England

Ked

No doubting they are pedigree.

Easily swept Hungary aside.

If the finals were not in a joke of a country I'd fancy them to win the next world cup.

Really building something .

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Ked

• Brighton Jambo

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Ked said:

If the finals were not in a joke of a country I'd fancy them to win the next world cup.

They just played every game of Euro2020 at Wembley and still made an arse of it.

Pedigree Chum!

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

They just played every game of Euro2020 at Wembley and still made an arse of it.

Pedigree Chum!

Nearly every game!

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

Appreciate you’re out for bites but that’s total shite. 

England got beat by the first good team they played in the Euros. 

As they always have done in every tournament they’ve been in in my 51 years on this planet. 

They don’t have the players, nor the tactics to win a tournament. 

They came very close to winning a competition that was very open. Had their early supremacy in that final led to a second goal then it would have been very hard for their opponents. 

Can't see them coming close in the WC but the next euros will be interesting. 

8 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Appreciate you’re out for bites but that’s total shite. 

England got beat by the first good team they played in the Euros. 

As they always have done in every tournament they’ve been in in my 51 years on this planet. 

They don’t have the players, nor the tactics to win a tournament. 

Bites?

Settled at the back albeit not a great keeper.

Balanced in midfield.Pacey with a bit bite.Sterling is a cracking player Kane a goalscorer.

And a great team spirit with a manager that has the team onside.

Why am I looking for bites?

Dont be ridiculous

Edited by Ked

Malinga the Swinga
13 minutes ago, Ked said:

Argentina

Brazil

Chile

Mexico

Belgium

Italy

France

All teams I'd back to beat England on a one off game.

8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Pedigree Chum!

Weren't far away and blew it .

They look like a team that's maturing .

Nae luck if they get a hard draw. England have been making qualifying easy for 20 years. 

Bulgaria drew with Italy tonight and Bosnia drew with France last night. Are they shite? 

17 minutes ago, Ked said:

So you don't think they'll do well in Qatar? 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Argentina

Brazil

Chile

Mexico

Belgium

Italy

France

All teams I'd back to beat England on a one off game.

And teams that England are capable if beating.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

So you don't think they'll do well in Qatar? 

I think Qatar makes for a different set of skills given the conditions.

They're just not all that great, we saw at the Euros how they struggle against organised teams, Scotland and Denmark and Italy proved that.

They just don't create much when teams know how to defend.

Just now, VALDOS' said:

They're just not all that great, we saw at the Euros how they struggle against organised teams, Scotland and Denmark and Italy proved that.

They just don't create much when teams know how to defend.

Hungary has an impressive record.

Scoring 4 on their patch and Englanf dont know how to create

1 minute ago, Ked said:

I think Qatar makes for a different set of skills given the conditions.

Air conditioned stadiums keeping the temperature below most summer events? 

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, Ked said:

And teams that England are capable if beating.

In your opinion but not mine. Haven't even mentioned Japan, Portugal, Germany, Netherlands or Denmark.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Brighton Jambo

Hungary are a decent team who can compete with the big guns on their day as they proved in the Euros.

They have lost one game in 14 before tonight and we’re at home in front of a 60,000 partisan crowd.

To go and win 4-0 there is a very impressive result and to say otherwise is ignorant and churlish.

However to use that result as the pretext for making England one of the favourites for the World Cup is ridiculously premature. 

1 minute ago, Ked said:

Hungary has an impressive record.

Scoring 4 on their patch and Englanf dont know how to create

No, not against well organised teams, again I'll point out Scotland, Denmark and Italy at the Euros.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, One five said:

They are not a bad team tbf but…

I just hope they win FA .

They won't. It will follow same process, media will pretend to be underdogs, win one game, then the bravado starts and they hype themselves into frenzy.

They then lose to first decent team they play.

Just now, VALDOS' said:

No, not against well organised teams, again I'll point out Scotland, Denmark and Italy at the Euros.

Against Scotland they were off form.

Denmark were and are on a great run.

The Italian team were the team of the tournament but a little fortunate to win.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

They won't. It will follow same process, media will pretend to be underdogs, win one game, then the bravado starts and they hype themselves into frenzy.

They then lose to first decent team they play.

Yip it’s the English way bud and long may it last.

Just now, BarneyBattles said:

I’ve no idea why you’re looking for bites. I can’t answer your own question. 

To randomly start a thread picking out England as ‘really fancying them to win the next world cup if it was in a different country as they’re really building something’ is a weird statement. That’s all. 

As I said in my first reply, the first time they meet a decent team, they get knocked out. That’s because they’re nowhere near the level required to win the euros let alone the World Cup. 

Below average goalie, average defence, average midfield, slightly better forwards. 

Italy played with them like a kitten. 

Randomly ?

They were just on the tele won 4-0 away from home.

That's classed as weird aye.?

Have a word with yourself ffs

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

I’ve no idea why you’re looking for bites. I can’t answer your own question. 

To randomly start a thread picking out England as ‘really fancying them to win the next world cup if it was in a different country as they’re really building something’ is a weird statement. That’s all. 

