Janey Godley

The Ultimate Worrier

Just now, JackLadd said:

Maybe she was quite fond of Mrs Thatch in the 80s (who knows) but she is an SNP supporter and was hired by them on that basis. Another quality signing, lol. 

What has this got to do with her tweets and dodgy comments?  

There's a indy thread for this.  

You're obsessed if you are Jumping in with that stuff on this thread. 

She would happily get hired by anyone if the money is there.

This thread shouldn't be about who she supposedly supports, it's about her being a bully, using racist language and being as funny as a kick in the baws with an open toe plimsoll. 

Go to the Scottish independence thread with this and I'll discuss it there with you.

She is a right tory that is snp because it brings in the money.  

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• JudyJudyJudy

• graygo

• Ron Burgundy

On 13/09/2021 at 07:44, The Ultimate Worrier said:

I said similar or worse comments, not specifically about racism. However, I don't want to repeat on here but her remarks about disabled people, Chernobyl victims, the traveller community and those from the Indian subcontinent (to name just a few) were absolutely despicable. As Nicola herself said "they were beyond the pale". If you think it's acceptable then fair enough but it says more about you. 

The fact that she "protested" against Trump for being a racist and has been exposed as making such horrific remarks herself just shows that she's a massive hypocrite as well as being chronically unfunny.

Maybe you should ask one of the people who have discussed Salmond on this thread. Not quite sure why you're asking me.

Just can't get as worked up as you (and The Sun) over her vile and horrific language.

Sorry....and yes @Brown Stuff 74 where did you see Salmond's lawyer accusing him, like you have, of being a sex pest ? 

You might find his lawyer saying he could be seen as one, but not quite the same. Astrologers could be seen as visionaries. They're not.

The Ultimate Worrier
5 hours ago, felix said:

Just can't get as worked up as you (and The Sun) over her vile and horrific language.

Sorry....and yes @Brown Stuff 74 where did you see Salmond's lawyer accusing him, like you have, of being a sex pest ? 

You might find his lawyer saying he could be seen as one, but not quite the same. Astrologers could be seen as visionaries. They're not.

I just can't see why you keep feeling the need to defend her. She's a shit comedian, she's hijacked the yes movement for her own ends, she's a hypocrite and deserves everything she gets.

Apology accepted.

11 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

I just can't see why you keep feeling the need to defend her. She's a shit comedian, she's hijacked the yes movement for her own ends, she's a hypocrite and deserves everything she gets.

Apology accepted.

Can't really get worked up enough about her to start a thread, or froth like the Sun, over her language tbh.

The Ultimate Worrier
On 13/09/2021 at 18:26, pablo said:

Few home truths in this piece by Bonnie Prince Bob.

Some good points but a lot of it could have been written by Janey herself as it fits in with her creation myth. She claims to be a Rangers fan and part of her act is saying that a priest was allowed to **** her (Catholic) husband before she was. Rangers fans can't stand her but neither can Celtic fans but it's more to do with her piss poor "comedy" and her constant attention seeking than anything else.

31 minutes ago, felix said:

Can't really get worked up enough about her to start a thread, or froth like the Sun, over her language tbh.

The thread was just inviting discussion about the 12 grand fee, no frothing at all. You do seem to be taking any criticism of her rather too much to heart.

McGlynn The Money
On 09/09/2021 at 15:33, Auldbenches said:

Excellent news.   I see she still thinks she's the vera Lynn of the pandemic.  

I hope all she has left is bookings at the barras market.  They'll still live her there.

Not decent punchline, just her getting over footage saying shite like 'getting the messages etc' 

I hope it is on news tonight and the woke squad go for her.  

It's harry lauder territory with her. 

The "Vera Lynn" of the pandemic, love it! So true as well but according to her she was just trying to keep the nation's spirits up during the pandemic. Nothing to do with lining her own pockets, my arse!

On 09/09/2021 at 15:23, jonesy said:

No issue with her 'historical tweets'. They may well not reflect her as she is now.

What's useful is if we can find out who actually finds her funny. Gives me a heads-up to avoid them. Bit like those folk that wear Celtic tops in public. 

:spoton:

On 09/09/2021 at 14:55, Tazio said:

The only time she's ever made me smile was as I enjoyed her being massively out of her depth on Have I Got News For You. 

Why did they keep having her back on? She was like a fish out of water as you have to think on your feet and be witty. Last time she was on she just kept laughing loudly, presumably to remind everyone she was still there.

1 hour ago, McGlynn The Money said:

The "Vera Lynn" of the pandemic, love it! So true as well but according to her she was just trying to keep the nation's spirits up during the pandemic. Nothing to do with lining her own pockets, my arse!

