Glasses (specs) online

muldoon74

Wife has a new prescription for her eyes but specsavers is too expensive.

She only uses them for the telly and reading (so just really in the house so just basic frames required, although no Dierdre Barlows) has anyone any experience or can recommend a reliable online specs retailer?

She needs a pair for near and another for distance, doesn't want varifocals. 

Looking to spend a max of £30 for the two. 

Cheers JKB, any help appreciated

7 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I got a pair for work from the opticians in Tesco Corstorphine for 18 bar. They look rare. 😎

TBH shes still a bit covid weary in shops (aswell as can not be arsedy coz she works early hours) so really just wants to get them cheap online.. Theyre only for in the house so me calling her harry potter, adrian mole,  deirdre barlow etc isnt much of a problem ;) but thanks for the reply SV..

manaliveits105

Google “select specs “ you can get prescription specs from £6 

I paid £16 for thinner lens

as long as you have your prescription you are all set and there is a big range 

was impressed with service 

I got my last set 4 months ago from specs for less online. Really good to deal with, cheap (and that was for varifocals) and the quality was decent as well.

I spent 130 quid for a pair of varifocals with the top grade of lenses and a pair of single vision as well. I could go and buy some si gle vison specs for under 20 quid from them and have them in a few days.

Shanks said no
10 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

I got a pair for work from the opticians in Tesco Corstorphine for 18 bar. They look rare. 😎

Will 2nd that, been buying from Tesco and Asda for a few years, cheap and can get good deals. Did try the online malarkey but they script was obviously wrong and I felt dizzy as hell wearing them.

8 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Google “select specs “ you can get prescription specs from £6 

I paid £16 for thinner lens

as long as you have your prescription you are all set and there is a big range 

was impressed with service 

these seem to fit the script,.. currently doing reviews on them and googling how to size specs... 

will give that specs 4 less a look aswell.. 

I stopped watching scotland game at 2-0 so this gives me a wee evening project.. 

I got a pair of prescription sunglasses from select specs and they're pretty good and do the job. I even made a mess of the order, but they sorted it out pretty quick and with no hassle

Select Specs.  Bought many glasses and prescription sunglasses from them.  I think some normal glasses production is done in the UK but sunglasses tend to be done elsewhere and delivery is usually about 3-4 weeks.  They have a good order progress tracking system.  Tremendous value for money having your bins done online.  Just make sure you select frames of the right dimensions,  upload an up to date prescription if possible and,  very importantly,  get your pupil distance measurement right.