Vaccination certificates needed at Tynecastle?

Niemi’s gloves

13 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Possibly, maybe even probably but my hope is that the scientists working on new vaccines come up with a "covid-busting" one sooner rather than later.

I would guess that wont happen until the mutation of the virus slows down. Im sure I read this can take 2/3years or has in the past. Once we reach that place it will transmit easily but not bother almost anyone. Ie like the flu. 

Takes time to get to that point. I mean its bit rude the Wuhang lab didnt get it to that point before unleashing it though 😏

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• frankblack

• Taffin

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I reckon we can find a dick easy enough

More than one ***** as well. 😄 

Jeez, the word for vagina is banned. 

Edited by Awbdy Oot

53 minutes ago, sadj said:

I would guess that wont happen until the mutation of the virus slows down. Im sure I read this can take 2/3years or has in the past. Once we reach that place it will transmit easily but not bother almost anyone. Ie like the flu. 

Takes time to get to that point. I mean its bit rude the Wuhang lab didnt get it to that point before unleashing it though 😏

You might be right but if they thought like that we wouldn't have the current vaccines.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

No that’s not true . There will be boosters after booster 

From todays Daily Telegraph.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/09/09/mass-boosters-unnecessary-immunity-lasting-says-oxford-vaccine/

A mass booster programme is unnecessary because immunity to Covid from two vaccine doses is “lasting well” in the majority of people, the lead scientist of the AstraZeneca jab has said.

Prof Dame Sarah Gilbert told The Telegraph that it would be better to send Britain’s third dose supplies to countries where only a small number of the population had been vaccinated.

She said that current levels of vaccination were holding up well, even against the delta variant.

“As the virus spreads between people, it mutates and adapts and evolves, like the delta variant,” said Dame Sarah. “With these outbreaks, we want to stop that as quickly as possible.

“We will look at each situation; the immuno-compromised and elderly will receive boosters. But I don’t think we need to boost everybody. Immunity is lasting well in the majority of people.”

The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) is debating whether to advise that third jabs should be offered before a potential new wave of Covid strikes this winter. A decision on whether a mass booster programme will go ahead is expected in the coming days.

On Thursday, the Medicines Healthcare and Regulatory Products Agency approved the use of both the Pfizer and AstraZeneca jabs for a third dose.

Dr June Raine, the MHRA chief executive, said: “We know that a person’s immunity may decline over time after their first vaccine course.

“This is an important regulatory change as it gives further options for the vaccination programme, which has saved thousands of lives so far. It will now be for the JCVI to advise on whether booster jabs will be given and if so, which vaccines should be used.”

The JCVI is awaiting results from the University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust’s Cov-Boost study, which is trialling seven different booster vaccines. Data were understood to have been presented to the JCVI this week.

The JCVI has already ruled that a third dose should be offered to people with severely weakened immune systems, of whom there are around half a million in Britain.

However, Nadhim Zahawi, the vaccines minister, said on Tuesday that the Government was expecting to offer boosters to around 35 million people, and that the programme would begin later this month. “It will allow us to protect the most vulnerable,” said Mr Zahawi.

It is believed the NHS is planning to combine the booster with the annual flu jab programme, which starts in earnest this month.

Prof Chris Whitty, the Chief Medical Officer for England, and his counterparts in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, are also due to come to a decision imminently on whether to roll out the vaccination programme to under-16s.

However, a large study of millions of youngsters in America suggests that the risk of children suffering a heart problem after mRNA vaccines such as Pfizer and Moderna is six times higher than the chance of being admitted to hospital with Covid.

Dame Sarah has previously spoken out against the vaccination of children, saying she is not convinced of the benefits and believes that the jabs would be better used elsewhere.

“It’s very complex,” Dame Sarah said. “We need to get vaccines to countries where few of the population have been vaccinated so far. We have to do better in this regard. The first dose has the most impact.”

She also warned that Britain needed to be prepared to face another pandemic. “There are lots [of pathogens] carried in bats, for example, that could start infecting humans, and that’s down to us: thanks to more deforestation and destruction of the environments where wild animals live, they come into contact with humans,” she warned.

“There will be another pandemic,” she said. “It sounds negative, but we have to be prepared. There will always be another ‘influenza A’ pandemic. There are several every century, at least once in people’s lifetimes.”

