Are you vaccinated?

kila

Are you vaccinated?  

457 members have voted

1. 1. Are you vaccinated?

• Yes - had both jags.
    • Yes - one jag, second soon.
    • Not yet but I am considering it so I can see Hearts.
    • No - I don't want/trust it etc.
    • No - I am medically exempt.

Had both.  I understand why some go on about personal freedom but having worked with a university consortium to make PPE for doctors, nurses, care workers, etc, at the start of the epidemic, and had first hand accounts of the reality from medical professionals,  and people who run care homes, I would not refuse it.

Students know a few of their friends who have long Covid.  You don’t want it, believe me!

But it’s those who think they’ve been double-jagged, think they can leave the mask behind don’t seem to think they can still pass it on to old Grandad.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boris

• escobri

• The Kdogg

• JudyJudyJudy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, escobri said:

More so than the foreseeable future for sure, the anti vax label I will take offence at, as will most on here that haven’t had the COVID jags, we know the role vaccines can play in health care, but a lot of us are just sitting this out for now and watching how it develops. Good luck 

Fair enough, although you can surely see how your stance could be portrayed as anti-vax? But happy to apologise for any offence caused, this is obviously a nuanced debate and I have come in with a binary response.

You have your leap of faith in not taking one, I have mine by doing so.

Thank you for your best wishes and I hope luck goes with you too.

9 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

I'm guessing you know more about the care sector than I do. That said I'd be gutted if someone looking after my loved ones chose not to get vaccinated. 

Fair enough, your opinion is valid and I respect it. 

You have no idea why I have not recieved the vaccine. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Well don't bother the NHS if you end up fecked.

He's likely paid his due, crack on if you need NHS help - vaccinated or not. You are more than entitled to the services. 

49 minutes ago, escobri said:

Won't go down well here, as most were holed up in the house on boris bucks idolising wee nippy during lockdown and are now 2jagged and better citizens. Good 

38 minutes ago, Chong said:

Yes

Me too. The vaccine doesn’t stop spreading or getting it, only minimises the affects. Amazing all these people who were probably against racial apartheid in South Africa but seem all for a worldwide medical equivalent. Pretty shameful, cult like behaviour, in my humble opinion. 

1 hour ago, Boris said:

You think it was a free country pre-covid?

The anti-vax/free country argument seems akin to folk not abiding by the blackout during the blitz, or somesuch. At least you can choose not to take the vaccine (freedom of choice surely?) however if that choice leads to a limitation of what you can then do in the public domain well, that's your choice, isn't it?

Good little communist. Do as we say or be marginalised from societ

1 hour ago, Boris said:

Where was the interview? Can you post a link please? Would be interested to read/view it.

Thanks👍

1 hour ago, Ked said:

Aka chief mammy ..

Chairman Nic. It’s all getting frightfully communist. Social credit scores coming right up. If independence is your thing you have to take this woman’s pure evil along with it. She also wants your children aged four and above to change gender at school and you as a parent don’t have to be informed. I’d call that grooming. Absolutely abhorrent politics. Can’t believe grown men would vote for this. Shame on you if you do. Your children belong to the state now. Horrific. 

Each to their own. Don't want the vaccine then don't get it but you need to live with the restrictions in your life that will bring until this is fully under control. It's as simple as that.

1 hour ago, The Kdogg said:

Watched an interview last night with the virologist who was instrumental in engineering the MRNA method of vaccine delivery. He stated the governments of the world are absolutely doing the wrong thing in vaccinating the masses. He stated that vaccinating everyone en masse would lead to the virus mutating as it seeks to survive. Exactly what is happening with the new variants. Sure there will be another variant along soon. He probably doesn’t know what he’s talking about though. He only designed the thing. 

The new variants of concern emerged before vaccine rollout had begun, so he certainly doesn't know what he's talking about there.

Whether 'herd immunity'* is reached by vaccinating or by letting it rip, there will then be the same selection pressure for new variants amongst both groups, so the only difference is which method comes with less harmful outcomes. Given the reduction in mortality seen with vaccination that's a no brainer.

*as we know it's not immunity.

3 minutes ago, Beni said:

The new variants of concern emerged before vaccine rollout had begun, so he certainly doesn't know what he's talking about there.

Whether 'herd immunity'* is reached by vaccinating or by letting it rip, there will then be the same selection pressure for new variants amongst both groups, so the only difference is which method comes with less harmful outcomes. Given the reduction in mortality seen with vaccination that's a no brainer.

