Important dates in your life

John Findlay

I know this may not interest many, but september the 4th has always been an important date in my life for me. Forty two years ago on this date that I walked through the gates of Hms Raleigh, Torpoint Cornwall at the grand old age of 16 years and 4 months and my life changed forever.

The next eleven years turned out to be the biggest and best education of my life.

I am third from the left middle row as you look at this photo. Benbow 36 class, all Naval Radio Operators in the making.

FB_IMG_1549281891106.jpg

Governor Tarkin

Nice one, John.

I know it's corny, but the day my first laddie was born changed everything for me.

I suspect a lot of folk will be the same.

Being present at the birth of each of my 3 children, watching the miracle of life before your very eyes.

John: My oldest daughter would have been about the same age as you (just over 16) when she walked through the gates of HMS Raleigh, she was in Comms as well, she served aboard HMS Somerset for a couple of years, she ended up working at Faslane.  She was only in 4 years, but is one of the best things she ever did.

43 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Being present at the birth of each of my 3 children, watching the miracle of life before your very eyes.

John: My oldest daughter would have been about the same age as you (just over 16) when she walked through the gates of HMS Raleigh, she was in Comms as well, she served aboard HMS Somerset for a couple of years, she ended up working at Faslane.  She was only in 4 years, but is one of the best things she ever did.

👍👍