Bobby Zlamal

number-16

Just noticing on Transfermarkt that he's listed as retired now - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/zdenek-zlamal/profil/spieler/43243

Haven't seen any announcement and couldn't find any threads on here but it would explain why he hasn't signed for have a new club.

He was eccentric, divided opinions and was capable of both brilliant and awful goalkeeping.

If he has hung up his gloves then happy retirement to Bobby!

He never shied away and was committed. Shame he always had some sort of calamity moment in his locker because at times he could be solid. Pish with penalties though.

Happy retirement Bobby.

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

I liked Bobby Zlamal. Wasnt great but was nowhere near as shite as some on here would have you believe.

He was the epitome of the term ‘bombscare’

If Stendel had went with Bobby instead of that clown Pereira then we probably would have avoided the drop however I'm almost convinced that Our Daniel would have found another way to take us down.

Happy retirement Bobby. 

Dropped because he had the odd mistake in him in favour of a hologram who had nothing but mistakes in him. Something I will never understand.

a very likeable player. All the best Bobby 🇱🇻❤️

queensferryjambo

How Zlamal ever got dropped for Pierera is a question that Hearts fans will ask themselves for years.

Good luck to Bobby he had his moments bad and good. 

been here before
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He was the epitome of the term ‘bombscare’

And the term 'bombscare' is the epitome of a buzzword the hard of thinking get behind on the internet.

He had a mistake or two in him absolutely, the player hasnt been born who hasnt. And like others he had exceptional moments.

Some players just get it tighter for whatever reason.

4 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

How Zlamal ever got dropped for Pierera is a question that Hearts fans will ask themselves for years.

Stendel wanted a sweeper keeper and Bobby cocked up doing that in the St Johnstone game. He also took out Berra at one point I think :laugh:

Still, agree he was miles ahead of Pereira and we wouldn't have been last when the world stopped. Must've been the Man Utd loan that made him think he'd come good.

Glamorgan Jambo

If we’d played Bobby instead of Pereira we wouldn’t have been bottom of the league when Covid struck.

if we’d played Bobby at Brora instead of Stewart I doubt we would have lost not to mention the next league game at home to QOS which resulted in one of the biggest collective meltdowns in all my years folllowing HMFC.

Not the greatest keeper ever and highly likely we paid him way too much over the length of his contract but not playing him cost Stendel his job and almost cost Neilson his.

2 minutes ago, sassenach said:

My memory might be playing tricks on me, but didn't Bobby once swing on the bar for us at the School End?  He's OK by me if he did, have a good retirement Bobby.

Was that not Banksy a few years back ?

Just his name alone makes me grateful we have Gordon back . He joins a list of keepers who have been brutal for us. The Bobby or Periera debate both stinking keepers I’m glad they are long gone with Stendel for that matter. 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

Summed up Leveins stint in charge, random signing with no longetivity, largely fine but one howler every fortnight.  Probably commanded double what a decent GK in Scotland would have asked for. All in all a total waste of time.

6 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Summed up Leveins stint in charge, random signing with no longetivity, largely fine but one howler every fortnight.  Probably commanded double what a decent GK in Scotland would have asked for. All in all a total waste of time.

Massive contract too I think last season proved it! He could of left had no part to play but saw his last year out on half decent wages and two short term loan deals. 

1 hour ago, Savage Vince said:

If Stendel had went with Bobby instead of that clown Pereira then we probably would have avoided the drop however I'm almost convinced that Our Daniel would have found another way to take us down.

Happy retirement Bobby. 

:spoton:

Bobby had his share of bomb scare moments, but at least he could stop a shot, unlike that chocolate wristed dolt.

10 hours ago, indianajones said:

Scottish Cup 2020/21 winner with St. Johnstone vs the vermin.

His revenge for getting skelped in the puss by a Hibs fan at that derby game where Lennon hit the deck when assaulted by a pound coin.......😁...

I've never seen a goalkeeping performance so poor yet still keep a clean sheet as Bobby vs Ross County in the 0-0 at Tynie. That was the game he charged out and collided with Berra despite the ball being miles away 🤣

Huge confidence player. You knew as soon as he made a mistake he would make another and then another, but on a good run he was more than decent. Would have kept him as back up over Stewart - especially last season.

Wish he hadn't came out in support of the racist that abused Kamara though.

2 hours ago, been here before said:

I liked Bobby Zlamal. Wasnt great but was nowhere near as shite as some on here would have you believe.

He was like Lev Yashin compared to the clown that replaced him.

Started well for us but seemed to get jittery early on. Had a shocker the 5 nil loss at livvy. He would have games where would make good saves but cost us goals too e.g semi at murrayfield. 

Comments on Prague racism incident might have put some teams off

A_A wehatethehibs

Pish keeper and the rose tinted “would’ve stayed up if we played him” is a weak argument.

