Jamie Walker

dazajmbo

What's the script with Jamie? Can provide the moment of magic at times. Really nice guy and have wanted it to work out with hearts but I'm not sure if it's possible.  Game time limited, more options available for his position. 

Lots of chat about him being unfit but I don't buy that.  He's been injury free a while now, had pre seasons  and he's still doing full training with the first team so other than match sharpness I am struggling to understand that story.

Yeah the boy can be chicken hearted when it comes to digging in and putting it all on the line. A luxury player in some aspects but clearly something is going on? Few loan offers made but turned down by us. It looks like the club are more worried about him doing well for a team in our league than him featuring for us. 

Could be miles out but it's hard to say what to expect going forward 

He's just not very good, lacks heart and rarely applies himself basically. Being a nice guy doesn't come into the equation.

Should never have been brought back and I'm glad it seems like Neilson is now building a team without him in the picture. 

4 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Looking at the squad just now I think he struggles to make bench unless there are injuries.

That's true but I guess speaks to the quality we've now got in those forward areas.

Said it for a while, I think Jamie a few years back should have been focused on playing as a forward rather than a midfielder/aux forward.  He's great in and around the box and could easily be as good a cf as the likes of Cummings anyway.

Be interesting to see what happens with Jamie.  I'd love him to get in and smash it for us but it does feel he has probably 4 players ahead in the queue just now, 5 or 6 if you maybe even think of McEneff and Pollock.

SuperstarSteve

Neilson keeps saying he’s no fit. Has done since start of last year. 

Walker disagrees. 

I would like him to stay but believe he will leave at the end of his contract. Doubt elsewhere will pay him 3k+ a week so makes sense to see out his contract. 

2 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Walker disagrees. 

I would like him to stay but believe he will leave at the end of his contract. Doubt elsewhere will pay him 3k+ a week so makes sense to see out his contract. 

A poliet way of saying he's pish imo. The guy looks like he's running through mud after 5 minutes. 

rudi must stay

He likes it here. Still has a great attitude. If you read this Mr Neilson use him wisely eg the big games. I'd put him on the bench on Sunday 

Edited by rudi must stay

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He’s finished at Hearts barring an absolute miracle turnaround in fortunes. 

Why's he finished what's he done. Nobody else in the squad has 50 goals for Hearts 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, rudi must stay said:

Why's he finished what's he done. Nobody else in the squad has 50 goals for Hearts 

He can’t run 

Ainsley Harriott
6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He likes it here. Still has a great attitude. If you read this Mr Neilson use him wisely eg the big games. I'd put him on the bench on Sunday 

Big games like the cup final where he forgot he was playing and wondered about aimlessly. Boys a ****ing waster and should have been launched at the first opportunity 

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He can’t run 

Aye but hes got 50goals as a Jambo. Same scoring rate as GMS and lower than Ginnelly , Thats just two midfielders/attackers off the top of my head. Nevermind the given of Boyce who would be what around 1 in 2 and Gnando

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Aye but hes got 50goals as a Jambo. Same scoring rate as GMS and lower than Ginnelly , Thats just two midfielders/attackers off the top of my head. Nevermind the given of Boyce who would be what around 1 in 2 and Gnando

His goals tally is padded out against dud clubs like Morton, and that disguises the lack of defensive work rate which costs us territory in the midfield and chances/goals at the other end. So he’s vastly overrated based on his goals, whilst his weakness in the amount of running he is willing/able to do costs the team. 

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

His goals tally is padded out against dud clubs like Morton, and that disguises the lack of defensive work rate which costs us territory in the midfield and chances/goals at the other end. So he’s vastly overrated based on his goals, whilst his weakness in the amount of running he is willing/able to do costs the team. 

Plenty of penalties in that figure as well.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Plenty of penalties in that figure as well.

There always is when it comes to goalscorers 

I’ve got absolutely no doubts whatsoever about his finishing ability. But we’ve got players that can finish AND have extremely good fitness engines and running power  

Writing is on the wall for Jamie I think. Good player on his day as we all know, and capable of changing a game but just not consistent enough for the direction we want to head as a team.

The fitness issues referred to I don't think are specific to injury problems, rather general fitness. He doesn't look capable of playing 90 minutes when I've seen him lately. Don't know the lad personally to comment safely on this too much, but his attitude doesn't strike me as someone who's going to roll his sleeves up and fight for his place, which is exactly what he's got to do now with the options we have.

Shoot me down if I'm wrong, but feel like Walker believes he has nothing to prove, and if Robbie doesn't pick him then it's not his own fault. All my own opinions of course though.

Pulled us out the shite a few times last season with good goals but I'd be amazed if we ever got an other full 90 mins out him. No idea the reason but he can look very uninterested at times.

When he publicly stated "I am fit" I posted on here that I suspected a little needle brewing - and I still think that. Either way it will be win win for Nelly - He's either right or will be delighted to be proven wrong and gets credit for using him as an impact sub.

22 minutes ago, sadj said:

Robbo has over 200, but I wouldn't be putting him in the squad either (though I'd still be tempted 😂)

21 minutes ago, sadj said:

His situation now isn't about what he's managed to do in the past, it's what he is capable of now that matters and to most it's clear that he can't last 90mins and even if he could it's unlikely he remains focussed for a whole game.

