Newcastle Hearts

Heart of Darkness

1 hour ago, fast_blood said:

@cheetahand @heaton jambohave you guys met up to watch games in Newcastle/North tyneside before?

I used to watch the games at the Hancock years ago because the manager and one of the lads behind the bar were jambos. 

Would be up for meeting up with folk to watch games in future. 

Haven't met up with @heaton jambo before (well not sure, I do live in Heaton too) but have met up a while ago with some lads in the Hancock too, you may well have been there. Usually just watch out in Monkseaton with @Whitley Jambo as we both go to Whitley bay games.

would be up for a bigger crowd in the toon for future games too.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• heatonjambo

• stuckinsunderland

• Heart of Darkness

• brawlad74

stuckinsunderland
1 hour ago, fast_blood said:

@cheetahand @heaton jambohave you guys met up to watch games in Newcastle/North tyneside before?

I used to watch the games at the Hancock years ago because the manager and one of the lads behind the bar were jambos. 

Would be up for meeting up with folk to watch games in future. 

I think the Hancock was suggested before but it never got off the ground. I’d certainly be up for trying to meet up to watch future games. 
for me I’ve thought going out to the coast was a bit much, I’d spend longer getting there on public transport than anything! A bit of organisation and agreement and off we go

1 minute ago, stuckinsunderland said:

I think the Hancock was suggested before but it never got off the ground. I’d certainly be up for trying to meet up to watch future games. 
for me I’ve thought going out to the coast was a bit much, I’d spend longer getting there on public transport than anything! A bit of organisation and agreement and off we go

Would definitely be up for something in Newcastle, Crows nest is good at sticking it on, depends what other games are on of course whether you get sound or not. 

stuckinsunderland
Just now, cheetah said:

Would definitely be up for something in Newcastle, Crows nest is good at sticking it on, depends what other games are on of course whether you get sound or not. 

Sounds like a good start. Like you say, depends what else is on usually but if we get a few to meet that will be better than an individual walking in and asking. I’ve had many a frustrating time walking from pub to pub begging. 
crows nest? Is that the one that used to be there Aussie bar? Like I say don’t get out much !

30 minutes ago, stuckinsunderland said:

Sounds like a good start. Like you say, depends what else is on usually but if we get a few to meet that will be better than an individual walking in and asking. I’ve had many a frustrating time walking from pub to pub begging. 
crows nest? Is that the one that used to be there Aussie bar? Like I say don’t get out much !

Aye waas assuie bar about 15 year ago 😏

13 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Haven't met up with @heaton jambo before (well not sure, I do live in Heaton too) but have met up a while ago with some lads in the Hancock too, you may well have been there. Usually just watch out in Monkseaton with @Whitley Jambo as we both go to Whitley bay games.

Where in Monkseaton do you watch? It wouldve been back in 2011/12 that I went to the Hancock to watch the games. Can't ever remember watching with a group of folk. 

1 minute ago, fast_blood said:

Where in Monkseaton do you watch? It wouldve been back in 2011/12 that I went to the Hancock to watch the games. Can't ever remember watching with a group of folk. 

Watch in the Monkseaton Arms, next to metro. Locals hate Scottish football so the abuse is good and a wee bit fiesty 

While ago we watched in the Hancock, think the hearts boy who ran it left about 10 year ago. 

49 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Watch in the Monkseaton Arms, next to metro. Locals hate Scottish football so the abuse is good and a wee bit fiesty 

While ago we watched in the Hancock, think the hearts boy who ran it left about 10 year ago. 

Only been in the Monkseaton Arms once but it was decent craic. 

I reckon we could try a meet up in town sometime soon for a game. I live in fawdon so doesn't take long to get into town at all. 

23 hours ago, cheetah said:

Cheetah 

were in heaton

pm if u want

21 hours ago, fast_blood said:

I reckon we could try a meet up in town sometime soon for a game. I live in fawdon so doesn't take long to get into town at all. 

1 hour ago, Whitley Jambo said:

I'm in. Wee metro ride into toon. 👍

23 hours ago, stuckinsunderland said:

22 hours ago, cheetah said:

Happy to try and organise something guys 
can also bring something to a bar that will let us watch any game if you what I mean 🤫

• 2 months later...
Henry. Henry.
On 09/09/2021 at 15:06, heatonjambo said:

if you want to do the cool thing, have a beer in the waiting rroms, head of steam and Newcastle tap.

all 3 are on the site of the old long bar in the get Carter movie.