He was garbage and played a significant portion of what, if you look, was actually relegation form stretching back to November 2018. 50 odd games

So he played half Joel played half, in that slide to oblivion. 2 gash goalkeepers, may neither of them ever be mentioned again 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

9 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

I'd rather we had this guy in goal, than JP.

p00z3y3s.thumb.jpg.7330b95bce0802e5f98943ca58eadf1a.jpg

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Pish keeper and the rose tinted “would’ve stayed up if we played him” is a weak argument.

Nope, Bobby made a save now and again

Bazzas right boot

Average overall but one who was capable of the unbelievable.. In both good and bad ways. 

Hope he enjoys retirement. 

On his day he made some of the best saves I’ve ever seen & seemed genuinely likeable & committed to hearts (also he hates hibs). On the other side of the coin he made mistakes fairly regularly & when he did they were usually absolutely catastrophic 😂, although some weren’t 100% on him (looking at you Berra). An absolute madman who was capable of both brilliance and calamity in the same breath. Hope he has a great retirement & would love to see him back in the stands as a fan.

54 minutes ago, Smithee said:

agree.

the fact that folk use the term 'bombscare' says it all for me (vs Pereira) - as it intimates Bobby would make occasional mistakes sometimes leading to us conceding a goal.

Pereira made mistakes constantly leading to us LOSING games. He was absolutely a factor in us being bottom of the table when we were voted out of the league.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

As much as Collum was conned, foolish to go at Edouards feet when he didnt need to and down too early for the 2nd, add the Murrayfield howler, not very good in the biggest matches, retirement best thing for him. Hope he enjoys it lives long and prospers.

28 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

As much as Collum was conned, foolish to go at Edouards feet when he didnt need to and down too early for the 2nd, add the Murrayfield howler, not very good in the biggest matches, retirement best thing for him. Hope he enjoys it lives long and prospers.

Aye, some players Klingon too long. 😜

A_A wehatethehibs
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

“making a save now and again” made **** all difference to results because of the soft goals he let in which seem to get forgotten by some, 30 odd other shite league performances he put in. 

Played 8 games in the relegation season 1 clean sheet, 10 conceded, W1 D4 L3

Season prior, 25 games, conceded 34. Looks even far worse than that if you take out the run at the start of that season. He conceded about 30 of those goals in about 15 games 

Results were already relegation form, prior to Joel getting swapped in.

Far as I’m concerned him and Joel, same garbage bin. Who was keeper for Livi 5-0. Who dropped the clanger to make the game easy for Celtic at Murrayfield. Who gave away the penalty in the final.  Who was keeper for the last games before demotion.

The issue was, not replacing Zlamal with a competent keeper. 

In fact the issue goes 1 step further back, not replacing Jon McLaughlin with a competent keeper. 

Irritates me the folk affectionately call this imposter “Bobby”, he was shite, glad this will be the last thread to ever mention him. Just another 1 in the list of 100+ Levein shambolic decisions.

Absolute garbage goalkeeper 

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

“making a save now and again” made **** all difference to results because of the soft goals he let in which seem to get forgotten by some, 30 odd other shite league performances he put in. 

Played 8 games in the relegation season 1 clean sheet, 10 conceded, W1 D4 L3

Season prior, 25 games, conceded 34. Looks even far worse than that if you take out the run at the start of that season. He conceded about 30 of those goals in about 15 games 

Results were already relegation form, prior to Joel getting swapped in.

Far as I’m concerned him and Joel, same garbage bin. Who was keeper for Livi 5-0. Who dropped the clanger to make the game easy for Celtic at Murrayfield. Who gave away the penalty in the final.  Who was keeper for the last games before demotion.

The issue was, not replacing Zlamal with a competent keeper. 

In fact the issue goes 1 step further back, not replacing Jon McLaughlin with a competent keeper. 

Irritates me the folk affectionately call this imposter “Bobby”, he was shite, glad this will be the last thread to ever mention him. Just another 1 in the list of 100+ Levein shambolic decisions.

Absolute garbage goalkeeper 

Better than Pereira

Horatio Caine

He was quite a character because you never knew what bizarre thing he'd do next.  Was absolutely terrible for my blood pressure though.  Like others, I wish him all the best for the future.

Edited by Horatio Caine

Decent shot stopper, a shame about  his inability to avoid brain farts. (His save against sevco when he stopped the ball on the line and inevitably was emptied into the net, top save)

Has what I'd say is possibly the best GK Warmup I have witnessed or been involved in. 

Good luck Bobby with whatever the future brings.. 👐

Think his son only started primary school a year or two ago so that may have contributed to him being hesitant to move. Still surprised he hasn't been picked up by a fife team or something like that. If he has retired then good luck to him, really nice bloke.

17 hours ago, been here before said:

100% this.

F.A.O. @A_A wehatethehibs

If you honestly think that Zlamal 'gave away' the Cup Final penalty then you must surely have been missing yer specs. That diving cheat Eduard went down early and then deliberately stuck his foot out just to make sure and in doing so, if anything, fouled Zlamal. Collum, if you care to watch a re-play, was in a good position to spot the cheating but couldn't wait to award the pen. 'Giving the ref a decision to make' absolves neither Eduard nor Collum.

Edited by Wee Mikey