Bobby Zlamal

number-16

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Same tier 

Nah, the hologram was worse. 

But, aye Bobby wasn't great either. 

The hologram was nonsense tho. He was at man utd on a 4 year deal, how the ****? 

Absolute pretend keeper. 

18 hours ago, sassenach said:

My memory might be playing tricks on me, but didn't Bobby once swing on the bar for us at the School End?  He's OK by me if he did, have a good retirement Bobby.

I'm sure he did.

A_A wehatethehibs
39 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, the hologram was worse. 

But, aye Bobby wasn't great either. 

The hologram was nonsense tho. He was at man utd on a 4 year deal, how the ****? 

Absolute pretend keeper. 

Tiers:

Great

Good

Average

Bad 

Shite -> Hologram, “Bobby”, Flapjack, Doyle go here 

All our keepers seem sh1te when you compare to niemi, Gordon and kello.   

Actually thought banks was OK. 

Did anyone rate Baloge??  

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Tiers:

Great

Good

Average

Bad 

😁😁

I'd go

Great 

Good 

Average 

Bad

Shite 

Very shite 

Hologram shite. 

He deserves his own teir. 

😜

Dear friends, after long and very varied 17 years I decided to end my professional football career and retire for a well deserved rest.
I signed the contract a while ago, but instead of soccer, I signed the contract.
Of course I stay with football, but just for fun. I will be a striker - so who wants to help score goals, especially from standards, please report.. 😁 And I also know how to break gates well.. If anyone wants it.. 😁
Big thanks to everyone I've met on my journey. Especially to the family, all fans, teammates, coach and friends.

Bobby Zlámal

23 hours ago, been here before said:

I liked Bobby Zlamal. Wasnt great but was nowhere near as shite as some on here would have you believe.

Absolutely. Single handedly kept us in games at times and certainly denied more clear cut chances than he cost us goals.

3 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Did anyone rate Baloge??  

I liked Kello but he's not at the standard of Gordon or Niemi, and yeah, Banks was decent - England's number one 😁

4 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Tiers:

Great

Good

Average

Bad 

Mate - Bobby was ‘better’ than Pereira - by not much. But enough to have kept us off bottom by demotion

1 hour ago, number-16 said:

Going by his social media seemed to genuinely really enjoy Scotland

Maybe his family is settled here now?

Even them I would've thought he'd have comfortably picked up a lower SPL or championship club

Pasquale for King

So that’s him, Naismith, Hughes, Maclean, Oshaniwa all retired after leaving us? Anymore I’ve missed in these last few years?

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

So that’s him, Naismith, Hughes, Maclean, Oshaniwa all retired after leaving us? Anymore I’ve missed in these last few years?

You've missed hundreds, depends on how few years you want to go back. 

😜

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Locky said:

Absolutely. Single handedly kept us in games at times and certainly denied more clear cut chances than he cost us goals.

He made good saves but also had brain farts. 

The Hologram just had brain shits, I don't think he saved anything, ever. 

Although one thing in defence of him was that I thought he was decent at crosses, maybe make a good basket ball player. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He made good saves but also had brain farts. 

The Hologram just had brain shits, I don't think he saved anything, ever. 

Although one thing in defence of him was that I thought he was decent at crosses, maybe make a good basket ball player. 

What, the hologram would be a good basket-ball player? I think not. This would be him:-

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

What, the hologram would be a good basket-ball player? I think not. This would be him:-

😁😁😁

14 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Going by his social media seemed to genuinely really enjoy Scotland

Maybe his family is settled here now?

Even them I would've thought he'd have comfortably picked up a lower SPL or championship club

Had the feeling a while ago that Mrs Zlamal was very settled in Edinburgh and that was his main reason for staying as 3rd choice rather than making a perm move elsewhere

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

That was back in April.

There was a thread at the time and oddly enough I seem to recall he wasnt at fault for most of them.

Curiously, arguably true what you say. But ... What on earth was Stendal thinking keeping that numpty between the sticks? 

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

That was back in April.

There was a thread at the time and oddly enough I seem to recall he wasnt at fault for most of them.

You appear to recall wrong 

1st - close range but still clean through him

2nd - one on one, leaves massive gap at his near post

3rd - shot from distance, most keepers his size would have got at least a hand to it

4th - shot from just inside the box, doesn't move

5th - poor clearance in the build up, nothing he could do about the actual goal

6th - penalty, seems to go through his hand

7th - ball to the back post, scambles across, guesses and goes low, shot was high

Holyrood_Hearts
9 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Curiously, arguably true what you say. But ... What on earth was Stendal thinking keeping that numpty between the sticks? 