*as we know it's not immunity.

So a virologist and immunologist doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Ok. I’m sure the anonymous fact checkers aka ministry of truth will be along to tell us what to think shortly. 

Remember covid came from a wet market for months and definitely did not come from a lab leak before they admitted that it probably was a lab leak that was covered up. 

Then we were told the first cases appeared on 31st December 2019 later revised to around October 2019

The hospitals were struggling so they built nightingale hospitals across the country only to tear them down months later. Because the hospitals can’t cope, sensible. 

The vaccine didn’t make the variant it speeds up its need to mutate, which it was already doing, as viruses like the flu do every year. Now it’s at warp speed. And will be assisted by mass vaccinations. Fair enough vaccinate the extremely vulnerable but why the whole world when it doesn’t stop you getting it or spreading it.  If that doesn’t concern you fair enough, get the jag, every six months and accept the evil authority. The blindingly obvious holes, half truths and hypocrisy should make everybody vigilant as to the legitimacy of the stories we are being told. 

Do you not find it strange that the beneficiaries of covid appear to be the evil communist regime in China, where the virus was made and then released, that make all the crap people order on Amazon and eBay.  As well as the tech companies, silicone valley, media and pharmaceutical companies who perpetuate the fear and story you are being forced to believe in.  

Let me guess you’ll say I’m a conspiracy theorist. Laughable there are so many low information people to deal with in the world that just blindly accept instead of wondering and asking questions. 

The guy in the interview isn’t the only Dr, better qualified than me and I’d imagine you, who isn’t going along with the “official” story. There are many. This isn’t so much trust the science, but trust the tele. 

22 minutes ago, The Kdogg said:

So a virologist and immunologist doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Ok. I’m sure the anonymous fact checkers aka ministry of truth will be along to tell us what to think shortly. 

Remember covid came from a wet market for months and definitely did not come from a lab leak before they admitted that it probably was a lab leak that was covered up. 

Then we were told the first cases appeared on 31st December 2019 later revised to around October 2019

The hospitals were struggling so they built nightingale hospitals across the country only to tear them down months later. Because the hospitals can’t cope, sensible. 

The vaccine didn’t make the variant it speeds up its need to mutate, which it was already doing, as viruses like the flu do every year. Now it’s at warp speed. And will be assisted by mass vaccinations. Fair enough vaccinate the extremely vulnerable but why the whole world when it doesn’t stop you getting it or spreading it.  If that doesn’t concern you fair enough, get the jag, every six months and accept the evil authority. The blindingly obvious holes, half truths and hypocrisy should make everybody vigilant as to the legitimacy of the stories we are being told. 

Do you not find it strange that the beneficiaries of covid appear to be the evil communist regime in China, where the virus was made and then released, that make all the crap people order on Amazon and eBay.  As well as the tech companies, silicone valley, media and pharmaceutical companies who perpetuate the fear and story you are being forced to believe in.  

Let me guess you’ll say I’m a conspiracy theorist. Laughable there are so many low information people to deal with in the world that just blindly accept instead of wondering and asking questions. 

The guy in the interview isn’t the only Dr, better qualified than me and I’d imagine you, who isn’t going along with the “official” story. There are many. This isn’t so much trust the science, but trust the tele. 

I've not watched the video, so don't know if Robert Malone said what you reported, or if you've misreported what he said, but either way what you said about the vaccine having caused new variants is demonstrably wrong.

Everyone is free to garner information from what they believe are credible sources, but I won't be given any credence to a Doctor who has taken unproven horse wormer to treat Covid.

Screenshot_20210902-005046~2.png

portobellojambo1

Yes, first one in February 2021, second in April 2021. I was reading something online yesterday about this vaccine proof thing which may come in, so had a look on NHSInform's website and it shows you the page that contains your details, once you have logged in. I believe there is something possibly coming in the form of some QR code, which means you can store the information on a mobile phone. I don't have a mobile, retired now, and don't need one any more, so I had a look at the option to request a copy of your data by post. Thought I'd do it just now as it takes 14 days to be despatched by post. As this government request may be getting intoduced I thought it safer to just order a hardcopy just now to make sure I have the details before/if it is offically introduced. There are football games to now attend every week and I don't want to miss any of them, so thought it best to be ready in advance.

