Vaccination certificates needed at Tynecastle?

Niemi’s gloves

Just now, luckydug said:

The same as it was my choice not to attend matches so far. 

I'm still getting to see the games because the club are streaming the games. The non vaccinated can do the same. 

Just like the good old days of apartheid.

No blacks, no jews, no Irish, no unvaccinated....

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• frankblack

• Taffin

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

The same as it was my choice not to attend matches so far. 

I'm still getting to see the games because the club are streaming the games. The non vaccinated can do the same. 

Exactly. 

3 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Why weren’t vaccine passports automatically sent out after you received a second jag?? 

That puzzled me as well. 

3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Too many selfish twits at the game not wearing masks and choosing not to get vaccinated too 

If you point out to covid cynics that this'll all be over a lot quicker if they comply with the regulations, they still wont foweiw them due to something to do with their personal freedom. 

They'll be moaning during winter when everything is back into some sort of lockdown again.  

If you don’t need to wear a mask sitting indoors at a table why should you need them outside when seated ? 

Because idiots shout at the games which will make spit go to the people in front 

Shanks said no
16 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Give me any example where unless there’s a medical reason - why it’s not selfish if someone just refuses a vaccine?

Others have already given you examples of non medical reasons and as the vaccination was voluntary then it was a matter of choice. 

I do feel that your understanding of the term selfish is inappropriate and out of context. Although I may not agree with some friends who have chosen not to be jagged, and have told them so, they are still considerate and generous people. You got your bite off me, well done, hopefully it gave you a small thrill.

Just now, Back to 2005 said:

How many blacks, Jews or Irish had the option to change their situation. 

In a thread of unbelievable posts this is right up there.

2 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Are you seriously comparing this to the days of no blacks etc? 

1 minute ago, Hmfc1965 said:

How many blacks, Jews or Irish had the option to change their situation. 

In a thread of unbelievable posts this is right up there.

Discrimination is still discrimination.

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

If that religion told someone  the world was flat what would you say to them? 

vaccinations have been proven to work 

Out of respect for what they believe (because every are allowed to choose what they believe are they not, given the free country we live in?)

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Ummm it’s been proven to work mate

so why have you not???

Because I don’t trust the vaccine, what is in it or our government. It has nit proven to work as infection rates are still high. The flu jab stops you getting the flu. The Covid vaccine does not. Why I would I want to put something in my body that doesn’t stop me getting infected, what’s the point?

2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Because idiots shout at the games which will make spit go to the people in front 

People talk at tables , spit travels there too .

Doctor FinnBarr
2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Don't know how things work in Hamilton but I'm able to shout without spitting.

8 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

You would think that Scotland as one of the most vaccinated countries in the world would have one of the lowest case rates but the opposite is true.

The vaccine quite clearly reduces hospitalisations and deaths. That is why we have able to come out of lockdown even though cases have risen.

Absolute Scenes
8 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Too many selfish twits at the game not wearing masks and choosing not to get vaccinated too 

And another thing, I was the only fan in my stand wearing a mask at the Aberdeen game. I didn’t need to because it’s outdoors, but did it anyway. All the others round me were potentially vaxed, but since they didn’t wear masks does that make them selfish twits too?

If you don’t need to wear a mask sitting indoors at a table why should you need them outside when seated ? 

It’s a shitshow, and once people have had time to dissect this, it will be an even bigger one.

As far as I can read it, a scenario, Hamilton, for example, could restrict their attendance to just under 4K, which would cover most of their games, and they would be under the limit on which the vaccine passports rules would apply !

😂

This is not going to end well !

Discrimination is still discrimination.

No it isn't. Discriminating against someone because of who they are is indefensible. 

Placing restrictions on people who are choosing to exercise their freedom of choice against a possible risk to the health of others just isn't. 

2 minutes ago, haggis58 said:

The vaccine quite clearly reduces hospitalisations and deaths. That is why we have able to come out of lockdown even though cases have risen.

So why the need for a passport?

Its medical fascism. So yes.

You don't have to take the jag so it is fascist.  If you are saying that all business owners shouldn't be allowed to stop unvaccinated entering their premises, aren't you being fascist towards them?  

This is nothing like the days of no blacks, irish or dogs.  