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

13 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/09/09/mass-boosters-unnecessary-immunity-lasting-says-oxford-vaccine/

A mass booster programme is unnecessary because immunity to Covid from two vaccine doses is “lasting well” in the majority of people, the lead scientist of the AstraZeneca jab has said.

Prof Dame Sarah Gilbert told The Telegraph that it would be better to send Britain’s third dose supplies to countries where only a small number of the population had been vaccinated.

She said that current levels of vaccination were holding up well, even against the delta variant.

“As the virus spreads between people, it mutates and adapts and evolves, like the delta variant,” said Dame Sarah. “With these outbreaks, we want to stop that as quickly as possible.

“We will look at each situation; the immuno-compromised and elderly will receive boosters. But I don’t think we need to boost everybody. Immunity is lasting well in the majority of people.”

The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) is debating whether to advise that third jabs should be offered before a potential new wave of Covid strikes this winter. A decision on whether a mass booster programme will go ahead is expected in the coming days.

On Thursday, the Medicines Healthcare and Regulatory Products Agency approved the use of both the Pfizer and AstraZeneca jabs for a third dose.

Dr June Raine, the MHRA chief executive, said: “We know that a person’s immunity may decline over time after their first vaccine course.

“This is an important regulatory change as it gives further options for the vaccination programme, which has saved thousands of lives so far. It will now be for the JCVI to advise on whether booster jabs will be given and if so, which vaccines should be used.”

The JCVI is awaiting results from the University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust’s Cov-Boost study, which is trialling seven different booster vaccines. Data were understood to have been presented to the JCVI this week.

The JCVI has already ruled that a third dose should be offered to people with severely weakened immune systems, of whom there are around half a million in Britain.

However, Nadhim Zahawi, the vaccines minister, said on Tuesday that the Government was expecting to offer boosters to around 35 million people, and that the programme would begin later this month. “It will allow us to protect the most vulnerable,” said Mr Zahawi.

It is believed the NHS is planning to combine the booster with the annual flu jab programme, which starts in earnest this month.

Prof Chris Whitty, the Chief Medical Officer for England, and his counterparts in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, are also due to come to a decision imminently on whether to roll out the vaccination programme to under-16s.

However, a large study of millions of youngsters in America suggests that the risk of children suffering a heart problem after mRNA vaccines such as Pfizer and Moderna is six times higher than the chance of being admitted to hospital with Covid.

Dame Sarah has previously spoken out against the vaccination of children, saying she is not convinced of the benefits and believes that the jabs would be better used elsewhere.

“It’s very complex,” Dame Sarah said. “We need to get vaccines to countries where few of the population have been vaccinated so far. We have to do better in this regard. The first dose has the most impact.”

She also warned that Britain needed to be prepared to face another pandemic. “There are lots [of pathogens] carried in bats, for example, that could start infecting humans, and that’s down to us: thanks to more deforestation and destruction of the environments where wild animals live, they come into contact with humans,” she warned.

“There will be another pandemic,” she said. “It sounds negative, but we have to be prepared. There will always be another ‘influenza A’ pandemic. There are several every century, at least once in people’s lifetimes.”

👍

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

That will be Ms Gilbert cancelled then. Can't be making statements like that.

14 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Possibly, maybe even probably but my hope is that the scientists working on new vaccines come up with a "covid-busting" one sooner rather than later.

14 hours ago, sadj said:

I think thats an interesting and oft missed point. There was concern the vaccine came out to quick and the virus would mutate so the vaccine wouldn’t be effective against the variants. That is bearing fruit in your post there. Problem is do you stay inside intil all variants have happened (not viable) or go with best position you can ask people to protect themselves as much as possible from serious illness with it and get on with things. Difficult to get the balance. 

There are folk working on vaccines the target the spike proteins, which mutate a lot and also the nuclear capsid antigens which are pretty stable, these vaccines will be way more effective and longer lasting than just surface antigen vaccines alone. 

Boosters are not always required if we are in constant contact with a virus, the way we have lived the last 18 months or so has meant this has not been the case, so we may need boosters for the vulnerable as they have still been staying away from crowds where they would have boosted there immunity (or caught it and died of course).

The whole thing will be completely under control in another 18 months, in the mean time we will just live with it and limit the effects, just my opinion of course.

