry 

11 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Most politicians are in it for themselves really . Only ones I have admired are Tony Benn , Denis skinner, Jeremy Corbyn and probably a few others I can’t think of the now , oh yes Joanna 

Corbyn was alright until he had to deliver what he promised.  That was a more direct democracy at monthly constituency meetings that surprisingly didn't materialise either. 

Tony Benn summed up the media I  this country when he said that, if 100k are protesting in red square, then it's reported here as near revolution, but if 1 million protest against the war in Iraq etc, then it's reported as just a protest march.

I'm chuffed there are a lot more among the millennials using what's there now for change than my generation did.  My generation only really got involved once it affected them.  

The Ultimate Worrier
1 hour ago, felix said:

You really think Godley has shown worse racism than Trump ?

What has she said ?

Has she been sued for racial discrimination, called for a Muslim ban on entering the UK or claimed Mexicans are rapist drug dealers ?

Not what I said mate. Arguably though her remarks about "spazzies" are worse than anything Trump said about disabled.

For the avoidance of doubt I dislike him even more than Janey. There's just something about her crap patter, bullying, hypocrisy, thin skin and constant need to be told that she's funny when she's anything but that really gets on my tits though.

1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

What a post.  

She even tried to cash in on that trump thing by selling postcards with 'trump is a *****!' written on them with a biro for 6 quid a go.

She only joined that indy stuff as she thought it gave her a wider audience and therefore more income. 

Last festival she was tweeting about going to some restaurant near the usher halll and how good the menu and prices were.  At the same time, her daughter was tweeting about how good their wine list was.  

Only in it for the coin, and that 12k might be money well spent if it's the end of her. 

Not one thing in your post that isn't true. 

Absolutely spot on mate. So greedy and grasping, selling those cards at such a rip off price along with her "clicky pens" and other merch, as she calls it.

I've seen similar tweets from her about hotels and other places. Obviously after a free lunch if she gives them a wee plug. So shameless and grasping.yet giving it the working class hero act but at the same time spent nearly 80 grand on her daughter's education.

During the festival in 2019 she was posting photos of where she was staying for the whole month of August. Looked like a massive flat up at Marchmont which she claimed a friend had let her use for the whole month. My arse.

I doubt she'll be on her uppers now that her career is going up in smoke so hopefully folk don't feel to much sympathy for her. At least we should be spared any more of her "comedy".

2 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Not what I said mate. Arguably though her remarks about "spazzies" are worse than anything Trump said about disabled.

For the avoidance of doubt I dislike him even more than Janey. There's just something about her crap patter, bullying, hypocrisy, thin skin and constant need to be told that she's funny when she's anything but that really gets on my tits though.

Absolutely spot on mate. So greedy and grasping, selling those cards at such a rip off price along with her "clicky pens" and other merch, as she calls it.

I've seen similar tweets from her about hotels and other places. Obviously after a free lunch if she gives them a wee plug. So shameless and grasping.yet giving it the working class hero act but at the same time spent nearly 80 grand on her daughter's education.

During the festival in 2019 she was posting photos of where she was staying for the whole month of August. Looked like a massive flat up at Marchmont which she claimed a friend had let her use for the whole month. My arse.

I doubt she'll be on her uppers now that her career is going up in smoke so hopefully folk don't feel to much sympathy for her. At least we should be spared any more of her "comedy".

Looks like after her Thatcher years, she jumped on the indy bandwagon because that demographic will bring in more money.  Guaranteed to still be a complete tory.  

As I said before.  She has been getting pulled up for these tweets for ages with her responding with bullying rather than putting her hands up and apologising.  Only sorry now as she has been caught.  

Sturgeon will regret that 'these things happen' comment.  

Aye, racism is just one of those things when they are on your side...

Good week for schadenfreude with Andy also getting it.  

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

That's an absolute cringe-fest of a t-shirt

Not think it's pure dead brilliant..?  

Weedgie culture has taken over everything.

