2021 Solheim Cup

Seymour M Hersh

Seymour M Hersh

Just watched the opening drives of this year's cup. Europe gal had the honours and spanked one down the middle. US gal got to the tee and got the crowd going with the upping her arms thing. Stood over the ball and the crowd quieted down as golf crowds do. She walked away from the ball and got them (the crowd cheering again) helped by her team-mates all squealing and yelling. Promptly drove straight in to a fairway bunker! :rofl:

Samuel Camazzola
36 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Just watched the opening drives of this year's cup. Europe gal had the honours and spanked one down the middle. US gal got to the tee and got the crowd going with the upping her arms thing. Stood over the ball and the crowd quieted down as golf crowds do. She walked away from the ball and got them (the crowd cheering again) helped by her team-mates all squealing and yelling. Promptly drove straight in to a fairway bunker! :rofl:

I thought Kang missed the bunker (although I still found it funny that she whipped the crowd up only to miss  the fairway). Bubba did something similar in a recent Ryder Cup. 

Impressive play with the group who halved with eagles. 

Malinga the Swinga

Referee cheating to award hole to US in one game. Said Euro player picked up ball 3 seconds early when conceding putt and it could have gone in.

Bring honest, ball wasn't dropping if she'd left it for another 3 years.

Korda never claimed it, all down to ref wanting to be involved.

11 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

'Overhanging' the hole

20210904_230945.jpg

Overhanging! Only the yanks would see that as overhanging. What a bunch they are. Lack of class and sportsmanship at times.

2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Overhanging! Only the yanks would see that as overhanging. What a bunch they are. Lack of class and sportsmanship at times.

No. You have to wait 10 seconds, she didn't. Cruel but that's the rule.

Seymour M Hersh
13 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Only winning suffices for many of them. She looked like a proper little jobsworth in the clip though. Given a modicum of power and instantly presses the abuse it button. 

21 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

No. You have to wait 10 seconds, she didn't. Cruel but that's the rule.

I understand the rule but I'm fairly sure Europe wouldn't have bothered if it was them. It's about sportsmanship at times and this was a time to show it.

8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Only winning suffices for many of them. She looked like a proper little jobsworth in the clip though. Given a modicum of power and instantly presses the abuse it button. 

Winning is everything for them. When you see other sports and the American competitor loses, you can see the dollar signs going backwards in their eyes in a cartoon type of way 😆. If you catch my drift.

On 04/09/2021 at 12:47, Seymour M Hersh said:

Literally just did the same thing today in the fourballs 🤣

22 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I've hibsed it....

That was awful the last hour of the foursomes was terrible from Europe threw away at least 2points

17 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

'Overhanging' the hole

20210904_230945.jpg

An Earthquake wouldn’t have made that drop if you waited an hour. Common sense still needs applied at times. 

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

The issue is that the ball was never going to drop in a million years, but the girl did make the mistake of picking it up. 

However, as eloquently put by Trish Johnston, the match official should really only have intervened had Korda or her partner said something but she was too busy dropping to her knees and would never have even got there in 10 seconds. Korda had no intention of complaining as she knew it wouldn't drop.

In essence, the Yank official questioned the European girl's integrity. 

That cannot be argued really.

👌🏻 Spot on imo. Korda knew that wasn’t going in. Golfers know themselves if it has a chance. That ball didn’t. Anyway hopefully we can smash them this afternoon and recover the momentum. That first hole isnt promising though

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, sadj said:

Didnt realise Nelly Korda was Petr Korda’s daughter 👍🏻

Aye - they're some family. His son, Sebastian, is heading for the upper echelons of professional tennis himself. Should have got a few rounds into the US Open this week but had an injury. I think there's another sibling who's pretty handy at some sport or other. Is that vague enough for you?

4 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Aye - they're some family. His son, Sebastian, is heading for the upper echelons of professional tennis himself. Should have got a few rounds into the US Open this week but had an injury. I think there's another sibling who's pretty handy at some sport or other. Is that vague enough for you?

Didnt realise there was Jessica too 🤣 crazy high level of ability from the whole family

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

Petr's wife was a pro tennis player too. Not sure what her tour pedigree was like but she did compete at the Olympics. 

luckyBatistuta
23 minutes ago, benny said:

Two up going into the singles.

