Janey Godley

The Ultimate Worrier

4 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

Relieved to report I have absolutely no idea who she is. Old age does have a few compensations it seems.

She's from a well known though out of fashion notorious Glasgow crime family which is where most of her money comes from. 

But her daughter Ashley Storrie is a decent comedian. 

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• JudyJudyJudy

• graygo

• Ron Burgundy

Seen it all now . Sitting having a fancy coffee in the “ Balmoral “ older guy walks passed us . He’s got a lanyard with “ Asthmatic , Covid exempt “ on it. Odd . !

highlandjambo3
3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Shite advert. I don’t get the demographic that is aimed at.

Aimed at the glezga weegie….terms like “waine in a buffet” is aimed right at the glezga gray trackie wearing nugget………………never heard of her but, judging by her patter she is a genuine comedian that belongs in a weegie bingo hall/miners club……she defiantly thinks she’s funny…..I definitely think she isn’t.

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Her voice overs are absolutely chronic.

One of these comedians who thinks that talking in a broad weegie accent is an adequate substitute for humour.

This. 

Absolutely tragic that folk lap her shite up. 

1 hour ago, Hesh said:

The voiceover stuff was humorous for a wee while but scratch the surface she's no really a nice person 

I liked her voice over stuff with the FM's updates. No idea what she's said/written but if it's bad, and not when she was a daft kid, then she deserves all she gets. Already been dropped from the vaccine adverts so at least swift action

Jane Godly is fecking horrendous and is seriously unfunny. She has a strange  dislike about Chernobyl and black people.

I hope she gets the sack and I don't have to listen to her again. But saying this, Ricky Gervais has been doing the disabled piss take and no one has said a word. The things he says are sick, he's still working.

2 hours ago, Hesh said:

The voiceover stuff was humorous for a wee while 

Nope.

I don't really suffer cultural cringe but her performance on HIGNFY was an exception to that.

As another poster said, toe-curling.

3 hours ago, XB52 said:

I liked her voice over stuff with the FM's updates. No idea what she's said/written but if it's bad, and not when she was a daft kid, then she deserves all she gets. Already been dropped from the vaccine adverts so at least swift action

Hardly a “ daft kid “ she was 50 when she wrote some of the trash 

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Jane Godly is fecking horrendous and is seriously unfunny. She has a strange  dislike about Chernobyl and black people.

I hope she gets the sack and I don't have to listen to her again. But saying this, Ricky Gervais has been doing the disabled piss take and no one has said a word. The things he says are sick, he's still working.

She has been given the boot , Gervais is completely different from her . He’s a naturally funny , intelligent , comedian she’s the polar opposite 

2 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Credit for giving the money away.  

Still hope it's the last we hear from her. 

Hear hear 

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

She's from a well known though out of fashion notorious Glasgow crime family which is where most of her money comes from. 

But her daughter Ashley Storrie is a decent comedian. 

Is she not married into and divorced from that family?

I'm actually struggling to see the offensively racist stuff. 

Is it "black rapper "?

I'm not really a fan at all of Janey Godley's humour however others have enjoyed her voiceovers during the pandemic and she has done well for herself considering her pretty brutal early life. 

If her earlier tweets/posts on social media are bad enough to signal the end of the purple patch she's enjoyed lately then I suppose that's what will happen and she will just have to accept it. 

You could also spend some time trawling through the abuse that she has been subjected to on social media and wonder how the **** she kept going because it isn't an easy read ( if you're as sensitive towards that type of thing as most who have posted on this thread so far seem to be). 

In the meantime, if anyone is looking for a female comedian who does not give an utter **** who she offends and is also very funny then check out Rosebud Baker. 👍

Mr Brightside
7 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Is it "black rapper "?

Black rapper is offensive when you are saying they are all into weed. Could have just said rapper. Tweets about an xfactor presenter being a black horse face and black face. Other tweets about black men and then tweets about black peoples and Jewish peoples noses.

It’s not just a single tweet there is a load of them and they aren’t all that old.

Mr Brightside
9 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

You could also spend some time trawling through the abuse that she has been subjected to on social media and wonder how the **** she kept going because it isn't an easy read ( if you're as sensitive towards that type of thing as most who have posted on this thread so far seem to be). 

In the meantime, if anyone is looking for a female comedian who does not give an utter **** who she offends and is also very funny then check out Rosebud Baker. 👍

That’s a fair point regarding the Chernobyl stuff as that was in response to abuse she received from others. However the multiple comments about black people were her musings and not in response to anything.

re female comedians who don’t care what they say, I have always thought Fern Brady was pretty decent.

3 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

That’s a fair point regarding the Chernobyl stuff as that was in response to abuse she received from others. However the multiple comments about black people were her musings and not in response to anything.

re female comedians who don’t care what they say, I have always thought Fern Brady was pretty decent.

If she's posted racist stuff online and that's catching up with her then that's nobody's fault but hers. I don't see that as 'cancel culture' neither, it's just how it is and as it should be. 