22 hours ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

Were 9 women lying? 

That's certainly what the court verdict would suggest. 

Brown Stuff 74
18 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

That's certainly what the court verdict would suggest. 

They were charged with perverting the course of justice were they? Conviction rates are at an all time low in this country. It's an achievement in itself to get a charge through/ prosecution. 

16 minutes ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

They were charged with perverting the course of justice were they? Conviction rates are at an all time low in this country. It's an achievement in itself to get a charge through/ prosecution. 

Are you saying he was wrongly given a non guilty verdict and he done what he was charged with?

If not, what is he guilty of that he should've been convicted for? 

Dodgy ground saying a man innocent in the eyes of the law is actually guilty and should've been convicted. 

Might be a forum but still well out of order unless you are happy to find him guilty. 

8 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Are you saying he was wrongly given a non guilty verdict and he done what he was charged with?

Dodgy ground saying a man innocent in the eyes of the law is actually guilty and should've been convicted. 

Might be a forum but still well out of order unless you are happy to find him guilty. 

Well said . He was found not guilty . That’s good enough for me 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Well said . He was found not guilty . That’s good enough for me 

I wonder if he'll have the stones to say he is guilty of something specific?  

I'm no fan of Salmond but he was found not guilty. 

He is as much interested in the pound note as he is politics. 

Read his book about the run up to the referendum and see if you can get past halfway...

It's terrible.  He hates a golf course...

1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

I wonder if he'll have the stones to say he is guilty of something specific?  

I'm no fan of Salmond but he was found not guilty. 

He is as much interested in the pound note as he is politics. 

Read his book about the run up to the referendum and see if you can get past halfway...

It's terrible.  He hates a golf course...

I’m not  a massive fan of his but that trial was a stitch up from the get go 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

I’m not  a massive fan of his but that trial was a stitch up from the get go 

That was the thing that made us realise we might have a better voting system than Westminster, but we have the same politicians. 

The day her and her husband killed off any idea about a new politics in Scotland. 

Though foolishly on our part.  

Brown Stuff 74
15 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I'm saying 9 women were not lying. How badly Salmond behaved we may never know but there was a culture of bullying within the party. A bully, a creep and a sex pest - quote Gordon Jackson QC representing Alex Salmond himself. 

Just now, Auldbenches said:

That was the thing that made us realise we might have a better voting system than Westminster, but we have the same politicians. 

The day her and her husband killed off any idea about a new politics in Scotland. 

Though foolishly on our part.  

Yep . It was a conspiracy at  the highest of office . She’s just as corrupt as any in Westminster 

6 hours ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

The YES movement in general fell for it and she was able to worm her way in via appearances at rallies and those ****ing awful voiceovers. The Scottish Government and Nicola Sturgeon made a huge blunder when they started acknowledging her and NS even referred to her as her alter ego. Letting her anywhere near that Covid advert was a massive blunder and even yesterday NS should have distanced herself more instead of repeating Godley's laughable excuse for her actions

You really are trying too hard. 😁

Just now, Brown Stuff 74 said:

I'm saying 9 women were not lying. How badly Salmond behaved we may never know but there was a culture of bullying within the party. A bully, a creep and a sex pest - quote Gordon Jackson QC representing Alex Salmond himself. 

I'm not defending him, just think it's dodgy calling an innocent man guilty on social media. 

I can't be bothered with him and do think he has crossed lines in the past. He never really challenged his QC about being a pest.   I think he actually admitted to maybe 'going a wee bit to far'.

As has been said.

This wasn't about what he done, it was the murrells and their personal vendetta.  Different reasons bit they are as guilty anyone in pursuing this for nothing more than political reasons.  Also cost us a fortune and no one at fault for it. 

He's beginning to look like a Holyrood version of George Galloway in that he is doing anything to remain in the public eye and stay 'relevant'. 

