Vaccination certificates needed at Tynecastle?

Niemi’s gloves

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Just launched both my ICE cars into the Forth. Going to be a long walk from Edinburgh to work in Dundee tomorrow.

I trust the fans who make their way to Tynie using evil transportation methods such as cars and non-electric buses will now walk or cycle so that they do no harm to others at all times, rather than just when convenient and to get past a legal barrier re entry to Tynie. I mean, that's what the Covid jags are all about, isn't it?

That’s right. And we should probably get rid of the internet too as there is too much bad stuff on it that can harm your mind. Also, bacon causes cancer and we don’t want cancer do get rid also.

It is absolute lunacy 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• frankblack

• Taffin

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

It is other people’s business when the selfish unvaccinated people (ie - those who have been offered it but refused for any reason other than medical) can carry the virus and more likely to spread it to others 

No, it isn't.

You mean the selfish people who won't do what you want them to do with their bodies? The irony.

I'm double vaccinated, it's nothing to do with me if anyone else decides to go down the same path as me on that, or not. I've done all I can to mitigate my personal risk and I'll go to things happy in that knowledge and not get my knickers in a twist whether the person next to me has had one jag, two jags or none at all. If it was a concern for me, I'd stay at home rather than selfishly think others should look after me by doing things they don't want to.

Shanks said no
6 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

It is other people’s business when the selfish unvaccinated people (ie - those who have been offered it but refused for any reason other than medical) can carry the virus and more likely to spread it to others 

That's quite a bold and controversial statement. Are you just throwing it out there or are you planning to argue your point?

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

39 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

😂😂👍

you need to keep me safe so you NEED get this

Who's saying that?

I've had both vaccines but still wear a mask when walking about in pubs etc.

I'm not particularly worried for myself but could be carrying it and pass it on to someone vulnerable. 

What's your position?

I'm alright Jack?

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Do you own more than 1 car? Do you use deodorant? Do you eat beef?
if so then that makes you as selfish as those who don’t want to get vaxed. You are part of the problem of pollution, health problems and green gases. These all cause health problems and death. So are you driving an electric car? Are you using eco friendly soap? Are you choosing to be a vegetarian?

It’s our choice what WE put in OUR bodies. That’s not selfishness, that’s called freedom. And I won’t be labelled as a selfish for refusing to take a vaccine for reasons that are MY own

33 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Sorry I do not agree at all. Those vaccinated have made a conscious choice to be vaccinated but it does not give you a higher morality because you’ve done what the big wigs have told you. I have chosen not to be vaccinated, because I do not want to be vaccinated. Why does that make me selfish? Because I’m not deciding to put something in my body that you have?

I have three friends, fit as a fiddle, all 3 double vaxed and still caught COVID. I had to self isolate for ten days as I had been a close contact. Took 3 tests and was negative every time. And yet, I still had to isolate. Doesn’t make any sense.  vaccinated or not, it doesn’t stop the virus, it doesn’t stop it spreading and doesn’t stop it existing. It will be here for the long haul. And the sooner we live normally the better, we’ve been locked down and forced to live in loneliness for too long. This is now taking away freedoms from people who believe they have choices to make that are their own. to be denied access like this is creating a tiered society and if people can’t see it then it’s already begun

You're saying that the vaccine doesn't stop the virus or the spread of it.  Can you see any merits in the vaccine program at all? .

It might not stop the virus spreading but it has kept some people alive.  

I agree that it's up to you regarding the vaccine, but surely you can see that it is more beneficial to have most people vaccinated rather than not having it?  

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

There's no reason not to do lots of things that aren't in turn made mandatory. 

"I don't want one" is reason enough. I'm sick of the attitude of 'its everybody else's responsibility to look after me and keep me safe' 

As long as they extend the ban to other super spreaders then I'm okay with it. Focusing solely on the unvaccinated is bollocks imo and that's as someone who is double vaccinated...not that my medial status is anyone elses business.

good point mate these super-spreader events are a concern and despite the vaccines defence against spread it is clearly limited to the extent that coupled-with opening up we are seeing record levels of infection which unfortunately is starting to feed through to hospitalisations etc albeit at a lower level before (the vaccines primary role)

the passports could be extended to limit people to say 1 non-essential super-spreader event per 10 days so unfortunately people would have to choose between the game or the pub or a concert etc within a 10 day period

would benefit us all so I’m guessing only the super-selfish would be against it

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

You're saying that the vaccine doesn't stop the virus or the spread of it.  Can you see any merits in the vaccine program at all? .

