Apologies Mr Neilson.

Boyces beard

22 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Yep that’ll be all we get with RN. As a manager he’s no great but not poor.

If Robbie struggles then everyone will have the opportunity to moan. We’ve made a good start to the campaign and no one can argue with that. He had to sort out a real shit show and I’m delighted with how things are shaping up. 

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Forever Hearts

• Thomaso

• A_A wehatethehibs

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Yep that’ll be all we get with RN. As a manager he’s no great but not poor.

Last time he was third in his first full top flight season that's pretty good imo. 

Not been close to it since. 

10 hours ago, Taffin said:

I dislike them both as institutions more than Hibs and I'd rather see them both go down the drain than Hibs. But in terms of sporting rivalry I want to beat Hibs the most. The rest of the stuff that makes me dislike Celtic and Rangers doesn't belong in football imo. It doesn't belong in society either, but that's another discussion.

Fair points. 

Guest ToqueJambo
On 11/09/2021 at 12:42, Forever Hearts said:

In that case just about every game we play is a dead rubber. After all, we have no chance of winning the title. Agreed? 

No, having seen us come within a whisker of winning the title before, I disagree.

Would have preferred him gone after last season , but also said if he remained I would be right behind him & the team . Early signs are good , however time for judgement is two fold for me , where we are at Christmas and then at the end of season, which will be hopefully somewhere top 3 and and in a cup final

Forever Hearts
8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

No, having seen us come within a whisker of winning the title before, I disagree.

You can disagree all you like, we have zero chance of winning the league. 

15 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

System is fine man.  The more the players play in it the better we become.

We will I agree with you no doubt 

I just don’t see Boyce as a lone striker .. great player but not for that role 

I can’t understand why the big lad doesn’t get a chance he has done nothing wrong 

49 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

I can’t understand why the big lad doesn’t get a chance he has done nothing wrong 

I think we need to be trying Gnando up with Boyce so that if Boyce drops back we still have another striker who plays off the defensive back line.

No goals = bad news. The jury is out on his preferred 3 4 3. We've let Henderson go out on loan, and we're left with 2 strikers, so we'll need plenty goals from midfield and attacking wingers. We will find out exactly where we are after the next 6/7 games. 

19 hours ago, Rudy T said:

I’m certainly not moaning at our start but I’m a bit frustrated that we don’t have wins v Hibs and/or Aberdeen on our record, especially yesterday Neilson changes the team when we had them pinned back and handed the impetus back to them. Aberdeen I felt we should’ve pushed them at 1-0, a second goal would’ve finished them.

However that’s just general observations not moaning, we’ve had a good start and the team is looking exciting and should get better as the season goes on, I just think Neilson goes into games with a set plan on subs and formations and there’s times when just playing it as it comes would be better.

It's been a decent start. When the fixtures came out i was quite happy to have Celtic at home first game as they were there for the taking and would probably be the best chance to get them. The win gave us the confidence to go through to Paisley and scrape a win there as well. Aberdeen was frustrating as they were also there for the taking. They're not as strong as they think they are and it's probably been the most disappointing result so far this season. I fancied us at Tannadice although the game was of a similar pattern to most Neilson-type games, but three points none-the-less. The Hibs game could've gone either way but i didn't expect to beat them in reality. Not because they are better but just through Neilson's stats against them. Two wins against them and both when they've missed penalties. Was happy to hear the final whistle in all honesty. 

Still think we need to sort the defence out. Fullbacks playing as centre-halves doesn't cut it for me and a few of the saves Gordon's made have come from exposure from this area/side of the pitch but somehow it seems to be unimportant. Just as well he was there or we wouldn't have collected the same amount of points as we have.

4 hours ago, NB GIN said:

Probably to do with the system Neilson is playing. One up and two off Boyce. Gnando will get us a few goals this season but don't expect double figures from him. This is why i've been saying we're a striker light. If Boyce gets injured or suspended there could be a problem. 

Edited by jambonian

3 hours ago, frankblack said:

I think we need to be trying Gnando up with Boyce so that if Boyce drops back we still have another striker who plays off the defensive back line.

Yes. No point having wide players sticking crosses in when no-one is on the end of them. Maybe that's why they seem to want to walk the ball into the net.

Edited by jambonian

On 14/09/2021 at 12:28, jambonian said:

Yes. No point having wide players sticking crosses in when no-one is on the end of them. Maybe that's why they seem to want to walk the ball into the net.

100% this 

On 14/09/2021 at 12:25, jambonian said:

Probably to do with the system Neilson is playing. One up and two off Boyce. Gnando will get us a few goals this season but don't expect double figures from him. This is why i've been saying we're a striker light. If Boyce gets injured or suspended there could be a problem. 

There is no chance of double figures as he doesn’t play. If he did he would score a lot 

On 14/09/2021 at 08:09, NB GIN said:

I think Boyce has played that role and shown he can be successful and score goals up top on his own.

I suspect the fact that he is dropping deeper is as a result of the system we are playing and the way he is being deployed and what he's being asked to do by Robbie