Happy days

No Idle Talk

Having this international break is a great opportunity to just sit back, take a deep breath, and reflect on what has happened so far this season. And I have to say I am really happy with where Hearts are at right now. 

Let's start with the signings we have made over the summer. They are very encouraging. They are all players who are young and hungry and looking to advance themselves. This can only be beneficial to Hearts. They all come across as really nice lads when they are being interviewed too. We appear to have moved away from throwing big money at foreign duds or signing players who are the wrong side of 30. It is great to see. The way we are recruiting players really seems to have changed and it gives me a lot of hope for the near future.

Then there are the players who were already here. They have really responded to the challenge of being back in the top division. Craigy G and Soapy give us that wee bit of star quality that you need to succeed in this league. Boycie is a goalscorer at this level. The squad we have is better than the doubters were saying it was before the season started. What these players needed was confidence. You can see the confidence building through the team at the moment and the results are coming. Hopefully we can keep this going. A sticky patch is inevitably going to come, and we will have to respond when it does, but at the moment it is just great to see the team playing without fear again. There was too much of that in the Levein/Stendel season.

Then there's the manager. I am still not convinced he is the absolute best man for the job but, overall, he is doing a good job right now. The players are certainly playing for him. He has pretty much abandoned the 4-2-3-1 which was so stagnant last season and is trying to implement a more adventurous formation and way of playing. He deserves credit for that. Some managers just keep trying the same thing over and over again in the hope that it will come right. Robbie is at least showing a willingness to adapt and try different things. 

Finally there is Heart & Soul day. We are now the biggest fan owned club in British football. It cannot be overstated how momentous that is. Especially when we think back to where Hearts were just a few years ago. It is fantastic to see the club on a sound financial footing and an upwards trajectory again. We must never forget just how close we came to not having a Hearts anymore. Remembering that just makes the good results we have been having that wee bit more special.

All in all, I am really enjoying being a Hearts fan right now. I am very excited about the up coming derby and just wish the match could be this weekend instead of next. It's always a sign that the team is doing well when you cannot wait for the next game to come around.

Bring on the Hibees!

Whilst already happy, but not wishing to tempt fate, I'm honestly thinking that we'll be heading into October as league leaders ... and we're due a win in Glasgow. Should that transpire, then "Happy Days", indeed.

tartofmidlothian

Great post. Also very happy with the results themselves, the cup game aside. Is our squad still too light? Time will tell, but the past few days have been good for it.

6 hours ago, Beni said:

:fonzie:

I had a bet with myself that within three posts someone would mention the Fonz. You managed it in one. Well done. 😄

Absolute Scenes

Very happy with things. What’s more the media are spoojing over Hibs as usual and we are quietly doing the business. Take into account a win against Celtic, two away wins and a decent draw against Aberdeen.

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Whilst already happy, but not wishing to tempt fate, I'm honestly thinking that we'll be heading into October as league leaders ... and we're due a win in Glasgow. Should that transpire, then "Happy Days", indeed.

How many? 

😜

21 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I had a bet with myself that within three posts someone would mention the Fonz. You managed it in one. Well done. 😄

How long were you giving Ralph Malph? 😉

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

How many? 

😜

At least 3 ...

3 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Reasons to be cheerful 👍👍

A link for the young 'uns. Ian Dury R.I.P.

Ex member of the SaS

Great start and not wanting to put a dampener on things, but I predict getting rid of the poor players brought in by Levein it will take next season and maybe a bit longer to build a team capable of staying top ( ish ). We have a long way to go before we have a good quality team with sufficient back up.

Lets just go one game at a time and pummel the Hobbits.

FTH

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

At least 3 ...

👍👍👍

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Great start and not wanting to put a dampener on things, but I predict getting rid of the poor players brought in by Levein it will take next season and maybe a bit longer to build a team capable of staying top ( ish ). We have a long way to go before we have a good quality team with sufficient back up.

Lets just go one game at a time and pummel the Hobbits.

FTH

IMO we have nothing to fear from hibs or Aberdeen. 

Said that at the start of the season amongst predictions of bottom six and relegation. 

Sticking with it, we'll be in the mix for 3rd/4th but it could be tight. 

11 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

A win in Glasgow. Ooft. Partick Thistle in the cup?

If we win at Ibrox or Parkhead I really will get excited.

Its great to feel that we have stability on the pitch for what feels like the first time in about 5 years.  It's been turmoil with rebuild after rebuild.  We now have a good foundation.  Players will come and go but if the structure is right then we can be challenging at top end of table every season.  With our resources that's the way it should be.  

1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

Its great to feel that we have stability on the pitch for what feels like the first time in about 5 years.  It's been turmoil with rebuild after rebuild.  We now have a good foundation.  Players will come and go but if the structure is right then we can be challenging at top end of table every season.  With our resources that's the way it should be.  

We have a few players who's contracts are up this season but if we get the good ones tied down then yeah hopefully we can have some stability at the club for a while. That would make a nice change.

3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

At least 3 ...

Saw him and the Blockheads at the Odeon in 1979. Great band. 

It’s the happiest I’ve been with a squad for a long time.  3rd has to be the aim but it will be really tight. Aberdeen and Hibs seem to grind out wins on the road and we have to match that especially against the teams we expect to be bottom 6

Been a great start, a Derby win will really get the feeling that Hearts are back and give the new boys a huge platform to impress and realise the size of the club they've signed for. Along with the FOH share transfer, brings back the good feeling from around 2015 when we'd been promoted, and recently saved. Favourable run of fixtures coming up could really see us going into Ibrox with nothing to fear. 

HHGH 

I’m not getting carried away about this season in terms of league placings, we’re far better than we’ve been, actually since Robbie left and we’ll certainly win more than we lose even away from gone which has been an issue long before the Ann Budge era. What I’m looking forward too more is next season now we’ve seen the quality Savage can bring. The current squad has weaknesses but if we fill those positions with Beni like quality then we will be some team next year.

Ill sit back this season and enjoy it while knowing we really could be special next year.

Very happy with the results

Very happy with the signings

For me the jury is still out on Neilson

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Saw him and the Blockheads at the Odeon in 1979. Great band. 

🎶reasons to be cheerful 5-1🎶🎶🎶🇶🇦🇶🇦🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🤗🤗🤗🕺