Vaccination certificates needed at Tynecastle?

Niemi’s gloves

2 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

:lol: You're clueless. 11k for vaccinated vs 545 for unvaccinated means there is a massive difference in the rates per 100,000 when cases go up or down by just 1 in the unvaccinated column.

Im clueless? 🤣what's your point? You can't use rates per 100,000 if the number is small? oh dear... please stop, for your own benefit.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• frankblack

• Taffin

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JoeBugner2 said:

If someone hasnt taken the vaccine that is their own decision to make. WTF are you to tell someone they cant do something in case it is too risky for them?  

Maybe some of the anti-vaxxers need to remember that very thing, when they try and shut down vaccination centres, that it is freedom of choice and WTF do they think they are, to try and force their will upon other people.......sounds familar doesn't it........this works both ways.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/anti-vax-protest-cabot-circus-5817382

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/anti-vaccine-protesters-clinic-manchester-21314262

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/01/us/dodger-stadium-covid-vaccination-protest-trnd/index.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/anti-vaxxers-georgia-shut-down-vaccine-site-by-bullying-workers-2021-8?r=US&IR=T

That's just 4 links, the list of incidences where anti-vaxxers have tried to stop people taking the jab, and disrupting the vaccination process goes on and on and on.

17 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

And a vaccinated person going to the pub can get it then walk in no problems to the stadium 

So, what are you suggesting?  Ban everyone from the stadium again?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47v4rc4fr50wlr0guru0

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

Pubs will be added in about 3 weeks time. The excuse will be to prevent lockdowns. 

If that happens I will refuse to go.

No more liquid lunches for me.

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

So, what are you suggesting?  Ban everyone from the stadium again?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47v4rc4fr50wlr0guru0

Don’t be silly I’m just evidences the holes in vaccine passports really 

1 hour ago, Back to 2005 said:

Pubs will be added in about 3 weeks time. The excuse will be to prevent lockdowns. 

Exactly that’s why they are taking so long to “ define “ a nightclub . Watch pubs go to the wall . 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Exactly that’s why they are taking so long to “ define “ a nightclub . Watch pubs go to the wall . 

We're doomed. 

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

We're doomed. 

Not if you have a passport RML but the pubs will probably be a tad more boring I’d say 😂

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

Anyone able to explain the above?

Cheers 👍

Guessing here but I would imagine its a 90% decrease in those catching it requiring icu admission. My only thought for that is that it is a driver of where we are at in terms of pressure on the nhs and therefore lockdowns.

The Real Maroonblood

Not if you have a passport RML but the pubs will probably be a tad more boring I’d say 😂

Lunch time is generally quite. 

Just chat to the barmaid. 😆

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Guessing here but I would imagine its a 90% decrease in those catching it requiring icu admission. My only thought for that is that it is a driver of where we are at in terms of pressure on the nhs and therefore lockdowns.

That's what I took from it too, but I'm not sure if it also includes reducing those who catch it in the first place etc.

It gets bandied about a lot and certainly sounds very good news, but it was only when I spent more time thinking about it I realised I really don't understand what it's telling me 😂😂

Its similar to a discussion I had with another poster yesterday around whether the vaccine will have increased the number of asymptomatic cases as a proportion of total cases or whether it prevents those happening in the first place. 

I'm not sure the guy's tweet in the post that I initially responded to helps matter either with how he's written it.

2 hours ago, JoeBugner2 said:

reduces the spread? Can you explain these case numbers please? E-38QeIUcAM7qkY.thumb.jpg.f300aa7face068b49c2ddeeb247da3f6.jpg

The overall rates per 100k unvaccinated there is higher than the 100k vaccinated rate.

Vaccinated

(5591.4 total) 698.93 average per 100k

Unvaccinated

(6750.1 total) 843.76 average per 100k

Also your unvaccinated total does not include the number who have only had a single dose, it should as they are not fully vaccinated.

Please stop saying that you are more likely to catch Covid after vaccination, it's not true and that's before we even think about the severity of symptoms if you do catch it.

50 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Is there any possibility of JKB requiring an electronic vaccine passport to log into the Covid threads, to filter out some of undesirables? 🤔

Maybe JKB could employ fact checkers so there is no dissent in the ranks. You could volunteer.

2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Maybe JKB could employ fact checkers so there is no dissent in the ranks. You could volunteer.

:rofl:

Somebody is a touch sensitive today.  Is it that time of the month?

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

:rofl:

Somebody is a touch sensitive today.  Is it that time of the month?

2 days before a derby. I'm a bag of nerves.

10 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

2 days before a derby. I'm a bag of nerves.