Absolute Scenes
9 hours ago, Newton51 said:

I have no issue with peoples choice re vaccines but it would be morally wrong to go to the football with the flu. People can die from the flu also

I maybe didn’t make it clear - I wouldn’t ever go to a game ill, flu cold whatever because I agree, it’s wrong to do so and selfish. But the point was, before this all happened, people absolutely would go, because you would hear them hacking away behind you. But they wouldn’t take the flu vaccine, that was my point, people still died from the flu back then, people still die from Covid now. What’s changed?

portobellojambo1
20 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Apparently from Friday this week a code will be available to download. Even if you don’t have a mobile phone, you could print that qr code on paper and use it. 

I requested my vaccine certificate last week as I’m hoping to travel soon, it arrived within 3 days. 

Good to know, I'm guessing they just quote a certain number of days for despatch to cover themsleves for any change in the number of requests they receive, for example, which could extend their response time.

If I am provided with a QR code that might act as the impetus for me to then get my home printer looked at. I could then print off the code, get the information laminated and stick it in a wallet slot for future use.

Jeffros Furios
7 hours ago, The Kdogg said:

:gok:

highlandjambo3
11 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

No one is saying the vaccines will prevent all deaths or all illness -

just as no one says that wearing a seat belt will prevent all deaths or all injuries in a car crash.

BUT wearing a seat belt reduces the risk of death and the risk of serious injury.

Correct…..I see this coming up time and time again…….some people are just not getting it.  

I’ll try to spell it out in big bold letters for the hard of thinking:

NO JAB = HIGHER RISK OF CATCHING, SPREADING AND BECOMING ILL FROM COVID = HIGHER RISK OF DYING = MORE STRAIN ON NHS ETC….

JAB = *LESS LIKELY TO CATCH OR CARRY THE VURUS = LESS LIKELY TO PASS ON THE VIRUS AND, LESS LIKELY TO DIE

* Less likely does not mean your completely risk free.

If anyone is still confused, please feel free to read all of that again or, better still, write it down 100x if it helps you remember.

highlandjambo3
11 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

My libertarian bollocks 😂😂 no bother aptly named poster.

it does not help with symptoms as people are still being infected after being vaccinated and experiencing the same symptoms as those not. 

Majority of population vaccinated and yet cases still rising hmmmm

You seem to have conveniently missed out a very important part being:  Deaths are down 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
6 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Correct…..I see this coming up time and time again…….some people are just not getting it.  

I’ll try to spell it out in big bold letters for the hard of thinking:

NO JAB = HIGHER RISK OF CATCHING, SPREADING AND BECOMING ILL FROM COVID = HIGHER RISK OF DYING = MORE STRAIN ON NHS ETC….

JAB = *LESS LIKELY TO CATCH OR CARRY THE VURUS = LESS LIKELY TO PASS ON THE VIRUS AND, LESS LIKELY TO DIE

* Less likely does not mean your completely risk free.

If anyone is still confused, please feel free to read all of that again or, better still, write it down 100x if it helps you remember.

what if the person with no jab recognises their increased risk (and to others) and limits their attendance to risky scenarios and the one with the jag thinks they’re (almost) bullet-proof and goes to everything and anything (as they are allowed to by law)

does that affect your risk analysis / pressure on the nhs etc ?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
5 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

You seem to have conveniently missed out a very important part being:  Deaths are down 

Yup - long covid tho ?

8 hours ago, Beni said:

I've not watched the video, so don't know if Robert Malone said what you reported, or if you've misreported what he said, but either way what you said about the vaccine having caused new variants is demonstrably wrong.

Everyone is free to garner information from what they believe are credible sources.

So if you could provide the credible sources you claim say an inefficient vaccination program is not causing mutation of the virus. I'll show you a hundred proving that they do. 

9 hours ago, The Kdogg said:

Chairman Nic. It’s all getting frightfully communist. Social credit scores coming right up. If independence is your thing you have to take this woman’s pure evil along with it. She also wants your children aged four and above to change gender at school and you as a parent don’t have to be informed. I’d call that grooming. Absolutely abhorrent politics. Can’t believe grown men would vote for this. Shame on you if you do. Your children belong to the state now. Horrific. 

She’s Hitler in a skirt really . Actually he was probably marginally prettier . She’s dangerous alright .

11 hours ago, Chong said:

Sorry to stick this here. Having been banned from even viewing the other thread on this subject (now in the shed) for stating the obvious I'd best say nothing but to whomever banned me know this, I've worked continuously throughout this pandemic, not one day off. I've seen through all the need for fake praise or worship for every single person in my profession - I work in care for a reason (not financial nor ego driven) but the sad thing is you are likely the same idiot(s) out shaking and banging their little pots and pans on a Thursday at 7pm for acknowledgment of "the heroes" for about 6 weeks. Now the very same people are deciding that I shouldn't head to Tynecastle or even put up an opinion or view on a forum for discussions around the topics brought up. 

