England

Ked

Just now, Ked said:

No.

I just watched a game ,gave my opinion now theres some banger guessing who I am calling me weird etc.

Not you just didnt see your link with my reply.

Cant be arsed now tbh as just feel I'm getting drawn into posting like the banger who is obviously one of those bitter plastic tartan types.

I watched Italy tonight. 

No way are England going to beat them in Qatar. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Ked

• Brighton Jambo

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I tend to agree as there is no evidence to the contrary.  

I was merely pointing out that you cannot legitimately and credibly say that a team that just lost a final on penalties is ‘nowhere near’.  That is the only point I was making I don’t want to get caught up in some big debate over England’s prospects for a World Cup they haven’t even qualified for. 

Croatia 

How are they doing? Are they near? 

There's another forum I post on, whenever England play I always comment on how much I'd like someone to go through Sterling and end his season (at least)... however this isn't that forum and this isn't the time to approach such an unsavoury subject, therefore on this occasion I'll bite my tongue.

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They played well. Same players, style and approach. Just Bulgaria defended with their lives and scored good breakaway equaliser. 

I meant to watch it actually. Will still breeze that group. 

5 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

😂 I’d be thinking of your next username if I were you. 

I've had only one previously.

Thought you said bye bye.

But like  most bangers you talk shite.

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Croatia 

How are they doing? Are they near? 

Englands team lost that game 50+ days ago.  

Croatia lost in a final well over three years ago.

But what’s the point: every thread I’m on you find a reason to pick an argument.  

Genuine question and for once be honest.  When we lost the final to Celtic on penalties would you describe that as being nowhere near wining the Scottish cup? 

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I watched Italy tonight. 

No way are England going to beat them in Qatar. 

I didnt watch them.

They are a great team.Just see a progression from England and I am impressed with tonight's performance.

1 minute ago, Ked said:

Insults won't help you. 

Watch some more games. Not clashing with England I'd recommend Ukraine v France Sat 7.45pm, Switzerland v Italy Sun 7.45pm, Netherlands v Turkey Tues 7.45pm.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Insults won't help you. 

Watch some more games. Not clashing with England I'd recommend Ukraine v France Sat 7.45pm, Switzerland v Italy Sun 7.45pm, Netherlands v Turkey Tues 7.45pm.

👌

34 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

That’s because they’re nowhere near the level required to win the euros let alone the World Cup. 

Italy played with them like a kitten. 

This is nonsense.

Italy were the better side over the 120 minutes granted but to say they were nowhere near the level required to win it when the match went to penalties is just silly. 

7 minutes ago, Ked said:

If I were you, I’d sue the charm school.  :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Englands team lost that game 50+ days ago.  

Croatia lost in a final well over three years ago.

But what’s the point: every thread I’m on you find a reason to pick an argument.  

Genuine question and for once be honest.  When we lost the final to Celtic on penalties would you describe that as being nowhere near wining the Scottish cup? 

Italy were so far ahead of England in that game there's no comparison. England aren't in Italy's league. And that's the problem they have. They will lose to better teams. Actually they did better by beating Denmark but needed to cheat to do it. Ref sussed them in final. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Brighton Jambo
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Italy were so far ahead of England in that game there's no comparison. England aren't in Italy's league. And that's the problem they have. They will lose to better teams. Actually they did better by beating Denmark but needed to cheat to do it. 

I haven’t once said anything to the contrary on England merits vs Italy.  However the facts are the game went to penalties.

I ask again, when we lost to Celtic on penalties would you then characterise that as being nowhere near winning the Scottish cup.

I don’t know why this bothers you so much, as other posters have referenced above what was said about England being nowhere near when they just reached a final and lost on penalties is patently and factually wrong.  

edit: that’s in relation to Euros I am not speculating on World Cup not even qualified for. 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

If I were you, I’d sue the charm school.  :thumbsup:

I'd just watched the game and posted my thoughts.

Didnt expect that response.

But will contact a lawyer first thing.

😛

Just now, Ked said:

I'd just watched the game and posted my thoughts.

Didnt expect that response.

But will contact a lawyer first thing.

😛

Good lad.  👍

13 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I haven’t once said anything to the contrary on England merits vs Italy.  However the facts are the game went to penalties.

I ask again, when we lost to Celtic on penalties would you then characterise that as being nowhere near winning the Scottish cup.