Why did they keep having her back on? She was like a fish out of water as you have to think on your feet and be witty. Last time she was on she just kept laughing loudly, presumably to remind everyone she was still there.

i didn't realise she had been on it 4 times

Ainsley Harriott
On 13/09/2021 at 21:46, JackLadd said:

Godley's alleged comedy puts her on par with your dear leader's ridiculous ref2 agenda. Try and connect some dots and you might get it. Duh! 

Shes Nicola's alter ego remember 

42 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

"Woketopia" 

That's rich coming from BPB. 

Screenshot_20210915-192619.png

Stuart cosgrove said in off the ball he had done an article about the similarities between the bullying on social media of Godley and monika Lewinsky.   No mention of the bullying that Godley handed out to others for years.  

They are beginning to rally round her but it won't work.  She went to far and was an utter bully herself. 

No way we see her back in the mainstream media now.  Disgusting if we do. 

16 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Stuart cosgrove said in off the ball he had done an article about the similarities between the bullying on social media of Godley and monika Lewinsky.   No mention of the bullying that Godley handed out to others for years.  

They are beginning to rally round her but it won't work.  She went to far and was an utter bully herself. 

No way we see her back in the mainstream media now.  Disgusting if we do. 

Quite a few big name comedians came out in support of her when the Tweets were first uncovered. Unfortunately I think we will still be subjected to her attempts at humour.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Quite a few big name comedians came out in support of her when the Tweets were first uncovered. Unfortunately I think we will still be subjected to her attempts at humour.

I can't see her lasting long if she resurfaces.  She will not handle tbe pressure of some of the fall out from this.  How she handled things on Twitter showed that. 

It says a lot about this country and this board that a thread about a comedian has countless posts while the one about a racist/homophobic tory minister hardly gets a mention. I suppose it keeps the unionists happy though 

I am enjoying her demise way more than I should. Also the tears and snotters from Chief Mammy's gullible army trying to defend her is exquisite.

26 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I am enjoying her demise way more than I should. Also the tears and snotters from Chief Mammy's gullible army trying to defend her is exquisite.

I'm enjoying it because she deserves it.  Not the woman I dislike most in Scottish comedy the most.

That goes to that other greedy boot Karen koren. 

Edited by Auldbenches

McGlynn The Money
3 hours ago, XB52 said:

It says a lot about this country and this board that a thread about a comedian has countless posts while the one about a racist/homophobic tory minister hardly gets a mention. I suppose it keeps the unionists happy though 

The thread isn't about a comedian, it's about Janey Godley.

2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Haven't seen many people defending her tbh.

Jeffros Furios
5 hours ago, XB52 said:

:cornette:

The Ultimate Worrier
On 16/09/2021 at 13:59, Ron Burgundy said:

On 16/09/2021 at 14:23, Auldbenches said:

I'm enjoying it because she deserves it.  Not the woman I dislike most in Scottish comedy the most.

That goes to that other greedy boot Karen koren. 

Well said both.

Her 'act' and 'banter' is not "Scottish banter", it is West coast banter and I have about as much in common with that as I do a jelly fish in the sea.

An absolute cringefest of an individual.

She is way out in front ahead of ***** like the wee woman who does the Bank of Scotland Halifax adverts and that 'look at me I am camp' Craig Hill, and **** me that is saying something.

Why not get Karen Dunbar to do these kind of adverts - at least she is funny.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Her 'act' and 'banter' is not "Scottish banter", it is West coast banter and I have about as much in common with that as I do a jelly fish in the sea.

She is way out in front ahead of ***** like the wee woman who does the Bank of Scotland Halifax adverts and that 'look at me I am camp' Craig Hill, and **** me that is saying something.

It's the Dorothy Paul statement. 

'Well Glasgow humour is Scotland's humour!' 

i think the programme was about weedgie humour or the that theatre they all used to say was tough to play.

Jimmy Logan said.  'No turn unstoned'  

Watch it listen to the vast majority of comedy on bbc Scotland and nothing's changed.

It won't while they are still based in Glasgow. 

Not just comedy but everything revolves around that place.  

Edited by Auldbenches

McGlynn The Money
On 20/09/2021 at 16:05, Auldbenches said:

i think the programme was about weedgie humour or the that theatre they all used to say was tough to play.

Watch it listen to the vast majority of comedy on bbc Scotland and nothing's changed.

On 20/09/2021 at 16:05, Auldbenches said:

Not our fault you're so untalented, so untalented you had to start a festival.