16 hours ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

There's a massive difference between blindly following sex pests, bullies and wanting independence. Let's make an indy Scotland one which flies in the face of the Westminster tyranny, FPTP voting system and gets behind one which is inclusive and democratic. Stop wasting your time defending ego maniacs who abuse the trust of their immediate peers and get behind a progressive independent Scotland. 

We've already made a right mess of the representation in the Scottish Parliament so what makes you think independence would be any different from devolution?

Regional list? unrepresentative party zealots who wouldn't win an election;

Far too many MSPs meaning we have more quantity than quality;

Representation for the Greens in Govt yet they could never even hope to win a constituency seat...

Basically we are run by a bunch of trumped up local councillors and career politicians who know nothing about the real world as they've never had a real job, just jumped straight from a politics degree at Uni into politics as a career - all they know is how to maximise their expenses (benefits) claims...

1 hour ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

just because someone is found not guilty does not mean the accusers are charged.

at least we know how to sort the court case backlog just let you say guilty or not guilty

4 hours ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

You said JG has made similar or worse racist remarks or has mocked the disabled , similar or worse than Trump.. !

What racist comments has she's made, especially worse than branding Mexicans rapists, or suggesting barring Muslims from entering the UK ? 

You noted the spazzie tweet. Is that racist or just a bad choice of words like ******, loony,thicko etc . And worse than impersonating a disabled reporter on a world stage ?

You don't like her, cool.

Salmond and his lawyer BTW. Where's he branded him a sex pest  ? Can you post the video. Remember seeing it, but don't recall the direct accusation. 

13 hours ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

Where do you draw the line?

If everyone that makes claims against anyone about anything loses, the accused still guilty? 

14 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Basically we are run by a bunch of trumped up local councillors and career politicians who know nothing about the real world as they've never had a real job

Clichéd nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Savage Vince said:

Clichéd nonsense. 

I wish it was. Every time we get an election the information about the candidates tells us how our prospective MSP are almost all experienced city councillor blah-blah. The only ones who aren't are the independents who never win...All the main parties do this.

By the way, a critique is always better than a mere dismissal when you seek enter discussion. I know it is an online tactic of the Nationalists but it doesn't really add any value...

21 hours ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

Have you honestly thought that first point through? 

That's really going to encourage other women to come forward if they were sexually assaulted.  

'Remember if the jury or judge thinks they are innocent even thought we think there's enough evidence to go to court, you'll be prosecuted if they are found not guilty.'

Is that what you are saying should happen, or should've happened?

That'll help getting tbe convictions for rape up from only 6%.  

You must be trolling or stupid to think that because they haven't been prosecuted Salmond is guilty. 

The Ultimate Worrier
On 11/09/2021 at 21:06, felix said:

You said JG has made similar or worse racist remarks or has mocked the disabled , similar or worse than Trump.. !

What racist comments has she's made, especially worse than branding Mexicans rapists, or suggesting barring Muslims from entering the UK ? 

You noted the spazzie tweet. Is that racist or just a bad choice of words like ******, loony,thicko etc . And worse than impersonating a disabled reporter on a world stage ?

You don't like her, cool.

Salmond and his lawyer BTW. Where's he branded him a sex pest  ? Can you post the video. Remember seeing it, but don't recall the direct accusation. 

I said similar or worse comments, not specifically about racism. However, I don't want to repeat on here but her remarks about disabled people, Chernobyl victims, the traveller community and those from the Indian subcontinent (to name just a few) were absolutely despicable. As Nicola herself said "they were beyond the pale". If you think it's acceptable then fair enough but it says more about you. 

The fact that she "protested" against Trump for being a racist and has been exposed as making such horrific remarks herself just shows that she's a massive hypocrite as well as being chronically unfunny.

Maybe you should ask one of the people who have discussed Salmond on this thread. Not quite sure why you're asking me.

The Trump “protest” wasn’t a protest, it was a self promotion exercise. If you look at the photo she was nowhere near any other protestors and just happened to be where the photographers were. Anything to get a bit of notoriety and in the papers. 