It might not stop the virus spreading but it has kept some people alive.  

I agree that it's up to you regarding the vaccine, but surely you can see that it is more beneficial to have most people vaccinated rather than not having it?  

Of course I can see the merits as the deaths have definitely lowered, but is nit stopping infection and nit stopping symptoms in some. The flu jab can stop you getting the flu altogether, this one can’t. 

my frustration lies in the fact that I am being forced away from watching my team because I refuse to take a vaccine that won’t stop me being infected. 

Absolute Scenes
11 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Who's saying that?

I've had both vaccines but still wear a mask when walking about in pubs etc.

I'm not particularly worried for myself but could be carrying it and pass it on to someone vulnerable. 

What's your position?

I'm alright Jack?

It was a response to a poster I was having a joke with 

I still wear a mask whenever in public because it protects others but I choose to wear it, I don’t need to wear it but I choose to wear it, 

being told I can’t enter a football ground because I don’t want to take a vaccine that doesn’t stop infection is another thing. That’s taking away my freedom based on personal choice

4 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

good point mate these super-spreader events are a concern and despite the vaccines defence against spread it is clearly limited to the extent that coupled-with opening up we are seeing record levels of infection which unfortunately is starting to feed through to hospitalisations etc albeit at a lower level before (the vaccines primary role)

the passports could be extended to limit people to say 1 non-essential super-spreader event per 10 days so unfortunately people would have to choose between the game or the pub or a concert etc within a 10 day period

would benefit us all so I’m guessing only the super-selfish would be against it

I was meaning to super spreaders...as in people who spread it at a higher rate than average, not events.

The above isn't a bad idea though, or at least it wouldn't have been previously, there's really no need for it anymore though I don't think.

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Of course I can see the merits as the deaths have definitely lowered, but is nit stopping infection and nit stopping symptoms in some. The flu jab can stop you getting the flu altogether, this one can’t. 

my frustration lies in the fact that I am being forced away from watching my team because I refuse to take a vaccine that won’t stop me being infected. 

I do think it's unfair if someone bought a season ticket last week and now can't go because this decision was taken after it.  

Some fans might've held back from buying one if they thought this was going to happen.

Fans wanting their money back for these reasons should be given the choice.  

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Die, name skin aff ma nose 

I'm unsure which side of the argument you're on as that statement houses itself quite nicely on the extreme side of either/both tbh.

The extreme of either side is an unsavoury place to be though imo. 

17 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

That's quite a bold and controversial statement. Are you just throwing it out there or are you planning to argue your point?

Give me any example where unless there’s a medical reason - why it’s not selfish if someone just refuses a vaccine?

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Auldbenches said:

I do think it's unfair if someone bought a season ticket last week and now can't go because this decision was taken after it.  

Some fans might've held back from buying one if they thought this was going to happen.

I’m pissed off is what I am.

I save up money I earn to watch my team and will be denied because our great governing body are forcing people to have a vaccine to enter the game. I won’t be at the games then

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I still wear a mask whenever in public because it protects others but I choose to wear it, I don’t need to wear it but I choose to wear it, 

being told I can’t enter a football ground because I don’t want to take a vaccine that doesn’t stop infection is another thing. That’s taking away my freedom based on personal choice

Fair enough. 

On what basis do you think the vaccine doesn't stop infection?

Not 100% certainly but it does make it less likely to catch it or pass it on.

And yes it is taking away your freedom.  We've had 18 months of that but the rates are looking horrific again.

2 hours ago, been here before said:

Erm no wrong I know where Ive been and what Ive been told, most recently at half 3 this afternoon from the practice manager at my GP. 

Where did you get the Pfizer from, presuming you have no underlying complications?

Now I know you're at the wind up. 

You got an appointment at your GP. 😂

1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

Loads of reasons. The main overriding and most important one being that young people are not at any risk from

covid. 