**** off 🤣🤣 who gets nervous before playing Hibs. We may draw some , we may lose even less but we never fear them

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Lunch time is generally quite. 

Just chat to the barmaid. 😆

Awe ! 👍👍

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Is there any possibility of JKB requiring an electronic vaccine passport to log into the Covid threads, to filter out some of undesirables? 🤔

The “ Undesirables” as it people who have a different view point to you ? 

Awe ! 👍👍

The “ Undesirables” as it people who have a different view point to you ? 

If you mean conspiracy theorists who keep posting nonsense from unreliable sources that doesn't stand up to more than a 2 minute google search to disprove, then yes.

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

That's what I took from it too, but I'm not sure if it also includes reducing those who catch it in the first place etc.

It gets bandied about a lot and certainly sounds very good news, but it was only when I spent more time thinking about it I realised I really don't understand what it's telling me 😂😂

Its similar to a discussion I had with another poster yesterday around whether the vaccine will have increased the number of asymptomatic cases as a proportion of total cases or whether it prevents those happening in the first place. 

I'm not sure the guy's tweet in the post that I initially responded to helps matter either with how he's written it.

I don’t think the vaccine would reduce the number of those who are asymptomatic. I think it will still be 1 in 3 who would be asymptomatic. The reason id assume thats down to the number of people whose bodys react that way as opposed to anything the virus does. 

The cases will fly up just now because of the lack of any restrictions that would I think be normal and expected. The critical thing I think is its happening at a time where due to the vaccines there is far fewer getting seriously ill and therefore the pressure on the NHS is no longer as it was last year. 

8 minutes ago, sadj said:

**** off 🤣🤣 who gets nervous before playing Hibs. We may draw some , we may lose even less but we never fear them

Oh FFS it was a joke!! 

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

And take away the fun ?

No thanks !

1 minute ago, sadj said:

I don’t think the vaccine would reduce the number of those who are asymptomatic. I think it will still be 1 in 3 who would be asymptomatic. The reason id assume thats down to the number of people whose bodys react that way as opposed to anything the virus does.  

My thinking was it would increase them(not in overall numbers), not reduce them. As in more people who caught the virus would display no symptoms, i.e. increasing the number of people who when they catch the virus, don't go on to develop Covid symptoms.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

The cases will fly up just now because of the lack of any restrictions that would I think be normal and expected. The critical thing I think is its happening at a time where due to the vaccines there is far fewer getting seriously ill and therefore the pressure on the NHS is no longer as it was last year. 

That's undoubtedly true.

There must also be an element of it too though that most of the restrictions effected the working population and younger (office attendance, nightclubs, uni's, large gatherings etc) which are a group that by and large don't get hospitalised by it. So whilst the cases will rocket amongst that population there won't be a corresponding increase in hospitalisations...vaccine or no vaccine.

That isn't to say the vaccine isn't great, it is.

2 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:
1 hour ago, Awbdy Oot said:

The overall rates per 100k unvaccinated there is higher than the 100k vaccinated rate.

Vaccinated

(5591.4 total) 698.93 average per 100k

Unvaccinated

(6750.1 total) 843.76 average per 100k

Also your unvaccinated total does not include the number who have only had a single dose, it should as they are not fully vaccinated.

Please stop saying that you are more likely to catch Covid after vaccination, it's not true and that's before we even think about the severity of symptoms if you do catch it.

COVID itself and even the vaccine roll out are very much age stratified. That is why it is important to keep the age related data as it is. Your totals and averages don’t really mean much in the real world. You can grift up some figures for the 40-80 year age range if you want but that wouldn’t match your narrative. It is quite clear that for those who were vaccinated first and are in middle to older age categories , they are much more likely to have COVID now than an unvaccinated person. I know that doesn’t agree with your narrative but I'd be more interested in your reasons for that instead of some pseudoscientific data mash up.

Edited by JoeBugner2

21 minutes ago, sadj said:

The 1 in 3 asymptomatic lie is my favourite one. Still if you repeat it often enough plenty will believe it.

15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

If you mean conspiracy theorists who keep posting nonsense from unreliable sources that doesn't stand up to more than a 2 minute google search to disprove, then yes.

The thing that gets me is, just who are they trying to convince with their pish, most of the folks on here have already been vaccinated, so it's too late to try and change our minds, and the people who haven't been vaccinated are most likely not getting vaxxed anyway, so they are preaching to the converted...............yet on they persist, and round and round in circles we go.

15 minutes ago, Taffin said:

My thinking was it would increase them(not in overall numbers), not reduce them. As in more people who caught the virus would display no symptoms, i.e. increasing the number of people who when they catch the virus, don't go on to develop Covid symptoms.

That's undoubtedly true.