Newcastle tap does good pizzas

Always head for Newcastle Tap and Head of Steam when in Newcastle.  2 of many top boozers in the toon

On 11/09/2021 at 12:18, cheetah said:

On 11/09/2021 at 13:10, fast_blood said:

38 minutes ago, stuckinsunderland said:

Is anyone going to watch the Celtic game anywhere? 

On 09/09/2021 at 11:08, County Durham Hearts said:

I used to watch games in Chevvy's quite a bit, don't even know if still open or not, 

On 12/09/2021 at 09:20, Whitley Jambo said:

gents,

is there any interest in a catch up for the match?

I would prefer somewhere we’re we can Hear the sound, but we have issues with the Man U game on at the same time, (though it is Amazon prime).

3 bulls in town might have it on and have a small booth upstairs that could be booked

failing that I have my iPad and hearts tv commentary so could go anywhere 

thoughts gents?

County Durham Hearts
2 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

gents,

I would prefer somewhere we’re we can Hear the sound, but we have issues with the Man U game on at the same time, (though it is Amazon prime).

3 bulls in town might have it on and have a small booth upstairs that could be booked

thoughts gents?

I'm working up near Edinburgh this week so will watch up here mate, not giving those celtic *******s any money though, hopefully a win to go ahead of them or a draw to keep pressure on. Enjoy your night if you all meet up.

stuckinsunderland
2 hours ago, heatonjambo said:

gents,

thoughts gents?

I might submit a funding proposal to the household treasurer. 

again, I’d like somewhere we can hear

9 hours ago, heatonjambo said:

gents,

thoughts gents?

Away on holiday this week otherwise would have been up for it. Sorry. 

Doctor FinnBarr

Mrs Saunders grew up not far from you in Dudley, I acted as a missionary and took her over the border to........Blackburn. Her dad took her to watch Blyth Spartans as a kid but she wasn't keen on green so an easy convert really.

On 30/11/2021 at 12:48, heatonjambo said:

gents,

thoughts gents?

Just seen this mate, was over in France last week, will be up for next TV game though 

stuckinsunderland
58 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Just seen this mate, was over in France last week, will be up for next TV game though 

I could be too, is the next one Rangers at Tynecastle? Fair few folk may be there in person but I won’t be for a 12 o clock kick off. 

I'm in Birtley and see Champs sports bar been mentioned on here, few Jambos around here and have met a couple of guys in there on previous TV games.

stuckinsunderland
2 hours ago, assessor said:

I'm in Birtley and see Champs sports bar been mentioned on here, few Jambos around here and have met a couple of guys in there on previous TV games.

I tend to end up in champs when I do go out to watch in a pub! So May see you 
i think we suggested Newcastle as it’s fairly central

19 hours ago, stuckinsunderland said:

I could be too, is the next one Rangers at Tynecastle? Fair few folk may be there in person but I won’t be for a 12 o clock kick off. 

Aye, Sunday 12th December for the Rangers game. I will be in toon for this game as way too early to head up. 

stuckinsunderland
On 05/12/2021 at 13:42, cheetah said:

Aye, Sunday 12th December for the Rangers game. I will be in toon for this game as way too early to head up. 

any thoughts on where?

not sure i can make it yet but handy to know anyway

• 1 month later...
stuckinsunderland

Gonna give this a bump......

So looking forward we have:

* Hearts vs Celtic -26th January on Sky

* The Derby - 1st February on Sky

* Rangers vs Hearts 6th February on Sky

Do any of these represent a chance to have an organised meet up.  Its been discussed several times in recent years but we never have managed to get organised with a venue etc.  I would offer, but being a bit of hermit in recent years i can't think of a solution that would be relatively accessible for all and would be a stick on to show it.

Any ideas? Ideally we need someone who's best mate runs a pub and would pander to our whims!!!

stuckinsunderland
47 minutes ago, assessor said:

Count me in for the 2"games in Feb.

Well if the toon and coast based guys aren’t going to make it, it’ll be champs and just us then

If no other games are on sky when the derby’s on we can watch in most places to be honest. I assume close to a metro station would be best

43 minutes ago, assessor said:

Well from little acorns . The Champs Hearts supporter club?