13 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I’m a Las Vegas Raiders fan, they are having fans in the stadium this season. You must be double jabbed to get in. They have employed a app (clear) to make it happen.  The stadium has a capacity of over 70,000.

I don’t think it the technical problem, many think it is, to do this sort of thing. 

It resulted in quite severe technical problems at Wimbledon and ended with people just being waved into centre court.

Edited by Taffin

10 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Fair, enough but these schemes are now being employed all across the world. The understanding of requirements, to make these things happen seamsly will be improving all the time. The technology has/is being developed and 3rd parties have developed systems that are working pretty successfully,  in other parts of the world. (The raiders system is pretty much of the shelf app)

We are far from the first country/club/organisation to have to embark on this journey now. We, generally, learn and get better at things over time and usually exponentially. 

We can make incredibly complex things happen pretty easily nowadays, this won’t be any exception imo. Don’t doubt there will be teething problems but that happens with most new things. This isn’t all that complicated a problem to solve, I could come up with a dozen options of the top of my head and I ain’t no Elon Musk.

Its not the apps, it's the networks. That said though, the raiders app might be the best in the world, as may be the NHS Scotland one, I can assure you NHS England one is awful 😂😂

Your pass expires 24 hours after activating it and you need to log in every time so unless you download it in the morning and screenshot it then you will need your data to work when you get to the game. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.denverpost.com/2016/02/04/why-your-cellphone-doesnt-work-in-crowds/amp/

Of course they can make it better, but will they? Why would EE, Vodafone etc incur cost when they don't need to?

Edit: equally, Hearts, network providers, the Scottish Government and the SPFL may invest to make it seamless. I agree it absolutely can be done but I wouldn't hold my breath. It will be a shitshow...guaranteed. 

Edited by Taffin

1 hour ago, cheetah said:

There are folk working on vaccines the target the spike proteins, which mutate a lot and also the nuclear capsid antigens which are pretty stable, these vaccines will be way more effective and longer lasting than just surface antigen vaccines alone. 

Boosters are not always required if we are in constant contact with a virus, the way we have lived the last 18 months or so has meant this has not been the case, so we may need boosters for the vulnerable as they have still been staying away from crowds where they would have boosted there immunity (or caught it and died of course).

The whole thing will be completely under control in another 18 months, in the mean time we will just live with it and limit the effects, just my opinion of course.

I am firmly of the opinion that the covid-19 vaccines that we have today will look positively primative to the covid-19 vaccines in even just 5 years time.  They will have advanced so much by then, to be better and longer lasting.

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

I’ve been to a few EPL

games this season. I went in with a QR code and didn’t need data as I couldn’t get any. So the data issue can be got round. A QR code of whatever in itself doesn’t need data.  

Agreed, and I don't disagree with your wider point at all. I'm just sceptical of whether authorities and businesses will actually make it happen. Can't vs won't. Cynic I guess. To get to your QR on the NHS England app you need to sign in, then load the passport (hence the data requirement)...I'm sure it could just be stored offline on your phone but they didn't bother with that and even one linked to the vaccine rather than a test is stamped with an expiration date and time of +24 hours from when you accessed it. You know, Incase I become unvaccinated tomorrow 😂

Does sound like it’s more a issue with system in place, in England, albeit I didn’t realise vaccine passports were formally in place in England? You would like to think for the official use they would have a fit for purpose system, it’s in everyone’s interests to have one. Though, alas, not all that surprising😞

The requirement for a passport isn't formally in place yet but we've been able to access our 'passport' on the NHS app for months, it was how they did the trial events. Maybe they'll pull it out the bag and make improvements before they go live with it properly. 

I just hope they change it so it's valid in Scotland too.

Thanks for posting that link I’ve always wondered why couldn’t get access to network at football. 

No problem, it's a weird source (I've no links with Denver) but it was just the first one that came to hand to articulate what I experienced at Wimbledon. Keeps me off fantasy football when at the Hearts games at least (and here) 😂

Francis Albert

I am pleased for those whose lives will not be affected by vaccine passport requirements but they should recognise that some lives will be. 

I spent some time trying to understand how to get the passport on my phone via the English NHS App. Almost the first thing I came across was a reference to my Apple Wallet. I had never heard of such a thing and googling for an explanation produced lots of techy gobbledegook that made no sense whatsoever to me. Pages of largely incomprehensible (to me) instructions followed.