I think it's mutating into totalitarianism 

👍👍

10 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Both. Want to see as many matches as possible. 

It’s meant to be a vaccine to protect your health not so you can go to a football match . 

10 hours ago, The Kdogg said:

As per usual the liberals are the most intolerant bunch. Irony totally lost on them. Full of emotion and without logic. 

👍 the virtual signalling and skacktivism is staggering 

Just had my first vaccine. Unfortunately, the country I moved to half way through the pandemic is lagging behind on vaccinations. It feels really good to get the first one out of the way 😀

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

She’s Hitler in a skirt really . Actually he was probably marginally prettier . She’s dangerous alright .

👍👍

:rofl:

34 minutes ago, Chong said:

So if you could provide the credible sources you claim say an inefficient vaccination program is not causing mutation of the virus. I'll show you a hundred proving that they do. 

I said the variants of concern emerged before vaccination started, so couldn't have been caused by the vaccine as had been claimed. That's not a matter of credibility, it's a matter of fact.

Mutations are essentially random, you are conflating mutation with selection pressure, so if your 100 sources 'prove' vaccines cause mutation then they are talking nonsense.

Edited by Beni

Had both jabs AZ both times.

Got horrendus side effects though, it takes me about an hour to walk 100m.......I keep sticking to lamp posts & metal fences & see trying to hand over coins in a shop, funny as feck (not for those waiting in the queue though).  :laugh:

10 minutes ago, Beni said:

Mutations are essentially random, you are conflating mutation with selection pressure, so if your 100 sources 'prove' vaccines cause mutation then they are talking nonsense.

I said inefficient vaccination program will cause mutations as cited here

https://journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.1002198

which is not nonsense. 

14 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Had both jabs AZ both times.

Got horrendus side effects though, it takes me about an hour to walk 100m.......I keep sticking to lamp posts & metal fences & see trying to hand over coins in a shop, funny as feck (not for those waiting in the queue though).  :laugh:

i hope you never go to the darts

5 minutes ago, Chong said:

I said inefficient vaccination program will cause mutations as cited here

https://journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.1002198

which is not nonsense. 

And as I said you are conflating mutation with selection pressure. This paragraph from the article backs up my point.

"Here we show experimentally that immunization of chickens against Marek's disease virus enhances the fitness of more virulent strains, making it possible for hyperpathogenic strains to transmit". 

Byyy The Light
9 hours ago, The Kdogg said:

Asking questions and challenging the status quo is definitely a positive thing so fair play to you for seeking out alternative opinions.

It's dangerous to deliberately take a different stance just for the sake of it to try and appear cleverer than everyone else though.

A lot of what you've typed here is revisionist hindsight.  This was a new disease and nobody knew what the hell was going on at the beginning, it was full on panic stations at the start and of course there would be decisions made and "truths" put out there that now look silly (or could be spun as evidence of lies).  On top of that it is the Government's responsibility to add additional spin to buy themselves time and influence the public's behaviour, to understand what the hell is going on.

Just because mistakes have been made (plenty of them!), new information has come to light, deliberate spin (some may say lies), undoubted corruption and a lot of incompetence kicking about, doesn't automatically mean that there are a whole load of baddies out there somewhere trying to get one over on us all.

This whole thing has been a shit show but one thing for sure is I'm glad it wasn't me at the forefront having to lead and make the big decisions.  

12 minutes ago, Beni said:

And as I said you are conflating mutation with selection pressure. This paragraph from the article backs up my point.

"Here we show experimentally that immunization of chickens against Marek's disease virus enhances the fitness of more virulent strains, making it possible for hyperpathogenic strains to transmit". 

I never conflated anything, my point was and is valid - an imperfect vaccination program (which this undeniably is) could lead to more potent viruses.

Christ it was bad enough when the conspiracy theorist used up all their alt accounts to back up their inane bollocks up, now we are being subjected to poetry. 

21 minutes ago, Chong said:

I never conflated anything,

We're just going to have to agree to disagree about that 

22 minutes ago, Chong said:

an imperfect vaccination program (which this undeniably is) could lead to more potent viruses.