I don’t know why this bothers you so much, as other posters have referenced above what was said about England being nowhere near when they just reached a final and lost on penalties is patently and factually wrong.  

edit: that’s in relation to Euros I am not speculating on World Cup not even qualified for. 

I'm calm. Just debating it. 

It's interesting that in England the main reaction wasn't to say 'we only lost on penalties, look how close we got'. 

It was to criticise Southgate for being too negative. 

Brighton Jambo
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I'm calm. Just debating it. 

It's interesting that in England the main reaction wasn't to say 'we only lost on penalties, look how close we got'. 

It was to criticise Southgate for being too negative. 

Well I don’t live in England so I have a different perspective 😉.  Fine margins, if he goes more expansive they maybe don’t even get that far and yet if they don’t they will almost always come unstuck against top teams.  

Anyway it was what it was, England reached a final and exceeded all my expectations pre tournament and especially after that Scotland game.  Better team won the final on the day I have no complaints there.  I also agree we had the easier side of the draw but not much point worrying about that as all England could do was win their group and trust to luck which they got.  

Do I think they will win the World Cup if they qualify, no, do I think they could go far with a decent draw, yes.  That will do for me.

anyway if you don’t mind I will save any further chat on England until they have qualified and the tournament is just around the corner.  

Enjoy the rest of your night.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Gordon Ramsay

England are a decent side but they'll not be winning any world cup. Better sides out there with more bottle too. 

Blew the best chance they'll ever have and I'm glad I got to witness it 🤣

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

They’re too close together to get an even cook. Shame as they look nice. 

Everyone loves a banger.

England have a good squad but as a team i am not convinced at all. I feel like they need a good wind behind them to achieve whatsoever. As for the Euros yes they got to the final but I reckon they would have pinched it in terms of a favourable draw. I seem to remember them talking about not wanting to win a certain game for fear of meeting Germany ? Cant remember. Thats not ability, thats a cultural mentality and having been all over Europe its certainly not eg a French or Italian mentality. Perhaps that mental strength or lack of was their ultimate undoing. Not looking to back anyone here. Thats my opinion based on my experience. Its a discussion forum - best regards

Edited by 160598

7 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

When I was a kid a banger was  either an old car, a sausage, or a firework. 

As a big fan of the evolution of language, I’m actually not that disappointed it’s now also an insult 😂

was a go-er in my day

SpruceBringsteen

They could have the strength of Superman, problem is they've got the bottle of Scooby ****ing Doo.

They'll do well then absolutely soil themselves when it matters. Again.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, sassenach said:

I don't really care too much about international football, and I didn't watch tonight's game, but I'll put my twopenn'orth in.

My feeling is that, while the current England side is probably the best organised and has the best overall players for many a year, we are missing two very important players.  Specifically a goalkeeper of the calibre of a Shilton or a Clemence, and a magician to do something special like a Gascoigne.

With the addition of players such as those I think we could do something really special, but the current great organisation is not quite enough. England will always eventually come unstuck against another well-organised team with a bit of individual star quality.

Whilst I agree with all of that, aoart from Shilton who my abiding memory of was his inability to back pedal against Germany when they were put out (not sure the Tournament maybe WC82) and being out jumped by a 5’3” Maradona with his hand level with his head whilst his was outstretched like Superman in treacle 😆
Like Hibs and Spurs they always find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. 

Pasquale for King

Apart from having yet another poor goalkeeper, not had a works class one since Banks, they have almost too many good forwards to squeeze them in. Midfield of Rice and Phillips are needed to protect guys like Maguire and Shaw who like the biggest problem, a defensive manager, have never won **** all. In fact less than half the squad have won anything. 

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, VALDOS' said:

There's another forum I post on, whenever England play I always comment on how much I'd like someone to go through Sterling and end his season (at least)... however this isn't that forum and this isn't the time to approach such an unsavoury subject, therefore on this occasion I'll bite my tongue.

I got a week sabbatical for saying similar about Hibs new signing. 
Ive never seen anyone give Sterling a good kick to be honest, to quick and great at “avoiding” a challenge. 

If you’re denying England are one of the top sides around just now, you’re just lying to yourself. They were excellent tonight.

They are a very young side though. Which means they’re not going anywhere, any time soon. But also means they lack experience. I can’t see them winning the World Cup.

I think in the starting lineup only Walker, Stones and Sterling have won the Premier League, and Mount has won the Champions League. Oh and Pickford is a massive weak link.

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

If you’re denying England are one of the top sides around just now, you’re just lying to yourself. They were excellent tonight.

