Michael K Williams

Jeff

2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

RIP :(

Oh no . Great actor . Took a lot of courage and risk to play a gay character in “ The Wire “ as there has hardly been any representation of this in films . Was also great in “ Boardwalk Empire “ as well as “ When they see us” 

AEF12A3A-A482-4154-991E-9F139E7B664D.jpeg

Shit news. Omar little is up there with Walter White/Vic Mackie and Tony Soprano as my favourite tv characters. He played him perfectly. 

Only 54 ffs. 

A Boy Named Crow
6 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Shit news. Omar little is up there with Walter White/Vic Mackie and Tony Soprano as my favourite tv characters. He played him perfectly. 

Only 54 ffs. 

:indeed:

9 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Only 54 ffs. 

Agreed! Outstanding performance from Michael K Williams as Omar! The Wire was full of great characters but I think Omar might possibly be my favourite. Sad news at only 54!

BBC said this morning rumoured to have been a heroin overdose, although unconfirmed at this stage, however US media say the source is from law enforcement.

Sadly ironic that he's died of a drug overdose after starring in the Wire.

Omar is one of my favourite TV characters of all time, he was brilliant as him. I also enjoyed his portrayal of a gay black country music fan/cowboy in the lesser known Hap & Leonard alongside James Purefoy.

Will be missed.

A real shame. I knew he had his struggles with drugs but thought he was over them - think he was working with support groups to try and help other addicts.

The Sopranos and The Wire are the two greatest TV shows of all time and there weren’t many people in both. While he only had a small role in the former, he was outstanding in the latter. As he was in Boardwalk Empire and also very good in the underrated Hap and Leonard. 

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

BBC said this morning rumoured to have been a heroin overdose, although unconfirmed at this stage, however US media say the source is from law enforcement.

I read a report on it from a New York news channel last night. Found by his nephew according to them with heroin near him in the apartment. If accurate it’s always somehow more sad if a person has beaten addiction and then relapses. 

35 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Sadly ironic that he's died of a drug overdose after starring in the Wire.

Omar is one of my favourite TV characters of all time, he was brilliant as him. I also enjoyed his portrayal of a gay black country music fan/cowboy in the lesser known Hap & Leonard alongside James Purefoy.

Will be missed.

Yes I forgot he was in Hap and Leonard too 

4 minutes ago, Zico said:

A real shame. I knew he had his struggles with drugs but thought he was over them - think he was working with support groups to try and help other addicts.

The Sopranos and The Wire are the two greatest TV shows of all time and there weren’t many people in both. While he only had a small role in the former, he was outstanding in the latter. As he was in Boardwalk Empire and also very good in the underrated Hap and Leonard. 

I didn’t know he had drug issues . I didn’t know he had been in the Sopranos which I should know as it’s my favourite show . He will be sadly missed 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I read a report on it from a New York news channel last night. Found by his nephew according to them with heroin near him in the apartment. If accurate it’s always somehow more sad if a person has beaten addiction and then relapses. 

That’s when they are most ar risk of overdose . Their resistance / tolerance is too low . Similar thing happened to Amy Winehouse ( hers was alcohol though) 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes I forgot he was in Hap and Leonard too 

I didn’t know he had drug issues . I didn’t know he had been in the Sopranos which I should know as it’s my favourite show . He will be sadly missed 

It’s a small role. He played the guy who helps hide Jackie Jnr after he robbed the card game and before he gets killed. 

Just now, Zico said:

It’s a small role. He played the guy who helps hide Jackie Jnr after he robbed the card game and before he gets killed. 

Ok cool I’ll need to look out for that . I’m still kicking myself . Last year I was in the charity shop and they had the whole box set of it for £12 !!! But I don’t have a DVD player so didn’t buy it ! Jackie Aprile was thick as pig shit 

• 4 months later...