Jean-Pierre Adams

iantjambo

Former French international has died at the age of 73 after being in a coma for 39 years.

He went into surgery on 17th March 1982 after suffering a ligament rupture. However, an error by the anesthesiologist caused him to suffer a bronchospasm which starved his brain of oxygen and causing him to slip into a coma.

A court of law adjudicated on the case in the mid 90’s. Incredibly, the anesthesiologist and a trainee were given just a one month suspended sentence and a fine of €850.

His wife refused to euthanise him and continued tending to his needs until his death.

Amazing story.

Incredible time, eh.

I remember a world political figure a good while back was something like 18 years.

Anyway, your man should be in the Guinness Book of Records going by Google.

Screenshot_20210906-184744_Chrome.jpg

Byyy The Light
25 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Former French international has died at the age of 73 after being in a coma for 39 years.

He went into surgery on 17th March 1982 after suffering a ligament rupture. However, an error by the anesthesiologist caused him to suffer a bronchospasm which starved his brain of oxygen and causing him to slip into a coma.

A court of law adjudicated on the case in the mid 90’s. Incredibly, the anesthesiologist and a trainee were given just a one month suspended sentence and a fine of €850.

His wife refused to euthanise him and continued tending to his needs until his death.

Amazing story.

Read about this earlier. Hadn’t ever heard the story which I thought was surprising, usually you hear about these things.

Just now, Byyy The Light said:

Read about this earlier. Hadn’t ever heard the story which I thought was surprising, usually you hear about these things.

Same. A mate of mine was talking about it on WhatsApp, so I looked it up.

36 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Amazing story.

Sorry but utter nightmare. Not a hope in hell would I want that - family fully aware!

Byyy The Light
17 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Same. A mate of mine was talking about it on WhatsApp, so I looked it up.

Just realised I was born 4 weeks after he went in for his operation. That’s crazy!

6 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

That would be a complete head **** waking up to find your 27 years older and your 4 year old son is 31.

Even just seeing how much the world has changed would screw your head up.

8 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

That would be a complete head **** waking up to find your 27 years older and your 4 year old son is 31.

Or being a Hibee and waking up and missing them eventually wining the Scottish Cup. The shock would probably put you back into a coma.

Byyy The Light
23 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Or being a Hibee and waking up and missing them eventually wining the Scottish Cup. The shock would probably put you back into a coma.

I’d rather have been put down at birth

Byyy The Light
25 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Even just seeing how much the world has changed would screw your head up.

Absolutely. Imagine trying to get your head around the internet, phones and social media. 

14 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Absolutely. Imagine trying to get your head around the internet, phones and social media. 

No LP’s or cassettes. Trying to find a phone box 🤯

1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

Wakes up

"OMG....I need to film this for a tik tok"

"What's tik tok?"

Tik tok explained.

Pulls own plug.

Probably also "what's OMG?" 😄