They are a very young side though. Which means they’re not going anywhere, any time soon. But also means they lack experience. I can’t see them winning the World Cup.

I think in the starting lineup only Walker, Stones and Sterling have won the Premier League, and Mount has won the Champions League. Oh and Pickford is a massive weak link.

Been one of the 'top sides' since 1966. 

Just glad they gave the team followed by racist fans a doing , I usually have a keen interest in teams doing well against England, but not last night. I also thought they played with discipline.

8 hours ago, Ked said:

No doubting they are pedigree.

Easily swept Hungary aside.

If the finals were not in a joke of a country I'd fancy them to win the next world cup.

Really building something .

Aye against a very big hungarian side, they are a very good team.

The Mighty Thor
8 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

😂 I’d be thinking of your next username if I were you. 

Late night fishing expedition with a reasonable haul. 

He'll be sitting back nursing a semi. 😂

Ainsley Harriott
9 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Appreciate you’re out for bites but that’s total shite. 

England got beat by the first good team they played in the Euros. 

As they always have done in every tournament they’ve been in in my 51 years on this planet. 

They don’t have the players, nor the tactics to win a tournament. 

Germany?

A_A wehatethehibs
4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I got a week sabbatical for saying similar about Hibs new signing. 
Ive never seen anyone give Sterling a good kick to be honest, to quick and great at “avoiding” a challenge. 

The Spurs right back absolutely run him ragged the other week, look up the highlights you’ll enjoy it 

edit - here

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

8 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

No mate. It’s not silly or nonsense. It’s what my opinion is of England’s route to the final. 

You’ve acknowledged Italy were the better team and my viewpoint is that if England were in the tougher side of the draw they would have been knocked out earlier. 

That’s why I said in my 51 years on this planet England always get knocked out by the first decent team they play.

England are a bit like Hearts in Europe. We normally beat the teams we should and get beat off the teams that should beat us. 

I wasn’t looking for an argument. 

So who were all the decent sides that England were lucky to avoid playing in the recent euros? 

7 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

When I was a kid a banger was  either an old car, a sausage, or a firework. 

As a big fan of the evolution of language, I’m actually not that disappointed it’s now also an insult 😂

Could be worse. You could be called a pie !

🥴

Ainsley Harriott

England are a really good team with some world class players. Anyone who kids themselves on that they aren't is at risk of sounding a bit bitter 

England are a good team and seem to handle qualifying for tournaments with ease.  At the tournaments they start to get found out.  They were given basically a home championship with many of the usual suspects (Germany, Spain etc) going through transition including a young Italian side.  All the cards stacked in their favour and yet they still fail to win it.  Good team? yes  Bottle to win the big tournaments?  You tell me.  

Edited by TexasAndy

59 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

England are a really good team with some world class players. Anyone who kids themselves on that they aren't is at risk of sounding a bit bitter 

Totally agree. Great team and must be winners. Surely.

20210903_092558.jpg

Edited by Mikey1874

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Totally agree. Great team and must be winners.

20210903_092558.jpg

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Put down of the year!!!

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

England have had better teams and never won anything. There are many teams better than England atm. 

The Old Tolbooth

England always look good in qualifiers and the early stages of a comp, then when it gets a bit nervy for them, they shit the bed, they truly are the Spurs of international football. 

I think there are plenty teams I'd fancy to beat them, especially away from Wembley, but they're a good team and if they get a favorable team could go far in any tournament.  

To win a world Cup they're going to have to beat a few  better teams though so can't see it.  Draw is all important.

They do have very good squad depth in some areas, but far less so at CF, CH and in goal.

County Durham Hearts
13 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Argentina

Brazil

Chile

Mexico

Belgium

Italy

France

All teams I'd back to beat England on a one off game.

They are becoming stronger every time this group are together, so would not rule them out winning World Cup or Euro's... what I will say though as I now notice why you get upset with the media, heard Lee Dixon say last night why do England have to play sides like Poland,  Hungary and Albania,  quite arrogant of him and really saying miss out qualifying altogether.

County Durham Hearts
13 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

England are boring pish !! 

Give me boring pish any day if it as 4 nil win in difficult circumstances,  we got a canny manager for a Smoggy who was a defender in his playing days and that's why you think it is boring as build from the back and pass back or sideways, a bit like Robbie in that sense.

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

England have had better teams and never won anything. There are many teams better than England atm. 

Agree 100%