Edited by ri Alban

14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You’re not even a weegie. You’re from Paisley, a place so shite even Glasgow is embarrassed by being next to it. 

12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You're right.  No one in the rest of the country will ever be as funny or talented in any way compared to people like Godley and....help me out here.

The fringe was formed by people in Edinburgh who wanted to perform.  Admittedly they weren't all originally from Glasgow, but it's not out fault that no one moves there.  

Or heaven forbid that if they do, they try and change weedgie 'culture.'  I suppose why change what is already fantastic...or risk it.

17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Paisley and you are giving to anyone else when it comes to talent.  

That drummer who now presents telly dougie something, I'll give you that.  Who beats that for talent?  

So your from paisley and kissing the weedgie arse? 

On 20/09/2021 at 14:47, i8hibsh said:

Agreed 😂

32 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

A post like this about the festival is just pure envy.   

'My name is Glasgow and I am jealous as ****'   First step to recovery.  

3 hours ago, Tazio said:

You’re not even a weegie. You’re from Paisley, a place so shite even Glasgow is embarrassed by being next to it. 

Paisley was a great wee town in the 70s and 80s. Its in a disgraceful state now. The massive shopping centres around it killed it. 

Салатные палочки
19 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Fair play, you caught a few with that one :laugh2:

23 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Fair play, you caught a few with that one :laugh2:

And sat back while idiots like myself took the bait.   Credit 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

And right on cue the vile witch has her story of redemption . Even more disgusting is that Nippoleon apparently offered her support after all the  furore 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/7802545/janey-godley-racist-tweets-nicola-sturgeon-support/

Humza must have let this one pass.  

Must be because she puts a cross by the SNP on election day.  If I had tweeted word for word her posts as a non SNP voter I would be called out as a far right racist and be getting investiagted under the hate crime bill.

JudyJudyJudy
28 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Must be because she puts a cross by the SNP on election day.  If I had tweeted word for word her posts as a non SNP voter I would be called out as a far right racist and be getting investiagted under the hate crime bill.

True 

31 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

'I nearly killed myself'  Aye, so you did 

Why the need for therapy if she is sorry and won't do it again?  

It can't be down to getting flak for it as she had been doing it to others for years?

I suppose suicidal because she thought she'd never lake any decent money again and not for guilt or shame.   She knew thede tweets were out there and only sorry because she got caught. 

If she is thst sorry she'll donate any money from the article to anti racism charities.   Will she ****.

Ps

I'm not sure if I like her.

38 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You've been worse on here for a lot less.   Women hater etc.

At least a lot of your posts were intentionally humourless, even if some didn't get it...

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

The vile unfunny cretin is just playing lip service.

The fact that she was popular sums up everything that's wrong with weedgie/Scottish main stream culture. 

I've never heard her deliver one actual punchline or constructed joke.

Just silly voices about about Sturgeon getting her messages.   

The Sunday post had better jokes 

Jeffros Furios
19 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

The fact that she was popular sums up everything that's wrong with weedgie/Scottish main stream culture. 

The only people she was popular with was the usual inbred thick weegie tramps

Horrible woman .

6 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

The only people she was popular with was the usual inbred thick weegie tramps

Horrible woman .

I'd never heard of her until I read somewhere that Sturgeon described Godley as her alter ego.

McGlynn The Money
On 26/09/2021 at 17:39, ri Alban said:

This explains a lot. I bet you find Janey Godley hilarious too.

JudyJudyJudy
7 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

It can't be down to getting flak for it as she had been doing it to others for years?

I suppose suicidal because she thought she'd never lake any decent money again and not for guilt or shame.   She knew thede tweets were out there and only sorry because she got caught. 

If she is thst sorry she'll donate any money from the article to anti racism charities.   Will she ****.

Ps

I’m sure I dislike her . 

6 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

She’s low brow “ entertainment “ . Appeals to a certain demograph . Vile creature really 

The Ultimate Worrier
7 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

And right on cue the vile witch has her story of redemption . Even more disgusting is that Nippoleon apparently offered her support after all the  furore 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/7802545/janey-godley-racist-tweets-nicola-sturgeon-support/

Knew this was coming. She's not sorry for what she's done, just sorry she's been caught. 

7 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

'I nearly killed myself'  Aye, so you did 

Exactly. The fact she uses it as a build up to one of her "jokes" shows how serious she is and how seriously she really views suicide. 

If anything it proves that she hasn't learned her lesson and doesn't care about anyone but herself.

7 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Ps

I'm getting that impression! Not sure if I like her either...