He was good with his feet (but super shite with his hands)

Holyrood_Hearts

There’s no chance Bobby was as bad as Pereira. 

Anyway happy retirement Bobby & all the best 

Edited by Holyrood_Hearts
Mistake

3 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

There’s no chance Bobby was or worse than Pereira. 

Well said. 👍

• 9 months later...
Hectormasson
On 06/09/2021 at 18:09, Smoked-Glass said:

Did anyone rate Baloge??  

Banksy won 3 Cup winners medals in Scotland,at 3 separate clubs...probably a one and only,for a goalie, think presley might have 3  as well....

Bungalow Bill
1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

Banksy won 3 Cup winners medals in Scotland,at 3 separate clubs...probably a one and only,for a goalie, think presley might have 3  as well....

Amazing really. A pub quiz question right there. 

Bungalow Bill
On 07/09/2021 at 14:16, Holyrood_Hearts said:

There’s no chance Bobby was as bad as Pereira. 

We will never see worse than Pereira. I’d go as far as to see he’s the worst keeper I’ve ever seen at any level of football. 

Smoked-Glass
32 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

We will never see worse than Pereira. I’d go as far as to see he’s the worst keeper I’ve ever seen at any level of football. 

This.

I'd rather put a scarecrow in than that knut

46 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Agreed, literally every effort on target no matter how tame was almost a certain goal. We've had some shite players over the years, but none quite as shite as Poppadom Hands

Smoked-Glass
59 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Agreed, literally every effort on target no matter how tame was almost a certain goal. We've had some shite players over the years, but none quite as shite as Poppadom Hands

What on earth was the training like?? Kick..goal ...kick goal ...100 times in a row.

Did no one noticed the guy was a sack of dugkite ??  

We could have got some guy from championship who was currently a sub and it would have been better than poppadom hands.

2 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

What on earth was the training like?? Kick..goal ...kick goal ...100 times in a row.

We could have got some guy from championship who was currently a sub and it would have been better than poppadom hands.

Probably had a youth goalie who was looking at games thinking.....surely I'm worth giving a chance here.

3 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

There must have been a clause that he plays when fit, it’s the only explanation for it. Personally if that is the case I’d have had Berra 2 footer him at knee height in training

Smoked-Glass
30 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

There must have been a clause that he plays when fit, it’s the only explanation for it. Personally if that is the case I’d have had Berra 2 footer him at knee height in training

Haha.  But there would have been a queue.  Berra aint the fastest 🤣

Bungalow Bill
5 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

I’ve never seen you play but I’m willing to bet you’d have been better than popadom hands. 

jamboinglasgow
7 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Had the odd blunder but on the whole a good stopper - just that we've had some great one in the last 25 years

Agree, thought he got treated unfairly by some fans. I think the game against Livingston which he fell apart after two bad blunders did not help his reputation but on the whole he was fine. 

Also liked he was a bit mental as well. Loved his warmup.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, boag1874 said:

There wasn't, it's been confirmed. 

Smoked-Glass
2 hours ago, Apache Mal said:

I’ve never seen you play but I’m willing to bet you’d have been better than popadom hands. 

Could be right m8. I'm shite but I'd punch the ball or put a foot out or something....not let it go through both my hands like the ball is made of butter.

Edited by Smoked-Glass

2 hours ago, Smithee said:

There wasn't, it's been confirmed. 

I refuse to believe that. I can not fathom any other reason why he would be picked. 

Smoked-Glass
22 minutes ago, Norm said:

I refuse to believe that. I can not fathom any other reason why he would be picked. 

Maybe we all were hypnotised at once.

Byyy The Light

Bobby made an unreal save against Motherwell I think it was just before covid hit. I often wonder if I imagined it as nobody ever spoke about it

Honestly, I thought Bobby was alright. Heart attack material, but not that bad. The Livi game wrecked him but I don't think he was anywhere near the worst. Nelson, Enkelman, Perreira, obviously, Moilanen. All worse. 

I'd put him in the same category as Balogh to be honest. Not brilliant, but nowhere near our worst. 

Watt-Zeefuik
55 minutes ago, Norm said:

Stendel was just that obstinate.

Watt-Zeefuik
24 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Bobby made an unreal save against Motherwell I think it was just before covid hit. I often wonder if I imagined it as nobody ever spoke about it

One morning I heard one of the funniest Molly Ivins columns I'd ever heard read on the radio. No one ever spoke about it because that morning was 11 Sept, 2001.