Vaccination certificates needed at Tynecastle?

Niemi’s gloves

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's not peer pressure to get them to do the right thing. We all vaccinate our kids as infants right? In fact, it would be fantastic to have a younger population who value the meaning of community instead of developing an everyone for themselves, survival of the fittest attitude.

Well said👍 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• frankblack

• Taffin

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Or we could have kept the economy open like they did in Sweden. No masks and no lockdowns. 

Who got it right? ...

Sweden didn't....as their prime minister and health minister admitted when the apologised to the nation.  The Swedish myth was blown apart ages ago.

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

That’s really sad to read.  I had this conversation with my teenage daughter who said much the same. I said that the older and vulnerable are the ones that are putting food on her table and a roof over her head. The people who have afforded her the life she enjoys. 
sorry but that’s an awful statement to make

When I was last on yellow card 1400 people had died from the vaccine. Most of them would have been at no risk from covid. 

Look I'm neither young or particularly fit but I don't expect young people to put themselves at risk to help me.

Surely any full football stand should require this and not just crowds over 10000, so some might not be able to visit a half full Tynecastle but go to a capacity crowd at a stadium with under 10000 capacity. 

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And you can help by giving interviews on your death bed. Even some of these guys have done that. 

Its a conspeeeraceee

been here before
4 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

No underlying anything.. thanks 

Not sure how where I have been makes a difference either  !

I suggest you speak to your GP

Done arguing about what should really be common sense 

Nae bother. Thanks for advising what Ive already done 👍

Edited by been here before

17 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

It is still in the trial stage. Clinical trials are completed in 2023.

Now you are just making things up... 

How do I know... i work in that particular field 

Go try another angle,  or better still...just shut up and gies peace

Just now, been here before said:

Nae bother. Thanks for advising what Ive already done :thumbs:

Nae bother

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's not peer pressure to get them to do the right thing. We all vaccinate our kids as infants right? In fact, it would be fantastic to have a younger population who value the meaning of community instead of developing an everyone for themselves, survival of the fittest attitude.

The vaccines that we give our children are not still under clinical trail though. We have assurances for short and long term effects from those vaccines... We (at this point) don't have those same assurance for the covid vaccine.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Well said👍 

Hate to say it as I like wasting my time on kickback and Amazon is quite handy but I kind of wish the internet could be turned off for a couple of decades to reset people's brains. Pre-internet your doc contacts you about a great new vaccine that will protect everyone from, say, Polio, and you think "magic, I'll have some of that" and really have no option but to trust them. You don't go off and seek out the opinions of crazy people you don't know instead. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, ScottieMac17 said:

The vaccines that we give our children are not still under clinical trail though. We have assurances for short and long term effects from those vaccines... We (at this point) don't have those same assurance for the covid vaccine.

That's fine, so long as people wth this opinion understand that we will have vaccine passports, masks and rolling lockdowns until trials are complete.

Footballfirst

Given that threads on the "Terrace" should be about football, 95% of the posts would be better redirected to the "Shed" where there is a perfectly suitable 1842 page thread for debating the rights and wrongs of covid policy.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Hate to say it as I like wasting my time on kickback and Amazon is quite handy but I kind of wish the internet could be turned off for a couple of decades to reset people's brains. Pre-internet your doc contacts you about a great new vaccine that will protect everyone from, say, Polio, and you think "magic, I'll have some of that" and really have no option but to trust them. You don't go off and seek out the opinions of crazy people you don't know instead. 

Boom

I'm a nutshell...

Too many folk with limited understanding of a situation start reading and listening to utter nonsense spouted by absolute roasters

been here before
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m in my sixties and got the Pfizer. Just depends on locations and supplies. 

Youd think wouldnt you? I sat in a massive hall in the EICC drop in . Three 'rows' for want of a better phrase. One I was in administering AZ, one Moderna and one Pfizer. All the time some patronising jobsworth slavering on about 'experts deciding' while Im sitting watching arm after arm getting jabbed with the 2 Id accept. But nah... I cant get those despite sitting about 20 feet away from them...

Malinga the Swinga
13 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Correct. That and the no immunity from the virus like polio vaccine guarantees is why some are still on the fence at the moment. 
AZ is still causing deaths at moment short term. Folk would rather hold off for long term data which I can understand. 

Where is it being reported AZ still causing deaths? AZ has caused no more deaths than any of the other vaccines but as it is the cheapest one and the one that is being subject to the most ridiculous lies, people who have no intelligence are shitting themselves to take it.

All vaccines cause less deaths than Covid.

5 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

How long do you want to wait to understand the long term effects of a vaccine? The testing regimes for vaccines nowadays are streets ahead of where they were in the 50s and 60s when the most comonly used vaccines were introduced. 

I’m glad my parents didn’t stop me getting vaccinated as a kid because the vaccines had only been around a few years. 

the reliance of some people on any old spaff posted on the internet is quite amazing. 2 minutes of proper research and most of it can be confined to the bin.

The amount of it presented as fact is incredible

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I wonder if they're made to take off their tinfoil hats when admitted?