The Ultimate Worrier
47 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The Trump “protest” wasn’t a protest, it was a self promotion exercise. If you look at the photo she was nowhere near any other protestors and just happened to be where the photographers were. Anything to get a bit of notoriety and in the papers. 

Spot on mate, it was all about her. The fact she still has it on her Twitter profile says it all.

For me, the two worst things to happen to the world in the last few years are Trump and Covid. She has shamelessly tried to profit from both.

50 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Yep, it is exactly the same as so called celebs informing paparazzi where they will be so they get their photos in the papers. Just a cynical method of self promotion

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Until now this pandemic has been nothing but an incine source for her. 

It's all about the coin with her.  

I never knew she was a Thatcherite in the past.  Ffs.  

Do you think the Record isn't reporting this story because they've already paid her for the future articles and interviews? 

What a dirty thing for a paper to cash in on.  

8 hours ago, Tazio said:

She is no comedienne . I like various types of humour from slapstick Laurel and Hardy to more sophisticated plays of Oscar Wilde / Noel Coward to Woody Allen angst on the big screen to crazy Leslie Neilson in “ the naked gun” films . However it’s a massive stretch to Consider her of any comedic value . Apart from her clothes , her hair and that annoying voice 

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

She is no comedienne . I like various types of humour from slapstick Laurel and Hardy to more sophisticated plays of Oscar Wilde / Noel Coward to Woody Allen angst on the big screen to crazy Leslie Neilson in “ the naked gun” films . However it’s a massive stretch to Consider her of any comedic value . Apart from her clothes , her hair and that annoying voice 

Woody Allen! He's got a bit history!

8 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Woody Allen! He's got a 

9 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Woody Allen! He's got a bit history!

It’s his films I like and if you read more into the whole sorry Mia Farrow saga you might find he  is innocent and she’s a vindictive mad spiteful jealous harridan . 🥸

7 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Most Nats are natural comics mind you. So many corkers over the years that never get old. 

What has this got to do with Godley other than your political viewpoint? 

45 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I like some of his stuff too. Farrow does appear to be a little deranged but Allen is not that innocent IMO. There's enough dubiety out there!

24 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

What has this got to do with Godley other than your political viewpoint? 

Godley's alleged comedy puts her on par with your dear leader's ridiculous ref2 agenda. Try and connect some dots and you might get it. Duh! 

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Godley's alleged comedy puts her on par with your dear leader's ridiculous ref2 agenda. Try and connect some dots and you might get it. Duh! 

I'm struggling to get this post.  This thread is nothing to do with independence, it's about a bsck green weedgie showing her true colours.  Nearly her true colours as she is actually a tory at heart.  

How is her racial comments related to anything to do with ref 2? 

Desperate stuff if you are using this thread to have a go at any party

Just now, Auldbenches said:

I'm struggling to get this post.  This thread is nothing to do with independence, it's about a bsck green weedgie showing her true colours.  Nearly her true colours as she is actually a tory at heart.  

How is her racial comments related to anything to do with ref 2? 

Desperate stuff if you are using this thread to have a go at any party

She was actually hired by the Toaries now and is a Toary comic, lol. 

4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

She was actually hired by the Toaries now and is a Toary comic, lol. 

I'm talking about her being a supporter of Thatcher.  

Do you mind if we just leave it?

Can't see this being a straight forward discussion. 

23 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I like some of his stuff too. Farrow does appear to be a little deranged but Allen is not that innocent IMO. There's enough dubiety out there!

Yes  the whole issue is very divisive and people either believe him or her . FWIW  there has been multiple allegations of child abuse ( emotional and physical ) against her which have never been properly investigated . Zero closure for the victims . 

1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

I'm talking about her being a supporter of Thatcher.  

Do you mind if we just leave it?

Can't see this being a straight forward discussion. 

Maybe she was quite fond of Mrs Thatch in the 80s (who knows) but she is an SNP supporter and was hired by them on that basis. Another quality signing, lol.