2021 Solheim Cup

Seymour M Hersh

13 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Spot on jonno. Didn’t surprise in the least that they didn’t have the decency to hang around and congratulate the worthy winners. From start to finish, their behaviour was a disgrace. So happy for them all, especially Catriona, who really is such a down to earth lovely woman. 

She certainly is. I had a nice conversation with her on platform 7 at the Waverley whilst she was waiting on her train home to North Berwick.

Told her win it again on American soil and she will be immortal, afterall she had won it on American soil as a player.

Naturally she blushed in embarrassment. Thanked me for wishing her all the best. Very down to earth lady.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's a great story.

Arguably the greatest UK Sports victory of the year (unless Raducanu wins the US Open).

What the three English players and Scottish captain? Even BJ wouldn’t claim it as a U.K. victory. 
Well done EUROPE. 

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What the three English players and Scottish captain? Even BJ wouldn’t claim it as a U.K. victory. 
Well done EUROPE. 

True

But it can still be celebrated here. You missed the N.Ireland player. 

Malinga the Swinga

Next captain has hard job to follow CM. She has rightly said she won't captain again in Andalusia.

I can vaguely remember when US used to hammer Europe each time but the tide has turned, just as it did in Ryder cup.

Good thing is almost all European players will be around next time as none at veteran stage yet.

The Irish girl looks like a star in making and added to those coming through ranks, depth of talent getting stronger.

luckyBatistuta
46 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Next captain has hard job to follow CM. She has rightly said she won't captain again in Andalusia.

I can vaguely remember when US used to hammer Europe each time but the tide has turned, just as it did in Ryder cup.

Good thing is almost all European players will be around next time as none at veteran stage yet.

The Irish girl looks like a star in making and added to those coming through ranks, depth of talent getting stronger.

We will be even stronger next time when Hannah Darling enters the building. 

Just got sent a secret copy of the American songbook for the Ryder Cup so a bit of an exclusive here

Song 1 - USA,USA, USA

Song 2 - USA,USA, USA

Song 3 - USA,USA, USA

Song 4 - USA,USA, USA

etc etc.

Must be the least inventive nation in the world, but feel the need to be important by changing things like

All square = tied ???????????????

luckyBatistuta
42 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Just got sent a secret copy of the American songbook for the Ryder Cup so a bit of an exclusive here

Song 1 - USA,USA, USA

Song 2 - USA,USA, USA

Song 3 - USA,USA, USA

Song 4 - USA,USA, USA

etc etc.

Must be the least inventive nation in the world, but feel the need to be important by changing things like

All square = tied ???????????????

Drives me nuts when they come out with their ‘winningest’

6 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's a great story.

Arguably the greatest UK Sports victory of the year (unless Raducanu wins the US Open).

Nope Europe won the Solheim Cup, not the UK.

Samuel Camazzola
7 hours ago, John Findlay said:

She certainly is. I had a nice conversation with her on platform 7 at the Waverley whilst she was waiting on her train home to North Berwick.

Told her win it again on American soil and she will be immortal, afterall she had won it on American soil as a player.

Naturally she blushed in embarrassment. Thanked me for wishing her all the best. Very down to earth lady.

As it's the mainstream BBC who run the SPOTY, she'll be criminally overlooked for the shortlist. Although I think Adam Peaty's achievements make him the current front-runner, CM will not get a sniff as a random cricketer will get the nod or Saka for 'showing strength' after a penalty miss. 

8 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

As it's the mainstream BBC who run the SPOTY, she'll be criminally overlooked for the shortlist. Although I think Adam Peaty's achievements make him the current front-runner, CM will not get a sniff as a random cricketer will get the nod or Saka for 'showing strength' after a penalty miss. 

If the men don't win the Ryder Cup then I think the Ladies Solheim Cup team will win team of the year. If the men do win the Ryder Cup then I think the award should be shared between both teams.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

True

But it can still be celebrated here. You missed the N.Ireland player. 

Of course, I celebrated it myself. Leona Maguire was born in County Caven in Ireland and still lives in the town it was named after.

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

If the men don't win the Ryder Cup then I think the Ladies Solheim Cup team will win team of the year. If the men do win the Ryder Cup then I think the award should be shared between both teams.

Definitely. Will be interesting to see who the picks are for both teams. 
They’ve got a lot to live up to after this. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Of course, I celebrated it myself. Leona Maguire was born in County Caven in Ireland and still lives in the town it was named after.

I was up around there at the weekend, and the locals are understandably proud of her.  She grew up about 3 km from the border, as it happens.  I'm not a golfer, but Cavan would be a good spot for a wee golfing holiday.

Leona has a twin sister who was also a top-ranked amateur.  But she went into sports management because despite her best efforts she couldn't adapt her swing to get the length off the tee needed for the professional game.

I P Knightley
11 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Team Para-GB, if that's the right name, more likely to get it. Solheim/Ryder teams less likely due to being European, rather than British.

Fingers crossed for the Ryder Cup and putting it up another bunch of American supporters.

2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Team Para-GB, if that's the right name, more likely to get it. Solheim/Ryder teams less likely due to being European, rather than British.

Fingers crossed for the Ryder Cup and putting it up another bunch of American supporters.

I wouldn't begrudge the Paralympians winning. They excelled in Tokyo.

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I was up around there at the weekend, and the locals are understandably proud of her.  She grew up about 3 km from the border, as it happens.  I'm not a golfer, but Cavan would be a good spot for a wee golfing holiday.

Leona has a twin sister who was also a top-ranked amateur.  But she went into sports management because despite her best efforts she couldn't adapt her swing to get the length off the tee needed for the professional game.

I’ve known a few guys that were great players but just couldn’t make that final step, I think Maguire has a big future ahead of her. 

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’ve known a few guys that were great players but just couldn’t make that final step, I think Maguire has a big future ahead of her. 

I saw her being interviewed briefly on TV tonight.  She was at a homecoming gig in Cavan town.  People were out to see her, and the interviewer was asking her about how she felt.  She spent a lot of her answer praising other Irish sportspeople rather than talking about herself.  She seems to be a very level-headed and down to earth woman.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I saw her being interviewed briefly on TV tonight.  She was at a homecoming gig in Cavan town.  People were out to see her, and the interviewer was asking her about how she felt.  She spent a lot of her answer praising other Irish sportspeople rather than talking about herself.  She seems to be a very level-headed and down to earth woman.

All the team seem to be like that. 

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

All the team seem to be like that. 

They do indeed.  It's a great thing to see.  Let's hope the men have the edge on the US as well.

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, Ulysses said:

They do indeed.  It's a great thing to see.  Let's hope the men have the edge on the US as well.

Fingers crossed. 
Signs look good, read an article yesterday about Stricker saying his secret weapon is being prepared better than the Europeans because he’s getting his team to play Whistling Straits before the tournament. 
Then at the bottom of the article says he’s not thought of pairings yet, said the same in the live interviews. 
To me pairings are more important than knowing a course. 

Edited by Pasquale for King