As I said in my first reply, the first time they meet a decent team, they get knocked out. That’s because they’re nowhere near the level required to win the euros let alone the World Cup. 

Below average goalie, average defence, average midfield, slightly better forwards. 

Italy played with them like a kitten. 

Speaking of looking for bites…

A team that reaches a final of a major tournament before losing on penalties cannot be described as ‘being nowhere near the level to win the Euros’.

Jambo in Bathgate
6 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

You are including Scotland in that list. 

2 minutes ago, Ked said:

Randomly ?

They were just on the tele won 4-0 away from home.

That's classed as weird aye.?

Have a word with yourself ffs

Italy played some brilliant football versus Bulgaria. Drew 1-1. Be interested if you can watch replay of that game and compare. 

Just now, Jambo in Bathgate said:

You are including Scotland in that list. 

Every man and they're dog that watched that game in the Euros knows Scotland were extremely well organised, hence the England players running into dead ends time and time again.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Italy played some brilliant football versus Bulgaria. Drew 1-1. Be interested if you can watch replay of that game and compare. 

Not sure why my reply to his assumption that I'm a weirdo because I posted about Englands game makes you suggest watching Italy v Bulgaria .

3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I’ve just realised who you were the last time you had an account on here😂

Bye bye.

Do you.

Well done sherlock.

And I'm glad you are saying bye bye.

Quite how you think someone commenting on a game of football is weird is your problem.

What a banger.

Jambo in Bathgate
3 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

Every man and they're dog that watched that game in the Euros knows Scotland were extremely well organised, hence the England players running into dead ends time and time again.

Well my dog agrees with me. How many games have Scotland won. It’s another case of Glorious Failure. Unfortunately it’s been going on for decades! 

Brighton Jambo
3 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

You’ll get over it soon mate. 

Edit. Scottish people don’t post on forums of Scottish football teams looking for bites from England supporters ya fekking trumpet😂

😂😂 of course you were.  You don’t believe what you typed as it is patently total nonsense.  No team can lose a final on penalties and then be described as being nowhere near as it’s factually totally wrong and you know it.

you talked crap, got called for it and now are giving it the tragic patter.   

I think overall you need more than England have to win tournaments. 

It is true they got close last 2 times. Harry Kane missed a sitter v Croatia at semi final at World Cup but unlikely they could have beaten that France team in final. 

France, Belgium, Spain definitely would have beaten them at Euros. 2 good draws. 

But...it is just as hard for likes of France, Brazil, Argentina, Belgium, Spain, Italy. I think they all need to do more to be true contenders at Qatar. Southgate is trying something similar to Alf Ramsay in a solid game plan to overcome better teams. To get to the next level they need to take chances and avoid losing control. Very difficult against better players which was the problem v Italy. Playing qualifiers in easy group is zero help. 

6 minutes ago, Ked said:

Not sure why my reply to his assumption that I'm a weirdo because I posted about Englands game makes you suggest watching Italy v Bulgaria .

Ah. So you are basically ignoring every other team. Good approach. We do that in Scotland. 

Jambo in Bathgate
1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

😂😂 of course you were.  You don’t believe what you typed as it is patently total nonsense.  No team can lose a final on penalties and then be described as being nowhere near as it’s factually totally wrong and you know it.

Wonder what he posted about our cup final against Celtic that we lost on penalties. 

3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If England get a tough draw next time then out early playing like they did in Euros. Or World Cup. 

Just now, BarneyBattles said:

Just what I was thinking 😂

8 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

You’ll get over it soon mate. 

Edit. Scottish people don’t post on forums of Scottish football teams looking for bites from England supporters ya fekking trumpet😂

I'm Scottish .

I watched England.

I gave an opinion on a football team.

And you let your petty little tartan knickers twist my original post .

A total banger is what you are .

Just now, JackLadd said:

Still basking in that Italy win myself. I see they only drew tonight despite 80% possession. 

They played well. Same players, style and approach. Just Bulgaria defended with their lives and scored good breakaway equaliser. 

Just seen the news coverage of the Hungarian fans conduct.  Time for UEFA to grow some balls and chuck them out the competition. 

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

If England get a tough draw next time then out early playing like they did in Euros. Or World Cup. 

I tend to agree as there is no evidence to the contrary.  

I was merely pointing out that you cannot legitimately and credibly say that a team that just lost a final on penalties is ‘nowhere near’.  That is the only point I was making I don’t want to get caught up in some big debate over England’s prospects for a World Cup they haven’t even qualified for. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Ah. So you are basically ignoring every other team. Good approach. We do that in Scotland. 

No.

I just watched a game ,gave my opinion now theres some banger guessing who I am calling me weird etc.

Not you just didnt see your link with my reply.

Cant be arsed now tbh as just feel I'm getting drawn into posting like the banger who is obviously one of those bitter plastic tartan types.

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Just seen the news coverage of the Hungarian fans conduct.  Time for UEFA to grow some balls and chuck them out the competition. 

England not chucked out of next Euros yet for far worse behaviour.