No it isn't. Discriminating against someone because of who they are is indefensible. 

Placing restrictions on people who are choosing to exercise their freedom of choice against a possible risk to the health of others just isn't. 

Coercion is also illegal.

3 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Well done mate sounds like a good decision - I thought you said you were in two-minds going to the game because you felt guilty as you hadn’t organised a test which had been highlighted by others doing so on the pcr test thread

Yes I did. 

That thread led me to decide against attending. 

Once the certificates come in to force at least we'll know that everyone (except those exempt) in the stadium will have taken precautions. 

The LFT still a good idea. 

31 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not good enough reason mate

they don’t deserve to be able to mix with people doing the right thing 

all of them are selfish twits (unless there’s a medical reason)

Wow! Be careful what you wish for mate. 

This thinking does not end well for society. 

2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

You don't have to take the jag so it is fascist.  If you are saying that all business owners shouldn't be allowed to stop unvaccinated entering their premises, aren't you being fascist towards them?  

This is nothing like the days of no blacks, irish or dogs.  

Any business that did that wouldn't last long.

It is exactly like that. A 2 tier society never ends well. 

4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Because I don’t trust the vaccine, what is in it or our government. It has nit proven to work as infection rates are still high. The flu jab stops you getting the flu. The Covid vaccine does not. Why I would I want to put something in my body that doesn’t stop me getting infected, what’s the point?

But it does. It's not completely effective but it:

Cuts the chances of people getting it.

Reduces the effect if they do.

Cuts the risk of passing it on.

The point is you could be sitting beside someone who isn't vaccinated for medical reasons. 

You have chosen not to be. You voted have it, without showing symptoms because you're young and healthy (and apparently they are immune).

You pass it on with serious consequences for the other person.

Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

The point is you could be sitting beside someone who isn't vaccinated for medical reasons. 

You have chosen not to be. You voted have it, without showing symptoms because you're young and healthy (and apparently they are immune).

Exactly

anyone with half a brain would see this too

Just now, hearts00 said:

Wow! Be careful what you wish for mate. 

This thinking does not end well for society. 

Ignore him. His idea of fun is coming on here trolling.  Its a bit sad.

9 minutes ago, haggis58 said:

Exactly 

4 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

Coercion is also illegal.

You are not being coerced into anything. 

Have the vaccine or don't,  but don't moan about the consequences. 

13 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Others have already given you examples of non medical reasons and as the vaccination was voluntary then it was a matter of choice. 

I do feel that your understanding of the term selfish is inappropriate and out of context. Although I may not agree with some friends who have chosen not to be jagged, and have told them so, they are still considerate and generous people. You got your bite off me, well done, hopefully it gave you a small thrill.

Only stupid reason so far 

Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

Exactly 

How would you describe coercion? 

5 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

So why the need for a passport?

You don't need a passport unless you go to a large event. If a unvaccinated person go to a mass event then they are at risk of catching covid and ending up in a ICU ward because case numbers are high.

1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

Any business that did that wouldn't last long.

It is exactly like that. A 2 tier society never ends well. 

This isn't going to lead to a two tier system in every aspect of life, there's just going to be some restrictions in certain circumstances to help prevent others getting severely unwell, or worse.  

You don't think that politicians are doing this for the sake of it rather than what they say it is intended for?  

No one is bringing in these restrictions because they want to, it's because they think they are doing the right thing in the circumstances. 

Not many businesses will go bust if they refuse entry as most have been vaccinated.  

You do agree that forcing businesses owners to accept those who have been vaccinated is also fascist?  

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

No, it isn't.

You mean the selfish people who won't do what you want them to do with their bodies? The irony.

I'm double vaccinated, it's nothing to do with me if anyone else decides to go down the same path as me on that, or not. I've done all I can to mitigate my personal risk and I'll go to things happy in that knowledge and not get my knickers in a twist whether the person next to me has had one jag, two jags or none at all. If it was a concern for me, I'd stay at home rather than selfishly think others should look after me by doing things they don't want to.

:sweeet:

How would you describe coercion? 

Being forced to do something you don't want to do.

You have the choice. 

If you have strong ideological reasons for not being vaccinated,  fine, nobody is coercing you.

Just now, luckydug said:

To avoid the need for a lockdown and empty stadiums. 

