Vaccination certificates needed at Tynecastle?

Niemi’s gloves

56 minutes ago, been here before said:

Is it?

Im not vaccinated. I dont particularly want it but if we're being coerced then I might end up biting the bullet as it were.

However because Im over 40 I have to have the Astra Zenica jab. I dont want the Astra Zenica jab though. Ive tried my GP, the temporary place in the Gyle and the EICC and each place has told me the same thing in the same patronising manner, "the experts have decided....". Ill take the Pfizer or Moderna but they wont give me it. So essentially because I wont take the AZ then they wont vaccinate me. Im wandering about unvaccinated but willing to take 2 out of the 3 vaccines available.

Not that much of a choice really.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/27/blood-clot-risk-greater-after-covid-infection-than-after-vaccination

Have a read of that, especially the fifth paragraph.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• frankblack

• Taffin

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Yes I imagine it will be fine ,as they are in discussion with various other nations about acceptance for travellers .So I guess other uk nations will be accepted no probs .

Do hope so 👍just got back and cannae be missing the Hibs game

7 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Loads of reasons. The main overriding and most important one being that young people are not at any risk from

covid. 

What?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

being vaccinated is one way of helping to protect society against covid

there are lots of others things which can be done almost indisputably the most effective being social distancing

those who are vaccinated but not social distancing could be viewed as very selfish by those who take other measures beyond being vaccinated

essential stuff like public transport etc fair enough but non-essential stuff like football matches / nightclubs etc people should be less selfish and be very restrictive in their consumption of these non-essential events to try to stop things getting out of control pressurising the nhs and ultimately contributing to covid (and other) deaths

as sturgeon said at least once during the pandemic just because you are allowed to do something doesn’t necessarily mean you should

some folk need to have a long look at what they are doing particularly those who think their contribution to the the way out of here stops at vaccination and a bit of cloth over their face from time to time

8 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Loads of reasons. The main overriding and most important one being that young people are not at any risk from

covid. 

Fantastic post, that’ll trigger loads of folk 

SuperstarSteve
20 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Where is it being reported AZ still causing deaths? AZ has caused no more deaths than any of the other vaccines but as it is the cheapest one and the one that is being subject to the most ridiculous lies, people who have no intelligence are shitting themselves to take it.

All vaccines cause less deaths than Covid.

Well there was a death just recently due to it. Lisa shaw radio presenter if am not mistaken.

Of course vaccines cause death but there is many people who would rather take their chances with covid over the vaccine especially after having the virus and surviving. Take the vaccine with the risk of dying but it won’t give you immunity to the virus you just survived? Effectively going from 1 risk that is covid to 2 risks Covid and the vaccine. 

That is just the attitude of people I know when debating it. Right attitude or wrong I believe each to their own. 

Whatever limits risk I’m all for and the vaccine does that but regarding the football passport. I don’t agree if there isn’t an option for people to prove a negative test which proves they are not a risk. Me agreeing doesn’t stop it from happening though am just sharing my opinion. 

4 hours ago, Killinman said:

The vaccine does not stop you getting Covid. I know several people who have had the vaccine and have had bad

doses of it.  

How do you know that they wouldn't have died had they been unvaccinated? 

1 minute ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Well there was a death just recently due to it. Lisa shaw radio presenter if am not mistaken.

Of course vaccines cause death but there is many people who would rather take their chances with covid over the vaccine especially after having the virus and surviving. Take the vaccine with the risk of dying but it won’t give you immunity to the virus you just survived? Effectively going from 1 risk that is covid to 2 risks Covid and the vaccine. 

That is just the attitude of people I know when debating it. Right attitude or wrong I believe each to their own. 

Whatever limits risk I’m all for and the vaccine does that but regarding the football passport. I don’t agree if there isn’t an option for people to prove a negative test which proves they are not a risk. Me agreeing doesn’t stop it from happening though am just sharing my opinion. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/media/2021/aug/26/bbc-presenter-lisa-shaw-died-of-astrazeneca-covid-vaccine-complications-coroner-finds

True enough

been here before
2 minutes ago, kila said:

Aye thats grand. We could throw articles backward and forward all night long about the merits, dangers (potential or otherwise) of each vaccine but it still doesnt alter the fact that as far as my experience goes you have no choice but to get what you're told.

