Armed Police at Picardy🤷🏼‍♂️

luckyBatistuta

Just been sent a video of what happened. Armed police pulled over a blue BMW at the junction going from Leith Street round to York Place/Broughton Street. Driver got out and was taken into a police car but the police kept their guns aimed at the car so I assume there was still someone in it. Video ends as the person recording was in their cat and drove off when the lights changed.

luckyBatistuta
Just now, Sooperstar said:

Just been sent a video of what happened. Armed police pulled over a blue BMW at the junction going from Leith Street round to York Place/Broughton Street. Driver got out and was taken into a police car but the police kept their guns aimed at the car so I assume there was still someone in it. Video ends as the person recording was in their cat and drove off when the lights changed.

🤔 the plot thickens, folk thought I was crazy too...

scott herbertson
15 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Jeez - must be a huge cat

25 Very Funny Lion Pictures

luckyBatistuta
40 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

im still not convinced that youre not crazy

Neither am I 🤣

49 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Just watched it, cops weren’t taking any chances. That’s Leith for you

15 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just watched it, cops weren’t taking any chances. That’s Leith for you

You'd think a cabbie would be aware of the Leith boundary. 

luckyBatistuta
8 minutes ago, Tazio said:

You'd think a cabbie would be aware of the Leith boundary. 

I am, the street names a clue 🤔😁

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Did anyone contact the RSPCA? :shocked666:

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

So is Lanark Road in Lanark? How about Dublin Street? London Road?  

It’s the top of Leith. You can nitpick if you want. If you want to get out maps and and break it all down, it’s technically not, but it’s accepted as part of Leith these days. Large majority of the residents in Edinburgh will tell you that. Pretty much everyone who wants to go to Gayfield, Omni, gets in and says, just up the top of Leith please. Stop being a pedant 😁

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It’s the top of Leith. You can nitpick if you want. If you want to get out maps and and break it all down, it’s technically not, but it’s accepted as part of Leith these days. Large majority of the residents in Edinburgh will tell you that. Pretty much everyone who wants to go to Gayfield, Omni, gets in and says, just up the top of Leith please. Stop being a pedant 😁

Pedant? No. just someone from Leith. Don't want all the Greenside riff raff included.🥰

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Pedant? No. just someone from Leith. Don't want all the Greenside riff raff included.🥰

You don’t want to be included with the upmarket section of Leith😱

The lower you go in Leith, the lower you go

6 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

You don’t want to be included with the upmarket section of Leith😱

The lower you go in Leith, the lower you go

the what? is there such a thing as an upmarket part of leith?

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the what? is there such a thing as an upmarket part of leith?

Exactly 😁🤣

5 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952ace3c676a004b9a678

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Alright guys, I meant car FFS. Give a guy a break.

It’s kickback soops, deal with it ya big pussy🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It’s kickback soops, deal with it ya big pussy🤣🤣🤣

I saved this thread for you. Some gratitude please.

luckyBatistuta
28 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I saved this thread for you. Some gratitude please.

You did aye, sorry. Lay off with  the cat jokes guys, Sooperstar is feline a bit sensitive today

Byyy The Light
9 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

You did aye, sorry. Lay off with  the cat jokes guys, Sooperstar is feline a bit sensitive today

He’s a whisker away from reporting you 

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

No way is Picardy place in Leith. Leith stops at the boundary bar, or whatever it's called these days

According to Google Maps, Picardy Place is the beginning of Leith Walk. How wrong they are. Leith Walk doesn't become Leith Walk at all until Pilrig Street, as you say, hence the pub names Boundary Bar and City Limits.

13 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Quite purrturbed, by the sounds of it. 

Edited by ri Alban

On 06/09/2021 at 13:32, sadj said:

I love this place at times 🤣🤣🤣

Folk are having kittens here over nothing.

Edited by Armageddon