England

Ked

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Totally agree. Great team and must be winners. Surely.

20210903_092558.jpg

Remember folk said they  Never won anything because Gerrard and Lampard couldn't play together in CM bollocks!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Ked

• Brighton Jambo

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King

20210903_092558.jpg

Apart from RB and GK what a team of players that is, far superior to the current side. 

Ainsley Harriott
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

20210903_092558.jpg

I would reckon the fact the current squad reached a euros final already puts them a head of this lot. Young average squad age as well. I wouldnt be surprised if they win the next euros in 4 years.

13 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

If you’re denying England are one of the top sides around just now, you’re just lying to yourself. They were excellent tonight.

They are a very young side though. Which means they’re not going anywhere, any time soon. But also means they lack experience. I can’t see them winning the World Cup.

I think in the starting lineup only Walker, Stones and Sterling have won the Premier League, and Mount has won the Champions League. Oh and Pickford is a massive weak link.

He should be but for some weird reason he has been very good at the Euro's and World Cup finals.

Any team that gets to a semi final of a world Cup and final of a Euro are not shite.

Still don't think they will win the World Cup though in Qatar.

9 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Well Italy until the final for one😂

It's pointless me answering any further really as all you'll do is give your opinion as to why England are better than any other team I mention so let's just say in my opinion England didn't face the the best teams in the knock out stages, unless you think Germany, Ukraine, and Denmark are the three best teams in Europe.

OK, I won't ask you any further questions then. 

The challenge is also to not get worked out and stopped. 

I think Italy could be in danger of getting worked out so need to keep ahead of things. 

Not clear yet how England keep ahead though they do have potential. Keep playing the same and they will be worked out. 

Edited by Mikey1874

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The challenge is also to not get worked out and stopped. 

I think Italy could be in danger of getting worked out so need to keep ahead of things. 

Not clear yet how England keep ahead though they do have potential. Keep playing the same and they will be worked out. 

I hope not but wouldn't be surprised if they won a tournament in the next few years   all those players that won the under 21 and 18 championships a few years ago are only getting better at tournament football.  

Nightmare if it happens. 

Good team, relatively young so you would imagine they will mature as a team and improve. Main problem is and as it has been for years is that they are over hyped by the media at every tournament. 

2 minutes ago, fila said:

Good team, relatively young so you would imagine they will mature as a team and improve. Main problem is and as it has been for years is that they are over hyped by the media at every tournament. 

I would love Scotland to be ‘over-hyped’ and get to a major tournament final, only to lose to Italy.  🤷🏿‍♂️

Just now, Morgan said:

I would love Scotland to be ‘over-hyped’ and get to a major tournament final, only to lose to Italy.  🤷🏿‍♂️

Media over hyped them, they had the easiest route to the finals , they were good but not good enough . 

Scotland were over hyped as well 

15 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I would reckon the fact the current squad reached a euros final already puts them a head of this lot. Young average squad age as well. I wouldnt be surprised if they win the next euros in 4 years.

If they had England's fixtures at the last 2 tournaments, they'd be World and European champion's.  This lot couldn't even beat Scotland at home.:rofl: Scotland, and we are pish.

Edited by ri Alban

6 hours ago, Morgan said:

78 again, We'll never allow ourselves to fall that far again.

C'mon Italy. :verysmug: 

England have hosted the euros twice, they won't get the chance again for a very long time. And VAR will make sure 66 will never happen again. 

Just like Scotland at euro 2020, but more effort put into not winning it. Nae luck.

Edited by ri Alban

12 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

I hope not but wouldn't be surprised if they won a tournament in the next few years   all those players that won the under 21 and 18 championships a few years ago are only getting better at tournament football.  

Nightmare if it happens. 

Southgate isn't playing some of the best youngsters. Sancho and Bellingham can't get in the team. Greenwood not in the squad. Reece James not in either. 

If he sticks with Rice and Phillips then he needs the best wing backs. And a shame we night never see their best attacking combination. 

What England need is to fail badly in Qatar to maybe get more attacking team. 

Southgate isn't playing some of the best youngsters. Sancho and Bellingham can't get in the team. Greenwood not in the squad. Reece James not in either. 

If he sticks with Rice and Phillips then he needs the best wing backs. And a shame we night never see their best attacking combination. 