There must also be an element of it too though that most of the restrictions effected the working population and younger (office attendance, nightclubs, uni's, large gatherings etc) which are a group that by and large don't get hospitalised by it. So whilst the cases will rocket amongst that population there won't be a corresponding increase in hospitalisations...vaccine or no vaccine.

That isn't to say the vaccine isn't great, it is.

Makes sense. Iv friends some very healthy people utterly floored by it and some who “arent” as healthy hardly suffer. One of my closest pals has had it twice and not really been affected at all. Therefore I don’t think its as picky as some make out on here. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Makes sense. Iv friends some very healthy people utterly floored by it and some who “arent” as healthy hardly suffer. One of my closest pals has had it twice and not really been affected at all. Therefore I don’t think its as picky as some make out on here. 

It certainly suits the anti-vaxxers to label fat people as responsible for the majority of cases but isn't really standing up to scrutiny post-vaccine.

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

It certainly suits the anti-vaxxers to label fat people as responsible for the majority of cases but isn't really standing up to scrutiny post-vaccine.

Who on here is an anti vaxxer? 

4 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Who on here is an anti vaxxer? 

I'd also like to see the post vaccine scrutiny on who's most responsible for cases at that level of detail.

That's not being a smart arse, I'd genuinely like to see that.

On 01/09/2021 at 17:56, ScottieMac17 said:

My concern for younger people is that we are still finding out about short term side effects... IE.. affecting females under 30s menstril (which is raising new concerns about fertility) and skin conditions due to a side effect with the vaccine. The current vaccines are still under a trail period, and 'forcing' people to take something with little knowledge of long term side effects is dangerous. 

I am under 30 and I'm vaccinated, however I do worry about long term effects from the vaccine. 

I think vaccine passports are not great and freedom of choice is important in life. 

Every law that is ever passed restricts your freedom of choice. I'd love to try driving down the motorway as fast as my car would go but my freedom of choice is restricted. There are millions of examples. This is restricting far fewer people's choices than many other laws, rules and regulations. 

Laws, rules and regulations are important in a life where you  want to live in a civilised society. 

Whether you like or dislike the Government, they are elected to make the decisions.

9 minutes ago, H2 said:

Every law that is ever passed restricts your freedom of choice. I'd love to try driving down the motorway as fast as my car would go but my freedom of choice is restricted. There are millions of examples. This is restricting far fewer people's choices than many other laws, rules and regulations. 

Laws, rules and regulations are important in a life where you  want to live in a civilised society. 

Whether you like or dislike the Government, they are elected to make the decisions.

Hitler passed laws. South Africa has apartheid laws.

29 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'd also like to see the post vaccine scrutiny on who's most responsible for cases at that level of detail.

That's not being a smart arse, I'd genuinely like to see that.

You might be waiting some time to get that as politics around the likes of Schools and Universities both sides of the border won't want those decisions scrutinised.

4 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Or accept you won't get to do certain things, or have your civil liberties impinged as some would say.

I just can't see how my life will change to be honest. 

4 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

This

some weirdos seem to think getting a vaccine goes against their - so called - human rights 😂 they’re just acting like twits 

Folk being outraged for the sake of being outraged. 

Quite funny to watch actually. 

1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

Folk being outraged for the sake of being outraged. 

Quite funny to watch actually. 

Indeed 

a good way to spot those with a lower IQ as well 

8 minutes ago, sadj said:

👀WTAF

The ones who complain about having a vaccine - who have not got a medical reason not to have it - are idiots. No question about it. Even Biden thinks so too 

15 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

I just can't see how my life will change to be honest. 

Indeed, I can't see anything which is going to fundamentally change my life with this.

5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

The ones who complain about having a vaccine - who have not got a medical reason not to have it - are idiots. No question about it. Even Biden thinks so too 

You can’t call people idiots without understanding their reasons. I think some of the people have reasons which i think are daft but you still have to respect their choice. Thats different to people pushing crazy conspiracy theories or trying to argue black is white. 

Some people rightly are concerned about the long term effect of the vaccine because they havent seen enough justification to convince them. Calling them idiots is not acceptable. As for Biden who gives a **** 🤷🏻‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Sleepy Joe says so 🤣 the posties seemingly are exempt though, so what does Biden think of them?

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

You can’t call people idiots without understanding their reasons. I think some of the people have reasons which i think are daft but you still have to respect their choice. Thats different to people pushing crazy conspiracy theories or trying to argue black is white. 

Some people rightly are concerned about the long term effect of the vaccine because they havent seen enough justification to convince them. Calling them idiots is not acceptable. As for Biden who gives a **** 🤷🏻‍♂️

Agree to disagree then