Not strictly on topic but I’ve always heard the story that as part of her terrible early life her mother was murdered. It turns out her mother was found dead in the Clyde and though the family claim it was murder it’s always been treated as an accident by the police who found no reason to investigate. 

Now she’s been found out maybe to paraphrase her she’ll 

go away an gie us peace , yuv been telt.

not funny , nasally voiced , odious wee woman that she is 

4 hours ago, Darren said:

Nope.

I don't really suffer cultural cringe but her performance on HIGNFY was an exception to that.

As another poster said, toe-curling.

Curiosity got the better of me. Worse than I could have imagined.

7 hours ago, jonesy said:

Ricky Gervais tells the disabled piss take jokes to create a level of humour that looks at the people laughing, more than what they are laughing at. Similar to Norm McDonald. Two intelligent men who provide authentic humour that goes beyond the words in their jokes.

Janey Godley says racist stuff because, well, she comes across as racist.

He calls people *****. Not funny. Even JKB knows it's a horrendous word.

Ricky's stand up isn't funny. 

Edited by ri Alban

6 hours ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Is it "black rapper "?

Have you read it all. Black this, black that Kelly Rowland and 50 cent for some reason are heavily targeted. Calling KR stereotype of the woman fae tom and Jerry is racist. And a black horse. 

Anyway, why doesn't see just use their names instead of black, black, black, black. She's got a cheek slagging what anyone looks like, anaw.

6 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Hardly a “ daft kid “ she was 50 when she wrote some of the trash 

She has been given the boot , Gervais is completely different from her . He’s a naturally funny , intelligent , comedian she’s the polar opposite 

Hear hear 

Gervais is a good writer, he's a pish comedian. Only funny on the golden globes, when , that's right slagging people. His disabled patter is offensive, especially Derek and the word that starts with M and ends in g. 

I don't like her, she has no material, but it's not different to RG. I'm sure hell have a few tweets about folk somewhere. Maybe these tweet searching weirdos can find a few.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Have you read it all. Black this, black that Kelly Rowland and 50 cent for some reason are heavily targeted. Calling KR stereotype of the woman fae tom and Jerry is racist. And a black horse. 

Anyway, why doesn't see just use their names instead of black, black, black, black. She's got a cheek slagging what anyone looks like, anaw.

Fair enough. I'd missed them.

More to come I'm sure. Offensive language warning.

The lassie that Tweeted this appears to have been subject to a Janey Godley Twitter pile on previously.

7 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Curiosity got the better of me. Worse than I could have imagined.

The audience seemed to enjoy her. 

7 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

The lassie that Tweeted this appears to have been subject to a Janey Godley Twitter pile on previously.

First bit was a shite attempt at having a go at someone calling indians the Pakistani shorthand. By calling Gyspies their shorthand. 

Amazing how Scots are still allowed to be called Jocks, tho. 🤔

The polis would probably arrest you for calling Gyspies by the other G. Yet never seem to arrest them for the things they get up to.

7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Is jock a offensive term? 

Welsh people, offended by Taff? I don’t know. 

It just seems a label for a region to me not all that different weedgie, scouser, cockney etc. The words isn’t inherently offensive is it? It’s the context it’s used in. 

stereotyping round a name, maybe🤷🏻‍♂️

'Jock' is almost exclusively used in a derogatory manner.

she's got a cheek slagging what anyone looks like, anaw.

Especially from someone that looks like the back end of pantomime horse. As the sign behind her says, Kelly is a fox 😍

kelly_rowland_headshot_a_p.jpg

5760.jpg

Edited by Mister T

39 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Vile woman.

He calls people *****. Not funny. Even JKB knows it's a horrendous word.

Ricky's stand up isn't funny. 

Hobos?

15 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

'Jock' is almost exclusively used in a derogatory manner.

Dahn saff, I have heard the term, 'sweaty's' used as a term for Scottish people.    Does not bother me personally.   

10 minutes ago, Beni said:

Swings and roundabouts.

Screenshot_20210910-091744~2.png

That is perfect.  She was selling postcards saying that has trump is one of those.  She was charging £6 for that written on it with a biro.  Greedy boot. 

I see the daily record hasn't went with this story.  Surprised at that...

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Reading the tweets yesterday, I thought she might've tried to wriggle out one or two of then until the uncle tom stuff.

Soap-dodging scum who thinks weegie is a character trait. That advert should’ve come with a health warning itself. 

At least she’s still got her career as a Ken Stott impersonator. 

1 hour ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Dahn saff, I have heard the term, 'sweaty's' used as a term for Scottish people.    Does not bother me personally.   

That and jock are often used in London. lived there for many years and it didn’t offend me once. 

You sometimes forget, that with all the sectarian stuff, Scotland has an issue with racism too.

It was some PR job that convinced us that we are more inclusive, more empathic, more welcoming than England .