Exactly 

1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

being vaccinated is one way of helping to protect society against covid

there are lots of others things which can be done almost indisputably the most effective being social distancing

those who are vaccinated but not social distancing could be viewed as very selfish by those who take other measures beyond being vaccinated

essential stuff like public transport etc fair enough but non-essential stuff like football matches / nightclubs etc people should be less selfish and be very restrictive in their consumption of these non-essential events to try to stop things getting out of control pressurising the nhs and ultimately contributing to covid (and other) deaths

as sturgeon said at least once during the pandemic just because you are allowed to do something doesn’t necessarily mean you should

some folk need to have a long look at what they are doing particularly those who think their contribution to the the way out of here stops at vaccination and a bit of cloth over their face from time to time

You would certainly be happier with a full lockdown again it seems. Many people would it seems . It’s safer but it’s not living . You should try living it’s much more fun .  Your definition of “ essential “ Just wow 

1 hour ago, hearts00 said:

Correct. 

I sometimes wonder if all the so called experts and intellectual giants on here actually have looked at the data and properly assessed the risks around covid. 

One would think the risk of death from contracting covid is 5%, not 0.05%. And yes for all the intellectual giants on here 0.05% even after catching covid. 

But I know how this argument goes from here, “one death is too many” and “what about long covid!!!!”

Yeah someone better tell a few on this none of us are getting out of this world alive . Suddenly immortality seems to be the new mantra 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

You are very unlikely to die not wearing a seat belt too. Or drinking and driving. 

1 hour ago, Gards said:

You can debate this until the cows come home but based on what was announced today, if you can't prove you're vaccinated you're not getting into see Hearts.

Only things that might change that is SFA/SPFL coming to some agreement with Scottish Government or them also including proof of a negative test as also being a factor for allowing entry.

So given that, my main concern is how the hell are Hearts going to logistically manage this.  I think the best way would be to attach vaccine status to your season ticket but i expect that will need upgrade to the ticketing system.  The worst case scenario is getting entry on match day by showing your letter/app....if that's the case we better start opening the gates 3 hours before kickoff.

Hearts biggest challenge is how this is implemented.

Logistical nightmare . Will cause massive disruption 

56 minutes ago, Taffin said:

People are so selfish, how dare they not want to inject something into their body that they don't want for the benefit or gratification of others...

Oh wait, I've got that the wrong way around I think.

😂

54 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

People attending non-essential events likely to fuel infection are risking the health of others - you see despite the great vaccination take up record infection rates now feeding through to hospitalisations etc albeit lower than before

so In the same judgemental way people attending these non-essential infection-fuelling events are also being selfish especially at this time ?

some even doing it without the consideration for others of taking a test beforehand

so “selfish” :(

😡 you really need to just stay in and let others take the slight risk , even slighter risk  if double vaccinated of getting out and about to non essential things . You have got it bad 

4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Not when YOUR choice impacts other innocent people 

not good enough 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Give me any example where unless there’s a medical reason - why it’s not selfish if someone just refuses a vaccine?

Religious? Personal choice not enough?

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I was meaning to super spreaders...as in people who spread it at a higher rate than average, not events.

The above isn't a bad idea though, or at least it wouldn't have been previously, there's really no need for it anymore though * I don't think.

*We know.

::troll::

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Fair enough. 

On what basis do you think the vaccine doesn't stop infection?

Not 100% certainly but it does make it less likely to catch it or pass it on.

And yes it is taking away your freedom.  We've had 18 months of that but the rates are looking horrific again.

New cases are up higher than they have been for a long time and that’s even after majority have been jabbed. That’s where I’m coming there.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

*We know.

::troll::

I had a wee devil, but must have deleted by accident, on that post above. :D

Edited by ri Alban

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Religious? Personal choice not enough?

Not good enough reason mate

they don’t deserve to be able to mix with people doing the right thing 

all of them are selfish twits (unless there’s a medical reason)

3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

And it was unfair last season when you could barely leave the house never mind go to the game, season ticket or no.

I save up money I earn to watch my team and will be denied because our great governing body are forcing people to have a vaccine to enter the game. I won’t be at the games then

Why have you not had the vaccines?

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Fans like yourself should have the option of a refund.   Morally wrong for any club not to offer to give it back.  

People shouldn't be guilt tripped into just accepting giving money for something they won't get.  

Loyalty works both ways here   

New cases are up higher than they have been for a long time and that’s even after majority have been jabbed. That’s where I’m coming there.

Cases are up but that's on the back of increased testing.

Hospitalizations aren't at the same level as previously. 

