What would you do?

Naisys Tackle

2 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Out of curiosity, in what way is he wrong?

Im Not wrong . For some reason he has arguing for the sake of it . 

17 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

True.  I would imagine the investigators would speak to neighbours, school staff, medics as well as the child itself.  However, if these other agencies not notice anything pointing to abuse,  would it be down to the child's testimony against his mothers description of events?

Yes the child would have a medical if there were any physical marks on him . That’s obvious so I didn’t state . However other evidence from

Schoo etc is only opinions , ie opinions maybe from teachers who have observed his interactions with his mother or generally just observed his behaviours which they may assess indicate he is distressed for whatever reason . The only evidence which matters for any conviction is the police / social work interview . This interview is only done once to obviously ensure the child doesn’t have to go through the trauma of it time and again . 

3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes the child would have a medical if there were any physical marks on him . That’s obvious so I didn’t state . However other evidence from

Schoo etc is only opinions , ie opinions maybe from teachers who have observed his interactions with his mother or generally just observed his behaviours which they may assess indicate he is distressed for whatever reason . The only evidence which matters for any conviction is the police / social work interview . This interview is only done once to obviously ensure the child doesn’t have to go through the trauma of it time and again . 

Or disclosures to school staff from the child.  Any knowledge of prior injury(s) to child from medical practitioners? Neighbours hearing verbal abuse?   Surely these would all have to be taken into consideration as evidence, otherwise it is one persons view of events against the others?

It is hoped that in the event of any suspicions from school or medical practitioners, a referral would have been submitted.

49 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Or disclosures to school staff from the child.  Any knowledge of prior injury(s) to child from medical practitioners? Neighbours hearing verbal abuse?   Surely these would all have to be taken into consideration as evidence, otherwise it is one persons view of events against the others?

It is hoped that in the event of any suspicions from school or medical practitioners, a referral would have been submitted.

When a child disclosing abuse to a school worker it sets the wheels In Motion for the booing interview . These initial interviews if by a teacher need to be delicately handled and carefully worded as not to ask led questions etc of the child . They can seriously deck up a court case if they do 

15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

When a child disclosing abuse to a school worker it sets the wheels In Motion for the booing interview . These initial interviews if by a teacher need to be delicately handled and carefully worded as not to ask led questions etc of the child . They can seriously deck up a court case if they do 

Which is exactly why the father should note down the exact conversation he had. Glad you finally got there.

13 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Which is exactly why the father should note down the exact conversation he had. Glad you finally got there.

He wasn’t on about the father he mentioned teachers etc . Even if the dad does discuss it with the child he can inadvertently muck to the evidence as such by asking leading questions etc hence that’s where the professionals come in 

20 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

The only evidence used will be the evidence which the child gives . Not second hand / hearsay evidence . Yes his statement can be given to social work but that’s about it . Unfortunately there are times parents who are in conflict with each , make false allegations against each other therefore a neutral interview is required . 

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

He wasn’t on about the father he mentioned teachers etc . Even if the dad does discuss it with the child he can inadvertently muck to the evidence as such by asking leading questions etc hence that’s where the professionals come in 

Ultimately the same principle applies. Especially if his conversation ties in with something the child disclosed to another trusted adult. 

We've came along way from the above post.

Naisys Tackle
On 06/09/2021 at 20:57, Brighton Jambo said:

You have done the right thing.  If anything else had happened and one of the kids had been hurt again you would have blamed yourself for not acting on what you knew.  

I am sorry to hear this as it sounds like a horrendous situation but hopefully now is the first step to it improving.  

Thank you. 

Can I ask this thread gets closed now though, please as it's now a police matter. 

Naisys Tackle
8 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

I recorded it.  It's dated also. 

The Real Maroonblood
22 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Thank you. 

Can I ask this thread gets closed now though, please as it's now a police matter. 

I’m sure if you message the Moderators they will oblige you.

1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Thank you. 

Good man. And Good Luck. Sounds like your child has a good father.

On 06/09/2021 at 07:19, Governor Tarkin said:

It breaks my heart having to raise my voice to them, ffs.

If anyone, mother included, pushed my kids down the stairs, it would be the absolute end of them.

I'm sure most feel the same.

Th OP has done the right thing, 100%.

I can hear the turnkey as I type.