Jeffros Furios

Normal people don't have a problem it's just the easily led tinfoil wearing welts shouting about FREEDOMS  !! 

what a bunch of selfish  bairns .

6 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

being vaccinated is one way of helping to protect society against covid

there are lots of others things which can be done almost indisputably the most effective being social distancing

those who are vaccinated but not social distancing could be viewed as very selfish by those who take other measures beyond being vaccinated

essential stuff like public transport etc fair enough but non-essential stuff like football matches / nightclubs etc people should be less selfish and be very restrictive in their consumption of these non-essential events to try to stop things getting out of control pressurising the nhs and ultimately contributing to covid (and other) deaths

as sturgeon said at least once during the pandemic just because you are allowed to do something doesn’t necessarily mean you should

some folk need to have a long look at what they are doing particularly those who think their contribution to the the way out of here stops at vaccination and a bit of cloth over their face from time to time

I don’t have the words. 

36 minutes ago, brawlad74 said:

Just picking up on this. What's happening to us ST holders and fans who live in England? Got evidence of AZ double jag but will Nicola accept it? 

There is already an english passport app i believe

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Aye thats grand. We could throw articles backward and forward all night long about the merits, dangers (potential or otherwise) of each vaccine but it still doesnt alter the fact that as far as my experience goes you have no choice but to get what you're told.

It's a supply and cost issue for the NHS I guess.

Maybe you'll be able to pay to get the Pfizer or Moderna one privately soon.

Shanks said no
29 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

No excuse for people not to wear masks at the game though 

07467 918874

Although I suspect you have it on speed dial

Make sure you have plenty of film in your camera

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
9 minutes ago, kila said:

those figures don’t appear to be comparing like with like

assuming you take the vaccine the risk of being exposed to the end risk event (clots etc) is 1

comparing against risk after infection also needs to take into account the risk of being exposed to the end risk event (ie the risk of becoming infected which is a number less than 1 - often considerably less than 1)

just another example of numbers not being qualified or understood 

might still be safer with the vaccine is some cases but the difference isn’t the difference in those numbers

19 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

No reason for people not to have a vaccination unless there’s a medical reason not to 

There's no reason not to do lots of things that aren't in turn made mandatory. 

"I don't want one" is reason enough. I'm sick of the attitude of 'its everybody else's responsibility to look after me and keep me safe' 

As long as they extend the ban to other super spreaders then I'm okay with it. Focusing solely on the unvaccinated is bollocks imo and that's as someone who is double vaccinated...not that my medial status is anyone elses business.

7 minutes ago, sadj said:

There is already an english passport app i believe

Thanks sadj, I'll look into that. 

been here before
8 minutes ago, kila said:

It's a supply and cost issue for the NHS I guess.

Maybe you'll be able to pay to get the Pfizer or Moderna one privately soon.

Thatll do but in the meantime despite being grudgingly willing to choose get jabbed with the majority of the vaccines out there and having made 3 or 4 concerted attepts to get it, Im still stoating about vaccine free. 

Its not always as simple as you either choose to get it or not.

Edited by been here before

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

"I don't want one" is reason enough. I'm sick of the attitude of 'its everybody else's responsibility to look after me and keep me safe' 

As long as they extend the ban to other super spreaders then I'm okay with it. Focusing solely on the unvaccinated is bollocks imo and that's as someone who is double vaccinated...not that my medial status is anyone elses business.

Correct. 

I sometimes wonder if all the so called experts and intellectual giants on here actually have looked at the data and properly assessed the risks around covid. 

One would think the risk of death from contracting covid is 5%, not 0.05%. And yes for all the intellectual giants on here 0.05% even after catching covid. 

But I know how this argument goes from here, “one death is too many” and “what about long covid!!!!”

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
4 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

I don’t have the words. 

I’ll try to help you find them mate who’s protecting the nhs (and their fellow humans) more - number them 1 to 4 mate - 1 being less selfish than 4

a - fully vaccinated thrown themselves back into normality as much they are allowed

b - fully vaccinated but recognising the pressure society still under / deaths rising / hospitalisations rising / winter on the way etc so being very restrictive of non-essential events (at least in the shortish term ) which can fuel infection

c - the unvaccinated version of a

d - the unvaccinated version of b

you don’t even need to identify what group you’re in just list them in order of selfishness - 1 being the least selfish

take your time

36 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

In the end of the day, you can never force or pressure or legislate for anyone to undergo a procedure, or inject themselves with something, for the so called benefit of others. 