My mother has never had a smart phone and many elderly people are in the same boat and many more (and a few younger people) have neither the skill nor inclination to master the tedious techy world.

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I am pleased for those whose lives will not be affected by vaccine passport requirements but they should recognise that some lives will be. 

I spent some time trying to understand how to get the passport on my phone via the English NHS App. Almost the first thing I came across was a reference to my Apple Wallet. I had never heard of such a thing and googling for an explanation produced lots of techy gobbledegook that made no sense whatsoever to me. Pages of largely incomprehensible (to me) instructions followed.

My mother has never had a smart phone and many elderly people are in the same boat and many more (and a few younger people) have neither the skill nor inclination to master the tedious techy world.

You can use the paper one 👍👍

That's what I'll be doing I think just for ease.

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

Its not the apps, it's the networks. That said though, the raiders app might be the best in the world, as may be the NHS Scotland one, I can assure you NHS England one is awful 😂😂

Your pass expires 24 hours after activating it and you need to log in every time so unless you download it in the morning and screenshot it then you will need your data to work when you get to the game. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.denverpost.com/2016/02/04/why-your-cellphone-doesnt-work-in-crowds/amp/

Of course they can make it better, but will they? Why would EE, Vodafone etc incur cost when they don't need to?

Edit: equally, Hearts, network providers, the Scottish Government and the SPFL may invest to make it seamless. I agree it absolutely can be done but I wouldn't hold my breath. It will be a shitshow...guaranteed. 

Not sure that is correct, i just opened mine and took a screenshot and it is valid for 1 month, does have a giant green bar saying VALID IN ENGLAND so not sure how useful it will be at Tynecastle. 

Francis Albert
18 minutes ago, Taffin said:

You can use the paper one 👍👍

That's what I'll be doing I think just for ease.

Thanks that is good news. I wasn't sure whether that was  an alternative option.

16 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Not sure that is correct, i just opened mine and took a screenshot and it is valid for 1 month, does have a giant green bar saying VALID IN ENGLAND so not sure how useful it will be at Tynecastle. 

👍👍

Mine still says 1143 12th September as the date and time it's valid to when I access it

24 minutes ago, Taffin said:

👍👍

Mine still says 1143 12th September as the date and time it's valid to when I access it

Strange, just opened again and says 12th October. 

17 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

No that’s not true . There will be boosters after booster 

Half an hour out of one day every so often. The time taken to get it will be considerably less than the amount of time spent in this thread.

Edited by Bindy Badgy

22 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Half an hour out of one day every so often. The time taken to get it will be considerably less than the amount of time spent in this thread.

just like the flu vaccine lots of people get every year, or is that some sort of government control (not aimed at you bindy)

joondalupjambo

What is to stop anyone downloading their partners double jagged form and holding that in their phone as a PDF file.  Then when the QR of that is scanned by the hand held device, and it beeps to say ok recognised then you get waved in?

All you are doing when presenting the evidence is enlarging the QR image on your phone.  Nobody will see the name on the form.

Asking for a friend.

1 minute ago, joondalupjambo said:

What is to stop anyone downloading their partners double jagged form and holding that in their phone as a PDF file.  Then when the QR of that is scanned by the hand held device, and it beeps to say ok recognised then you get waved in?

All you are doing when presenting the evidence is enlarging the QR image on your phone.  Nobody will see the name on the form.

Asking for a friend.

What about if your called John and your partner is Joanne ? 😂

joondalupjambo
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

What about if your called John and your partner is Joanne ? 😂

Or both called Chris.......

Anyway do not think names flash up on the hand held checking devices do they?  Thought it just beeped?

2 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Or both called Chris.......

Anyway do not think names flash up on the hand held checking devices do they?  Thought it just beeped?

Not really sure it's the place of stewards to be questioning what people's names are. Unless you're presenting your season ticket at the same time with a different name on it 😂

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Not really sure it's the place of stewards to be questioning what people's names are. Unless you're presenting your season ticket at the same time with a different name on it 😂

Yes and what about if you guys identify as a female lol 

15 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Some overseas places demand proof of Id to correlate with the vaccine passport.  Its the only workable way as these printed or downloaded certificates could easily be faked by any semi computer-literate person.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Some overseas places demand proof of Id to correlate with the vaccine passport.  Its the only workable way as these printed or downloaded certificates could easily be faked by any semi computer-literate person.