18 hours ago, stuckinsunderland said:

Well if the toon and coast based guys aren’t going to make it, it’ll be champs and just us then

On 05/12/2021 at 13:42, cheetah said:

On 30/11/2021 at 22:12, fast_blood said:

Away on holiday this week otherwise would have been up for it. Sorry. 

On 30/11/2021 at 16:40, bigcoll said:

Not around Thursday but interested in Hearts games in the future (Walkergate based) 

On 30/11/2021 at 12:54, County Durham Hearts said:

I'm working up near Edinburgh this week so will watch up here mate, not giving those celtic *******s any money though, hopefully a win to go ahead of them or a draw to keep pressure on. Enjoy your night if you all meet up.

Ok all,

apologies for doing a multi quote post, but have no other idea how to attract everyone’s attention.

im happy to organise something for the hubs game. I’m in London on 26th. 

if people can give a heads up regarding attendee’s I will pull up a shortlist of pubs next to metro stops and confirm if they will have the game on.

cheers

heatonjambo

ps I can always stick it on my iPad and watch anywhere

Edited by heatonjambo

21 hours ago, heatonjambo said:

Ok all,

apologies for doing a multi quote post, but have no other idea how to attract everyone’s attention.

im happy to organise something for the hubs game. I’m in London on 26th. 

if people can give a heads up regarding attendee’s I will pull up a shortlist of pubs next to metro stops and confirm if they will have the game on.

cheers

heatonjambo

ps I can always stick it on my iPad and watch anywhere

I'm up for it. Might miss the start, or 1st half, but will make it along. 

Will have to sit this one out guys, got a couple of broken ribs.

Will be up for next game, crows nest might be a decent idea, always seem to get it on there, as they have a few tvs and willing to show anything.

County Durham Hearts

Sorry guys will give the 6th Feb one a miss as I'm away that weekend, I'm hoping to be at the other two matches. Champs Bar I can possibly make easiest in future but also partial to a session in the Toon.

1 hour ago, cheetah said:

Will have to sit this one out guys, got a couple of broken ribs.

Will be up for next game, crows nest might be a decent idea, always seem to get it on there, as they have a few tvs and willing to show anything.

Sorry to hear that fella,

could you hobble to the chilly?

41 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Sorry to hear that fella,

could you hobble to the chilly?

Cheers

Na not this time, too many drugs etc.

stuckinsunderland

Folks

seems to me that we are looking at the Derby as a chance to get a few but there’s still appetite for the other 2, is that about right? 

Waiting Rooms, Westgate Road, the last time I was in there the beer was good and the food was fab.

It a short walk to the train station. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, assessor said:

what's everyone's thinking about the game on Tuesday?

On 18/01/2022 at 01:05, mitch41 said:

Waiting Rooms, Westgate Road, the last time I was in there the beer was good and the food was fab.

It a short walk to the train station. 

On 17/01/2022 at 17:23, brawlad74 said:

Will try and meet up for derby game if I've no got the kids. 

On 17/01/2022 at 08:46, stuckinsunderland said:

Folks

seems to me that we are looking at the Derby as a chance to get a few but there’s still appetite for the other 2, is that about right? 

On 16/01/2022 at 11:56, County Durham Hearts said:

Sorry guys will give the 6th Feb one a miss as I'm away that weekend, I'm hoping to be at the other two matches. Champs Bar I can possibly make easiest in future but also partial to a session in the Toon.

On 16/01/2022 at 10:54, fast_blood said:

I'm up for it. Might miss the start, or 1st half, but will make it along. 

On 30/11/2021 at 16:40, bigcoll said:

Not around Thursday but interested in Hearts games in the future (Walkergate based) 

is there still interest for Tuesday?

if so suggest somewhere around hay market metro station.

central, easy to get to and more than 1 pub with multiple tv’s

1 minute ago, stuckinsunderland said:

Despite being very keen I’m scrambling to get organised. My mrs is working till 7 so I’m at her mercy. 

Who wears the trousers in your house?

stuckinsunderland
3 minutes ago, assessor said:

Who wears the trousers in your house?

Oh man! Cheers, she checks my phone and saw that! 

I won’t be allowed out for a month! 

in seriousness it’s more about if she’s alright for me to drop her with the kids and run