Southgate is the only thing that might hold them back.  Another english manager that just isn't that good.  Diddums. 

On 02/09/2021 at 22:02, Ked said:

Hungary has an impressive record.

Scoring 4 on their patch and Englanf dont know how to create

hungary lost again this time to albania

ToadKiller Dog

England do have a decent side enough to win the WC next year possibly but I don't think they will .

There are no truly great international sides at the moment .certain no side looks unbeatable .

France if they get their shit together maybe .

On 04/09/2021 at 10:32, Mikey1874 said:

Results suggest he is picking the correct team however Sterling and Grealish need to do more than just look tricky because their final ball (or no final ball, in Raheem’s case) cost them the game last night. 

10 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Curious. 

Brilliant goal by Harry Kane. But not much else. 

Maybe just a rare off day. Though there is a pattern in the slow build up. 

What you on about now, make your mind up are they a one man team, not that great or is it's rare day off!

8 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

What you on about now, make your mind up are they a one man team, not that great or is it's rare day off!

I’ve got to agree with you, Lf 👍

It’s what one might call a slightly ‘contradictory’ post!  😀

37 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Cheers Morgan, sometimes I just can't bite my tongue but have mellowed lol.

8 hours ago, Ski Nae said:

Any idea about the yellow cards shown to Maguire and (was it) Glick? 

The Polish are saying the English have accused Glik of racially abusing Walker. Denied. 

If England do well, so be it. 

I had a great night watching them lose the final a few months back. 

Watching themselves whip up a soapy lather of delight about how good they are and how it's coming home only to not win is almost as good as Scotland winning :gok:

2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Why? They have Kane and very boring and can have an off day. All at the same time.

Anyway, Feck England.

On 02/09/2021 at 22:07, Ked said:

Against Scotland they were off form.

Denmark were and are on a great run.

The Italian team were the team of the tournament but a little fortunate to win.

Off form? Yeah don't give Scotland any credit mate. Cringeworthy.

On 03/09/2021 at 11:28, County Durham Hearts said:

They are becoming stronger every time this group are together, so would not rule them out winning World Cup or Euro's... what I will say though as I now notice why you get upset with the media, heard Lee Dixon say last night why do England have to play sides like Poland,  Hungary and Albania,  quite arrogant of him and really saying miss out qualifying altogether.

Dixon is an arrogant, little Englander - surprised he doesn't wear the full cheerleading outfit when he's on tv. Prick of a man.

On 03/09/2021 at 13:22, Ainsley Harriott said:

With everything to their advantage really - and they still didn't manage it. That is a good as it will ever get for England. 

49 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Why? They have Kane and very boring and can have an off day. All at the same time.

Anyway, Feck England.

They have more than just Kane, ri.

Anyway, I don’t want another Scotland/England battle with you, so Feck England!  👍

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Off form? Yeah don't give Scotland any credit mate. Cringeworthy.

Dixon is an arrogant, little Englander - surprised he doesn't wear the full cheerleading outfit when he's on tv. Prick of a man.

With everything to their advantage really - and they still didn't manage it. That is a good as it will ever get for England. 

Dixon was begging for the full time whistle at the Euros match. 

England were not off form that day. They were simply nullified and fortunate to escape with a point. 

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

They have more than just Kane, ri.

Anyway, I don’t want another Scotland/England battle with you, so Feck England!  👍

They have an over-reliance on diving and falling over. Kane, Sterling, Grealish are all constantly looking for free kicks and pens. It got them through the semi and in the final the ref gave them little and they had nothing else... For some reason Poland thought it was a good idea to be physical at the back last night and it nearly cost them. The one thing Scotland did well against England was to stand off their diving front men and be robust in the England half. That also threw them...

43 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

They have an over-reliance on diving and falling over. Kane, Sterling, Grealish are all constantly looking for free kicks and pens. It got them through the semi and in the final the ref gave them little and they had nothing else... For some reason Poland thought it was a good idea to be physical at the back last night and it nearly cost them. The one thing Scotland did well against England was to stand off their diving front men and be robust in the England half. That also threw them...

Southgate is a bit predictable, a bit like our manager, but the young players in reserve that they have, their talent is frightening.