I wonder if they all use mobile phones and are frying their brains😂

Guest ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Youd think wouldnt you? I sat in a massive hall in the EICC drop in . Three 'rows' for want of a better phrase. One I was in administering AZ, one Moderna and one Pfizer. All the time some patronising jobsworth slavering on about 'experts deciding' while Im sitting watching arm after arm getting jabbed with the 2 Id accept. But nah... I cant get those despite sitting about 20 feet away from them...

I may have talked to one of these jobsworths who mentioned having to deal with a large number of people with "internet degrees" who demanded one vaccine or another for internet reasons. I'm sure she didn't mean you though.

48 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

One of the funniest not funny things about the anti-vaxxers is they accuse others of living in fear then spout internet-sourced nonsense about the scary effects of a vaccine as a reason for themselves not getting it. 

I’m vaccinated.  I however respect people’s rights to choose not to even if I disagree with their reasoning. 

been here before

I may have talked to one of these jobsworths who mentioned having to deal with a large number of people with "internet degrees" who demanded one vaccine or another for internet reasons. I'm sure she didn't mean you though.

No my degree is a real one si unless your jobsworth is as confused as yourself I doubt he meant me.

Edited by been here before

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Given that threads on the "Terrace" should be about football, 95% of the posts would be better redirected to the "Shed" where there is a perfectly suitable 1842 page thread for debating the rights and wrongs of covid policy.

Disagree. This is important and actually a very good discussion all things considering. It's not debating policy at all, but getting vaccinated vs not getting vaccinating.

28 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

I will be happy to take any vaccine once it's clinical trials are completed. 

People shoulder up their own minds without coercion. Its not up to young , fit people to protect the old and vulnerable. Should we mandate the flu jab as well? 

Ditto. 

Not into the illuminati/microchip/Chinese biowarfare shit. I just want to make sure its safe before taking it. I'll be able to make an informed decision when the trials are finished.

Might have to start following the wee team. They rarely break 10k. **** corona.

2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

I wonder if they all use mobile phones and are frying their brains😂

Prob not as the tinfoil protects from 5g so they canna catch it …. 🤔 oh wait

Just picking up on this. What's happening to us ST holders and fans who live in England? Got evidence of AZ double jag but will Nicola accept it? 

Disagree. This is important and actually a very good discussion all things considering. It's not debating policy at all, but getting vaccinated vs not getting vaccinating.

I agree…with you.

If it is passed, it will have a huge impact in the context of football, not least the logistics of enforcing it.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Longbaws said:

Ditto. 

Not into the illuminati/microchip/Chinese biowarfare shit. I just want to make sure its safe before taking it. I'll be able to make an informed decision when the trials are finished.

Might have to start following the wee team. They rarely break 10k. **** corona.

So you're OK with effectively forcing vaccinated people into rolling lockdowns, restrictions, potentially delayed operations, etc until then? Fair enough, at least you're up front about it!

10 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Absolutely.  This is a football forum.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

I’m vaccinated.  I however respect people’s rights to choose not to even if I disagree with their reasoning. 

I do too, while reserving the right to be angry with them for contributing to extending pandemic restrictions. if they're aware of what they can and can't do while unvaccinated, which they will soon be, then it's still their choice.

Edited by ToqueJambo

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Internet degrees is an excellent phrase for modern times.   Sums up the amateur expert types that are pretty prevalent nowadays. 

I do too, while reserving the right to be angry with them for contributing to extending pandemic restrictions. if they're aware of what they can and can't do while unvaccinated, which they will soon be, then it's still their choice.

You’ve only got one set of people to blame for the extension of pandemic restrictions those in power. 

So you're OK with effectively forcing vaccinated people into rolling lockdowns, restrictions, potentially delayed operations, etc until then? Fair enough, at least you're up front about it!

I promise you I have never imposed a lockdown on Scotland.

Neither did I spend one second in hospital when I had covid.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, hearts00 said:

You’ve only got one set of people to blame for the extension of pandemic restrictions those in power. 

🤣 18 months on and still doesn't get it

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Longbaws said:

I promise you I have never imposed a lockdown on Scotland.

Neither did I spend one second in hospital when I had covid.

You truly are the special one

In the end of the day, you can never force or pressure or legislate for anyone to undergo a procedure, or inject themselves with something, for the so called benefit of others. 

Just now, hearts00 said:

In the end of the day, you can never force or pressure or legislate for anyone to undergo a procedure, or inject themselves with something, for the so called benefit of others. 

Exactly. 

Should really put an end to the vaccine passport debate. 

ToadKiller Dog
6 minutes ago, brawlad74 said:

Just picking up on this. What's happening to us ST holders and fans who live in England? Got evidence of AZ double jag but will Nicola accept it? 

Yes I imagine it will be fine ,as they are in discussion with various other nations about acceptance for travellers .So I guess other uk nations will be accepted no probs .

been here before
9 minutes ago, brawlad74 said:

PM ToqueJambo. His degree in Virology seems to provide him with most of the answers.

Dennis Reynolds
3 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

No one is. Keep up 🙄

8 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

No reason for people not to have a vaccination unless there’s a medical reason not to 

Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

No reason for people not to have a vaccination unless there’s a medical reason not to 

Loads of reasons. The main overriding and most important one being that young people are not at any risk from

covid.