Are you vaccinated?

kila

Are you vaccinated?  

457 members have voted

1. 1. Are you vaccinated?

• Yes - had both jags.
    • Yes - one jag, second soon.
    • Not yet but I am considering it so I can see Hearts.
    • No - I don't want/trust it etc.
    • No - I am medically exempt.

5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Nope, won’t be taking it for reasons of my own. Also doesn’t stop you getting it or help with symptoms, or eliminate it. 

Being told I can’t go back to Tynecastle because of a personal choice is pretty far from being a free country. If I had the flu I would still be able to go though. Seems legit

It does help with symptoms, that's on the record. The vaccine has limited the amount of hospitalisations and ICU intakes and, ultimately, deaths.

Feel free to have your reasons, but the common good outweighs your libertarian bollocks.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boris

• escobri

• The Kdogg

• JudyJudyJudy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Nope, won’t be taking it for reasons of my own. Also doesn’t stop you getting it or help with symptoms, or eliminate it. 
Being told I can’t go back to Tynecastle because of a personal choice is pretty far from being a free country. If I had the flu I would still be able to go though. Seems legit

Well don't bother the NHS if you end up fecked.

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, Boris said:

It does help with symptoms, that's on the record. The vaccine has limited the amount of hospitalisations and ICU intakes and, ultimately, deaths.

Feel free to have your reasons, but the common good outweighs your libertarian bollocks.

My libertarian bollocks 😂😂 no bother aptly named poster.

it does not help with symptoms as people are still being infected after being vaccinated and experiencing the same symptoms as those not. 

Majority of population vaccinated and yet cases still rising hmmmm

Getting my first one on Friday almost entirely so I can travel without even more annoyance than this pandemic has already caused. Unsure if I have had covid - am genuinely intrigued to get an anti-body test too.

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Well don't bother the NHS if you end up fecked.

Funnily enough I have grown up and been brought up in a country where there is free health care, so if I’m ill I shouldn’t bother the NHS because you’re angry I’m choosing to not be vaccinated?

35 minutes ago, Sid said:

Hope so. But do we let people die to get there?  Boris started with that then bottled it.  Vaccination SHOULD contribute towards herd immunity but reduce deaths. It’s not black and white but saving lives seems to outdo quicker heed immunity? 

Until the vaccine came along, allowing covid to "let rip", as Johnson put it, would've seen many more deaths particularly amongst the most vulnerable. Are we really a society that could stand by and watch that happen?

They say herd immunity needs 80%+ vaccination/infection to be successful, hence wait for the vaccine.

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

it does not help with symptoms as people are still being infected after being vaccinated and experiencing the same symptoms as those not. 

Your ignorance on this subject is quite staggering.

11 minutes ago, McCrae said:

We are very lucky that a vaccine was created so quickly… it’s not always the case….AIDS being a very real example.  

Wait til you find out they make a Covid vaccine every year, it’ll blow your mind.

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

So why are hospitalisations lower than first two waves? If that's not proof of the mitigation vaccination provides, not sure what other proof you need?

Also, think I read, majority of new cases are in the young/non vaccinated?

6 minutes ago, Ked said:

Do you live a life of virtue?

Do you know the posters reasons?

No, and yes, he's a bit of a dumbass.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Boris said:

So why are hospitalisations lower than first two waves? If that's not proof of the mitigation vaccination provides, not sure what other proof you need?

Great! Hospitalisations are lower, that’s great news. But infections are still higher than they have been.  So why am I being denied entry into a football game against a personal choice of not wanting something in my body, which doesn’t stop infection?

3 minutes ago, Boris said:

If this is the case it surely means the vaccines have work by saving the old and obese who are most at risk, job done let's get on with life. Or there could be a plan being played out.

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Great! Hospitalisations are lower, that’s great news. But infections are still higher than they have been.  So why am I being denied entry into a football game against a personal choice of not wanting something in my body, which doesn’t stop infection?

Your first sentence answers your final question.

Just now, escobri said:

If this is the case it surely means the vaccines have work by saving the old and obese who are most at risk, job done let's get on with life. Or there could be a plan being played out.

Oh **** off. Are you really that obtuse?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, escobri said:

Vaccinated but agree entirely. It's time to move on, covid isn't going away.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Vaccinated but agree entirely. It's time to move on, covid isn't going away.

The more that are vaccinated, the more we can move on.

33 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Your body, your choice.

Vaccines mitigate but don't wholly eliminate the risk. By choosing not to get vaccinated you are putting others around you at increased risk, that isn't fair on them. The club has a duty of care to it's customers - by not being vaccinated you are negating that at least to some extent. The club are also free to decide who or who not to admit just as you were free to make a choice in the first place - to suggest that you are entitled to have a choice but the club are not is illogical.

If you have flu you shouldn't go to the game and spread your germs, it's an incredibly self centered and selfish thing to do.

1 minute ago, escobri said:

1 jag, 2 jag, 3 jag more?

The more people that are vaccinated, obviously not acute enough to get the inference.

Don't blame yourself though.

Sorry to stick this here. Having been banned from even viewing the other thread on this subject (now in the shed) for stating the obvious I'd best say nothing but to whomever banned me know this, I've worked continuously throughout this pandemic, not one day off. I've seen through all the need for fake praise or worship for every single person in my profession - I work in care for a reason (not financial nor ego driven) but the sad thing is you are likely the same idiot(s) out shaking and banging their little pots and pans on a Thursday at 7pm for acknowledgment of "the heroes" for about 6 weeks. Now the very same people are deciding that I shouldn't head to Tynecastle or even put up an opinion or view on a forum for discussions around the topics brought up. 