Indeed they do. There's no legal requirement in the UK to carry ID though I don't think, nor do we have ID cards.

I don't think they'll be that easily faked due to the QR codes, but people could easily use other people's codes I think.

joondalupjambo
21 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Aye they could do it that way but what a flaff that would be and then as always the stewards, the lowest paid would get all the hassle.  I just cannot see this working fully as it should.  The majority will do the right thing but we all know that there will be folk who will just be pains and be awkward.  10 minutes before kick off and folk will be getting waved through, especially any at any evening games when it is cold, folk are rushing from work and a few beers have been taken.

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

Wouldn t this semi computer-literate person be able to fake a certificate that matched his or her id? Asking as a computer-illiterate.

8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Wouldn t this semi computer-literate person be able to fake a certificate that matched his or her id? Asking as a computer-illiterate.

Depends on how devices/apps work that scan them, doesn't it?

The actual certificate can be edited and names changed.

Watch it , the vaccine zealots will argue for a stamp on our fore  heads next to ensure there is no deception ! 

8 hours ago, Taffin said:

It resulted in quite severe technical problems at Wimbledon and ended with people just being waved into centre court.

Not when I was there....everyone had to prove negative test and were given a wristband on entry....no wristand, no get in.

12 minutes ago, Gards said:

Not when I was there....everyone had to prove negative test and were given a wristband on entry....no wristand, no get in.

That's good 👍👍

We had issues along with everyone else in the corridor re-entering the stands after leaving for a drink/toilet/between matches, as did our friends who attended on another day.

For clarity I'm not talking about getting the wristbands I'm talking about having to pull up your court tickets on the Wimbledon app they'd introduced as part of their 'safety protocols'. When we had to show it to get the wristbands there wasn't much of a crowd built up yet so worked okay and people are more dispersed.

The issue isn't the Covid app, or what people are checking your phone for, it's thousands of people accessing data networks all at once in a confined area. Covid app or ticket, if enough people are doing it at 1445-1500 on a matchday it'll cause serious issues for people getting it loaded up.

If Hearts set up an outer perimeter like exists at Wimbledon for the Covid checks and then use the physical tickets at the turnstiles around the grounds then it'll probably work quite well. If they try and get people to pull up their passes in big queues at the turnstiles it may not be so slick.

Edited by Taffin

On 10/09/2021 at 17:18, Awbdy Oot said:

Your life might not be impacted but I'm pretty sure anyone who chooses to not be vaccinated will have their life affected to some degree.

Oh well. Their choice. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Depends on how devices/apps work that scan them, doesn't it?

The actual certificate can be edited and names changed.

Don't ask me. But if I understand your reply then having to show your id would not prevent fake vaccination passports and certificates from being created. And used.

Edited by Francis Albert

18 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Don't ask me. But if I understand your reply then having to show your id would not prevent fake vaccination passports and certificates from being created. And used.

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Its the QR code which is the important part of vaccine passport. Thats contains the info, that is then accessed, that cannot be edited as far as I’m aware.

I don't know how exactly this can be implemented in the absence of a national Id card.  If you got your mate's vaccine passport you could say that is you.

To be foolproof an app would need to return some form of photo but that only exists for photo driving licences and there may be legal issues hooking into that database.

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I don't know how exactly this can be implemented in the absence of a national Id card.  

I wonder what might be on the horizon..?

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

If you got your mate's vaccine passport you could say that is you.

To be foolproof an app would need to return some form of photo but that only exists for photo driving licences and there may be legal issues hooking into that database.

16 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Could the QR code not have you name imbedded in it, precisely to prevent people using someone's else's QR code.

But how can the security person confirm your identity?

Francis Albert
6 hours ago, milky_26 said:

just like the flu vaccine lots of people get every year, or is that some sort of government control (not aimed at you bindy)

No-one is compelled to have a flu jab or required to prove they have had one in going about their normal lives. I have never had a flu jab not because I am an anti-vaxxer but because I am pretty fit for my age and have as far as I am aware no underlying health problems. I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen a doctor. Flu may kill me but if it does it surely beats years of dementia in a nursing home. I eagerly got my Covid vaccinations because it makes sense in a pandemic of a new and rapidly mutating virus that nobody knows much about. But it seems to.me that there is a danger that we will have to.live with controls and restrictions indefinitely. Which has not been the case with comparable pandemics in the past.