Despite his nonsense with der hun he'll be remembered fondly by most but at his age and with the injuries he's had he is unlikely to improve and more likely to get worse in future

10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Robbo has over 200, but I wouldn't be putting him in the squad either (though I'd still be tempted 😂)

🤣

10 minutes ago, Ribble said:

His situation now isn't about what he's managed to do in the past, it's what he is capable of now that matters and to most it's clear that he can't last 90mins and even if he could it's unlikely he remains focussed for a whole game.

Despite his nonsense with der hun he'll be remembered fondly by most but at his age and with the injuries he's had he is unlikely to improve and more likely to get worse in future

yup , spot on imo

StevenNaismith

The knee problem that has plagued him for years has started to bother him in his other knee as well. He’s in pain after every training session and game but is desperate to play for Hearts for as long as he can.

I really like him and hope he stays. Great to have him in the squad and as far as I can see gives his all on the pitch. Wether he is part of RN plans remains to be seen.  Can change games when he comes on. 

1 hour ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Walker disagrees. 

This is an extract from an article a few weeks back and I fail to see how Walker can say he is fit but agree with his Manager that he needs to put in extra work at the training ground.

He told the Edinburgh Evening News: “I feel great. Most people were looking at that story the other day thinking I was unfit. Me and the gaffer had a good chat and it was more beneficial for me to stay at the training ground and do some extra work.

"We both agreed on that, then I managed to score the winner at the weekend. It was a mutual agreement between the both of us that I would work more at the training ground rather than coming on for just ten or 15 minutes. He put me on against Inverness and I feel I repaid him.”

Byyy The Light

I'd be looking at Walker as one of 3 striker options now with Boyce and Gnando.  He's a brilliant finisher. Clearly doesn't have the legs to play deeper so keep him as an option up top.  

57 minutes ago, Taffin said:

i would for sunday as you would sense the fear from them lot just seeing his name in the squad

Tokyo Drifter
3 hours ago, steve123 said:

Looking at the squad just now I think he struggles to make bench unless there are injuries.

Comes off the bench and scores goals, always has. Should at least be in the squad IMO. We have a good midfield but I'm not sure there's goals in it. Still a place for Jamie. Plus he's one of our own.

Just now, Tokyo Drifter said:

Comes off the bench and scores goals, always has. Should at least be in the squad IMO. We have a good midfield but I'm not sure there's goals in it. Still a place for Jamie. Plus he's one of our own.

yea just not sure how he fits in there with the attacking options we now have.

3 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

What's the script with Jamie? Can provide the moment of magic at times. Really nice guy and have wanted it to work out with hearts but I'm not sure if it's possible.  Game time limited, more options available for his position. 

Lots of chat about him being unfit but I don't buy that.  He's been injury free a while now, had pre seasons  and he's still doing full training with the first team so other than match sharpness I am struggling to understand that story.

Yeah the boy can be chicken hearted when it comes to digging in and putting it all on the line. A luxury player in some aspects but clearly something is going on? Few loan offers made but turned down by us. It looks like the club are more worried about him doing well for a team in our league than him featuring for us. 

Could be miles out but it's hard to say what to expect going forward 

Sub at best,last season at Hearts.

Our squad is not that deep. If he keeps working on his fitness injuries alone will get him some time on the pitch before the season's out.

Jamie's not that fast and early in the season when the weather is warm, the ground is dry, and the pitches are in fine shape that's a disadvantage. He grew up in Scottish football though and can produce magic in muddy and pockmarked grass.

He might be done but he might also have a spell of 4 goals in 6 games in the middle of winter.

Guest ToqueJambo

A proven impact player off the bench for us. I'm sure he'll contribute this season but he faces the biggest fight of his Hearts career to get in the team or even make the bench.

4 hours ago, Beni said:

Surely I can't be the only person to notice that he's got weird earlobes. 

Apparently he changes them when going to Ibrox😬

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if goes out on loan to a Scottish championship side

How would that benefit anyone? Strength in depth is a good thing.

Even in his first stint. I've always had a grudge against him. One thing I've always said about him is. He's a player that looks like he's only giving 80% 

Always thought there's way more he could give. It just never happened. 

His second spell for me has been a disaster. Yes he's popped up with the odd important goal. For a player so many go on about though. Not enough. 

In my personal opinion. If we never seen him in a Hearts jersey again. We wouldn't miss him. He's just not got that influence. 

Times up for me. Send him out on loan. Be very surprised if he gets a new contract. 

I don't think he lack any grit and I'd even go as far as to say he does get stuck in when he plays.

I also think he just isn't fit enough (currently?) to play for Hearts.

5 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Big games like the cup final where he forgot he was playing and wondered about aimlessly. Boys a ****ing waster and should have been launched at the first opportunity 

Spot on.  Has had ample opportunity to apply himself and just looks lazy and unfit.

Championship player at best.

Guest ToqueJambo

He's a player with bags of talent that is no doubt struggling to come to terms with how his career seems to be panning out. Unike some young players, he's had several very, very good seasons for us. He knows he's a better player than he's shown consistently recently.

The big thing for me and you'd hope him is he's only just into what should be his peak years. He has time to turn it around and still have a great second half of his career.

Paul Hartley had shown very little in his career prior to joining us. The best part of his career started when he was not much younger than Walker is now. I'd rather Walker did that with us if he's going to do it with anyone.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

How would that benefit anyone? Strength in depth is a good thing.

He’s so far down the pecking order with the new wingers that can’t see him getting near a game barring an injury crisis