2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

And it was unfair last season when you could barely leave the house never mind go to the game, season ticket or no.

I'm not sure how that relates to my post about buying a season ticket you can't use.  

You disagree that refunds should be offered? 

It'll leave a bad taste in the mouth of some fans if they have lost their money.  Especially after paying full price to watch it in tbe box last season.  

Absolute Scenes

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not good enough reason mate

they don’t deserve to be able to mix with people doing the right thing 

all of them are selfish twits (unless there’s a medical reason)

Ah so now the vaccinated are higher valued than those who have been vaccinated, I get it. So effectively they are viewed more positively. Don’t think that’s ever caused an issue, a group of people being scape goats for an issue…👀👀

Out of interest, how do you know you’re doing the right thing, because a man on the tele told you to?

if someone’s religion meant they couldn’t allow certain chemicals into their bodies, would you say to that person you can’t come near me because I’m clean and you’re not?

Just curious, do you smoke/have you ever smoked/close with someone who smokes?

do you own a petrol/diesel car or take buses at all?

Jeffros Furios
12 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Selfish twits everywhere pal 

Ignore the haters !! 

You would think that Scotland as one of the most vaccinated countries in the world would have one of the lowest case rates but the opposite is true.

I'm glad this decision has been taken. I'm also glad I decided to give matches a miss and just watch the live streams instead. I had feared there was going to be a lot of unvaccinated and carefree fans at the games, this thread has proved my suspicions. 

Once the vaccine certificate rule is introduced I will feel more comfortable abiut attending and will now be able to use the ST that I have paid for. 

6 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I'm not sure how that relates to my post about buying a season ticket you can't use.  

You disagree that refunds should be offered? 

It'll leave a bad taste in the mouth of some fans if they have lost their money.  Especially after paying full price to watch it in tbe box last season.  

Yes I do. There were no refunds last year when nobody could go.

The only thing stopping folk going this year is personal choice. 

They're entitled to make that choice but shouldn't then complain about the consequences. 

8 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Ah so now the vaccinated are higher valued than those who have been vaccinated, I get it. So effectively they are viewed more positively. Don’t think that’s ever caused an issue, a group of people being scape goats for an issue…👀👀

Out of interest, how do you know you’re doing the right thing, because a man on the tele told you to?

if someone’s religion meant they couldn’t allow certain chemicals into their bodies, would you say to that person you can’t come near me because I’m clean and you’re not?

Just curious, do you smoke/have you ever smoked/close with someone who smokes?

do you own a petrol/diesel car or take buses at all?

If that religion told someone  the world was flat what would you say to them? 

vaccinations have been proven to work 

3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

You would think that Scotland as one of the most vaccinated countries in the world would have one of the lowest case rates but the opposite is true.

Look at Isreal,  now getting triple jagged to keep green pass valid as 2 jags don't stop cases, coming here soon.

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

I'm glad this decision has been taken. I'm also glad I decided to give matches a miss and just watch the live streams instead. I had feared there was going to be a lot of unvaccinated and carefree fans at the games, this thread has proved my suspicions. 

Once the vaccine certificate rule is introduced I will feel more comfortable abiut attending and will now be able to use the ST that I have paid for. 

Too many selfish twits at the game not wearing masks and choosing not to get vaccinated too 

Just now, escobri said:

Look at Isreal,  now getting triple jagged to keep green pass valid as 2 jags don't stop cases, coming here soon.

Triple jabbed are testing positive as well. Wonder when people will wake up 

Too many selfish twits at the game not wearing masks and choosing not to get vaccinated too 

If you don’t need to wear a mask sitting indoors at a table why should you need them outside when seated ? 

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Bit selfish.

You do realise people can still pass it on to you? 

1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

Triple jabbed are testing positive as well. Wonder when people will wake up 

On the basis of tonight's evidence on this site not any time soon.

2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Yes I do. There were no refunds last year when nobody could go.

The only thing stopping folk going this year is personal choice. 

They're entitled to make that choice but shouldn't then complain about the consequences. 

The same as it was my choice not to attend matches so far. 

I'm still getting to see the games because the club are streaming the games. The non vaccinated can do the same. 

3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I presume you wear 2 masks and gloves?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Well done mate sounds like a good decision - I thought you said you were in two-minds going to the game because you felt guilty as you hadn’t organised a test which had been highlighted by others doing so on the pcr test thread