Thought it was a pretty average day today.Nothing special.

Watched it on youtube hope it is on there tomorrow.

Some unbelievably good putting on show.

Hopefully Europe can see it through. 

Malinga the Swinga
8 hours ago, benny said:

Two up going into the singles.

Thought it was a pretty average day today.Nothing special.

Watched it on youtube hope it is on there tomorrow.

It is. Starts 4.30pm

Malinga the Swinga
8 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I also think the American crowd have been disgraceful at times during this.

If they are badly behaved at this, wait till Ryder Cup and it will be 100 times worse.

All it does is ripe up Europeans though and they thrive on it.

9 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I also think the American crowd have been disgraceful at times during this.

There'll be decent American golf fans thinking exactly the same as yourself, can only hope it emboldens our lassies.

36 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Bubba Watson noncing about singing on the 1st tee.

Seriously weirdo behaviour

Saw that. Looked a right twat!

The blaring music from the first tee is quite tacky I think. Can they not just stfu and let us enjoy the crowd?

Typical generic American sports type of wooing. Ryder Cup this time will be the same I guess.

11 minutes ago, kila said:

The blaring music from the first tee is quite tacky I think. Can they not just stfu and let us enjoy the crowd?

Typical generic American sports type of wooing. Ryder Cup this time will be the same I guess.

American golf fans are really unbearable.

Not helped by some of their players.

Malinga the Swinga

US tv coverage is absolutely garbage. You only see US players shots, or else you see European missing. Boutier won but you never saw her game, Ciganda is winning but don't think she's been seen for hour or so.

Stick their USA chant up their backsides.

They can dump Dottie Pepper as well because she's as biased as they come.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Malinga the Swinga

Tragic play from some of European team nearing end of singles. Putting has disintegrated and drives going everywhere bar fairway.

Still a chance though.

Malinga the Swinga

Great up and down from Carsten. Lovely that Salas lost that game as her demeanor is shocking.

Great victory and Solheim cup win for Europe.

Beanie does it again.

Malinga the Swinga

Unreal number of he's have come down to 18th and overall, European putts have dropped when required.

Even Popov kept match on course for an age after it seemed all over and Reid doing same.

Kang had nightmare on 15th with three putts from nowhere to allow Europe to go dormie.

31 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Unreal number of he's have come down to 18th and overall, European putts have dropped when required.

Even Popov kept match on course for an age after it seemed all over and Reid doing same.

Kang had nightmare on 15th with three putts from nowhere to allow Europe to go dormie.

Funny that the hole is not normally the 18th but the members wanted it changed so their flagship whole got maximum coverage.

luckyBatistuta
57 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Fantastic performance and how much fun was it watching the Yanks buggering off to the exits nearly as fast as the muppets on 19/05/12. 

Classless losers.

Well done girls and Catriona Matthew and her vice captains. 

Now let's see the men do the double.

Spot on jonno. Didn’t surprise in the least that they didn’t have the decency to hang around and congratulate the worthy winners. From start to finish, their behaviour was a disgrace. So happy for them all, especially Catriona, who really is such a down to earth lovely woman. 

13 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Spot on jonno. Didn’t surprise in the least that they didn’t have the decency to hang around and congratulate the worthy winners. From start to finish, their behaviour was a disgrace. So happy for them all, especially Catriona, who really is such a down to earth lovely woman. 

We Love you Beany We Do……..

9 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

US tv coverage is absolutely garbage. You only see US players shots, or else you see European missing. Boutier won but you never saw her game, Ciganda is winning but don't think she's been seen for hour or so.

Stick their USA chant up their backsides.

They can dump Dottie Pepper as well because she's as biased as they come.

The Americans have always struggled with TV match play coverage and treat it like a stroke play event.

The Mighty Thor

7 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Fantastic performance and how much fun was it watching the Yanks buggering off to the exits nearly as fast as the muppets on 19/05/12. 

Classless losers.

Well done girls and Catriona Matthew and her vice captains. 

Now let's see the men do the double.

Yoooesssayyy

😂