I think it's mutating into totalitarianism 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Japan Jambo said:

Your body, your choice.

Vaccines mitigate but don't wholly eliminate the risk. By choosing not to get vaccinated you are putting others around you at increased risk, that isn't fair on them. The club has a duty of care to it's customers - by not being vaccinated you are negating that at least to some extent. The club are also free to decide who or who not to admit just as you were free to make a choice in the first place - to suggest that you are entitled to have a choice but the club are not is illogical.

If you have flu you shouldn't go to the game and spread your germs, it's an incredibly self centered and selfish thing to do.

That is a balanced point and one that you put across well, the club would be within their right to choose. I wouldn’t be happy about not going , but also wouldn’t change my decision based on football games

Watched an interview last night with the virologist who was instrumental in engineering the MRNA method of vaccine delivery. He stated the governments of the world are absolutely doing the wrong thing in vaccinating the masses. He stated that vaccinating everyone en masse would lead to the virus mutating as it seeks to survive. Exactly what is happening with the new variants. Sure there will be another variant along soon. He probably doesn’t know what he’s talking about though. He only designed the thing. 

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

Your body, your choice.

My last point wasn’t saying I would do that, but under the circumstances where COVID didn’t exist, if I had the flu and went to the game it wouldn’t have the uproar it does by telling people on here I’m not vaccinated and won’t be 

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

That is a balanced point and one that you put across well, the club would be within their right to choose. I wouldn’t be happy about not going , but also wouldn’t change my decision based on football games

Fair play - your call 👍

1 minute ago, Chong said:

Sorry to stick this here. Having been banned from even viewing the other thread on this subject (now in the shed) for stating the obvious I'd best say nothing but to whomever banned me know this, I've worked continuously throughout this pandemic, not one day off. I've seen through all the need for fake praise or worship for every single person in my profession - I work in care for a reason (not financial nor ego driven) but the sad thing is you are likely the same idiot(s) out shaking and banging their little pots and pans on a Thursday at 7pm for acknowledgment of "the heroes" for about 6 weeks. Now the very same people are deciding that I shouldn't head to Tynecastle or even put up an opinion or view on a forum for discussions around the topics brought up. 

Won't go down well here, as most were holed up in the house on boris bucks idolising wee nippy during lockdown and are now 2jagged and better citizens. Good point sir.

2 minutes ago, escobri said:

Do what you want it's a free country, oh wait

You think it was a free country pre-covid?

The anti-vax/free country argument seems akin to folk not abiding by the blackout during the blitz, or somesuch. At least you can choose not to take the vaccine (freedom of choice surely?) however if that choice leads to a limitation of what you can then do in the public domain well, that's your choice, isn't it?

6 minutes ago, The Kdogg said:

Watched an interview last night with the virologist who was instrumental in engineering the MRNA method of vaccine delivery. He stated the governments of the world are absolutely doing the wrong thing in vaccinating the masses. He stated that vaccinating everyone en masse would lead to the virus mutating as it seeks to survive. Exactly what is happening with the new variants. Sure there will be another variant along soon. He probably doesn’t know what he’s talking about though. He only designed the thing. 

Where was the interview? Can you post a link please? Would be interested to read/view it.

Thanks👍

14 minutes ago, Chong said:

You work in care and are unvaccinated? 

33 minutes ago, Boris said:

Until the vaccine came along, allowing covid to "let rip", as Johnson put it, would've seen many more deaths particularly amongst the most vulnerable. Are we really a society that could stand by and watch that happen?

They say herd immunity needs 80%+ vaccination/infection to be successful, hence wait for the vaccine.

Agree

11 minutes ago, escobri said:

Won't go down well here, as most were holed up in the house on boris bucks idolising wee nippy during lockdown and are now 2jagged and better citizens. Good point sir.

Aka chief mammy ..

Fort Vallance
2 hours ago, HoGwash said:

Anyone who doesn't get jabbed purely through choice rather than having a medical condition or other good reason is a selfish tosser and doesn't deserve to watch Hearts.

Bang on.

17 minutes ago, Boris said:

You think it was a free country pre-covid?

The anti-vax/free country argument seems akin to folk not abiding by the blackout during the blitz, or somesuch. At least you can choose not to take the vaccine (freedom of choice surely?) however if that choice leads to a limitation of what you can then do in the public domain well, that's your choice, isn't it?

More so than the foreseeable future for sure, the anti vax label I will take offence at, as will most on here that haven’t had the COVID jags, we know the role vaccines can play in health care, but a lot of us are just sitting this out for now and watching how it develops. Good luck 

Yep , had my second one in March so going by what the reports are , the protection given starts to wane after 6 months , I’ll be looking for a top up this month . 
Will I need another passport though  ?????

48 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

What you keep saying is untrue . If people do get infected after jags it most certainly does prevent serious illness . Cases rising but far fewer hospitalised kind of proves that .

50% of new cases are under 25s . I'm  assuming you easily fit into that group

Fort Vallance
14 minutes ago, Chong said:

Yes

I'm guessing you know more about the care sector than I do. That said I'd be gutted if someone looking after my loved ones chose not to get vaccinated. 

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I have no issue with peoples choice re vaccines but it would be morally wrong to go to the football with the flu. People can die from the flu also

Feel free not to get the vaccine if you so choose.  I've had mine and I don't really care what you choose to do. 

However, if you choose not to get vaccinated, don't you ****ing dare cry and moan if the choice you make ends up excluding you from other things.

Edited by tian447