True. And the general approach is encouragement. 

But then you have to take the consequences if society says there are limits and requirements. 

1 minute ago, brawlad74 said:

Thanks sadj, I'll look into that. 

Think its available in the nhs app , was looking earlier when the whole debate started

1 minute ago, hearts00 said:

Correct. 

I sometimes wonder if all the so called experts and intellectual giants on here actually have looked at the data and properly assessed the risks around covid. 

One would think the risk of death from contracting covid is 5%, not 0.05%. And yes for all the intellectual giants on here 0.05% even after catching covid. 

But I know how this argument goes from here, “one death is too many” and “what about long covid!!!!”

You are very unlikely to die not wearing a seat belt too. Or drinking and driving. 

You can debate this until the cows come home but based on what was announced today, if you can't prove you're vaccinated you're not getting into see Hearts.

Only things that might change that is SFA/SPFL coming to some agreement with Scottish Government or them also including proof of a negative test as also being a factor for allowing entry.

So given that, my main concern is how the hell are Hearts going to logistically manage this.  I think the best way would be to attach vaccine status to your season ticket but i expect that will need upgrade to the ticketing system.  The worst case scenario is getting entry on match day by showing your letter/app....if that's the case we better start opening the gates 3 hours before kickoff.

Hearts biggest challenge is how this is implemented.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You are very unlikely to die not wearing a seat belt too. Or drinking and driving. 

what’s the health downside of not drinking and driving?

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

I would think the proposal will have cross party support. 

It's become a necessary evil I'm afraid. 

The only criticism I have is that certificates should have been issued at the very start as soon as a second jab was administered a certificate should have been issued on the spot. 

It's sad that there are so many selfish people prepared to risk the health of others and overwhelm the NHS. 

It's ironic that those are the same people who will moan the loudest about the NHS waiting lists etc. 

I have my reasons for not being vaccinated and it’s not based on being selfish, but I have reasons that I am not which I don’t want to go into detail on. But I understand how it looks. I was just angry, from the joy of being back at Tynecastle to then the possibility I won’t be allowed in. 

I’m not anti vaccine but I’m not taking this one, or the booster. There are arguments for both sides rightly or wrongly but I will not be forced/bullied by Nicola Sturgeon or some other faceless politicians who think they can stop people doing the activities, pastimes or travelling that they’ve spent a lifetime engaging in. Even the scientists cannot agree on what the right approach is as it’s different country by country.

It has been and still is a shit show since day one, and the propaganda from the MSM does nothing positive other than misinform and confuse people.

I don’t think I’ll be the only Hearts supporter (50 + years in my case) who is against vaccine passports or QR codes that prove you’ve been vaccinated in order to gain entry to a pub, club, or fitba game.

Just a bit disappointed about how these COVID rules are developing.

2 minutes ago, Gards said:

You can debate this until the cows come home but based on what was announced today, if you can't prove you're vaccinated you're not getting into see Hearts.

Only things that might change that is SFA/SPFL coming to some agreement with Scottish Government or them also including proof of a negative test as also being a factor for allowing entry.

So given that, my main concern is how the hell are Hearts going to logistically manage this.  I think the best way would be to attach vaccine status to your season ticket but i expect that will need upgrade to the ticketing system.  The worst case scenario is getting entry on match day by showing your letter/app....if that's the case we better start opening the gates 3 hours before kickoff.

Yip.

The logistics are huge either digitally or manually. If the politicians vote this in, they have to provide the resources to enable the clubs to carry out their decisions. 
Football grounds are the biggest challenge for this kind of enforcement.

People are so selfish, how dare they not want to inject something into their body that they don't want for the benefit or gratification of others...

Oh wait, I've got that the wrong way around I think.

Absolute Scenes
18 minutes ago, Taffin said:

That was exactly my point earlier. 
I don’t want it should be just enough. I now have to justify as to why I don’t want to take it? Unfortunately the flu has been a big killer for folks in winter, and yet I am not asked to show proof I’ve had this if I go into care homes etc. 
Opening up pubs and clubs, festivals etc and expecting folk sloshed out their net to remember to cover their faces and keep distanced. Madness

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, sac said:

I’m not anti vaccine but I’m not taking this one, or the booster. There are arguments for both sides rightly or wrongly but I will not be forced/bullied by Nicola Sturgeon or some other faceless politicians who think they can stop people doing the activities, pastimes or travelling that they’ve spent a lifetime engaging in. Even the scientists cannot agree on what the right approach is as it’s different country by country.