I think I’ll need to contradict my earlier post on this. Still trying to decipher the proposal but, if I’m reading it right, any event with more than 10K would need to adhere to this new ruling.

Does that mean that the likes of St Mirren, Hamilton, Livi etc would be unaffected ?

If so, this will be binned before the vote even takes place !

2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

This isn't going to lead to a two tier system in every aspect of life, there's just going to be some restrictions in certain circumstances to help prevent others getting severely unwell, or worse.  

You don't think that politicians are doing this for the sake of it rather than what they say it is intended for?  

No one is bringing in these restrictions because they want to, it's because they think they are doing the right thing in the circumstances. 

Not many businesses will go bust if they refuse entry as most have been vaccinated.  

You do agree that forcing businesses owners to accept those who have been vaccinated is also fascist?  

No that's normal.

So as it stands I could go for a pint in the tynie Arms but not the game. Does this not strike you as complete nonsense? 

In France you need to be vaxced to buy food. Do you think that is acceptable? Where does it end? 

3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

No that's normal.

So as it stands I could go for a pint in the tynie Arms but not the game. Does this not strike you as complete nonsense? 

In France you need to be vaxced to buy food. Do you think that is acceptable? Where does it end? 

Do you really want to be banned from pubs too?

That's the more likely outcome. 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

No, it isn't.

You mean the selfish people who won't do what you want them to do with their bodies? The irony.

I'm double vaccinated, it's nothing to do with me if anyone else decides to go down the same path as me on that, or not. I've done all I can to mitigate my personal risk and I'll go to things happy in that knowledge and not get my knickers in a twist whether the person next to me has had one jag, two jags or none at all. If it was a concern for me, I'd stay at home rather than selfishly think others should look after me by doing things they don't want to.

Taffin landing some big shots after the ref had already stopped the fight.

Well said.

SuperstarSteve
20 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

The vulnerable sitting beside a vaccined person can catch it. Infact there would be more chance of a vaccined person passing it to vulnerable than a unvaccinated person who provides a negative test as he’s isn’t a risk, the vaccine simply can’t do that. Makes no sense to me to not have the option of a negative test. 

His point on flu jab is similar to reasons I hear for folk refusing the vaccine. 
polio vaccine guaranteed immunity in the majority for a decade.

The covid vaccine must do the same otherwise what is the point will continue to be the attitude of many. 

Edited by SuperstarSteve

3 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Do you really want to be banned from pubs too?

That's the more likely outcome. 

It will happen. Before we get locked down for the winter anyway.

1 minute ago, Back to 2005 said:

No that's normal.

It ends if as many people as possible get vaccinated and stick to whatever guidelines there are.  

There are anomalies in these restrictions but they aren't there because someone in the Scottish government just wants control.

I think it's up to you if you don't want vaccinated, but it's also the right of businesses to decide they won't to refuse them entry.  

The majority have had their jags so I can't see many businesses going bust if they decide to only allow entry to those vaccinated.  

I'm am amazed that you think this is like segregation in the past.  No ones is being refused anything because of how they were born, only because some are trying to get us out of this as much as they can.

Do you think they are making these decisions just to control things?  

Good time to open a business that only serves the unvaccinated.  You'd make a killing.  

2 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

The vulnerable sitting beside a vaccined person can catch it. Infact there would be more chance of a vaccined person passing it to vulnerable than a unvaccinated person who provides a negative test as he’s isn’t a risk, the vaccine simply can’t do that. Makes no sense to me to not have the option of a negative test. 

His point on flu jab is similar to reasons I hear for folk refusing the vaccine. 
polio vaccine guaranteed immunity in the majority for a decade.

The covid vaccine must do the same otherwise what is the point will continue to be the attitude of many. 

How do you know folk have a negative test?

Aye and folk like you make it more likely. 

It's amazing that they can't see this.  They'll moan at another winter lockdown but still won't get vaccinated.   Weird. 

2 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Aye and folk like you make it more likely. 

Actually its the acceptance of the likes of yourself that does.  

Just now, Auldbenches said:

It's amazing that they can't see this.  They'll moan at another winter lockdown but still won't get vaccinated.   Weird. 

How many people need to be vaccinated? We have over 90% of people vaxxed and still the cases are going up.