Whether the population gets an immune response via vaccination or natural spread of the virus, there will then be a selection pressure for variants that are able to evade that immune response. 

The difference is that people who have been vaccinated are less likely to get I'll from, die from, or spread the virus. And of course fewer infections give the virus fewer chances to mutate.

40 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Christ it was bad enough when the conspiracy theorist used up all their alt accounts to back up their inane bollocks up, now we are being subjected to poetry. 

Yes in the new independent Scotlandia “ arty farty” stuff like poetry will be banned . It’s far too intellectual . Fran and Anna blasted from loud speakers in the street ! Jack McLaughlin and “ Thingumyyjig” on continual loop on tv and Frau Sturgeon giving daily briefings again . The futures bleak really . Desolate . 

13 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I assume you're referring to my quotation from the Tao te ching? While not technically poetry, some of the translations can indeed be poetic in their wisdom. Sorry if such reference to such works leave you a little behind. 🧠

I'm sure rewatching Mrs Brown's Boys, listening to One Direction's Greatest Hits and attempting to decipher the safety warning on the new pack of Crayolas your mum got you for lunch provide you with the intellectual and spiritual nourishment you need ;)😜 

Yasss !!! 

DADC40B2-A978-4CBF-BD51-841C2A834E7B.gif

29 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I assume you're referring to my quotation from the Tao te ching? While not technically poetry, some of the translations can indeed be poetic in their wisdom. Sorry if such reference to such works leave you a little behind. 🧠

I'm sure rewatching Mrs Brown's Boys, listening to One Direction's Greatest Hits and attempting to decipher the safety warning on the new pack of Crayolas your mum got you for lunch provide you with the intellectual and spiritual nourishment you need ;)😜 

Spoken like a true keyboard warrior poet.

King Of The Cat Cafe
2 hours ago, jonesy said:

Stop it now. You're introducing nuanced human behaviour into what has been a nice, simple, binary argument up until now. This will never do in an age of social media and memery.

When people no longer fear force

They bring about greater force

Do not limit their place

Do not reject their livelihood

Because the ruler does not reject them

Therefore they do not reject the ruler

Therefore the sages:

Know themselves but do not glorify themselves

Respect themselves but do not praise themselves

Thus they discard that and take this

I think Dolly said it best:

"Vaccine, vaccine, vaccine, vaccine,

I’m begging of you, please don’t hesitate.

Vaccine, vaccine, vaccine, vaccine,
because once you’re dead, then that’s a bit too late.”

11 minutes ago, Sidelight said:

We now live in a country every bit as dystopian and repressive perhaps even more so than Stalin’s Russia or the China of Mao Zedong.

Covid mind control seems here to stay for while any way.

Its easier now to translate to understand the ways in which the German public from the thirties and forties were seduced by the lies and propaganda and censorship with which they were constantly bombarded.

It is clear from the efforts spread across these pages that the ‘get my news from the BBC and believe it all postage stamp mentality’ reigns.

A glance at the past simply highlights how gullible and ignorant the masses can be.

However, inhabiting the news world governed and censored by Big-Tec and Pharma why would we really expect something other than what we see.

This still experimental shot is creating a pandemic of the jabbed.

An experimental franken shot which actually lowers a persons own innate immune system massively, leaving then very vulnerable to new strains of c19 and other pathogens. Not my word, but rather from the mouth of one of the team leaders in the so-called vaccine development. This is reality it is not a secret.

The greater the number of jabs the weaker the immune system becomes.

Again, don’t worry they say, the answer – when the immune system breaks down, they have HIV drug therapies ready to help you out.

Doctors, medical professionals, professors of medicine are bravely speaking out about the dangers of this forced jab. And they are being censored and shut down, sacked and demonised.

Only the covid mind control narrative is acceptable.

And now they are coming for the youth, 18 and over you must be jabbed or else. No football, no night life, that’s blackmail.

All for a virus which most recover from or never knew they had.

Double jabbed and boosters for the rest of your life and it doesn’t even prevent infection or transmission. And an ever-weakened immune system to boot is your reward.

glue-gluea.gif

Edited by Ray Gin

13 minutes ago, Sidelight said:

An experimental franken shot which actually lowers a persons own innate immune system massively, leaving then very vulnerable to new strains of c19 and other pathogens. Not my word, but rather from the mouth of one of the team leaders in the so-called vaccine development. This is reality it is not a secret

The guy who has taken unproven horse wormer?

That's who you've put all your confidence in?

Good luck with that.