It has been and still is a shit show since day one, and the propaganda from the MSM does nothing positive other than misinform and confuse people.

I don’t think I’ll be the only Hearts supporter (50 + years in my case) who is against vaccine passports or QR codes that prove you’ve been vaccinated in order to gain entry to a pub, club, or fitba game.

Just a bit disappointed about how these COVID rules are developing.

I’m with you. I think the whole thing reeks

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, luckydug said:

I would think the proposal will have cross party support. 

It's become a necessary evil I'm afraid. 

The only criticism I have is that certificates should have been issued at the very start as soon as a second jab was administered a certificate should have been issued on the spot. 

It's sad that there are so many selfish people prepared to risk the health of others and overwhelm the NHS. 

It's ironic that those are the same people who will moan the loudest about the NHS waiting lists etc. 

People attending non-essential events likely to fuel infection are risking the health of others - you see despite the great vaccination take up record infection rates now feeding through to hospitalisations etc albeit lower than before

so In the same judgemental way people attending these non-essential infection-fuelling events are also being selfish especially at this time ?

some even doing it without the consideration for others of taking a test beforehand

so “selfish” :(

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

People are so selfish, how dare they not want to inject something into their body that they don't want for the benefit or gratification of others...

Oh wait, I've got that the wrong way around I think.

😂😂👍

you need to keep me safe so you NEED get this

5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

😂😂👍

you need to keep me safe so you NEED get this

The vaccine is a great thing and drastically reduces your chances of getting seriously ill. So if you're worried, take the vaccine and stop worrying. If you're still worried, maybe don't go to the football or nightclubs and leave it to those (vaccinated or not) who are happy with the miniscule risk.

That's my take on it 

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Absolutely spot-on!  It's all about protecting other people.

I had both of my jabs ages ago, but I'm aware that these vaccines aren't infallible.  I continue to socially-distance when I can, and to wear masks indoors in public.  I go to the pub, but I still wear a mask when moving around, and I avoid busy times.  I haven't managed to get to the football yet, but when I get there I will wear a mask and avoid breathing towards other folks' faces.

I now see very few people still behaving as I do, and the number seems to be decreasing all the time.

The thing is, some people probably look at me and assume I'm afraid of Covid-19.  I'm quite the opposite actually - I've been blessed throughout my life with excellent health, and (perhaps naively) I'd fancy my chances.

But it's not only about me, it's about protecting everyone.  So, for anyone reading this who is for some reason against vaccines and other precautions, please bear in mind that your health has at least in part been protected by responsible people like me.

Sorry I do not agree at all. Those vaccinated have made a conscious choice to be vaccinated but it does not give you a higher morality because you’ve done what the big wigs have told you. I have chosen not to be vaccinated, because I do not want to be vaccinated. Why does that make me selfish? Because I’m not deciding to put something in my body that you have?

I have three friends, fit as a fiddle, all 3 double vaxed and still caught COVID. I had to self isolate for ten days as I had been a close contact. Took 3 tests and was negative every time. And yet, I still had to isolate. Doesn’t make any sense.  vaccinated or not, it doesn’t stop the virus, it doesn’t stop it spreading and doesn’t stop it existing. It will be here for the long haul. And the sooner we live normally the better, we’ve been locked down and forced to live in loneliness for too long. This is now taking away freedoms from people who believe they have choices to make that are their own. to be denied access like this is creating a tiered society and if people can’t see it then it’s already begun

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 minute ago, sassenach said:

Absolutely spot-on!  It's all about protecting other people.

I had both of my jabs ages ago, but I'm aware that these vaccines aren't infallible.  I continue to socially-distance when I can, and to wear masks indoors in public.  I go to the pub, but I still wear a mask when moving around, and I avoid busy times.  I haven't managed to get to the football yet, but when I get there I will wear a mask and avoid breathing towards other folks' faces.

I now see very few people still behaving as I do, and the number seems to be decreasing all the time.

The thing is, some people probably look at me and assume I'm afraid of Covid-19.  I'm quite the opposite actually - I've been blessed throughout my life with excellent health, and (perhaps naively) I'd fancy my chances.

But it's not only about me, it's about protecting everyone.  So, for anyone reading this who is for some reason against vaccines and other precautions, please bear in mind that your health has at least in part been protected by responsible people like me.

I agree mate but can see both sides (ie folk desperate to get back to normality) and like you possibly naively I see myself with a better chance of being ok with covid than some taking much higher risks

the rank hypocrisy of folk who decide that what they’ve done is enough and anyone doing less is “selfish” has been a wee bit of an eye-opener

getting the vaccine seems to be ‘I’ve done my bit’ for many when in the eyes of others they’re just a different level of “selfish”

well done for what your doing (as many are also doing to a greater or lesser degree) but mostly well done for resisting to use the “selfish” word especially as you would be in a better position than most to do it

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

I've just gone out and slaughtered all the cattle I could find. 🐄

They do, after all, contribute significantly to greenhouse gas emissions and we don't need to eat beef or consume dairy products when there's so much delicious plant-based alternatives. 🌬️

Next up, I'm off to the dark web to buy a few dirty bombs so I can wipe out Bangladesh, the most polluting nation on Earth. 🇧🇩

I'm doing it for the sake of others, so it's okay. :angel:

While you’re at it mate can you go out and tan all the petrol and diesel cars you can find as well as they cause too much pollution and you should not be allowed to go into the city unless you own an expensive electric car or a bike.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I've just gone out and slaughtered all the cattle I could find. 🐄

They do, after all, contribute significantly to greenhouse gas emissions and we don't need to eat beef or consume dairy products when there's so much delicious plant-based alternatives. 🌬️

Next up, I'm off to the dark web to buy a few dirty bombs so I can wipe out Bangladesh, the most polluting nation on Earth. 🇧🇩

I'm doing it for the sake of others, so it's okay. :angel:

putting yourself at risk for the benefit of others - textbook Jonesy

dealing with selfishness on a macro level 👏

Absolute Scenes
Just now, sassenach said:

I haven't called anyone selfish at all.  I've simply pointed out how I've been able to behave responsibility towards others while still more or less getting back to normal.

Why would anyone have a problem with this?

Apologies mate you got the brunt there and I actually did mean to quote another post who had mentioned selfish but didn’t quite it right so it didn’t show up, so looked like it was all aimed at you

31 minutes ago, Gards said:

Hearts should have the balls to stand up with other clubs and lobby the Government on this. It is unworkable. 

22 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

People attending non-essential events likely to fuel infection are risking the health of others - you see despite the great vaccination take up record infection rates now feeding through to hospitalisations etc albeit lower than before

so In the same judgemental way people attending these non-essential infection-fuelling events are also being selfish especially at this time ?

some even doing it without the consideration for others of taking a test beforehand

so “selfish” :(

Mate are you really that fearful of covid? 

I don’t know what to say to you. Stay in your bedroom. 

young people have already wasted a year of their life to protect you. Despite being at no risk themselves. 

You are vaccinated, either get on with life or stay in your bedroom. 

Edited by hearts00

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
5 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

young people have already wasted a year of their life to protect you. Despite being at no risk themselves. 

:lion:

18 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Sorry I do not agree at all. Those vaccinated have made a conscious choice to be vaccinated but it does not give you a higher morality because you’ve done what the big wigs have told you. I have chosen not to be vaccinated, because I do not want to be vaccinated. Why does that make me selfish? Because I’m not deciding to put something in my body that you have?

I have three friends, fit as a fiddle, all 3 double vaxed and still caught COVID. I had to self isolate for ten days as I had been a close contact. Took 3 tests and was negative every time. And yet, I still had to isolate. Doesn’t make any sense.  vaccinated or not, it doesn’t stop the virus, it doesn’t stop it spreading and doesn’t stop it existing. It will be here for the long haul. And the sooner we live normally the better, we’ve been locked down and forced to live in loneliness for too long. This is now taking away freedoms from people who believe they have choices to make that are their own. to be denied access like this is creating a tiered society and if people can’t see it then it’s already begun

👏👏👏

56 minutes ago, Taffin said:

It is other people’s business when the selfish unvaccinated people (ie - those who have been offered it but refused for any reason other than medical) can carry the virus and more likely to spread it to others 

13 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Hearts should have the balls to stand up with other clubs and lobby the Government on this. It is unworkable. 

Very well

said . If you think he’s got it bad take a gander at the corona virus thread 🧵 😎